Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ 11 Ways ❯ Amused ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Six: Flirt
 
The first time Sakura flirted with Kakashi he was amused.
 
It is known throughout the entire village that shinobi children grow up early. Some of that is just a side-effect from the job while another portion is because it is strictly necessary to get the job done and live through it.
 
Flirting was certainly no different and could actually be seen as a more essential component of any ninja's life. Any shinobi, and more importantly any kunoichi, would be expected to take advantage of a situation by any means necessary (especially in any mission that would specifically call for that particular type of…expertise). There would also often be times where one of them from leaf would be in a dangerous situation and the only way out would be through words. These certain forms of persuasion came most in handy.
 
Not only that, but a shinobi life is hard. Sometimes it would seem almost too much, but that was why the shinobi didn't live separately from the village. Not only did they depend on the village for livelihood such as shop-keepers and restaurant-runners, but just seeing the normalcy of daily life that they helped to protect was all that kept some shinobi sane. Other than that there were friends, companions, a bit of levity to come home to.

A little innocuous flirting went a long way toward lightening the mood at the end of a dark day.
 
And here she was, his `little girl' (she got so mad when he called her that, which is of course why he said it all the more often) making innuendo with him as though it were the most natural thing in the world.
 
At this point in life someone Sakura's age would flirt (intentionally or not) with anyone of the opposite gender not considered too old or disfigured to engender such a response (i.e. disgust). Kakashi was greatly gratified to know he was not considered to be in that latter category in her young mind.
 
Over the years he'd seen Sakura joking with her male counterparts and new that what she was directing at him wasn't any attempt at a serious come on. He only had to see that she spoke in the same double entrendre with Naruto to see that - and the heavens only knew but there was nothing going to occur between those two.
 
So he'd take it for what it was meant to be - joking between friends. Besides, he mused, she was doing it so subtly and casually that she probably wasn't even aware of her actions. If he were to point it out to her or she became otherwise aware she'd probably be mortified.
 
Kakashi grinned beneath his mask. It might just make good for an embarrassing story to shut her up at some later point in the future.