Naruto Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Demon Flux ❯ The YYH Gang Run Amok ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Demon Flux
By Starshifter

Rating: G, PG (Actually I have no clue, you tell me. It can vary with each chapter?)

Warnings: Slight Angst, violence (I try to keep actual bloody gore and killings to a minimum)

Pairings: None (barely even hints), Not yaoi or yuri.

Spoilers: I am not sure. It depends on where you are in my timelines ^_^. If you have seen the episodes or read the manga past them, virtually none.

Timelines:

For Yu Yu Hakusho: It has varied. Now I want to say before the Dark Tournament, although it was originally intended for afterwards. Definitely after Yusuke's fight with the Saint Beasts.

For Naruto: This timeline is more concrete. Between Wave Country and the Chuunin exam.


Summary: Naruto is pulled into Yusuke's world. The YYH gang and Naruto return to Leaf Village and continue their adventures together.


Feedback: Yes, please!

ONWARD!!!

***************

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto or the characters of Yu Yu Hakusho. I think somebody called and said I still didn't. Actually, Yusuke answered the phone and I can't read his note. I don't expect to make any money off this or anything. *checks pocketbook* Nope still empty.

******************

Personal Comments: I make no apologies for the lateness/posting frequency of this or any future chapters. I am swamped with work, school, and moving out of my house. Just have patience.

Onward!

Demon Flux: Chapter Nine

The crowds slowly dispersed after awhile, and Yusuke talked with the Hokage again. Everyone watched on while they spoke together, both looked serious and involved, but they parted on very friendly terms. Naruto and Yusuke soon were walking over to join Hiei, Kurama and the others.

"Well it's settled" Yusuke announced cheerfully.

"What is?" inquired Hiei suspiciously.

"We're free to stay as long as we like, and we can stay with Naruto."

"I see" said Kakashi, speaking for the first time. "However, Naruto's place isn't exactly hospitable."

"Yah," Yusuke agreed, scratching his head and looking down at Naruto, who was looking slightly embarrassed. "The Hokage kind of warned me about that, but we'll manage."

Yusuke then directed his attention to Kurama, "Kurama, can I have a word with you?"

Kurama gave a nod and they stepped away from the group.

Everyone's eyes followed their movements. Hiei reclined, apparently unconcerned, against a wall.

"What's this about Yusuke?"

"He KNOWS"

"You told him?"

"No, not at all, He said he has always been looking out for Naruto, he confirmed every word, about the kitsune inside of him."

"I see."

Yusuke resumed,

"He could tell that Naruto told us, but he doesn't think Naruto understands the full implications of it yet. The Hokage warned us not to hasten Naruto's conscious discovery of the demon, until Naruto is able to assert himself and learn to use the power the merging allows. "

Kurama nodded.

Yusuke frowned "What I don't understand , is that on some level he knows that he has been accused of being the fox demon , and yet he doesn't seemed to be too affected by it, he doesn't seem to even think about it, why do you think that is Kurama?"

Kurama mused for a bit. "Well, he's either really stupid, he doesn't believe it himself, and tries to deny it, or that is just how his personality has developed. I would hope Yusuke, that he has developed that way as a natural defense to the danger and turmoil he could face if he recognized the immense power of the kitsune. His personality could very well be the only stability he has, the belief that he is separate from the kitsune, even though he is the vessel. To destroy that, the faith he has in himself, as the Hokage warned us not to do, could endanger everyone."

Yusuke nodded. "The Hokage was very happy to see Naruto home, I think they are prepared to handle whatever comes their way, they seem to have faith in him, and the old man truly feels that Naruto belongs to this village."

Kurama smirked.

"So you'll feel comfortable about leaving him here when we have to leave."

Yusuke gave a grin back and tilted his head, "Did I say that?"

They both turned together and strode back to the group.

Naruto was talking to Iruka excitedly as they walked up, Kakashi, Sakura and Sasuke, were tiredly looking on. Yusuke watched a few minutes, amused, before he asked Naruto about getting some ramen.

Naruto's eyes grew big and before anyone knew what was happening, he was pulling Yusuke away and into the heart of the village.

