Naruto Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Clan of the Moon ❯ A Prince's Lament ( Chapter 52 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Alright, here's the next chapter! Only a few more to go! Hope you like it!
 
Dislcaimer: I do not own the Naruto or Sailor Moon series but all original characters belong to ME!!!
 
 
A Prince's Lament
 
They had all decided to rest in a hotel for the night, or at least until Sakura got over her fever. Ino would continue to scold her, saying it was her fault for not taking care of herself. Sakura would ignore her, and simply lay there without saying a word.
 
Of course it was her fault! She needed to stop beating herself up about all that's happened. She had to remember that she was still human…and humans needed rest.
 
“Ne, Serenity-chan?” Naruto came into the room nearly every other hour to check up on her. Sakura had to smile at his behavior. He was so worried about her.
 
“I'm fine since the last time you came in, Naruto.” Still though, it was pretty annoying to be checked up on by your cousin so much.
 
Naruto scratched his head, laughed.
 
“Give me a break will you?” He sat down in a chair. “Ne, Serenity-chan…I forgot to ask but…What's it feel like?”
 
Knowing what he meant, Sakura placed a hand upon her heart.
 
“Like…there's a light inside…” She replied. “Almost like the star seed but…brighter and…well…lighter…” She smiled. “It says things…not verbally but…through its glow…” She shrugged. “That's the best I can describe it.” She looked at him. “Why ask?”
 
“Just curious I guess.” He stood. “Get some sleep will you? Please?”
 
She sighed. “Oh alright, fine…”
 
He waited until his cousin was fully asleep to leave. Silently closing her door behind him, he went to his own room.
 
The thought of himself getting a crystal was a bit unnerving to Naruto. Sure he had seen the things Sakura could do with hers, but what about this Golden Crystal? His okaesan never told him anything about a golden crystal. Was it not important? These thoughts drifted in his mind as he crashed onto his bed and fell asleep, thinking maybe his great-grandfather could help him.
 
“You wish to know about the Golden Crystal?” Naruto's eyes shot open. He found himself once again in the land of dreams, Helios-his great grandfather-staring at him kindly.
 
Sensing Naruto's confusion, Helios added, “Anytime you think of me or Small Lady, you are taken here.”
 
Nodding Naruto replied, “Okay…then yea…What's this golden crystal thing?”
 
Helios held out a hand, helped the boy up.
 
“Walk with me, Naruto.”
 
The two walked down a path, birds chirping above them in willow trees on either side of the path.
 
“The golden crystal once belonged to King Enydmion…your great-great grandfather.” Helios explained. “It is the crystal of the Earth. Sort of like the Sliver crystal being that of the moon.” They continued their way, Helios talking, Naruto listening. “The golden crystal contains all the past kings of the earth…including your great-great grandfather.” He chuckled. “The Neo-King was quite protective of his queen…It is no doubt that your protectiveness over Sakura came from him. Those of the earth due tend to protect those of the moon, almost as fiercely as the stars themselves.”
 
“So…when I get this crystal…”
 
“You will fully become that which you are to be…” Helios replied. “In short, this is your test, Naruto…You must overcome your doubts…”
 
A blue eyed glare. “I don't have any doubts!”
 
Helios smiled. “Everyone has doubts, Naruto…Yours stem from past deeds…Don't they?” He saw confusion in the boy's face. “You cannot hide anything from me, Naruto. I am the priest of dreams. All your thoughts and feelings I see.” Helios frowned. “You still feel melancholy over what had befallen your homelands…”
 
He had been cornered. Of course Naruto felt bad after what happened. Konoha had been blown away by the very beast HE was supposed to control! How could one not feel bad about that!?
 
Thoughts of regret, thoughts of it all being his fault…these things and more developed through the young prince's mind even as the fateful fall of Konoha happened around him. Had it really been his fault that he wasn't strong enough to withstand the Akatsuki as they ripped the horrible beast from him?
 
“Hotaru said that it wasn't my fault,” Naruto began as his shoulders slumped over, his guise completely gone,“but how can it not be? I mean, I carried the stupid thing all my life…I was supposed to be the hero…”
 
“And you will be…” Came Helios' reply. “But, you must first get past the hurdle that is in front of you.” He smiled at his descendant. “Besides, you should have faith. They will return.”
 
“Only if we find the crystal in time…” Naruto kicked the grass beneath his feet. “I'm starting to agree with Sakura-chan…it looks hopeless.”
 
Helios abruptly stopped, much to Naruto's already confused and depressed mind. The who knows how old man stared at Naruto with the strangest expression anyone had ever gave the blonde boy before. It was a mixture of emotions that seemed to cross the dream priest's mind for they were clearly written upon his face, all of them not good. Shock, panic, fear, all of these were bundled together upon the man's face.
 
“Naruto…” The Elysion priest spoke carefully, his words pricking every inch of Naruto's skin. The man's voice sounded almost desperate “Never…Never… Say that again.”
 
