Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ ~Beauty and the Beast~ ❯ ~Chapter 2; Rejected!~ ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
everyone! How was the first chapter? I hope it was okay and you can picture the characters the right way. Well, lets get this story moving!

---------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: I do not own the Naruto characters or the movie Beauty and the Beast. Those belong to Shonen Jump and Disney!

---------------------------------------------

~Chapter 2: Denied!~

HINATA: Good bye, Papa! Good luck!

HIASHI: Good bye, Hinata, and take care while I’m gone!

Hiashi and Phillipe, the horse, continue on their journey until they become lost.

HIASHI: We should be there by now… Maybe we missed a turn. I guess I should have taken a… wait a minute.

Lifts lantern to illuminate a sign giving directions to Anaheim and Valencia.

Let’s go this way!

Phillipe looks right, at a dark, overgrown path, then left towards a more inviting route, then begins to go left.

HIASHI: Come on, Phillipe! It’s a shortcut. We’ll be there in no time!

Hiashi and Phillipe continue through the dark overgrown path…

HIASHI: This can’t be right. Where have you taken us, Phillipe? We’d better turn around… and…whoa… whoa boy, whoa Phillipe!

A wolf howling in the distance spooks Phillipe and he starts to panic.

HIASHI: Oh, oh! Look out!

A swarm of bats fly out of a tree. Phillipe runs through the forest avoiding everything until he almost runs over the edge of a cliff.

HIASHI: Back up! Back up! Back up! Good boy, good boy. That’s good, that’s-back up! Steady. Steady! Hey now. Steady.

Phillipe hears the howling again and finally bucks him off and runs away, leaving Hiashi at the edge of the cliff alone.

Phillipe! Phillipe? Oh no!

He looks up and sees wolves growling at him. Hiashi runs away, being chased by the wolves. He stumbles down a hill, and lands at the gate of a castle. He grabs the locked gate and tries to shake it open.

HIASHI: Help! Is someone there?

The gate opens, and Hiashi runs in. He slams the gate in the faces of the wolves. Leaving his hat on the ground as the rain begins to fall, Hiashi runs to the castle and bangs on the door. It creaks open and he enters, cautiously.

HIASHI: Hello?… Hello?

Watching from a table near the entrance are Kiba and Chouji. (candlestick and clock.)

KIBA: (barely whispering) Old fellow must have lost his way in the woods.

CHOUJI: (Also whispering) Keep quiet! Maybe he’ll go away.

HIASHI: Is someone there?

CHOUJI: Not a word, Kiba. Not one word!

HIASHI: I don’t mean to intrude, but I’ve lost my way and I need a place to stay for the night.

KIBA: (looking at Chouji like a child having just found a lost puppy) Oh Chouji, have a heart.

CHOUJI: Shush shhhh!

Chouji puts his hand over Kiba’s mouth, who promptly proceeds to tough his lit candle hand to Chouji’s hand.

CHOUJI: Ow ow ow ow OW OUCH!

KIBA: Of course, monsieur, you are welcome here.

HIASHI: (looking around in confusion) Who said that?

He picks up the candlestick for light, not realizing that the speaker is in his hand.

KIBA: (Tapping him on the shoulder.) Over here!

HIASHI: (Spins around, pulling Kiba to the other side.) Where?

KIBA: (Taps Hiashi on the side of the head. Hiashi looks at Kiba.) Allo!

HIASHI: Oh!!

Startled, he drops Kiba onto the floor.

Incredible!

CHOUJI: (hopping over) Well, now you’ve done it, Kiba. Splendid, just peachy--aaarrrgghh!

Hiashi picks up Chouji.

HIASHI: How is this accomplished? (Fiddling with Chouji)

CHOUJI: Put me down at once!

Hiashi tickles the bottoms of Chouji’s feet. He laughs. He begins to wind the spring on the back of Chouji’s head, twisting his face around with the clock hands. Hiashi opens the front of Chouji and begins to play with his pendulum. Chouji slams the door shut on his finger.

Sir, close that at once! Do you mind?!

