Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ 1000 Memories, Words and Confessions ❯ This is My Life ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Pain. Confusion. Sadness. These were what ran through her mind as the Wave village inched closer to her. The emotions ran like a blazing fire under her skin, and she shivered as the power locked deep down began to take control and drive her forward. Chakra began to radiate from her body with great vibrations that followed each heartbeat. What is happening? She thought as she found herself in a very quiet village. Forming hand seals, she began to search for the reason her body was quiver from an instant fury. There were two jounin from the look of it fighting, but in the distance there was an ice wall. She turned her eyes back to the jounin and saw the face a familiar silver haired jounin. Kakashi…
She opened her eyes and sprinted in the direction of the fight with a fury growing every step. As she closed in on the battle field she began to search furiously as if she was trying to find someone. When she couldn't find them her eyes turned to the ice mirrors. Sasuke. The pain tore at her furiously as if she would be consumed by the fire.
 
“Sasuke!” She shouted as she ran at the ice mirrors, her fist preparing to shatter them. He fist collided with the ice and sent slivers of ice soaring across the battle field, but the sight inside sent her into a rage. Inside the remaining mirrors was Sasuke laying on the ground not moving. Auri turned her eyes to the other fight she could make out, and it happened to be Naruto and Haku fighting. Her eyes began to glisten with tears as she leaned down and brushed her hand across Sasuke's cold cheek. “Please don't leave me…” She whispered as she pulled him gently into her arms. Her tears fell gently onto his closed eyes as she tried to hold in everything that screamed to break free. Setting Sasuke back down on the ground she stood up and with her fist clenched walked over to Naruto and pushed him aside. Naruto flew back from the great force, realizing who had just stepped between him and Haku.
 
“Auri…?” He said to himself as he saw the tear filled eyes and felt the immense chakra pulsating from her body.
 
“You killed him! YOU KILLED HIM!” She screamed as she landed a hard punch into his face and sent him flying back.
 
“My reason for living has already been taken from me; I am no longer a use to Zabuza…” He closed his eyes and waited for the finally blow. She looked into the face of the boy in front of her and stopped inches from his face.
 
“I cannot kill you…you aren't the reason he is dead…your master is!” She pulled away and sprinted with all the rage and hate she bared inside towards Zabuza. She drew out her set of sai and formed hand seals to cover the sai in fire. As she grew closer the fire grew further up her arms and lashed out in every direction. She thrust her right hand forward and drove the sai into his only working arm. Kakashi stood in shock as the sweet girl he remembered was covered in fire and smelled of blood lust.
 
“Auri don't! This is not your fight!” He shouted as he tried to push her away, but the fire lashed out at Kakashi and burned him.
 
“It became my fight as soon as he allowed his dog to kill Sasuke!” She slashed Zabuza across the chest and watched as his blood poured from the wound.
 
“So you are Auri. What an amazing killer!” He cackled as she came at him again.
 
“I am not a killer!” She went in for the final blow but when she went to pull the sai out she found it in the wrong person. In front of her stood Haku with the sai right through his heart instead of Zabuza's. She jumped back with Haku and laid him down as she pulled the sai out of his heart.
 
“Auri…” Naruto spoke up as he laid a hand on her shoulder.
 
“Naruto I killed an innocent person…” She began to shake as she tried to stand up.
 
“Naruto!! Where's Sasuke?!!!” Sakura yelled through the dust. Naruto averted his eyes from Sakura and looked down at Haku. Sakura grabbed Tazuna by the hand and rushed over to where she could barely make out Sasuke. Auri made her way over to Sasuke before Sakura and began to remove the needles gently from his neck and body.
 
“Who are you?” Sakura question as she began to cry into his shirt.
 
“Just a friend.” She answered as she began to lay a hand on Sakura but pulled it back instead.
 
“ZABUZA!” Gato called, his thugs standing behind him.
 
“Watch over him for me.” Auri stood up and walked over to stand next to Naruto. She watched as Gato kicked the boy she had killed and clenched her fist tightly.
 
“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING, YOU CREEP?!” Naruto ran at the man but Auri watched as Kakashi grabbed him by the collar. Naruto did pull away and started to yell at Zabuza.
 
“HE REALLY CARED ABOUT YOU! HE WAS DEVOTED TO YOU!!! BUT YOU THINK THAT'S JUST NOTHING, THAT HE WAS NOTHING. YOU DON'T FEEL A THING! ARE YOU REALLY THAT HEARTLESS!” Auri walked behind Naruto and wrapped her arms around him. She watched as Zabuza turned to look at Naruto with tears in his eyes.
 
