Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ 1000 Memories, Words and Confessions ❯ Destroying The Light ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Auri, is everyone alright?” Sasuke asked with an annoyed tone.
 
“Yes we are.”
 
“Auri?” The blond sand ninja spoke up. “THE Auri? You finally got free?!” She had a look of pure happiness on her face.
 
“Do I know you?” Auri asked, giving the blond ninja a funny look.
 
“You don't remember me?” She walked up to Auri and looked her deeply in the eyes. “You are telling me you don't remember training together?” Auri looked into the blue-gray eyes and tried to see if there was something there she remembered.
 
“I'm sorry to say that I don't remember you.”
 
“Well then I'll introduce myself. I'm Temari.” She stuck her hand out to Auri.
 
“I'm Auri as you know, but lucky for you all I am already a jounin.” She gave Temari a big grin.
 
Same Auri. Temari thought as she returned the smile.
 
“Why are you making nice with them?” Growled the guy with the paint on his face.
 
“Oh shut up Kankuro.” She spat back at the guy.
 
“You're a disgrace to our entire village.” A red headed boy said in a monotone voice from the tree Sasuke was in. “Sorry about my friends.” He looked down at Auri and as their eyes met she fell to the ground holding her head between her hands. “No…” She whispered.
 
Another person that is going suffer my fate…
 
No, leave Gaara alone! He doesn't deserve this!
 
Leave us little girl!
 
Little girl?!
 
Awwww! Noooo!
 
No!!!!!
 
“Make it stop! Make it stop!” She yelled at the top of her lungs as she began to shake and sweat badly. Sasuke went to help her but he found himself beat by the red head ninja.
 
“Auri, are you remembering?” The red head asked.
 
“Gaara…”She looked up at the red head with a tired look in her eyes as she fainted into his arms.
 
“I'll take her from here.” Sasuke commanded from Gaara's side.
 
“Uchiha isn't it?” Gaara said in a menacing tone.
 
“Yes, and we live in the same house so give her to me.” Sasuke growled.
 
“What?!?!” Sakura yelled. SHE LIVES IN THE SAME HOUSE AS SASUKE!!! Inner Sakura yelled.
 
“Why should I give her to you?” Gaara growled. He looked down at the small girl in his arms. “She has been through a lot.”
 
“I know.” Gaara gave him one more menacing look before laying Auri into Sasuke's open arms.
 
“You had better take care of her.” And with that the sand ninjas disappeared down the road.
 
“Sasuke, when were you going to tell me about her living with you?” Sakura asked, a sad look in her eyes.
 
“Why do I need to tell you my business?” He brushed her off and walked back to his house.
 
Sasuke…why…
 
“Sakura?” Naruto asked as he laid a hand gently onto her shoulder. Sakura pulled away and walked slowly home.
 
“Auri, who are you really?”
 
~*~
 
“You know you gave us all a heart attack when you started to scream.” Sasuke began to fill her in on what had happen. He removed the dried cloth from her forehead and laid a new, cold one in its place.
 
“I'm sorry. I don't know what it was but I heard voices inside my head and felt emotions I didn't recognize run through my veins.” She averted her gaze from Sasuke to the slightly open window.
 
“Well…Gaara caught you…” Sasuke winced at the name.
 
“Oh.” She said, her mind somewhere else.
 
“Are you sure you are alright?”
 
“Yea, I'm fine.”
 
“Kakashi left you a note.” He handed her a slip of paper and left the room. She opened the paper and read the paper.
 
Dear Auri,
I am sorry to inform you that the Hokage did not take your answer very lightly and would like to remind you that he has kept you here in the village even though you are not from here. He would also like to inform you that he has kept all matters of your missions a secret from anyone who has asked, as well as your identity. In my own regrets I am sorry that you have been forced to face someone I recall had an impact on more than just you in the house.
 
Sincerely,
Hakate Kakashi
 
The note fell from her hand and landed next to her face. She gave a sigh of sadness as she tried to sit up. The pain in her head hurt so bad that she began to grow dizzy as the sunlight leaked into the room.
 
“What did Kakashi want?” Sasuke asked as he came back into the room with a glass of water and some medicine.
 
“Sasuke I…he…I'm going on another mission very soon.” She turned away as soon as she saw the shocked look on his face.
 
“But you just got back, after being away for two months.” He tried to not look like he was mad at her.
 
“I know. I told them the same thing. I'll be here until after the first part of the Chunin exam.”
 
“Wait! The exams are coming up?”
 
“Yea they are. I can stay for only that short amount of time.” She ran her hand through her hair and tried to swallow her pain.
 
“How long will that be?” He asked, noticing that she was growing dizzy. Sasuke handed her the water and pills.
 