Kurama sighed and began to follow. The rest of the group looked to see whether Hiei was going to follow too, but he was no longer against the wall, he had materialized next to Kurama.

"They are so weird." breathed Sakura

Kakashi just winked "Yes, but lets go join them."

When they arrived, Yusuke and Naruto were engaged in conversation and slurping ramen at the same time. Kurama and Hiei were simply observing off to the side.

Sakura and the group ate also and observed the others, Yusuke and Naruto were still talking excitedly, making occasional gestures and banging on the table, and it was quite a show.

Yusuke called Kurama over eventually, and soon he and Hiei were seated as well. Kurama even went so far as to order a bowl for himself. It was quiet for awhile, but Iruka's curiosity got the better of him.

"What village are you from?"

There was silence, and Yusuke seemed to choke on his ramen. He looked up and over at the two teachers. "We actually don't claim any village, we're traveling."

"But, you said you had a mission" Sakura pointed out, "that artifact."

"Yeah, we have a mission, but we do different kinds of work from what you do as ninja's."

"We are more specialized." added Kurama

"Yeah" Yusuke nodded, "the work we do is separate from where we live and work, however if our loved ones are in danger - we must protect them, however they don't know we perform these missions, they wouldn't understand it."

Kurama grinned warily "There's things you just can't tell them."

Yusuke rolled his eyes "If you ever got the chance to tell them that is."

Hiei went "humph" and got off his chair to walk outside.

"Yusuke, I think he wants to talk to you."

Yusuke looked up in surprise, a trickle of juice running down his chin.

"Really? That's what he's been moping about?"

Kurama nodded.

Sakura's eyes widened, "But he hasn't said a word!"

"That's Hiei for you, never one to waste words, and always two steps ahead." Yusuke grunted getting up from his chair.

"Kurama, if he so much as looks at my ramen, slap his hand!"

Kurama laughed and pushed his bowl towards Naruto, "Eat mine instead; Yusuke really will expect me to punish you for eating his ramen."

As soon as Yusuke left, Kurama was bombarded with questions.

Sasuke was the first.

"Nevertheless, you are fighters, you are a team?"

Kurama looked taken aback , and then he nodded "Yes, we work together on some missions , we are a team of sorts , although on this mission we are missing one , only we could come on this mission."

"We saw your skill with the whip, are the others as skilled as you?" Kakashi asked.

Kurama nodded.

"Yes, Yusuke and Hiei have their own special attacks."

"Do you think we'll be able to see them?"

Kurama shook his head. "I really doubt it; Yusuke is really sensitive on that issue. Also, Hiei's guards his abilities well, I'd advise against anything that might call on him to use his powers."

"Too dangerous?"

"Very deadly and uncontrollable."

"I see" said Kakashi

"Yusuke seems to get along with Naruto well." contributed Iruka

"They are two of a kind."

"How so?"

"Oh, many ways" Kurama smiled secretively I can even be said to have something in common with Naruto. But, Yusuke has a soft spot for underdogs and kids"

************

"What's up Hiei?"

Yusuke looked up at the demon who had taken a sitting position on one of the building overhangs.

The demon didn't respond, so Yusuke slid down the wall until he was sitting on the ground and closed his eyes. I think you should train with Naruto tomorrow"

"Hn"

"Well?"

"Perhaps I will."

"Okay, good."

"Yusuke, what purpose does that ridiculous fan serve?"

"What? You mean that little trip of yours didn't tell you?"

"…."

Yusuke sighed and pulled the fan from his pocket.

"Kuwabara talked me into taking a course on Samurai's, as if I didn't have enough to do. It's called a Tessen. We had to learn basic defense moves and everything; I thought it would come in handy, since it might not be prudent to use my spirit gun."

"You didn't learn much."

"It's only a basic hand to hand defense strategy, Hiei"

"Hn"

Yusuke stood up. "Actually, I was thinking about asking Naruto for some basic ninja tips, I am sure you would agree it wouldn't hurt."

",,,"

"Perhaps it wouldn't hurt you to learn any either." Yusuke looked up and smirked.

Hiei jumped down and walked ahead of Yusuke toward the noodle shop.

"I may do it, if only to keep you from getting cocky, you get too reckless when your ego expands."

