Naruto Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Clan of the Moon ❯ Aqua Rhapsody ( Chapter 51 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

We are coming down to the FINAL chapters of the story! Sorry it's been a while since the last update but I wanted the final chapters to be perfect! I hope you guys love this chapter and the ones to come! Oh yeah, I have no idea what the other seven beasts (besides the Kyuubi and the Tanuki) look like so I am making up their appearances. If you know, please tell me so I can change it!
 
Disclaimer: I do not own the Naruto or Sailor Moon series but all original characters belong to ME!!!
 
 
 
Aqua Rhapsody
 
 
 
 
Out of Sakura's insistence, team seven had become a team of six instead of the original intended five. Her excuse, she was NOT going to go around with a bunch of guys without SOME female company, so Ino joined their little circus.
 
The six man team 7 was on a winding path towards whichever destination Sakura led them. Raye had said that the sliver crystal could locate its partner as long as Sakura concentrated hard enough. The closer they were, the easier it would be to feel.
 
Naruto, Sasuke, and Kakashi hung back while Sai and Ino took the rear, leaving Sakura in the front. The crystal waves were coming from the North according to Sakura.
 
“So they really are permanent huh, Teme?” Naruto asked, referring to Sasuke's sharingon eyes.
 
A silent nod confirmed Naruto's suspicions.
 
“That's kind of cool I guess…” The white ninja shrugged. “So long as you don't eye Sakura I'm fine with it. Might give us an advantage maybe.”
 
They stopped to rest in a small clearing. All the while, Sakura sat and meditated, not once resting until the golden crystal was located.
 
“She's really working hard…geez…” Ino huffed. “At this rate she'll fall over before we even get there!”
 
Naruto shook his head. “I'm not going near her…not after she threw me in the lake the last time.”
 
Ino laughed at the remembrance while Sai and Sasuke smirked, under his mask, Kakashi grinned as well. The last time they had taken a break was near a lake to get water. Sakura was as she was now, sitting down meditating. Naruto believed she had had enough and proceeded to pry her up from her spot.
 
He ended up being tossed into the lake by a very angry Sakura Haruno.
 
Nobody could blame her though, she was training so hard because of what happened in the land that was once Konoha.
 
It was funny to see the blonde moon ninja come out of the water drenched to the bone but he had a good reason for it. No matter the journey, one needed to rest before the battle began. Thus, while the others talked about what to do next, Sai cautiously approached the pinkette who was sitting upon a fallen tree in a meditation stance.
 
“If you think you're going to stop me, you'd better leave now, Sai.” She hadn't moved an inch but had known his presence.
 
“You can feel my star seed…” Sai deduced, she nodded then pried one eye open.
 
“You are worried like the others…” She was referring to the rest of the team. “I'm fine.”
 
“Sakura…I mean…Serenity…You know as well as I that there was nothing you could have done.”
 
“I should have been there.” She blurted out. “Should have known something was wrong the moment it happened.” She closed her eyes. “You wouldn't know this emotion, Sai. It's called guilt. Next to sadness, it's one of the worst emotions anyone could ever think to have.”
 
Sai frowned. “I…see…Then I believe I have experienced a version of guilt before…When you and Naruto were captured, I had felt I should have done something to prevent such from happening. I had felt as if…it were my fault in the first place for not protecting you properly as I should have done.”
 
She hadn't moved but he did. Sitting beside her he watched their small circle of friends from afar.
 
“I read in a book that guilt can remain with you for a very long time. And if you do not deal with it soon…it will destroy you.” Not knowing what he was doing, he placed a hand on one of her own. “I do not want you to destroy yourself, Sakura…”
 
She stood, ripped her hand from him.
 
“Well maybe I should just destroy myself! What good is having all this power when I can't help!? I need to get strong fast before more people die because of my idiocy!”
 
A frown formed on the emotionless descendant of mist.
 
“You are no idiot, Sakura…Even I have to acknowledge that.”
 