“Kid…don't…say another word…” He replied. Zabuza asked for a kunai knife and what would happen next would stay with Auri forever. She watched as Zabuza ran recklessly into the mob of thugs after Gato. As Gato's head flew off, Zabuza fell to the ground. Auri felt the emotions rising up again, and turned to look back at Sasuke who was moving. With a small smile on her face she walked slowly to Sasuke's side to hug him.
 
“Sasuke…” she whispered as she kneeled down next to him and laid her hand on his cheek.
 
“Auri?” He questioned. “Your hair, it's short.” He gently took a lock of her hair and let it slip through his fingers. She couldn't help but laugh.
 
“You are thinking about my hair at a time like this?” She hugged him tightly.
 
“Hey!” Sakura yelled as she tried to pry Auri off of him. Get off my Sasuke! Inner Sakura thought.
 
“Sakura, leave her alone.” Sasuke said with an annoyed look on his face.
 
“Sasuke be nice for once.” She scolded as she helped him up.
 
“When did you get here? How did you know where I was?” He asked while leaning on her shoulder.
 
“I just felt your pain and found my way to the village. I promised I'd always be there Sasuke.” She smiled at the black haired ninja.
 
“Auri!” Naruto called out.
 
“Naruto!” she answered as the blond hugged her around the waist.
 
“Ready to go home?” She asked the genin. All three of them nodded furiously as they joined Kakashi, who was standing next to Zabuza and Haku.
 
“Kakashi, let's go home.”
 
“Yes let's.”
 
 
The days began to slow down as soon as the five ninjas returned home and it seemed that it would never end. The day was as beautiful as ever as Auri sat outside on the balcony rail and watched the clouds pass by slowly.
 
“Aw, its so nice out.”
 
“Until you fall off the rail.” Came a deep voice from behind her.
 
“The beast has awakened!” She laughed as she stared at the mess of a ninja in front of her.
 
“Shut up Auri.”
 
“And it's angry. Well then I guess I can eat your portion of the breakfast.” She slid off the rail and walked into the small kitchen. There on the counter was a stack of freshly made pancakes.
 
“Don't even think about it!” He tackled her to the ground which sent the fork and plate of food flying into the air.
 
“Awww! The pancakes!” The pancakes covered in syrup fell right on top of the two people. Auri laughed from under a pancake as she heard Sasuke groan.
 
“Now I am covered in syrup.” Auri lifted the pancake off her face and tried to roll out from under Sasuke.
 
“Oh no you don't!” He pinned her by the wrists to the ground. “You are going to pay for this.” He smirked.
 
“There is some syrup on your cheek…” She leaned up and licked the small droplet off of his face.
 
“Oh hell no!” He jumped back, but ended up slipping on the pancakes.
 
“This is so hilarious!” She laughed as Sasuke lay on the ground defeated.
 
“Everyone is out to get me…” He turned over and buried his face in his arms.
 
“No they aren't. Now get up so I can clean up the kitchen.” Auri grabbed a cloth off of the sink and began to wipe the floor clean. Sasuke looked up from his arms and watched as she hummed to herself. He grabbed another cloth off of the sink and began to help clean up the floor as well. After the floor was finished they both got cleaned up.
 
“Well, since I am free today I think I'll come train with you and your team.”
 
“In what you're wearing?” Sasuke gave her look as she twirled around in her flowing dress.
 
“Yes. I can still pummel you all.” She grinned as she made her way outside. Sasuke shook his head as he followed behind her.
 
~*~
 
“Sasuke!” Sakura called out with joy and excitement.
 
“Hn.” He answered as he leaned against the building and closed his eyes.
 
“You know you really are rude Sasuke.” Auri poked him.
 
“And I care because?” He answered, smirking at her.
 
“Because I might just tell Sakura about this morning…”She let out a small evil laugh as Sasuke's eyes shot open.
 
“Don't even-“
 
“This morning? What?” Sakura asked raising her fist and glaring at Auri.
 
“Oh nothing.”
 
“Good morning Sakura!” Naruto stopped suddenly in front of the three with his goofy grin plastered across his face. “Good morning Auri.”
 
“Morning Naruto. I am going to train with you all today, if you don't mind.” She smiled down at Naruto.
 
“Of course not. From what I have heard you're an awesome ninja.” He put his hand on the back of his head.
 
“That is an exaggeration.”
 
“Good morning everyone. Oh Auri, I see you have come to join us.”
 
“Yes I have Kakashi.”
 
“Well good, then it saves me a trip of looking for you. Well group let's get this mission over with.”
 
Hours later after the mission…
 
“That was so much fun!” Auri tried not to drop Naruto as she danced around. “But you really shouldn't have over done it Naruto.”
 
“You're a real nuisance.” Sasuke said.
 
