Naruto Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Demon Flux ❯ Every black void has a silver lining ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: After the reviews, the email, and talking with my beta, I felt I'd better include the following with each chapter. It should answer most questions. Thanks!!!

Demon Flux
By Starshifter

Rating: G, PG (Actually I have no clue, you tell me. It can vary with each chapter?)

Warnings: Slight Angst, violence (I try to keep actual bloody gore and killings to a minimum)

Pairings: None (barely even hints), Not yaoi or yuri.

Spoilers: I am not sure. It depends on where you are in my timelines ^_^. If you have seen the episodes or read the manga past them, virtually none.

Timelines:

For Yu Yu Hakusho: It has varied. Now I want say before the Dark Tournament, although it was originally intended for afterwards. Definitely after Yusuke's fight with the Saint Beasts.

For Naruto: This timeline is more concrete. Between Wave Country and the Chuunin exam.


Summary: Naruto is pulled into Yusuke's world. The YYH gang and Naruto return to Leaf Village and continue their adventures together.

Disclaimer: No, I don't own the rights, characters, anime, manga, etc. But I fulfilled my goal and bought all four of the Yu Yu figures. I am in heaven!! *nods happily*


Feedback: Yes please!


Thanks to: My beta Phirephoenix, my best friend "The Editor", anyone who gave me reviews. Especially Naruske. I appreciate everyone who left me feedback after I begged and pleaded. You are a tough crowd to please, and I am glad I finally asked. Now I am properly humbled. ^_^

Notes:

When we were last with our guys, they were walking together, at night, to ummmm - fight with a big black void. ^_^. Uh. Yeah. Hey, sometimes even I get a little distracted by the fun I am having, to overlook inconsistencies in the story plot, DEAL WITH IT!! Make Yusuke proud, he's a master at making it up as he goes, ^_^

Chapter 7

ONWARD!!!!

They approached the alleyway, Kurama in the lead and stopped short of the entrance.

"Should we hold hands or something?" asked Yusuke half grinning.

Hiei glared but Kurama nodded thoughtfully, "Even if it's not necessary, we should at least start out with good intentions."

"I don't even know how this thing is supposed to work." Yusuke grumbled.

He then looked seriously at both Hiei and Kurama, "No mention that you are demons, and no obvious use of spirit power, eh?"

Yusuke coughed when he caught the look in Hiei's eyes.

"I mean, Naruto has said that Ninja's use some form of body and spirit power," he looked questioningly at Naruto "Catra, right?" Naruto nodded.

(You know where this is from, right? ^_^ )

"But, let's leave our skills well hidden, avoid unnecessary fear and general *running in terror* from these weird guys with Naruto, eh?" Yusuke emphasized.

Kurama gave an affirmative nod and Hiei uttered something similar to "Hn".

That reminded Yusuke of something else and he looked pointedly in Hiei's direction,

"Under no circumstances, will you kill anyone, k?"

Yusuke may have been smiling, he was trying his hardest to remain serious, but it was hard not to miss that he regarded the request as something he would only say under more extreme conditions. Here, he was just bringing home a point that was better left unsaid, because Hiei could be trusted to use his own judgment not to cross that line. Yusuke had to say it though; it was all he could do.

Yusuke then exhaled out and nodded to the dark alley, he took Naruto's hand and then Kurama's.

"Let's do it!" he announced with some gusto.

Hiei was about to reluctantly take Kurama's hand when Yusuke uttered "Wait." and dug into his pocket, pulling out the key.

He gave it to Kurama and jerked his head at Hiei, "Take Naruto's other hand". Hiei only hesitated a second before appearing next to Naruto.

They moved in, watching the trickle of black grow as they neared, weaving in and out of the very fabric of the air, until at last, all light disappeared, and the very air ripped open. The black void, familiar only to Naruto, swallowed them instantly.

Naruto found that the second trip was over before it had begun, he had closed his eyes, but did not remember doing it, but when he did open them, he found himself standing in a forest that was dark and slightly humid. The breeze whipped his face and he was simultaneously aware of the presence of Yusuke and Hiei beside him. He let go the breath that he did not know he was holding, and smiled.

'Home' He grinned wider.

Yusuke was the first to talk.

"Hummmm a dark forest, somewhat foreboding, a great sign." he trailed off as Kurama stepped forward and looked around him. "Which way, Yusuke?" he asked.

Yusuke shook his head and looked at Naruto. "Any ideas?"

In the end, Naruto could not admit to knowing which direction to go, so he was directed to go up a tree. Tree walking was too great a diversion however, and the memories of Wave Country and training flooded back, he managed to forget the reason why he was climbing up the tree by the time he had reached the top. He admired the view from his position, observing the majesty of Konoha's monument, the great faces were so close, and he could almost touch them.

He felt a presence near him, and looked to his left quickly, his eyes so misty and blinded by the light, that for one second, he mistook Hiei for Sasuke. Feelings, thoughts and memories, flooded his very being.