HIASHI: I beg your pardon, it’s just that I’ve never seen a clock that…aah..I mean… aah ahah aah-chooo!!!! (Sneeze)

Hiashi sneezes in Chouji’s face, who proceeds to wipe his face off using his clock hands in a very anachronistic windshield wiper manner. Hiashi sniffles, indicating the cold he has caught from being in the rain.

KIBA: Oh, you are soaked to the bone, monsieur. Come, warm yourself by the fire.

HIASHI: Thank you.

Kiba and Hiashi head towards the den, with Chouji running after them

CHOUJI: No, no, no, do you know what the master would do if he finds you here?!

Beast (
now to be known as Gaara. Just imagine him in the Shukaku’s form only much smaller than he was with the fight between Naruto and Gaara.) is watching the action from an overhead walkway, and rushes off as the trio enters the den.

I demand that you stop… right… there!

Chouji tumbles down the steps. Hiashi takes a seat in a large chair in front of a roaring fire.

Oh no, not the master’s chair!

Footstool (known as Akamaru now) rushes past Chouji, barking up a storm.

I’m not seeing this, I’m not seeing this!

HIASHI: (As Akamaru rushes up to him) Well, hello there, boy.

Akamaru props himself up under the feet of Hiashi. Coat Rack (I didn’t put him in the list of parts but I best it would be easiest to imagine him as Kakashi.) enters and removes his cloak.

What service!

CHOUJI: All right, this has gone far enough. I’m in charge here, and--

Chouji is run over by the (once again) anachronistic IndyCar sounding teacart of Mrs.Potts. (Now to be known as Kurenai.)

KURENAI: (Arriving by the side of Hiashi) How would you like a nice spot of tea, sir? It’ll warm you up in no time.

Pours tea into cup (Chip, now to be known as Konohamaru.), which hops over into Hiashi’s open hand.

[Yes I do know that Kurenai is not Akamaru’s mother but just go with it for the sake of the story. Thank you!]

CHOUJI: (From face down position on carpet.) No! No tea, no tea!!!

KONOHAMARU: Ha ha! His moustache tickles, momma!

HIASHI: (Startled by the cup) Oh! Hello!

The door to the den slams open and a strong gust of wind blows into the room, extinguishing Kiba’s flames and the fire in the fireplace. Chouji dives for cover. Kurenai begins to shake. Konohamaru jumps back onto the tea cart and takes refuge from behind his mother.

KONOHAMARU: Uh oh!

Gaara enters. We see him in full for the first time. He is on all fours. He looks around in the darkness. [think Shukaku]

GAARA: (growling his words) There’s a stranger here…

KIBA: (Who has re-lit his flames) Master, allow me to explain. The gentleman was lost in the woods and he was cold and wet…

Kiba’s last sentence is drowned out by the very loud growl of Gaara, which puts his flames out once again. Kiba looks down, dejected.

Chouji: (Coming out from under a rug) Master, I’d like to take this moment to say… I WAS AGAINST THIS FROM THE START! I TRIED TO STOP THEM, BUT WOULD THEY LISTEN TO ME?! NO, NO, NO!

Again, Gaara’s growl drowns out Chouji. Hiashi looks to one side of the chair, then to the other and sees Gaara.

GAARA: Who are you?! What are you doing here?!

HIASHI: (very scared and backing away from the advancing Gaara) I was lost in the woods and… (stares at Gaara)

GAARA: (advancing on him) You are not welcome here!

HIASHI: I’m sorry!

GAARA: What are you staring at?!

HIASHI: (Cowering under Gaara) Noth-noth-nothing! (Turns to leave)

GAARA: (Racing around and blocking the entrance with surprising speed) So, you’ve come to stare at the beast, have you?!

HIASHI: Please, I meant no harm! I just needed a place to stay!

GAARA: I’ll give you a place to stay!

Gaara picks up Hiashi, carries him out of the room and slams the door, plunging the den, along with Chouji, Kiba, Kurenai, and Konohamaru into the darkness. Fade out. Fade in to Hinata’s cottage, seen from P.O.V. of Sasuke and Naruto.)

NARUTO: Heh! Oh boy! Hinata’s gonna get the surprise of her life, huh Sasuke?

SASUKE: Yep. This is her lucky day!

