Naruto Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Clan of the Moon ❯ Return to Konoha ( Chapter 48 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Next Time chapter up and ready! Hope you like it! It's sort of a filler chapter. I'll probably fix it later once the entire story is over.
 
Disclaimer: I do not own the Naruto or Sailor Moon series but the original characters Gala and Amera belong to ME!!
 
 
Return to Konoha
 
 
They had split up into separate groups, half going to Suna while the other went to Konoha. At one point, Naruto had been a bit hesitant when Gaara suggested Sakura go to Suna but now the once Kyuubi container was thankful she was safe in the sand lands. For Naruto feared his cousin wouldn't be able to handle the stares he and his group were now receiving.
 
Now, Naruto was used the being stared at. He had been stared at all of his life with stares of hate with an occasional terror stare added in. These stares though were a bit unnerving. People were staring with awed stares, stares that people would give when exposed to something they had never seen before. Some kids had even stopped playing and moved out of the way to let them pass. Why were people acting this way?
 
“I believe they sense what we have for quite a while, Naruto-kun…” Sai told him. “It has just intensified due to…recent developments.”
 
Naruto raised an eyebrow. “What are you talking about?”
 
“They feel your light, Naruto-kun.” Amera smiled. “It was small at first…but now…” she chuckled. “You really should see yourself…You're practically glowing.”
 
“I am?” Naruto looked at his hands, he couldn't see any light, but everyone else could? Very cool. Now he was truly glad Sakura wasn't here, for if the populace was awed by his glow…what would they have thought of Sakura who held the sliver crystal within her?
 
“We should inform Lord Hyuga of the recent events.” Neiji did not let his guard down. Let them stare, but if they came close…
 
“We'll go to him later…Right now I got to talk to Tsunade-ba chan…” Naruto replied. “She needs to know what's going on.”
 
Indeed she was told of everything, of Sakura's location and of the Akatsuki.
 
“Damn.” The old woman swore under her breath. “I didn't think this would happen…” She frowned. “The only possible solution would be to locate the beasts. I have a feeling none of my ninja would be able to stand up to these things…Which leaves you all to the task.” She stared at the small group before her. “Naruto, I think you should stay here while they go out and search. You've got some studies of your own to complete.” She smirked. “After all I am NOT going to let my successor take my job unless he is properly trained.”
 
Pause.
 
Naruto blinked. “Huh?”
 
“Oh yeah, that's right, you were captured before you could be told…” She chuckled. “Naruto, you're going to be the Sixth Hokage. It's a done deal.”
 
Knowing this had been the blonde boy's dream since the beginning of his ninja career, those within the room watched his reaction. The blonde prince was still for a good two minutes before his body finally moved. Smiling, the boy stared at the current Hokage.
 
“I…think I already knew…” He stated. “Somehow…I already knew…” Nartuo smacked his hands together. “Alright then...We've got a lot of stuff to do before Sakura-chan can come here. And the first thing I want to do to…” A frown developed on his face. “I want a crack at the council.”
 
The fifth raised an eyebrow. “Are you sure that's wise?”
 
“I don't care if it is or not. I am still talking to them. I know what happened in the last meeting, don't ask how because it'll sound weird and I want my two cents in.”
 
Tsunade paused.
 
“Alright, but I'm coming too…Those guys are brutal…by the way…” She looked at the group standing before her. “Where's Sasuke?”
 
The group went silent.
 
“He disappeared…After certain events…I'll tell you later, Hokage-sama.” Naruto turned to his group. “Let's go guys.”
 
The meeting room, at least to Naruto, was stuffy and a bit overwhelming but he didn't let it get to him. He remembered what happened while he was in Elysion. He watched the scene unfold, how those currently around him had pledged loyalties to the clan of the moon. He saw the elders' faces…They were shocked and a bit nervous. Naruto wondered what they would do now when he was present.
 
All of them were old, possibly older than Tsunade. There was one woman while the rest were all men and all were staring straight at him.
 
“Naruto Uzamaki…” One of the men rose from his seat around a circular table. “Explain why your cousin is not present.”
 
The light bulb blinked then sparked as the pieces fit together. The council wouldn't haven't know of his family connection unless…He glared at the people around him.
 
“You knew…The whole time you knew…You all knew about my family…”
 
The one whom rose from his seat sat back down. None spoke a word.
 
The white ninja's glare intensified.
 
“How dare you keep all of this from ME!” He slammed his fist onto the stone table in a very Sakura Haruno-like fashion. The table burst into millions of tiny pieces. The elders didn't budge, used to such antics by the Hokage herself.
 
“I DEMAND to know your reasoning behind keeping this a secret my whole lifetime!!!! Did the fourth know? What about Tsunade?”
 
The only one whom had the gale to stand and speak was the woman elder.
 
“The fourth knew…the fifth did not…And it was for your and the village's protection.” She stated. “You are the nine tailed fox…We could not allow—“
 
“SHUT UP!” his voice echoed on the walls, the force so great that the woman elder was pushed back into her seat by an unknown force. “I have a serious suspicion that it was more than that…You knew of the moon clan…”
 
“It does not matter anymore, Naruto…Your clan is gone, now you are a part of Konoha…” A man elder rose this time. “And once Sakura Haruno returns, our village will become the most powerful in the world…”
 
A growl came from the once kyuubi container. “That was your goal from the start wasn't it? You faked everything just to get the crystal!”
 
“We could not allow our enemies to retrieve such a powerful object. Now, enough of this, as the future sixth Hokage—“
 
“I AM NOT FINISHED!”
 
The room had gone still. Even the elders could feel the static running rampant around the room, yet they were the only ones who did not understand it.
 
It was the energy…of an angry moon child.
 
“All I have to do is say the word and you all are dead.” The same venomous tone he used on Sasuke dripped through Naruto's mouth. “None of you care about this village or its people…All you care about is power. I will not let the likes of you taint Sakura's light. So either step down or die. Your choice.”
 
The elders looked at him as though he were crazy. Was Naruto actually ordering them to step down from their positions?
 
Knowing his comrades had angered the wrong teen, Ikin stood.
 
“You must understand, Naruto…” Ikin approached the boy carefully, keeping his eyes upon those around the blonde boy. “We could not allow evil to harm you or your cousin…We all have seen horrors that we wish you would not have to.” He sighed. “Perhaps in our cautious minds, we have forgotten the true meaning behind this village's purpose.”
 
It was that moment in which Tsunade spoke up.
 
“We can deal with this later, right now there are more important matters to attend to…The Akatsuki have all nine beasts. Safe to say we all agree that Sakura, wherever she may be, stay there.”
 
Ido frowned. “She will be safer here in Konoha, not some secret location.”
 
Naruto glared at him. “I have the final say if Sakura returns or not. She stays where she is. You don't like it, you can go to hell.”
 
Not wanting an all out brawl to happen, Tsunade nodded. “She'll stay where she is, Naruto. You have my word.” She huffed. “Now that that's settled, let's work together to find the Akatsuki and deal with them. Agreed?”
 
A grumble from the council. “Agreed.”
 
It was at that moment a messenger rushed into the room, bowed in respect.
 
“A message from Lord Kazekage…”
 
Ido nodded. “Very well, let's hear it…”
 
The ninja looked nervous.
 
“It's for Naruto Uzamaki…um…sir…”
 
Grinning from ear to ear, Naruto grabbed the message, glared at the council.
 
“You can bet this isn't over…Not by a long shot.”
 
 
Next Time: Flame Sniper