Naruto Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Demon Flux ❯ I like blue....uh, hair?! ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N:

I have been posting *fairly* regularly, and I am almost caught up with the number of chapters I have written. So, I may start posting less frequently. I have received little feedback on whether anyone really *likes* this crossover or not. I am almost afraid that everyone is waiting for the `Leaf Village' segment, and that is what I had more trouble writing. Perhaps I will start getting reviews then? If people are still hanging on by then. I hope so. Perhaps the Naruto fans out there will start bashing my writing then. *shudder*

Oh, well. My test audience still loves it. It's hard to keep posting with *only* one loyal reviewer.(BTW, Thank You Naruske!) But, I will persevere. Naruske did threaten that I will *die*, if I don't but, I just have to wonder if that's a good thing to be motivated with…..

Disclaimer: These things are so *belch*, WHOA! ^_^ Nah, I don't own either Yu Yu or Naruto. I just really love the stuff and decided to write this little story. No profit. Nada. Just plain fun. Oh, and sometimes the joys that come with having a party with Yusuke!! Come on o'here ya big lug!!! MWHAHAHA!!

O N W A R D !!!

Chapter 6 - A Yu Yu U -Turn ^_^

"There are four of us, Kurama, Hiei, me and Kuwabara."

"Kuwabara and I are decidedly human." Yusuke said as he placed the toast in front of Naruto.

"But, you won't get to meet Kuwabara, the day you came he was leaving on a family vacation, I had just seen him off."

He sat down across from Naruto and looked him at him straight. "I am sorry I neglected to tell you that Kurama AND Hiei are both demons." Then he scratched his head and grimaced. "Frankly, I had hoped that it wouldn't come up." "But, that was pretty stupid and naive of me."

Naruto gave a half smirk and Yusuke broke into a large grin.

"Demons they may be, but for some reason they are hanging around me, so they can't be all bad!"

Yusuke then grew thoughtful. "I trust those guys with my life, Naruto, and even though I know seeing Kurama's fox demon form was shocking, and perhaps seeing those demons last night opened up a lot of scary possibilities for you, I don't think you'll have to face that kind of stuff anymore, okay?

Naruto nodded.

"You can also trust Hiei and Kurama not to hurt you; Yusuke broke off as they heard someone knocking on the door. He stood up to answer it saying, "Must be them now, back from spirit world."

Instead Yusuke was greeted with a very vibrant "HELLO!", and a cheerful looking, blue, haired, young woman pushed her way into the room. "It's good to see you up and moving Yusuke!"

"Morning to you too, Botan" yawned Yusuke as he shut the door.

"The guys will be here soon" Botan continued coming to a stop in front of Naruto and flashing a bright smile "Well, Hello! You must be Naruto! Nice to finally meet you, I have been hearing all about you! I am Botan; I am uh, ah…"

Naruto blinked.

His only thought was, `Blue hair!'

Botan blinked, thinking, `He's just a kid!'

Yusuke threw himself into his chair, seemingly unaware of the awkward silence between the two.

"Botan comes from spirit world, Naruto, she keeps track of things for us, and brings us information we might need, and she helps us out a lot."

Botan looked confused for a second and then decided to leave it at that. `I guess he's right, who really wants to have to go into a detailed account of exactly what I do and who I work for?' She pondered all her various duties, everything she had been involved with since becoming assistant to the spirit detective, and nodded to herself vigorously, the less said, the better.

She sighed and sat down - and after a few tense moments proceeded to inform Yusuke about what had happened after he left.

"You really gave Kurama and Hiei a shock last night" she frowned "but never mind, they both gave their report, and needless to say Koenma was very unhappy to hear these demons came to the human world undetected." She raised her hands into a shrug. "As if we didn't already have enough going on in both the spirit and human world, but, he is very glad it was cleared up quickly and you can move on to getting Naruto home."

Yusuke snapped to attention. "So Koenma found a way?"

Botan nodded and grew serious. "Yes, Koenma has already informed Kurama and Hiei of the plans, even now they are looking for the portal."

Yusuke raised an eyebrow. "They are looking for it?"

Botan nodded.

"Yes, Kurama should be able to sense it; we found out that it definitely was a fox demon"

, Botan looked meaningfully at Naruto,

"that must have found it and forced it open in the first place."

"Forced it open?" Yusuke echoed.

"Yes." Botan then suddenly snapped her fingers and said "That's right!! Where'd I put that?" She began to search the folds of her clothing, taking so much time, that Yusuke and Naruto managed to exchange a quizzical glance and shoulder shrugs. "Here it is!!" she announced triumphantly and held out a translucent triangular object. Yusuke stared at it and then glanced up at her over-exuberant face. "So? What is it?"

She blinked.

"What is it?"

"Yeah" Yusuke motioned to the object, like it was the last thing he had ever expected to see in his life. (And it probably was =) LOL!)

"Oh!" Botan paused and then almost glared. "It's a key, a portal key."

This completely confounded Yusuke and he became even more frustrated and annoyed. "So what does one do with a portal key!?" "Do you mean to say the portal has to be locked and opened like a door!?"

Botan grinned, "BINGO!" "This key has been among the many artifacts in Koenma's vault." "Naturally it was assumed to be almost useless, because portals were hardly ever used, much less obvious enough to find." She frowned. "But, to have this portal appear and to have no one be aware of it at all, means it was opened quite some time ago and the door left open, to receive someone or something back into this realm, because it pulls from the other side, from Naruto's world."

"So you are saying, whoever opened the portal, was powerful enough to do it, without the key." Yusuke started.