`Sasuke protected me in Wave Country. He didn't have to. I didn't ask him to. We are rivals. I am not weak! I will not lose to him! So why?! Why do I sometimes, what was it that I felt then? Was I wrong?! I did not feel hate towards Haku, and yet he was my enemy! - I was supposed to kill him?! Am I really weaker than Sasuke?!'

Naruto blinked to see that it was actually Hiei standing on the branch of a tree next to him, regarding him silently.

Hiei broke eye contact and turned to leave, but he stopped.

Naruto blinked as Hiei turned his head and gave a smirk.

"You'll figure it out in time , you humans are slow, you always figure yourselves out at the last possible moment and it's all so pointless to begin with, I am glad I don't waste my time on such trivial matters as feelings and emotions, fortunately for me it's a weakness only you humans possess." Hiei faced forward again and said after a pause, "Come, now that we know the direction, it's time to leave."

Naruto started to utter "yeah", when he realized Hiei was already gone.

He took a final look around him and proceeded to follow Hiei, jumping from limb to limb until he was safely on the ground.

He made his way through the brush, to join Yusuke and the others in the small clearing.

However, as he approached, Hiei went still and ordered him to stop, giving him a small glimpse of the white in the corner of his eye. Naruto could almost see his face reflected in those oddly shaped eyes, and he stood transfixed, until he heard the familiar sound of kunai slicing through the air.

All of them effectively dodged the sharp weapons, Naruto jumped aside and ducked behind a large tree root, watching as the others moved swiftly to avoid the projectiles. Hiei and Kurama effectively staved them off with sword and rose whip respectively, until Hiei disappeared. Naruto could only guess that he was responsible for the resounding "thwap" that issued from his right a few seconds later. After that, the forest was still and quiet again.

Kurama and Yusuke had separated during the kunai attack, and it proved to be the perfect opening for the next assault from the Ninjas.

Kurama was shocked to find the Ninja upon him so quickly, the blow to his stomach sending him hurtling back several feet. He barely registered the Ninja standing over him ready to land another blow, but shook it off as he kicked the ninja's feet out from under him, and threw himself backwards into a kneeling position. It was at that moment, to his horror, that the key fell to the ground. Kurama attempted to dash to get it, but apparently his opponent had the same idea, and he grabbed it, as he made his escape into the forest, knocking Kurama to the ground again in the process.

In the midst of Kurama's fight, Yusuke also had his hands full. He had heard the approaching Nin in time, and was able to prepare, he pulled what looked like a stick from his pocket and took a defensive stance. The Nin was rushing quickly, but at the last possible moment, Yusuke sidestepped his attack and hit him directly in the arm and behind the legs with the stick, effectively bringing him to his knees, knocking him senseless after with one blow to the head.

Naruto heard the faint rustling of brush, as the Nin that had attacked Kurama left the area.

Hiei soon appeared, a self-satisfied smirk barely visible, "I didn't kill him, Yusuke." he said sparing a slight glance to the form of a Nin, crumpled up on the forest floor.

Yusuke nodded and looked out the corner of his eye, "Anymore? Where is the guy who attacked Kurama?"

Silence fell, and Kurama stood and lowered his head, "He has left Yusuke, he took the key."

Yusuke turned to him incredulous.

Hiei even seemed speechless.

"Yusuke, I am going after him now."

With that, Kurama ran after the Nin, his form swallowed by darkness.

Yusuke looked after him and said "Are you going to let him go alone?"

There was silence, and then came the reply he was expecting, "No."

Yusuke did not turn around; he knew Hiei was already gone.

"Well" he said, "Come on Naruto, you've got to help me with these two Nins, we have to take them with us and follow Hiei and Kurama, retrieving that key comes first."

Yusuke looked at them and sighed, "Looks like I'll have to carry them both."

Naruto looked thoughtfully at the Ninja closest to them before breaking into a large grin. He took his stance, and Yusuke could only look on, as the boy cried out, "Kage Bunshin No Jutsu"

Fascinated and speechless, Yusuke watched as two Naruto replicas materialized and helped Naruto hoist the Ninja into the air and carry him over their heads.

He shook his head and grinned, "You will never cease to amaze me, well then, I guess I better do my share of the work, eh?"

The three chorused "Yeah!!" and Yusuke lifted the other Ninja over his shoulder.

He thought to himself as they headed off. `And here I was thinking that one Naruto is plenty!'

They moved into the forest after Hiei and Kurama.

As luck would have it, the Ninja headed towards Konoha Village.

Kurama headed there too, but as he attempted to enter the village, he neglected to notice the Leaf Ninjas starting to surround him.

Replies to feedback:

Snowy Yuki:

Yes. Plenty of chapters should be forthcoming. I will try my best to inject humor. :)

Okasa-7:

I agree with you. This is my first fiction with these characters, so my portrayal is not up to snuff. Sorry about that.