“THAT DOES IT!! SASUKE-“
 
“If you start anymore I'll bury you!” Sakura grabbed a hold of Naruto and held a fist over him menacingly.
 
“Lately you team work has been non-existent.” Kakashi gazed up at the sky and saw a bird fly over. “Auri I need to talk to you before I leave.”
 
“What is it?” Auri asked, a serious look on her face.
 
“Hokage needs you to go on another mission. Its concerning a certain S-rank criminal, and he wants you to leave after the first part of the Chunin exam.”
 
“But I just got back! Why?! No! I never get to be home, and from what I can tell no one is doing a good enough job protecting the only reason I am even still here! Hell no! Tell him to shove it up his fucking ass, because I need to be here for him!” Her blue eyes began to be speckled with red as she pointed at Sasuke. She looked ready to take Kakashi's head off.
 
“It's your job as a ninja!” He answered back.
 
“Well screw the ninja code! I am not going!” The three genin stared with wide eyes at her, a fourteen year old ninja trying to take on someone bigger than her.
 
“You know one way or the other you'll have to go! You have no choice!” Kakashi stormed off. Auri watched the silver haired ninja disappear in a cloud of smoke and sighed. She slumped to the ground and placed her forehead on top of her knees. Why me? I didn't ever want to see him again. This isn't fair to me at all! I said that I would forget him! I told them to never send me on a mission like this! Fuckers!!!
 
“Auri, are you alright?” Naruto asked as he squatted down to her level. She peered over at him and let him see a small smile as laid her hand against his cheek.
 
“Yea I am fine.” She looked around. “Where did Sasuke go?”
 
“He went home after he upset Sakura.” Naruto answered. Auri sighed. Sasuke…
 
“Do you mind if I hang out with you all anyway.”
 
“Sure.” They both stood up and joined Sakura.
 
“Don't feel down Sakura.” Auri assured her. She turned to get Naruto to say the same when she was met with Naruto watching a rock with eye holes. He flipped it over and under it was three small academy students.
 
“Leave it to the man I have acknowledged as being almost my equal! Your skills rival my own!!”
 
“What do you all want?” Naruto asked.
 
“You said you would play ninja with us.” The leader of the small group said.
 
“So…what is a ninja doing playing ninja?” Sakura asked, a still sulky look on her face.
 
“Hey big guy who is the babes?” Konohamaru asked as he pointed at Sakura and Auri.
 
“I can tell you and the pink haired one are you…' He made a funny little motion with his hand. “And can I have the other one?”
 
“I am sorry to inform you, but I am not a thing.” Auri placed her hand roughly on top of his head. “Besides, it looks like Sakura is about to-“ Auri moved out of the way as Sakura threw a punch and it collided with Naruto's face and then with Konohamaru's.
 
“Is she even female?!” Konohamaru complained as he rubbed his beat on head. Sakura stopped and then turned and ran at the group. Auri ran next to them until Konohamaru ran into a big sand ninja.
 
“That hurt snot face!” The guy picked Konohamaru up by the collar of his shirt.
 
“Put him down!” Auri growled.
 
“I just want to play with him a little…while were waiting for the nuisance to get here. But I'll take the pretty red head.”
 
“Put him down and back off…!” She glared directly into his eyes.
 
“Sonofa-“ Naruto ran at the ninja but was thrown back.
 
“Is that the best Konoha can offer?” He snickered.
 
“Fine then, you want to feel the power of Konoha.” Auri pulled out a sai and formed a few hand seals. She threw it in the ground at the guy's feet.
 
“You missed!” He snickered again.
 
“No I didn't. I hit my mark.” Ice began to grow up the guy's leg until it reached his waist. “Now let him go and I won't turn you into a popsicle.”
 
“No way!” A rock flew out of no where and got him in the wrist. Auri caught Konohamaru as he fell from the guys hand and pulled the sai out of the ground.
 
“Tell me…What are you guys doing in our village?” Sasuke called from the tree.
 
“Long time no see.” Auri waved up at Sasuke.
 
While this was going on another meeting was being held at the headquarters of the hidden village.
 
“First thing that needs to be discussed is the newest mission for Auri.” The Hokage explained to the Jounin standing in front of him “Kakashi.”
 
“She said no.”
 
“And why did she say no?”
 
“She said it's because she was promised to never have to see him again.” Kakashi explained.
 
“That brat should know her place by now.” Kurenai spoke up from behind Kakashi.
 
“You forget she is not a normal ninja. She came here without a past and now she has become more powerful than any of us could have imagined.” Hokage placed his hands together. “Kakashi tell her she will either complete the mission or we'll tell Sasuke about her missions.” Kakashi nodded.
 
~*~