“Two days if I am correct on the calculations.” She swallowed the pills and chugged the glass of water down. “So what are we wasting these precious two days inside?” She flung the sheets off and grabbed Sasuke's hand. “Were going shopping, because they promised I'd be back before the spring festival.”
 
“And?”
 
“Kimonos!” She sprinted off to the first shop and browsed through the silk fabrics. Pulling out purples, greens, blues and reds and holding them up to herself.
 
“I like the dark purple one.” Sasuke sounded bored.
 
“Oh come on. Here try this dark blue one.” She threw the cloth over the other people and into his lap.
 
“No, no, no. You are looking at it all wrong. Black may not be spring worthy but I have perfect kimono already made. I think it would fit you.” The lad y of the shop grabbed Auri by the hand and dragged her to the back room of the store. Sasuke laid against the wall and waited patiently until a certain blond came in.
 
“SASUKE!” She shouted as she jumped onto his back.
 
“Get off of me Ino.” He tried to pry the girl's hand from around his neck.
 
“Ino, you pig! Get off of Sasuke!” Another female voice yelled over Ino. Great not her too…Sasuke thought to himself as he saw a certain pink haired girl come in the shop.
 
“What is it to you billboard brow?”
 
“Get off of my Sasuke!”
 
“He's mine!”
 
“No he's not!”
 
“Yes he is!”
 
Someone cleared their throat and all three of the gennin turned to look at the person. The person that met eyes with was not a normal person, especially in the black kimono they were wearing.
 
“Do you like it?” Auri asked as she spun around to show off the intricate designs on the silk.
 
“Wow.” Both of the girls said at the same time.
 
“Auri…” Was all Sasuke could get out.
 
“Isn't it perfect?!” The shop keeper asked with pride and joy in her eyes.
 
“It really is, I think I want this one.” Auri said as she spun around one more time before going back with the woman to take it off. There was absolute silence as the three genin tried to recover from they just saw.
 
“Was that Auri?” Sakura asked
 
“Yea…” Sasuke couldn't stop staring at the spot where Auri had just been standing.
 
“So what are you doing in here?” Ino finally asked as she slid off of Sasuke.
 
“None of your business.” Sasuke shook himself and put his serious face back on.
 
“Sasuke did you find one?” Auri asked as she came out carrying a large bundle.
 
“And who is she?” Ino asked pointing at Auri.
 
“Hi. I'm Auri.” She stuck her hand out to Ino.
 
“Uh huh. And you're here with Sasuke because…?” She gave Auri a look.
 
“Because were shopping for spring kimonos.” She gave Ino a smile and turned back to Sasuke. “Did you find one?”
 
“Yea I did.” He held up a dark green fabric.
 
“Perfect, let's get it set to be made and get some lunch.” She handed the fabric to the woman and dragged Sasuke out of the store as fast as possible.
 
“What was that all about?” He asked.
 
“I just saved you from your fan girls.”
 
“Yea. Thanks.”
 
“No problem.” She started to look around to figure where they had ended up and got a big smile on her face. “I know where we are going to go next.”
 
“Where?”
 
“A secret place I know of.” She walked into the forest.
 
“Auri?” Sasuke called out.
 
“Over here. Come on.” She pulled him to the waterfalls. “Isn't it beautiful?” She pulled off her Chinese style shirt and revealed the top half of a bathing suit. “Did I scare you there for a second?”
 
“No….” Sasuke turned away, a small blush on his cheeks.
 
“Come on, I have a new technique I developed while I was gone.” She pulled her shoes and pants off and walked out into the middle of the pond. She stood like a ballerina dancer in the middle and brought her hands above her head and formed a few hand seals before letting the palms face the water. Small droplets began to form around her. She waved one arm in one direction and the other in the other to cause the droplets to move like a dance. “See isn't it cool?” She began to dance across the waters until she heard familiar voices. “Right on time.” She walked off of the water and onto the ground to welcome the guest.
 
“Who else did you invite Auri?” Sasuke asked from the other side of the pond.
 
“Just a few friends. Naruto, Hinata, Shikamaru, Kiba, Shino, Ten Ten, and Neji.” She gave a great cry of joy as she saw the guest come through the trees with food and their stuff. “Hello everyone!”
 
“Hello Auri!” Naruto waved to her as he threw his stuff down on the side and flung his clothes off to get in.
 
“Hello Auri sempai.” Hinata said in a small voice.
 
“Hinata, no need for formalities. Today I am Auri.” Auri hugged Hinata.
 
“You must be Auri.” Shikamaru said with a smirk on his face.
 
“Yep, I would happen to be the one that invited you all to this crazy party!” She danced around the people and hugged all new comers.
 
“How do you live with it?” Shikamaru teased Sasuke. Sasuke turned away with a blush on his cheeks and watched as everyone got into the water.
 
“I have heard many things about your fighting skills.” Neji said from behind Auri.
 