He stood, walked over to her.
 
“There is something we are taught within ROOTS that I believe may help you deal with this guilt you feel…We are told that some circumstances are beyond our control. If the circumstance is vital to our mission, we do whatever is needed to fix it. It doesn't matter how the circumstance was created, just that it needs to be corrected.”
 
A green eyed glare. “I will not be emotionless, Sai.”
 
“He means you should stop blaming yourself and concentrate on fixing it.”
 
Sasuke voice caused even the birds to stop chirping. He didn't move his gaze from the fire but continued to speak.
 
“All that you should be centered on is your main goal. You do whatever is necessary to accomplish it, even if it means having a stone heart.”
 
Sakura shook her head. “How can you expect me to just ignore what happened!?”
 
Sasuke shrugged. “They'll come back, Sakura. So there's not need to start crying over them.”
 
“But what if we don't succeed?”
 
He frowned. “If you think that, then you aren't the girl I perceived you to be…The last time I remembered, you would go through hell and back just to get me back. Whatever happened to that determined girl I left on the bench those many years ago? We could use her strength right now, not this whiny girl we're stuck with.”
 
It was a complete shock to hear those kinds of words coming from Sasuke Uchiha. Sure they sounded cruel to a point, but he was trying to comfort her in his own way.
 
Sakura slumped her shoulders. He was right. She just expected more from the crystal…more ways to help people…
 
“You'll help people, Sakura…” This time, Kakashi stepped into the conversation. “But you won't help if you're exhausted from too much mental training.”
 
Again, another right answer from a fellow teammate. She needed to slow down. Things would come to her when they were needed.
 
She was about to join the group with Sai at her side when she stopped in her tracks. A tingling sensation enveloped her very being.
 
The team stopped and stared at the princess as she held a hand to her heart. When her eyes opened looking like saucers, a thin mist began to circle them.
 
They all reacted quickly, surrounding Sakura in a tight circle, weapons drawn and ready to fight.
 
“Let me guess…This one belongs to Sai…” Naruto grinned.
 
“What was your first clue, dobe?” Sasuke rolled his eyes.
 
“Ah…” The voice reverberated around them. “Didn't think I would come across you…”
 
They knew he was an Akatsuki member by the long dark coat he wore. He appeared through the mist with an excited smirk painted all over his face.
 
“So, you're the famed moon people, huh?” His blue eyes gazed around them until they landed on Naruto. “Hey! I know you! Nice threads princy…Where's your cousin? I hear she's a knock out.”
 
Naruto growled at the man. He recognized that voice…This was the man that extracted the nine tailed fox from Naruto's body.
 
“He's mine.” Without thought Naruto rushed toward the man in tent on hurting him just as much as he hurt Naruto.
 
“Naruto you idiot!” Ino stopped him quick enough before the Akatsuki member vanished. “We have to stay with the group!”
 
But it was too late, the mist had surrounded the pair, leaving them alone. And with Kakashi nowhere to be found, Sakura was left with Sai and Sasuke.
 
The two teens spoke not a word, their eyes trained on the mist around them.
Using his red eyes, Sasuke tried his best to look through the thick fog but like Ami's own fog, it was hard to see through even with the Sharingon.
 
“I smell….moon…” A haunting voice surrounded them. It wasn't the voice of the Akatuski member…
 
It was that of the Mist Beast.
 
“I don't think he will attack Sakura…” Sai speculated. “But that doesn't mean he won't attack us.”
 
The seasoned warriors looked at one another. Their appearance was not the only thing that was similar between the two…Their minds were as well. The two were on a higher plane of understanding than anyone else for they needed not to express any words to form a plan together. Grabbing Sakura's wrist, Sai disappeared into the mist, hoping the beast would become distracted by Sasuke.
 
Sakura knew when to be quiet and she did though inside she was seething. These boys didn't think she could handle her own hence they tried to get her away from the beast.
 