"That's the spirit, Hiei" said Yusuke as he sauntered in behind him.

***

The next morning Kurama opened his eyes to bright sunlight streaming in from the window near his futon.

He wasn't surprised to see that both Hiei and Yusuke were gone with Naruto.

He prepared a small snack and got dressed.

He was surprised to see Sakura, Kakashi and Sasuke waiting for him outside the door.

"Waiting for Naruto?"

"Yes, now that he's back, he can resume regular training."

"I see, well, he should be along any minute now."

"He's not here?"

"No, He took Hiei and Yusuke to the training grounds early this morning. I was just leaving to meet them halfway."

"Why are they there?"

Kurama smiled "I understand Yusuke and Hiei were undergoing basic Ninja training."

Every eyebrow lifted at that piece of news.

"Ninja training from Naruto?" Sakura asked in disbelief

"..." (This is Sasuke's response, he he ^_^)

"I believe it was more or less a tactic to keep them and Naruto occupied"

"Oh."

***********

"I really like the idea of spells on paper and scrolls - you can just whip `em out and use them." grinned Yusuke.

"Remind me to stay far away from you Yusuke."

"My next favorites would be the Kunai and Shurikens" Yusuke said lifting the objects in his hand. "And there are different sizes and ways to use them too."

Naruto nodded.

"The "spiritual power" and "body power" combine to produce chakra" observed Hiei.

"Can we actually create chakra, Hiei?"

"It's possible."

"Hmm…cool."

"It's possible, but it would take years for you, baka."

"Geez."

"I suggest you keep it simple, and at what you are best at, hand to hand combat."

"Right, right."

Yusuke quickly gained back his enthusiasm though "But, it wouldn't hurt me to keep practicing - I can improve in handling and throwing of these cool weapons."

Yusuke then held up a thin sharp needle and remarked; "Now I know why I never got into acupuncture."

Hiei looked disdainfully at him, "It just goes to show you, how practical a weapon a Senbon can be, baka"

Hiei then dropped a smoke ball - which left Yusuke retching.

"Hiei, why you..."

The smoke cleared and the two were glaring at each other.

Eventually, Hiei shut his eyes - tired of the game, and Yusuke looked up.

"Company."

Kurama and the group were walking towards them.

"Good Morning!" greeted Kakashi

"Good Morning Sakura-chan!" sang Naruto

"Did you have a nice practice?"

"I learned something, right Hiei?"

",,,,"

"Anyway" Yusuke sighed. "What's happening now?"

"Kakashi is taking Group Seven for their regular training practice."

"Oh"

"Did you want to come along?"

"I don't think so, were you going Kurama?"

"I actually hadn't decided yet."

"I'll go."

Startled, everyone turned to look at Hiei.

He shrugged.

"What?"

Yusuke shook his head, "Nothing, I guess I can show Kurama those locations Naruto pointed out earlier."

"Locations?" Kakashi raised his eyebrow.

Yusuke grinned.

"Yeah, Kurama's really into nature, we saw some interesting flowers and some wild fauna and such; we thought he might be interested.

"He's interested in plants?" Sakura was amazed.

"Yes" Kurama smiled, "Plants have many uses, not just as food or for decoration some even,

"Oh, Oh! I know!! Some are poisonous and herbs can be used to make medicines, right Kurama?"

"Yes, you are correct Naruto."

"Where'd you learn that Naruto?" asked Yusuke

"From..." Naruto trailed off and his face darkened.

Yusuke caught on and said, "Never mind, you better get going, right?"

Kakashi nodded and the group started to leave.

"Beef or spicy chicken tonight?" called Yusuke

"Spicy Chicken!" was the reply

"Right!"

***

When the group was barely a speck ahead, Kurama turned to Yusuke.

"So, you had him show you?"

"Yes, you can't miss it, it's in a field covered in yellow grass, and we felt it trembling even as we got closer."

"And the other floral, fauna and plant life you mentioned?"

"Actually, I wasn't lying about that." Yusuke pointed to his right, "There's a floral shop a few blocks that way. If you go even further you can find a few very nice gardens. Do you want to take a look?"

Kurama gave a nod and they walked in the direction Yusuke had been pointing.

A/N:

^_^