Sasuke lets go of a branch, which swings back and hits Naruto in the mouth. Sasuke turns to the band, wedding guests and others, apparently just out of sight of Hinata’s cottage.

SASUKE: I’d like to thank you all for coming to my wedding. But first, I better go in there and… propose to the girl!

Minister, Baker, and others laugh heartily while the Bimbettes are crying their eyes out. (Sakura, Ino, Tenten.)

Now, you Naruto. When Hinata and I come out that door--

Naruto: Oh I know, I know!

Naruto turns and begins directing the band in ‘here comes the bride’. Sasuke slams a baritone over his head.

SASUKE: Not yet!

NARUTO: (from inside the instrument) Sorry!

Cut to interior of cottage. Hinata is sitting in a chair reading her new book. There is a knock at the door. She puts the book down and walks to the door. She reaches up and pulls down a viewing device. She peeks through and sees an anachronistically accurate fish-eye view of Sasuke. She groans, and pushes the door open.

HINATA: Sasuke, what a… pleasant… surprise…

SASUKE: Isn’t it though? I’m just full of surprises. You know, Hinata, there’s not a girl in town who wouldn’t love to be in your shoes. This is the day…

Sasuke pauses by a mirror and licks his teeth clean…

This is the day your dreams come true.

HINATA: What do you know about my dreams, Sasuke?

SASUKE: Plenty. Here, picture this.

Sasuke plops down in the chair and props his mud-covered feet up on Hinata’s book. He begins to kick off his boots and wiggle his toes through his hole-y socks.

A rustic hunting lodge, my latest kill roasting on the fire, and my little wife, massaging my feet, while the little ones play with the dogs.

Hinata looks positively disgusted. Sasuke gets up next to her face.

We’ll have six or seven.

HINATA: Dogs?

SASUKE: No, Hinata! Strapping boys, like me!

HINATA: Imagine that…

She picks up her book, places a mark in it, and puts in on the shelf.

SASUKE: And do you know who that wife will be?

HINATA: Let me think…

SASUKE: (corners Hinata) You, Hinata!

HINATA: (ducking under Sasuke’s arms) Sasuke, I’m speechless. I really don’t know what to say.

SASUKE: (pushing chairs and things out of the way until he reaches Hinata and traps her against the door) Say you’ll marry me.

HINATA: (Reaching for the doorknob) I’m very sorry, Sasuke, but I just don’t deserve you.

She twists the knob and the door opens-this time outward-. Hinata ducks under Sasuke as he tumbles out the door and into the mud. The wedding band begins to play ‘Here comes the bride.’ Sasuke’s boots are thrown out of the door-now opened inward- and the door is slammed shut. Naruto, who is directing the band, looks down and sees Sasuke’s legs sticking out of the mud, and a pig’s head sticking up. Naruto cuts off the band, and Sasuke’s head pops up, with the pig on top of his head. He tilts his head, and the pig slides down his back.

NARUTO: So, how’d it go?

SASUKE: (Picks up NARUTO by the neck) I’ll have Hinata for my wife, make no mistake about that!

Sasuke drops Naruto into the mud.

NARUTO: (To the pig) Touchy!

PIG: *Grunt* *Grunt*

Sasuke walks off, dejected, and the focus returns to the cottage. Hinata pokes her head out the door.

*Start of song*

HINATA: (to the chickens in their pen in the back yard.) Is he gone? Can you imagine, he asked me to marry him!
Me, the wife of that boorish, brainless…

Madame Sasuke, can’t you just see it
Madame Sasuke, his little wife
Not me, no sir, I guarantee it
I want much more than this provincial life…

Hinata walks into the pen and feeds the animals, then runs off singing into an open field overlooking a beautiful valley.

I want adventure in the great wide somewhere
I want it more than I can tell
And for once it might be grand
To have someone understand
I want so much more than they’ve got planned

*End of song*

Phillipe runs into the open field. Hinata looks at him,, disturbed that Hiashi is not with him.

HINATA: Phillipe! What are you doing here? Where’s Papa? Where is he, Phillipe?
What happened? Oh, we have to find him, you have to take me to him!

