Naruto Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Clan of the Moon ❯ Flame Sniper ( Chapter 49 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay, I'm a bit hesitant with this chapter. It's a good chapter, but some of you might not like the outcome of it all. It needs to happen to help with some character development. Enjoy! I hope…
 
Disclaimer: I do not own the Naruto or Sailor Moon series but the original characters Gala and Amera belong to ME!!!
 
 
Flame Sniper
 
Tsunade read the letter five times and still she didn't believe it.
 
The one tailed beast had attacked Suna…Sakura purified it, and sent it straight back into someone. That someone being Temari and it gave the wind girl a new power.
 
“So…if the beast is purified, it becomes an attack?” That didn't make any sense, but then again half of what was happening didn't make any sense.
 
The council agreed that the Akatsuki problem was much more dangerous than bickering about Naruto's family. Hence, they all decided to work together until the crisis had been dealt with. After such, it was quite possible more arguments would be had.
 
Especially now with this new information.
 
“You think it's a hoax, Tsunade-sama?” It was weird hearing the honorific from Naruto but he had since used it after the abandoned council meeting.
 
“Gaara isn't the type to make lies, Naruto…” The fifth leaned back into her chair. “So…it looks like we've got a means to our problem…” She frowned. “But something doesn't sit right with me…” She stared at Naruto. “The Akatsuki member wanted Sakura to go with him.”
 
Her successor's eyes hardened as his hands balled into tight fists.
 
“They want her light…It has to be that.” He said.
 
“They might think she can purify the beasts and grant them the powers created from that…” She rolled her eyes. “As if this hadn't got more complicated…” She glared at her successor. “What the hell is it with you two and trouble? It follows you like flies!”
Her successor laughed, though she didn't think it a joke.
 
The laughter gone, Naruto switched back to seriousness. Again, another strange event going on…Naruto being serious! What was the world coming to these days?
 
“I think what we need to do is find the beasts, find a way to subdue them then let Sakura purify them.” Naruto suggested. “It's just a matter of how we'll subdue them until we get them to Sakura.”
 
He was right of course, the beasts needed to be found and contained until they could be purified; the only problem there was nothing the Fifth could think of that would do such a feat except to give them a host.
 
She stared at the teenager before her, her mind working a mile a minute.
 
“According to everyone, the Clan of the Moon has some kind of light or whatever that practically radiates off them…Maybe YOU could subdue the beasts until Sakura can get a hold of them.” She looked at the note again. “Seems to me the beasts know your clan by the reaction the Tankui had when it saw Sakura…Perhaps you'll get a similar reaction to the others.”
 
It was a plausible solution. Naruto couldn't outright purify the beasts, but because of his bloodline it was very possible he could at least stop them from causing any more damage until his cousin could deal with them.
 
“There's a good chance the beasts are going to their respective nations as we speak…” Tsunade frowned. “If that's true…Then the Kyuubi could very well be heading this way…”
 
His body language suddenly changed, turned from a confident ninja in white to a scared little boy in white. Did Naruto secretly fear the Kyuubi? The Kyuubi HAD given him such grief not many people had experienced in their lifetimes.
 
He had changed again, geez his mood swings were creepy, from fear to hate.
 
“It's going down, by my hand.” And Naruto wasn't taking no for an answer.
 
Slowly, she nodded. “If that is how you want it…” Tsunade began to write orders she would give to the ninja of leaf. “I'll inform everyone to be on alert. We'll go ahead and take the populace to safety for precaution…There were too many lives lost the first time…I don't want any more to fall by the Kyuubi's wrath.” She stopped writing, a sudden thought coming to her.
 
The same thought came to Naruto. If Sakura purifies the Kyuubi…Who would be given the power that comes from it now that Sasuke was missing in action?
 
“We'll have to think about the…receiver later.” She signed her name on her decree, rolled it up. “Our first priority is the people, got that Naruto? As Hokage, you must always remember that.”
 
Naruto nodded, agreeing to the statement wholeheartedly.
 
