Naruto Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Clan of the Moon ❯ The Land of Dreams ( Chapter 41 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The next chapter! Hope you like it!
 
Disclaimer: I do not own the Naruto or Sailor Moon series, but the original characters Gala and Amera belong to me!
 
 
The Land of Dreams
 
 
It was a quiet place with light shining all around her. The sky was pale in color, not the blue she was used to. Was this heaven? Was she dead?
 
White birds flew past her green eyes, singing a beautiful song in their wake. Heaven or not it was a beautiful place to be sure. Wide fields, trees swaying in a gentle wind, it was paradise.
 
She heard giggling from afar. Curious, she went to inspect it. Maidens with silver hair that shone against the bright sun were gossiping around a large fountain. Their long dresses were simple and white, flowing around them softly.
 
“Where…am I?”
 
The maidens seem to have heard her for they stopped their speech instantly. Rising, they waited. It was curious to Sakura that the maidens showed no sign of fear…even more curious was the fact that the maidens had bowed.
 
“You have come…” Sakura jumped hearing the voice behind her. Apparently the maidens weren't bowing to her; they were bowing to the man behind her.
 
Slowly turning around, Sakura's bright eyes met those of a young man who was much taller than herself. He wore all white, golden earrings dangling from his ears.
 
The young man smiled kindly to her. “Do not fear, I am a friend.” He knelt to her level. “We have been waiting for this day for quite some time, child of the moon.” He kissed her forehead, where her clan symbol glowed brightly. “My great-granddaughter…It is good to finally meet you in person.”
 
Elysion, the land of dreams; that is what Helios, Sakura's great-grandfather, had called this mystical world she was in. She came here through her dreams, thus extinguishing her thoughts of her being dead. The maidens had gathered around her, dressed her in a dress similar to the one her great-great grandmother wore while under the crystal coffin. Thankfully, they left her hair alone.
 
“Helios…Why…am I here?” Sakura asked as she walked beside the priest of Elysion.
 
“As you sleep, your body is preparing itself.” He had told her gently. “Your mind and soul stay here, keeping you safe and alive.” He smiled. “You look so much like Small Lady.”
 
Sakura guessed Small Lady was his wife, her great-grandmother. Also, by Helios' statement, it was safe to say she was possibly in a crystal coffin herself in the waking world.
 
Her breath caught in her throat. “If I'm here…then wouldn't…”
 
Once again he kneeled to her. He placed gentle hands upon her bare shoulders, stared serenely into her wondrous green eyes.
 
“The Neo-Queen's soul is much too old to be in physical form, small one…” He smiled sadly. “But she is indeed here…” He cupped her face with his hands. “Close your eyes.” She did as he asked. “Feel her presence as the wind tickles by…When you drink the water, her presence enters you, calming yours…She is everywhere, Sakura…And will always be.”
 
As he spoke, Sakura could indeed feel something. It was small but still there. The wind rushed through her hair like a soft caress…almost like a gentle hand, soothing her inner being. It was such an amazing feeling that it made tears fall from Sakura's eyes.
 
“Do not cry, dear one…” Helios wiped away her tears. “At least not tears of sadness…”
 
“I'm not sad.” Sakura breathed out. “I'm happy.” She frowned. “I only wish Naruto could come here.”
 
“He will.” Helios pulled away from her, stood and took her hand. “Now, I have a surprise for you.” He smiled. “How would you like to meet Pegasus?”
 
Sakura laughed as Pegasus took her through the skies across Elyison. This place was such a wondrous one; spanning farther than she ever thought possible.
 
Pegasus set her down near a stream; he took a drink of the clear blue water as Sakura petted his mane. Like a mirror, the water reflected her within it and Sakura could barely recognize herself.
 
“Sometimes I wish I could just fly away…” She said. “But I know I can't…” She sat on the grass, stared hard at her reflection on the water. “I have a duty to my friends and family…I just wish…Someone would tell me exactly what will happen when I receive the crystal…Will I be controlled by it? Will it force me to do things it considers as the greater good?”
 
Suddenly another face appeared beside Sakura as a woman's gentle voice enveloped her ears.
 
“The crystal never controls, only helps.”
 
Surprised was she to see the pink haired woman beside her. How did this elegant lady appear next to Sakura without making a sound? Wait…Pink hair?
 
“You…You're…my great-grandmother!”
 
“Yes.” The woman giggled. “You can call me Rini.” She took Sakura's hand. “Sakura-chan…the crystal is connected to your heart, as long as your heart is strong…the crystal will be strong.”
 
Sakura nodded. “I…think I understand, Obaesan...”
 
“If you understand then you should not be afraid of anything, Sakura-chan…” the woman patted Sakura's head. “You will be a great queen.”
 
“How so?”
 
She chuckled.“Well, you are quite strong in the mind and body. You have a good sense of right and wrong, and you understand the importance of having those you care about around you. That is all you need in order to be a great ruler.” To Sakura's look Rini replied, “We've been watching you and Naruto, Sakura…”
 
“Obaesan…Helios said that I'm asleep…” Sakura frowned. “But…I don't remember…”
 
Rini frowned. “Let me tell you something…” She took the girl in her arms. “Did anyone ever tell you what happens to a star seed once darkness has taken it over?” Sakura shook her head. “The star becomes tainted…feeding off a person's deepest hidden desires.” She smiled sadly. “Mine was almost taken from me at one point…”
 
Green eyes widened. “Really? You…You were taken by the darkness?”
 
“You must understand, Sakura…The darkness can be tricky…It wants you to believe it can give you your heart's desire…Though you are of the moon clan, you are not immune to the darkness. As the vessel of the crystal, you must not fear the darkness, must not let it touch your light.” She looked square into Sakura's eyes. “Otherwise, you will not be able to save others from their own darkness.”
 
The advice sunk in rather quickly for Sakura stood. It was hard for her to breathe.
 
“Sasuke…” Sakura should have seen it! He had to be the reason why she was in this land!
 
She balled her hands into fists. Her shoulders squared as her eyes stared off into the horizon with determination.
 
“I have to save him NOW!” She declared. “Otherwise he'll be lost forever!”
 
Rini stood beside her great-granddaughter.
 
“What of the others? They will surely act differently, Sakura.”
 
“I can't admonish them for acting in their ways, but whether they like it or not, whether I like it or not, Sasuke is one of us…And I am not losing anyone. Not now, not ever.”
 
The lady hugged the gentle princess.
 
“Once a proud shinobi, now a proud princess…” The lady smiled. “No…” She moved a stray hair away from Sakura's face. “I do not see a princess in front of me…” She moved away. “I see a proud queen…”
 
Sakura smiled and bowed to the elder woman though she not look an elder at all.
 
“You know your place, know your time…” Rini pointed towards the horizon. “Take Pegasus to the far end of the lands…there the final leg will begin.” She took Sakura's hand. “Descendant of Serenity the 1st, whose daughter became the Neo Queen Serenity, whose daughter became that known as Lady of the Moon. Remember where you came from, Sakura. A long line of powerful, gentle rulers that stand against time itself.”
 
The granddaughter nodded. “I will…Goodbye, great-grandmother…” Then she turned to the horizon and went on towards the path of her destiny.
 
Rini watched her great grand-daughter with great pride. She feared the generation gap would taint the line, yet it did nothing of the sort. Instead, the line brought out the strongest heart Rini had ever seen.
 
“When you wake dear child, no longer will you be Sakura Haruno…” She spoke to Sakura's silhouette as the girl disappeared from sight.
 
“You shall be Serenity the Fourth…The Crystal Queen…”
 
 
Next Time: A Cousin's Vow