“You two DO realize I'm the only one that can help, don't you?” She asked as soon as she and Sai stopped moving.
 
Sai had become silent, listening to the mist around them for any movement. Ami had taught him this trick during training, how the mist can tell you everything you need to know while in a battle…you just had to listen to its whispered voice.
 
<Safe…> the whisper was small but he heard it. <For now.>
 
He relaxed seconds later, smiled his emotionless smile.
 
“Of course we know, Sakura…” He replied. “We just want to make sure it wasn't a trick.”
 
She nodded, not believing him but decided to keep quiet about it. She took this moment to get a look at Sai. She had seen many other transformations, but his was…weird…
 
He looked like a ghost, paler than the mist about them. What was even stranger was that his touch was cold…almost like ice. He looked mysterious, kind of like those guys in romance novels that would sweep a girl off her feet the instant he walked into a room. And those ice blue eyes…boy that would be getting some used to.
 
The blush formed on her cheeks before she could stop it. Sai had noticed the change.
 
“Are you alright?” He asked.
 
“Yeah…yeah I'm fine…” She replied. “This fog is just…making me feel a little funny.”
 
It was the truth actually, when the mist appeared, Sakura's senses had gotten mixed up. She couldn't sense anything around her unless it was two feet in front of her.
<Danger!> Came the small voice from the mist that only Sai could hear. <Danger!>
 
“Ah…YOU'RE the pinky princess…Wow you really are cute. “ The Akatsuki member appeared out of the mist, that smirk still on his face. “Wouldn't mind being by your side…”
 
Sai decided he wanted to wipe that smirk off the man's face…immediately.
 
The ice crystals attacked the man mercilessly and still he dodged.
 
“Come on! Is that all you got ice man?” The member laughed cruelly. “Geez princess, if this is all you've got then the Akatsuki really DOES need to replace your court.”
 
This guy was fast, but he was in Sai's territory. This mist might belong to the beast, but Sai was still a part of it. Maybe…this meant…the beast was apart of him as well? Could he speak to it?
 
<I don't know if you can hear me, mist beast…> He spoke to the mist about him, though others couldn't hear. <But your master will harm her…>
 
The Akatsuki member raised an eyebrow.
 
“Geez…this is too easy…Don'tcha worry princess, I'll make a much BETTER guard than this loser…” He grinned. “Hey you might get to like me a little bit better too!”
 
Sakura glared across the way.
 
“Not if you were the last man on earth.”
 
The Akatsuki member pouted. “Aw, don't be like that princess…I'm just doing my job!”
 
Once again, Sai spoke to the mist, he hoped it would hear him. Having Sakura around was distracting. He needed to get her away, quickly if possible.
 
<Cover her…so that no one but the stars may see her…>
 
The mist reacted instantly, surrounding Sakura. Surprised she gasped as Sai and the Akatsuki member vanished from her sight.
 
“Oh for the love of kami!” Sakura huffed. “Sai you jerk!” She could hear the sounds of battle all around her. At least that's what it sounded like to her, but she knew only two were raging at the moment.
 
A growl from behind caused her to jump.
 
“Moon...”
 
It was a towering creature of white, looking almost like a white wolf. If not for the situation, Sakura would see it as a noble creature and not a killing demon.
 
“Help…” She wasn't expecting that pleading voice to come from the beast, but it did. Was the beast wanting to be changed? Did all the beasts think this?
 
The shock came to her like a brick to a wall. The beasts were never evil to begin with…They were just confused, at least this one was…they were being controlled…forced to kill…just like Sasuke had been forced to help destroy Konoha.
 
“You poor creature…” She raised a hand, the beast nuzzled it gently. “I'm so sorry…”
 
The beast smiled. “Help. Yes?”
 
She nodded. “Yes…” And whispered the words into its ear. The beast smiled and sighed.
 
“Thank you…” Its words melted as it formed into a small blue glowing ball in Sakura's hands. She held it as gently as a mother would her own child as the mist around dissipated.
 