Tsunade sent a message the other lands about the impending attacks, whether they believed her or not was their choice but she still felt she needed to warn them in some way. Akatsuki were everyone's problem now, not just one specific village.
 
For a week there was nothing to report. All was quite within Konoha, yet its walls were overwhelmed by scouts on every side. If there was trouble, the village would know in a matter of seconds.
 
It was on a moon lit night that a loud howl was heard throughout the village. When the sun rose the next day…It brought with it fear…and death.
 
Those who were there the first time it attacked were panic stricken, running for their very lives as the nine tailed fox blew away homes and businesses with its fiery attacks. The tails swished about, destroying everything they touched.
 
Naruto and those of the court within Konoha were quick to react. As the others went straight for the beast, Naruto hurried about, helping all he could. He saved a small child from a burning building, then pushed a man to the ground before he could be burnt to a crisp by a way ward tail. The saved man glared at him, pushed him away.
 
“This is all your fault!”
 
It stung, deeply stung Naruto's heart to hear someone say that. Maybe it really was his fault that the fox was attacking again…That the village was crumbling around him because he had been too weak to resist as the beast was extracted from him. Believing these thoughts, Naruto hung his head in shame.
 
“Do not let his words scar you, Naruto-kun.” Hotaru was at his side, unresponsive to the madness around her. Her eyes were trained upon the towering creature, still as emotionless as the day she subdued the same beast when it was inside Naruto. She turned those soulless eyes to him, smiled gently.
 
“None of this is your fault, and it never will be. Your clan is the clan of light.” She pointed to two figures high upon a rooftop overseeing the carnage. “You must deal with the darkness while the others deal with the beast the darkness controls.”
 
His eyes hardened, he hadn't seen the shadows for he was too concerned with the populace to notice. Now, his full attention to them, he could make out one single shadow.
 
Sasuke.
 
“YOU SON OF A BITCH!” Rage engulfed Naruto's form, his aura now so bright many who couldn't see it before now covered their eyes from the glow.
 
The man beside Sasuke noticed Naruto first as the blonde jumped to the rooftop in a mad rush. The man raised an eyebrow then a frown filled his face…Was that of concern? Couldn't be.
 
“Rage is not suited for the clan of the moon…”
 
Naruto glared hatefully at him.
 
“How dare you cause these people harm! What the hell did they ever do to you!?” Sasuke's back was to Naruto. So the Uchiha refused to look at him huh? Probably too ashamed to.
 
“You do not understand for you are a child of light…” The Akatsuki member stated. “Do not worry…I will let you rest until it is over…For one such as yourself should not see such horrors, but first…I must prove myself worthy…” He held a hand towards Sasuke who still hadn't moved from the man's side.
 
The Akatsuki member's hand began to glow, Naruto's eyes widened in horror. He was going to kill Sasuke! What was Sasuke doing just standing there!? Couldn't he see it? The attack about to be lain upon him!? MOVE idiot!
 
Mentally hitting himself for acting stupid, Naruto remembered an important fact. There was no way Sasuke would be able to see the attack for he held no power within, he was at anyone's mercy.
 
Naruto rushed to his friend's side, hoping to at a least take some of the blow to save him. However the moment he reached the two, a large blunt object was hit over his head, instantly knocking him out. He saw Sasuke leaning over him with the hilt of his sword in his hand. Darkness swept his mind quickly.
 
“Teme…you jerk.”
 
He awoke to a female's scream. Jerking awake, Naruto drew a white kunai which soon fell from his grip to the dusty ground at his feet.
 
There was nothing left…no trees, no homes, no buildings…
 
Konoha had been wiped off the face of the earth.
Naruto dropped to his knees, too shocked to speak. The entire village was gone, nothing but a crater of smoking rocks and bodies. The mountain side was nothing but rubble, the faces of the great Hokages long gone.
 
It was too much for his mind to handle.
 
“Naruto!” The scream restarted his brain. Standing he caught the rushing form of Raye heading his way. Seeing his okaesan there, safe and sound, he quite literary burst into tears.
 
