Naruto Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Demon Flux ❯ The Meeting! ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N:

It seems I underestimated the people e-mailing for my archives. I will relent and post here at my leisure. Those who e-mailed simply have the benefit of getting ahead a chapter or two by going to my archives.

Demon Flux
By Starshifter

Rating: G, PG (Actually I have no clue, you tell me. It can vary with each chapter?)

Warnings: Slight Angst, violence (I try to keep actual bloody gore and killings to a minimum)

Pairings: None (barely even hints), Not yaoi or yuri.

Spoilers: I am not sure. It depends on where you are in my timelines ^_^. If you have seen the episodes or read the manga past them, virtually none.

Timelines:

For Yu Yu Hakusho: It has varied. Now I want to say before the Dark Tournament, although it was originally intended for afterwards. Definitely after Yusuke's fight with the Saint Beasts.

For Naruto: This timeline is more concrete. Between Wave Country and the Chuunin exam.


Summary: Naruto is pulled into Yusuke's world. The YYH gang and Naruto return to Leaf Village and continue their adventures together.

Disclaimer: No, I don't own the rights, characters, anime, manga, etc. But I fulfilled my goal and bought all four of the Yu Yu figures. I am in heaven!! *nods happily*


Feedback: Yes, please!

ONWARD!!!

***************

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto or Yusuke, if I did - I wouldn't have to write this right? Twisted logic I know. ^_^

******************

Demon Flux - Chapter 8

"Who are you, and what do you want with the Leaf?"

Kurama did not reply.

A tall Ninja on his right glared at him, and then turned to another beside him saying "Bring Lord Hokage." The Nin nodded and left in a puff of wind.

Kakashi, Iruka, Sakura and Sasuke were walking to Ichiraku Noodle Bar for a late snack when they overheard that someone had dared to enter the village at without any form of identification. Kakashi was mildly interested, so the other three were forced to accompany him towards the gates.

When they approached, they found a young man surrounded by Leaf Ninjas - he was beautiful, with flowing red hair and piercing green eyes. It was only one of a few times Kakashi had seen Sakura speechless, except when she was entertaining thoughts about Sasuke. He watched intently, because it wasn't a coincidence that the Ninja's were paying so much attention to this boy, he exuded a strange and powerful aura.

Kurama meanwhile cursed his stupidity, all the while struggling to maintain a calm demeanor. Elsewhere, someone else was cursing his penchant for getting into trouble.

An older man in a flowing robe started to approach with another Ninja, he was large, stony faced, and wearing a black bandana. He had several scars on his face. Kurama frowned; things might just get worse before they got better.

They came within few feet of Kurama, and then there was a tense silence.

"What village are you from?" "Was your mission to harm the Hokage of the Leaf?"

Kurama's eyes flashed, "I am not here to harm anyone. My companions and I are on an escort mission, we were attacked and I followed the culprit into this village."

"A likely story" was the reply.

A Ninja cried out from the gate, "Lord Hokage, another stranger is coming, and Naruto is with him, they are carrying two people!"

"Naruto?" They all looked at Kurama

Kurama nodded, "Yes, he is our escort mission, is this his village?"

There was no reply, and Kurama presumed they did not believe him; he was ushered forward to the gate.

Groups of ninjas were beginning to form in the area; Lord Hokage spotted Kakashi, Sakura, Sasuke and Iruka off to the left.

Yusuke and Naruto entered through the gate, flanked on either side by the leaf ninjas.

Naruto released his Jutsu and the body he was carrying fell to the ground. Yusuke was on his guard, taking everything in around him, before depositing his burden.

Crowds now surrounded them on all sides, Yusuke felt torn; he was either going to be lynched or invited to put on a show. His turned his head slowly, taking in his situation, and his gaze finally came to rest upon Kurama. The tension and silence was thick, all eyes moved back and forth between Yusuke, Naruto and the Hokage.

When Iruka spotted Naruto, he could not hold back his gasp of surprise. Naruto spotted him and the group almost at the same time. He raised his arm to wave, yelling out, "Hey, Hey! Iruka Sensei!"

Sasuke watched as the boy standing next to Naruto, followed his gaze to the group. He then turned to Naruto. A short verbal exchange went on between them and Sasuke narrowed his eyes.

For his part, Yusuke was surprised that they had managed to arrive at a village so quickly. He was not disturbed by the crowds forming, and instead, looked around for any sign of Hiei. He realized he had been too absorbed in this when Naruto yelled to group of people a short distance away. He soon learned that these were Naruto's teammates and teachers and he looked at them, studying their features. He could not sense any hostility directed their way, and satisfied he turned his attention back to Kurama and his captors.