Naruto frowned. “Why not?”
 
The man knelt, stared straight at him.
 
“Because when your family looses all hope, then the world will lose it as well.” Helios sighed. “You and Sakura have no idea just as very special you two really are. You must understand this Naruto…thoughts of hopelessness and despair…erase them from you mind completely. They are the very thoughts of a mind tainted with darkness; a mind that will one day lose all hope of ever returning to the light again, for those very thoughts will lead to fear and anger…and eventually…to suffering. Just as one you know has already done.”
 
Time stopped for Naruto as the pieces began to fit one by one.
 
Sasuke, Helios was describing Sasuke. And if Naruto didn't stop thinking everything was his fault…he would become like him. Cold, ruthless, and a bastard that was willing to step on anyone to get his way.
 
Blue eyes hardened. There was no way in hell Naruto would ever become like that. Though Sasuke had become a part of their team again, there was no telling what he would do once his new mission was complete. That was the way of darkness, ever changing, not once stopping. Not once thinking of those whom you are trampling on as you head towards a destination.
 
“We're going to find that stupid thing…” Naruto raised a fist in the air. “Even if it kills me in the process. Konoha is getting restored, believe it!”
 
Helios returned to his smiling self. “That is the attitude you will need in the events to come.” He looked toward the horizon. “Keep that spirited attitude…even until the last second…”
 
Naruto stared at his great-grandfather curiously.
 
“Until the last second of what, ojiisan?”
 
A strange smile, one hinting on sadness.
 
“You will understand…once you have the Terra Crystal.” He touched the top of the boy's head. “Now, awaken…and remember my words…child of the moon…remember them greatly.”
 
The sun warmed his face as he opened his eyes once more, this time finding himself in his hotel room. The blonde prince dressed and quickly went to his cousin's room. There, standing at the door was none other than Sasuke, leaning against such door casually, his eyes focused on the wall in front of him.
 
“Ino just went in there…” Not once did his eyes stray from their piercing gaze at the opposite wall but he acknowledged Naruto. “They'll be out in a second.”
 
Remembering Helios' words, Naruto pondered on the black haired teen standing before him.
 
“Ne, Sasuke…” He didn't call him teme this time. “Do you have any regrets?”
 
Red eyes closed.
 
“One.”
 
A blonde eyebrow raised. “Care to tell what it is?”
 
“No.”
 
Naruto smirked, knowing the answer instantly. Sure Sasuke regretted one thing…That he ran away from his new family.
 
“This is quite…strange to see you two together and not ripping each other's head off…” Kakashi came forward with his ever present book in his hand, reading while walking and talking. “In fact, I haven't seen you two once yell at each other…Strange how time changes people ne?”
 
Naruto grinned. “Well it sure didn't change you, Kakashi-sensei!”
 
Kakashi smiled under his mask as a knock on the door cause Sasuke to move aside.
 
And Sai came out.
 
Now all had a raised eyebrow at seeing the now blue eyed assassin step out of Sakura's room.
 
A protective streak screamed in Naruto's mind. Frowning, he said,“Mind telling me what the hell you were doing in my cousin's room?” He eyed the teen's clothes. “All night?”
 
Sai did not show any physical response but did reply, “Serenity asked me to stay to help her heal.”
 
Ino popped her head out. “Give him a break! If it weren't for his ice healing we'd be here for two days!” She pushed Sai out the door fully. “Not get will you? I still got a girl to get ready!” The door slammed in the men's faces.
 
“Ice healing?” Naruto's words spoke volumes.
 
Sai nodded. “It is a trick I have seen Ami-san do…” He looked at his hands. “Apparently, I can heal using ice.”
 
Sasuke shrugged his shoulders. “Expected it…Ami used to heal me after training. Seems only natural her descendant could do the same.”
 
It took all but fifteen minutes before the girls exited the room. As the group made its way out of the hotel to their next destination, Naruto stopped them.
 
“Before we get going…” He said. “Serenity-chan…please don't do that again.”
 
The pinkette frowned. “Naruto I—“
 
“No. I'm putting my foot down.” It was weird hearing that authoritative tone from Naruto of all people but it came out and there was more. “You're going to rest, eat, and train only for a certain amount of time a day.”
 
Said crystal queen's eyes widened then glared. “What? You can't be serious!”
 
“Sakura…” He used her old name to prove a point. “We don't need another scare like that again. If you are going to act like this then I have no choice but to take action. You can throw me in the lake as many times as you want but when I say stop, you're going to stop.”
 
Sakura sighed. “Oh alright already…geez its like talking to my mother.” She smiled. “It shouldn't be too far anyway…”
 
“Good…the sooner we get the Terra crystal the better.” Naruto's eyes hardened. “I want Konoha restored.”
 
Green eyes hardened as well. “So do I.”
 
And they weren't taking no for an answer.
 
 
Next Time: Rebirth