Around, the battered and bruised members of court looked on at the mother and son pair, their star seeds violently reacting to the scene before them. Their star seeds cried out in sorrow and in hatred…sorrow for the many people that died, hatred for the person that caused their charge to cry painful tears.
 
“I am sorry to cause such grief…But this needed to happen.” The Akatsuki member was a few meters away, Sasuke at his side and the nine tailed fox towering behind them. “These wounds will heal, clan of the moon…” He reached out his hand. “Prince…Come with me and the Akatsuki will heal your broken heart.”
 
Naruto gazed at Sasuke in utter pain, however the Uchiha teen merely stared, unmoving and silent.
 
“How could you?” He whispered out then screamed it to the heavens. “HOW COULD YOU!!!???”
 
The inner Sasuke, the one who was practically tied down due to the strength of Madaara's Sharingon, felt the tendrils of guilt creep up his soul. Guilt that he wasn't strong enough to stop this tragedy from happening, guilt that one of his best friends -which he would, again never acknowledge to anyone- was sitting there, crying over those that were lost.
 
Raye seemed to see this inner Sasuke's struggle for her eyes bore deep holes into him. There was no disappointment, merely understanding.
 
“It will eat you away Sasuke…” That was the voice of his ancestor, Raye that drifted to him while watching from behind the barrier in his mind. “It will eat away until your very being will be gone…If you want it to go away, you must right this wrong.”
 
Using what strength he had, Sasuke forced some of his will out. His head looked up, stared at the large beast that had been standing behind him this whole time. He stared straight into the nine tailed beast's eyes. There was anger and hatred there, but behind such things…another emotion was there. It was the same emotion Sasuke was feeling at the moment.
 
Guilt.
 
Suddenly a bright light caused Sasuke to turn around. There was Sakura, looking around in confusion at first. When the recognition hit, Sasuke saw those large green eyes widen, those gentle hands shake.
 
Her painful scream filled the heavens, causing those alive to stop and stare at the pink haired teen in white. It was as if they were seeing a goddess crying over the lives that had been lost here. It was a breathtaking yet horrible sight to see.
 
It was that moment that Sasuke burst free, shattering the hold Madara's Sharingon had on him.
 
All tensed as the Kyuubi angled his head towards the crying moon child, nuzzled her face. The moment its nose touched her soft skin, the Kyuubi burst into red light that was sucked into a small ball…which sat at Sasuke's feet.
 
No one moved as the last Uchiha picked up the ball of light. The moment the light was within his hand, it entered his body and like Temari had, he collapsed to the ground as the power seeped through his veins. Once the rush subsided, he stared at his hands.
 
He felt warm…It came from a fire within that was turning hotter and hotter by the second. He knew this warmth all too well.
 
It was the warmth of his star seed…But it wasn't a gentle warmth…It was the warmth of a ranging inferno that wanted to strike.
 
A form hovered over him, he knew it to be his Akatsuki partner.
 
“Now that you have the power…You see this was necessary…”
 
Sasuke's arms dropped. Hands fisted the earth below him.
 
“You know what else must be done…The court of the moon must die. Only the Akatsuki can protect the moon---”
 
The Akatsuki member froze in his speech when the tip of a fiery arrow rested where his heart beated quickly. Following the arrow down, he saw the hands that held it taunt against a fiery bow.
 
Those hands belonged to none other than Sasuke Uchiha.
 
The man raised an eyebrow. “What brought on this sudden change of heart? You are a being of darkness…Do you honestly think they will trust you again after what you've done?”
 
Blazing red eyes glared at the Akatsuki member with more hatred than they had for the brother who murdered the Uchiha clan.
 
“No.” Sasuke replied. “But I understand…That the only way to defeat darkness…Is to understand its ways.” His swirling eyes showed no mercy to the man that stood before them.“Now die.”
 
As the Akatsuki member's lifeless form dropped onto the dirty ground, Sasuke gazed over the charred land that was once Konoha. It sickened him to know he had caused this carnage…
 
And sickened him more, when his Sharingon eyes met those of tear drenched green.
 
 
 
Next time: Team Seven Reunited