Kurama, Ibiki and the Hokage approached. Yusuke's face went serious, and waited for the older man to speak.

"I am the protector of Leaf Village, the Third Hokage"

Yusuke nodded and looked down at Naruto,

"I understand that this is his village. Our mission was to help him return home, he was lost. He is very lucky we found him when we did."

Hokage smiled, "Then we are very grateful to you for helping him return,

Hokage then looked at Kurama, "any friends of Naruto are welcome here."

Yusuke gave a curt nod in response. He looked pointedly at Kurama, who shook his head and lowered his eyes. Yusuke continued, "However, we were attacked in the forest and were in the midst of pursuing a culprit. He has taken an artifact that was in our keeping."

Suddenly everyone remembered the two bodies that Yusuke and Naruto had brought into the village. Ibiki came forward to inspect them.

Yusuke watched.

Ibiki looked up, "They are still alive but they are not from the Leaf."

Yusuke nodded at this and looked back at the Hokage.

"I am sorry that Kurama took you by surprise, but we have no choice but to begin our pursuit again immediately. Retrieving the artifact is our top priority, and I apologize if we are imposing on your hospitality."

The Hokage shook his head and smiled "It is no imposition."

"Arigatou." Yusuke bowed slightly and thought to himself. 'If anyone asks me later, I'll say I got caught up in the moment!' He righted, gestured to himself and stated. "I am Urameshi, Yusuke and…"

He gestured to Kurama and added another sweeping gesture towards where Iruka, Kakashi, Sakura and Sasuke were standing saying, "These are my teammates Kurama and Hiei."

Hiei made his appearance at his name, jumping down from his position among the shadows of two buildings. Everyone stared at the short dark haired young man - shocked that no one had detected him there.

"Yusuke" he stated, "He's here in the crowds."

Yusuke could sense the power of the Jagan fading behind the headband and nodded. However, Kurama took the initiative and stepped forward. All eyes turned to watch his move, and Yusuke also slowly redirected his gaze to meet the eyes of his red-haired companion.

"Yusuke. It is my responsibility."

"Whatever." said Yusuke. His voice held a slight hint of annoyance and his teeth were clenched. He was annoyed by the unnecessary exhibition of pride by the kitsune.

Typically, he would have been happy to concede to Kurama's request to perform a job on his own - but his own dissatisfaction with the fight earlier, and the desire to pound the Ninja to the ground, was wearing on his last nerve. Additionally, he could tell Hiei was enjoying all the tension immensely, and could retrieve the key at any time he desired, without as much as a whimper from the Ninja, or anyone noticing.

Yep, Yusuke was unhappy with the whole situation.

Kurama disregarded Yusuke's obvious displeasure, and continued on his trek into the crowd that had formed on the right.

People parted like the red sea in front of him as Kurama made his way to the back of the crowd. He stopped in front of a single man, who had not moved as Kurama approached, and everyone gasped. However, Kurama surprised everyone as he stood still, eyes shadowed by his red bangs. There was no movement from him, no sound. Suddenly, the thorn whip shot out to wrap around a masked ninja who had separated from the group and was heading further into the village. The whip wrapped around the man, bringing him to his knees!

Yusuke rushed forward in the midst of all the surprise, as did Naruto, and hissed into the ear of the ninja saying, "He will not hurt you, as long as you return the artifact."

The ninja did not reply and instead glared menacingly at Yusuke,

Yusuke glanced at Kurama, who further tightened the hold of the whip. The ninja's eyes registered shock, satisfying Yusuke.

"Kurama's whip is very special." Yusuke continued, "it obeys his will and command, at this moment you can be released with barely a scratch. I would not recommend resisting any further; the consequences would be far too deadly."

The ninja seemed to think for a moment, and as if seeming to realize for the first time that his position was obviously futile, hung his head.

Kurama released and retracted his whip with lightening speed. Yusuke held out his had to receive the key.

However, the interlude that formed between Yusuke holding out his hand and receiving the artifact was nothing compared to that of the Ninja standing afterward, and having every stitch of his clothing fall off his body and flutter to the ground like leaves.

The stunned silence was broken by Naruto and Yusuke, who blinked, and then howled with laughter as the very nude and exposed Shinobi, was hurried away by, Ibiki and some other ninjas.

Kurama was smirking as he walked over to join Hiei.

Sasuke and the rest were able to overhear their short conversation.

"That was distasteful; it contained no artistry, it was beneath you." Hiei hissed.

"Yes" Kurama closed his eyes and smiled. "But, I found it strangely satisfying."

******************