Hinata unhitches the wagon holding Hiashi’s invention for the science fair, from Phillipe. Cut to the exterior of the castle gate.

HINATA: What is this place?

Phillipe snorts, then begins to buck as if something is scaring him. Hinata dismounts and comforts him.

HINATA: Phillipe, please, steady.

She enters the gate and sees Hiashi’s hat on the ground.

Papa.

Cut to interior of castle with Chouji and Kiba discussing events.

CHOUJI: Couldn’t keep quiet, could we. Just had to invite him to stay didn’t we? Serve him tea, sit in the master’s chair, pet the pooch.

KIBA: I was trying to be hospitable.

The door starts opening and Hinata enters the castle.

HINATA: Hello? Is anyone here? Hello? Papa? Papa, are you here?

Hinata ascends the grand staircase and searches for her father. In the kitchen where Kurenai is standing next to a tub of hot water. Konohamaru hops in.

KONOHAMARU: Momma! There’s a girl in the castle!

KURENAI: Now, Konohamaru, I won’t have you making up such wild stories.

KONOHAMARU: But really, momma, I saw her!

KURENAI: (disgusted) Not another word. Into the tub.

She lifts Konohamaru into the tub. Feather-duster enters- I guess you can picture the feather duster as Temari.)

TEMARI: A girl! I saw a girl in the castle!

KONOHAMARU: (poking his head out of the water) See, I toooooooold ya!

Back to Kiba nd Chouji bickering.

CHOUJI: Irresponsible, devil-mau-care, waxy eared, slack-jawed--

HINATA: Papa?

Chouji and Kiba turn to look at the new arrival.

KIBA: Did you see that?
(Running to the door and poking his head around the corner with Chouji.
It’s a girl!

CHOUJI: I know it’s a girl.

KIBA: Don’t you see? She’s the one! The girl we have been waiting for! She has come to break the spell! (He chases after her.)

CHOUJI: Wait a minute, wait a minute!

Hinata advances down a narrow hallway. Chouji and Kiba sneak up behind her and open the door that leads to the tower where Hiashi is being kept. The door creaks open and Hinata hears the sound.

HINATA: Papa? Papa?

Chouji hides behind the door and Kiba rushes off.

Hello? Is someone here? Wait! I’m looking for my father!

She begins up the stairs, but doesn’t realize that Kiba is watching her.

That’s funny, I’m sure there was someone…
I-I-Is there anyone here?

HIASHI: Hinata? (his voice echoes from his cell)

HINATA: (rushes up to the cell to find him) Oh, Papa!

HIASHI: How did you find me?

HINATA: Oh, your hands are like ice. We have to get you out of here.

HIASHI: Hinata, I want you to leave this place.

HINATA: Who’s done this to you?

HIASHI: No time to explain. You must go… now!

HINATA: I won’t leave you!

Suddenly, Gaara grabs Hinata’s shoulder and whips her around. She drops the torch she was carrying into a puddle and the room is dark except for one beam of light from a skylight.

GAARA: What are you doing here?

HIASHI: Run, Hinata!

HINATA: Who’s there? Who are you?

GAARA: The master of this castle.

HINATA: I’ve come for my father. Please let him out! can’t you see he’s sick?

GAARA: Then he shouldn’t have trespassed here.

HINATA: But he could die. Please I’ll do anything!

GAARA: There’s nothing you can do. He’s my prisoner.

HINATA: Oh, there must be some way I can… wait! Take me, instead!

GAARA: You! You would take his place?

HIASHI: Hinata! No! You don’t know what you’re doing!

HINATA: If I did, would you let him go?

GAARA: Yes, but you must promise to stay here forever.

Hinata ponders the situation and realizes she can’t see the captor.

HINATA: Come into the light…

Gaara drags his legs, then his whole body into the beam of light. Hinata looks, her eyes growing wider until she can stand no more and falls back to Hiashi.

HIASHI: No, Hinata! I won’t let you do this!

Hinata regains her composire, then steps into the beam of light, giving her a very innocent look.

HINATA: You have my word.

GAARA: (quickly) Done!

~End Chapter 2~

So what’d you think? I hope this one came out good too! Please read and review! No flames please but I do accept constructive criticism.