Botan nodded and continued his train of thought, "But, because they did not have the key - they couldn't close it properly from the other side."

Yusuke's eyes widened. "So it has been open this entire time, what if others, what if this has happened before, and no one noticed?"

Botan shook her head at this, "Koenma thinks that it is highly unlikely that the portal was active the entire time - it responds to chaos, essentially it balances out forces of power within realms whenever it is opened." She looked at Naruto. "Koenma thinks that it responds to the power of the demon fox, because that was how it was first opened, and it will only activate again because of that power, it considers that power to be more or less an abnormality, a substitute for the real "key".

"I see." Yusuke nodded "So you are saying that the power of that demon will make the portal open, because it did not belong in the first place, and that the portal remained dormant, waiting to recognize that power and return it. If the key had been used, it wouldn't have mattered because the balance would have been established by the key, and locked into place."

"Exactly!" Botan cheered, but she soon grew thoughtful

"Of course, now we are hoping that something similar to this power will also work, or a power similar in strength to it, to at least call it forth, hence Kurama's `ki', and from there you should be able to rely on the key."

"So Yusuke said, Say we call it up, how exactly do we go about sending Naruto back through it?"

"Ah! From there it gets more complicated Yusuke. Botan sighed and rested her head on her hand., Not only do we need enough power to find the portal and the key to help travel with or counter to the flux, but Koenma wants the portal focused on this realm -locked, and the key back in his vault. In order to do that, it'll be necessary for someone with enough power to return back to our world through the portal and draw it here, to lock it, even after Naruto has gone home."

"So we can't just send Naruto back through alone, even though that's all we thought we had to do." Yusuke mused.

"Right." She nodded.

"So the obvious choice is just to send Kurama with him." Yusuke deduced.

"Perhaps." Botan frowned again. "Koenma wants to be sure though, and he doesn't want Kurama to go alone, if he got stranded, it would be just a bigger mess."

"Yeah, I can imagine." Yusuke stopped before continuing his train of thought about `two fox demons' because Naruto was looking worried, no doubt having the same thought as Yusuke, and he probably was worried about being alone with Kurama, so he redirected his thought and instead asked Botan. "So what is Koenma's plan?"

"All three of you will go with Naruto."

"Even Hiei?!"

"Especially, Hiei, I'm afraid." Botan looked pensive. "Although you have a good deal of "ki" in your own right, taking Hiei along will balance it out. But, not having you go means, well-"

Yusuke caught on.

"Koenma doesn't like the idea of those two, especially since they are demons, and unescorted, running amok in another realm."

"Well, yes, since you put it that way, Yusuke, that's pretty much it."

Yusuke grimaced and looked at the very confused Naruto, "I knew it, and all I am going to be on this mission is a glorified baby-sitter!!"

Botan stood and walked to the door. "Oh, come on Yusuke! Think of the fun you'll have traveling to another realm!" "Naruto would be happy to show you around I am sure!"

She turned around and smiled as she opened the door "That's right!" Her finger pointed into the air to accentuate a point she forgot, "Koenma said that there isn't a time limit or a rush - so you can hang around a bit with Naruto in his home world, opportunities like this don't come very often, Yusuke!" Her voice faded and the door shut behind her, and Yusuke grinned at Naruto "I forgot about that, I did want to meet your friends and see your home." Naruto nodded back, but he soon frowned.

Yusuke crossed his arms and looked at him for a moment.

Finally he said it. "So what's the problem, Naruto?"

Naruto looked up startled but he took his time and said the words slowly.

"Yusuke do you think I really belong there?"

Yusuke looked shocked, and then he smiled. "Yeah, I think, I think I know what you are really asking"

He leaned forward and placed his arms on the table, as he rested his chin on them he smiled. "You were born into the village,the demon fox had been attacking the village long before you were around, so I'd say you aren't to blame at all, in no way are you responsible for your past being what it was, and you belong, just as much as anyone else."

"I'll tell you something else" Yusuke said thoughtfully, closing his eyes to think how exactly to phrase his next words. "I almost died, Naruto, I didn't realize until then how many people actually cared for me, how I affected everyone, and that they were a part of me, my life, I didn't realize, until I almost lost everything." Yusuke opened his eyes again. "My friends and family are the most important things to me, they are so important to me that I am willing to sacrifice everything for their safety, and you are important to me too, or I wouldn't be trying my hardest to get you back home."

They both looked at each other and grinned.

Yusuke continued "I am sure that you'll find more people care about you and miss you, more than you realize." Yusuke stretched. "So let's not disappoint them, we are working hard on getting you back so you can keep from worrying them, eh?"

Naruto nodded.

Yusuke gave a nod back and stood to clear the dishes, Naruto soon helped out, and they found games to play and things to discuss while they waited for the guys to return.

Kurama and Hiei came back soon after Botan's departure, they had discovered the entrance to the portal in an alley way off from a huge market, and it was decided that they would be better off going under the cover of night.

They waited until it became dark and the market had been closed for at least an hour, then they left the apartment and walked slowly down the street.

A/N: Like I said we are soon moving to the `Leaf Village' segment within the next two chapters or so. This side of the story is tougher for me to write, so you will have to bear with me. I honestly feel more `in-tune' with YYH than Naruto. I want to finish it, no matter how bad it may get, (and even if only Naruske gives me reviews) *pout* I don't want to just give it up or leave it sitting around unfinished. Dare I delete it altogether? I tried to catch all my mistakes, if I missed one, so sorry!! My beta-reader didn't jump on board this project until chapter 9 or so, so I am self-beta-ing! ^_^