Naruto Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Clan of the Moon ❯ A Cousin's Vow ( Chapter 42 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own the Naruto or Sailor Moon series, but the original characters Gala and Amera belong to ME!
 
A Cousin's Vow
 
 
As Sasuke had said, the Akatsuki had come. Naruto punched, kicked, screamed, anything he could do to get those jerks off him, but seeing as that he had no chakra to speak of and he still hadn't reached his transformed state, Naruto was pretty much at their mercy.
 
They had shackled him to a table and began the extraction process. Pain coursed throughout his body so much that his screams could be heard throughout the halls of the underground hideout. It was worse than any injury Naruto had gotten during a mission. It was like his very being was being split open for the whole world to see.
 
When this was all over, Naruto was so kicking a certain Teme's butt.
 
It was hours, or at least it felt like hours to Naruto, before the pain was gone. Something was forced into his mouth, a liquid of sorts. Was that to kill him?
 
“You have what you need now leave.” Through his hazy mind Naruto heard Sasuke speak.
 
“Pleasure doing business with you, Uchiha-san.” It was an unfamiliar voice that replied back.
 
It was all Naruto remembered before succumbing to sleep.
 
He awoke to a slight breeze blowing at his bangs; running water enveloping his ears…
 
And a beautiful landscape surrounding his eyes.
 
“What the…?” He stood, found himself barefoot on soft green grass, his clothes changed to white attire.
 
“So…you've finally come…” Naruto whipped his head around to stare at a tall man with white hair smiling gently at him.
 
“Who…are you?”
 
The man's smile brightened. “I am your great grandfather…” He held out a hand. “Come, walk with me.”
 
The man called this place Elysion, the land of dreams and called himself Helios. Naruto asked if this was the afterlife and the man replied that it wasn't.
 
“This is simply a place where you mind and soul can be a peace…until it is time.”
 
The blonde boy knew just what time the man was speaking of. Did coming here mean that the crystal was almost ready? It was possible.
 
“Tell me, Naruto…Have you ever thought of yourself as a future leader?” Helios asked.
 
Easy question, easy answer.
 
“Sure! I'm going to be the next Hokage!” Naruto grinned.
 
Helios chuckled at his enthusiasm. “And what will you do as the next Hokage?”
 
Blonde hair paused…he hadn't really thought of that…What WOULD he do as the next Hokage?
 
“I…guess…lead the ninja of Konoha…” He shrugged his answer. “Oh and protect Sakura-chan too!”
 
The tall man nodded. “Spoken like a true knight…A leader of knights to be precise.”
 
A quizzical stare.“Huh?”
 
“Let me show you something…” He waved his arm and a scene came before them. In the scene, Naruto watched the entire Hikari group denounce loyalties to Konoha…and announce their loyalties to him.
 
Naruto's eyes widened in shock. Neiji? Sai? Shikamari? They were now under his command? Talk about a total role reversal! Weeks before they were all jerks!
 
“They are now under your stead, Naruto…” Helios explained. “Apparently, you have proven yourself to them…Now you truly are a leader.”
 
The blonde boy wasn't ready for this, at least he felt that way. This was all too easy, and all too soon. Could he really be a good leader? He still had so much to learn from grandma Tsunade and all his other teachers.
 
“There is no time for second guessing, Naruto. You must be ready now, or your cousin will fall.”
 
A blinding white light came from the soft skies, shooting towards the ground like a falling star. Helios stared at it as it continued to fall.
 
“I believe you know what that is, Naruto…” Said boy's eyes widened considerably at the moving light. “Hold out your hand, guide it to you.”
 
Stretching his arm to the heavens, Naruto watched the light steer its course towards him; the object was round and cool to the touch. Yes…He knew exactly what it was.
 
He brought it down, stared at its shimmery surface. It really did look like the moon, yet it was so small that it fit in the palm of his hand. Staring into its crystal surface, he could swear he could see the face of a woman with long blonde hair, smiling at him.
 
“Do you know what to do?” Helios asked.
 
Determination fell into blue eyes.
 
“Hell yes…” Naruto blinked. “Uh…I mean uh…”
 
Helios chuckled at the boy's antics. “Go, Naruto…Head towards the sun…There you will fulfill your purpose and become as you have been destined to become…Do you know what that destiny is, Naruto?”
 
Yes he knew, somehow he knew…He would not allow Sakura to taint her inner light. He would protect her, brutally if necessary. This, he realized, was the true reason behind the court; the reason why a star seed was obsessed with protecting the moon clan, his clan. The moon clan was the clan of light, the clan of peace. To destroy something so pure and innocent would be a crime against nature; that was why darkness wiped it off the earth for it knew the clan's power…The power to defeat the darkness within people's hearts and souls. In all purpose to save the world from the dark grip that the darkness hand upon everyone.
 
“I don't know how it will happen…” Naruto began his declaration. “But when it does…I will protect Sakura's world…” He looked onto the horizon. “I will make sure she doesn't stain her hands with war. I will make sure her heart isn't destroyed by despair and hatred.” He gripped the crystal tightly within his fist. “Make no mistake…my cousin has shed her last tear, seen her final brutal battle. She'll stay within her crystal tower, a beacon of hope without a care in the world.”
 
Helios smiled a gentle smile. “Then go to her, Naruto…And when this dream is done…Your transformation will be complete.”
 
Naruto headed towards the sun, dead set in giving the glowing object in his hands to its new host. As he reached the top of a large hill, he paused. The figure awaiting him there paused as well.
 
It was Sakura, her green eyes blazing with a purpose.
 
“Naruto…?”
 
“Sakura…?”
 
They said each other's names at the same time, unsure of why the other was there. Naruto's glowing fist said it all.
 
“Is that…?” He nodded, opening his hand for her to see. She was awed by its unearthly glow and was surprised at it being so small.
 
“Sakura…Do you think we're ready for this…responsibility?” Naruto asked.
 
Sakura sighed. “You know…I'm not sure, Naruto.” She smiled at her cousin. “But I know that I'm ready as long as my family is with me.”
 
Naruto took her hand. “Sakura…I swear, that as long as I'm breathing, I'm gonna protect the family I have…” He stared at her. “Count on it.”
 
She giggled. “I had a feeling you would say that…” She stared out at the expanse that was Elysion. “You know…this place is so peaceful…I wish the regular world was like this…Do you think I can do that, Naruto? Change the world and turn it into a peaceful one?”
 
“Most definitely, Sakura.” Their foreheads touched, their symbols joining together as one. “Ready?”
 
She smirked.
 
“Most definitely.”
 
 
Next Time: The White Ninja