She saw the others and the Akatsuki member, who looked more shocked than anyone else.
 
“Serenity!” Naruto rushed over to her, looked at her. “Are you alright?”
 
She smiled. “I'm fine…” She showed him the ball of light. “Pretty cool, huh?”
 
Naruto hadn't been there when Temari had been given her gift nor had he been level headed enough to see the Kyuubi become its ball of light, thus this had technically been his first time glancing at a purified beast. This light was blue in color, with a sense of coldness about it. The symbol of Mercury floated within it, signifying the power it held.
 
His senses sharp, the moon prince could sense the movement of the Akatsuki member. Thinking fast, he grabbed the purified power just as the evil man appeared before him and Sakura.
 
“Thanks princy, I'll just take that.” The member grinned.
 
Naruto grinned back.
 
“Go to hell.” Then tossed the ball towards Sai. “Catch you emo-jerk!”
 
Raising an eyebrow at Naruto's statement, Sai caught it perfectly, the light instantly entering his form the moment his skin touched it. The feeling immense, his breath caught in his throat as he fell over on his hands and knees trying to calm his beating heart.
 
“Dang it all!” The Akatsuki member swore, his back to the moon clan. “Why'd ya do that, princy?” When he turned back around, he was met with a fiery arrow between his eyes and the glaring sharingon eyes of Sasuke Uchiha.
 
“Too close.” The last Uchiha warned with a deadly tint to his voice. “Back up.”
 
Holding his hands up in defeat, the Akatsuki member slowly backed away.
 
“Sorry, geez you're sure protective of them.”
 
Naruto growled, his cousin behind him looking on in wonder. “Make him eat it, teme!”
 
“Geez, I said I was sorry for causing you all that pain while taking out the Kyuubi.” The member chuckled nervously. “Can't we all just get along?”
 
He was suddenly surrounded by a torrent of water, where no air was given for him to breathe.
 
“You caused pain…Caused one of them pain?”
 
Sai was there on the other side of the torrent, staring emotionlessly at the member with his ice blue eyes. He watched the man struggle within the torrent, his eyes not showing a slither of emotion.
 
“Then you will die.”
 
When the torrent vanished and the Akatsuki member's lifeless body fell to the ground, Sai returned to his original state but only one thing remained...It was the very thing that made Sakura's cheeks blush.
 
Those beautiful ice blue eyes…remained.
 
Again, Sai frowned at everyone's stares. “What is wrong?”
 
“Dude your eyes…” Naruto said in a state of shock. “That's cool!”
 
“Seems that something changes when you receive a beast…” Kakashi hummed in thought. “Looks like your change is similar to Sasuke's…”
 
“I see…” Sai replied. “That would explain why I feel…different…”
 
Kakashi raised an eyebrow. “How so?”
 
Sai looked at his hands. “I feel cold…very cold. I wonder if Ami-san feels this way constantly…”
 
“Either way that's so cool!” Naruto shouted. “Alright that makes what? Three? Awesome! Four more to go!”
 
Ino's shout made the boys jump.
 
“If you are done, Serenity just collapsed!”
 
That got the boys rushing over to Sakura and Ino. Ino helped Sakura to a sitting position. When she touched the girl's skin she jumped back.
 
“Baka! You've got a fever!” Ino scolded her.
 
“Serenity-chan!” Naruto knelt next to his cousin, felt her forehead, frowned. “She's right…”
 
Sasuke sighed, shook his head. “That's what you get for straining your body and mind too much.”
 
“Shut up!” Sakura glared at him. “And I'm fine already!”
 
“No you are not.” Sai gave her a genuine look of concern. “Please, Sakura-chan…”
 
The crystal queen sighed, slumped her shoulders.
 
“Fine…I feel like crap, happy?”
 
Sai smiled, genuinely this time.
 
“Very.”
 
 
 
Next Time: A Prince's Lament