“I guess Gai is not good at keeping secrets. But yes I am a skilled ninja.” She disappeared beneath the water and appeared at the top of the waterfall.
 
“Auri get down from there!” Sasuke yelled up at her.
 
“Not until you get in the water.”
 
“No way!”
 
“Fine then.” She formed a few hand seals and made the water falls fly at Sasuke and soak him. “One for Auri, zero for Sasuke.”
 
“For now.” He called from the ground. He disappeared and reappeared behind her. “You are going to pay!” He picked her up and threw her into the water below with a loud splash.
 
“Hey!” She shouted back up at him.
 
“I'll swim with you.” Neji offered as he gave her his hand.
 
“No thanks, besides Ten Ten looks lonely.” Auri swam behind Hinata and jumped onto her back. “Hinata go talk to Naruto. Come on, you can do it.” She pushed the girl forward.
 
“Naruto kun,” She said softly, “Would you like to swim with me?”
 
“Sure Hinata!” He picked her up and spun her around in the water. Hinata turned three shades of red as she couldn't stop looking at Naruto. Auri smiled at her handy work as she swam back over to the shore and grabbed her towel and dried off.
 
“Getting out so soon?” Sasuke asked from behind her.
 
“Yea. I'm still dizzy from earlier.” She sat down on the ground but felt herself leaning up against something.
 
“Are you fine now?” Sasuke asked from behind her.
 
“Yea, thanks.” She yawned and closed her eyes.
 
“It's getting dark out.” Sasuke broke the silence between them.
 
“Yea it is. Ok everyone, I want to thank you for coming but its getting late and you all have a big day tomorrow.” She helped the other genin gather their stuff up and find the way out of the forest. When she returned to the forest she found Sasuke laying on his back looking up at the night sky above him.
 
“Where are they sending you to?” He asked, turning his head to look at her.
 
“I'm not to sure…but I promise as always that I'll come back.” Auri laid down next to him and looked up at the stars.
 
“Some day, I'll be as strong as you and finally avenge my family…” He spoke up. Auri turned and stared into his serious face.
 
“Revenge isn't everything Sasuke.” She tried to place her hand on his cheek but he batted it away.
 
“You'll never understand what it means to lose your family and then to be tortured by your role model.” He sat up and stared off into the distance with a cold look in his eyes.
 
“I do know.”
 
“How? You weren't there when it happened, you weren't there when he committed the genocide of my clan!” He shouted at her. Auri reeled back and rolled away from him. She squeezed her eyes shut and tried to block out what he was saying to her. “You don't know what it means to lose everything!” Auri snapped. She stood up and looked down at Sasuke.
 
“I know what it feels like to lose someone you love! To lose the life I had grown to love! I know what it feels like to never know who I was! I know what it feels like when even 1000 memories can't live up to the love that was lost!” She shouted back. She turned her back on him and ran out of the forest and fast as she could to the house. Once inside she slammed the door shut and slid down the door, gulping down the lump that was forming in her throat.
 
“What is to become of me…?” She whispered to herself as she crawled under the futon covers and laid down to sleep.
 
 
The sun came in through the window like an unwelcomed guest. Auri could hear a soft knock coming from her door.
 
“Auri…” His voice came through the wood.
 
“Go away…” She answered back hoarsely.
 
“I…I…have to go…” She heard his footsteps fade away, but it didn't matter as she laid there in heartache. I am going to leave for my mission early… She thought as she made her way to the closet slowly. She pulled out a black Chinese shirt, black pants and a pair of the black sandal shoes the ninjas wear. While pulling her clothes on she looked into the mirror and saw the bags under her eyes. Looking away from the reflection, she began to strap her sais to her waist. Here I go again… Auri walked out of the room and out of the house without a second look.
 
~*~
 
“Sasuke, Sasuke!” Naruto called out as he came to meet his team. “Auri asked me to give this to you.” He handed him a small piece of paper.
 
“Hn.” He said as he took the paper from the blond and read the small handwriting.
 
To Sasuke
I have left early for my mission. I left some food that is easy to prepare for you back at the house. Take care of your self.
 
Sincerely,
Auri
 
His gazed drifted down to the bottom of the paper where there was more writing. It was a poem.
 
Onyx eyes of distrust
Pale cheek covered in invisible tears
Believe in my blue crystals
Destroyed by the memories rushed in
Hat the past that haunts the hollow mind
Will never turn away
For you I stay forever
 
Sasuke folded the piece of paper up and stuck into his chest pocket for safe keeping. He closed his eyes and tried to ignore the other two genin bickering.
 
“She also left some food for us today.” Naruto held a colorful box in front of Sasuke. It smelled of Auri's perfect cooking. “It's really good too.”
 
“It's always been good.” He took the box from Naruto and let a small smile cross his face. Thank you Auri… He thought as he saw Kakashi approach.