Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ 1923 ❯ Act 6: An Eventful Day and A Moonlit Night ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

1923: ACT 6 - AN EVENTFUL DAY AND MOONLIT NIGHT! (revised)
 
 
Disclaimer: -reads from a piece of paper and says in monotone voice- The characters and plotline of the anime show; Naruto is copyright of Kishimoto. I do not and will not claim ownership of the copyrighted material nor am I making any profit from this fanfiction. I will also try not to abuse the characters or put them in appalling situations. That is all…you can put the gun away now mister.
Warning: The end of the game draws near, new revelations, and a very nice moon.
 
A/N: Thanks so much for the caring reviews! I'm feeling all better now, and I'm back to writing; yay!
Now as you read this chapter, you might be surprised that I'm using present tense now, teehee. Well, technically I should be using present tense for all of my chapters, but I have a natural tendency to use past tense (bad habit…). Sooo yea, I should probably go back and correct all of that, ne?
-whines- But so much work…
 
Revision: Ok, just realized that the present tense thing does in fact sound quite weird (even if it is grammatically correct). I read the whole thing aloud, and it just sounded very unnatural. So yea, I'm changing it back to past tense…
 
o0o
 
o0o
 
Two months have passed now.
 
Sasuke was beginning to find himself in a tough situation. There existed a constant teetering seesaw in his head, one side which told him to continue the game and the other to call it all off. It balanced upon that set notion, one side going up after one of the blond's smiles and then going back down after a long duration of recalling past memories.
There was also that indescribable feeling inside his chest, that won't go away and causes him great pain each time he imagined Naruto at the end of the game; eyes filled with tears. But he held onto something, a thin sliver of hope…the hope that this time might be different, that Naruto wouldn't fall into the trap of the game.
 
0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o
 
“I'm so excited! I'M SO EXCITED!” Naruto jumped in circles around Kiba and Shino.
 
“Dangit Naruto, save some energy for the streets!” Kiba attempted a grab at the hyperactive blond.
 
“So where are we gonna go, ne? ne?”
 
It was Kiba and Shino's day off work, but unluckily for them, the Uchiha asked for them to take Naruto out on the streets for some fun. The blond upon hearing this, was ecstatic and took to bouncing around them.
Finally, calming the blond the enough for them to get into the waiting car, they drove towards the busy downtown of Konohaville.
 
0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o
 
The trio sat outside a quaint little cafe, the two dark haired boys slumped in their chairs looking as if they were pet-sitting 101 dogs for 3 days. Kiba felt as if his soul was slowly escaping out of his mouth.
//Naruto futzing dragged us to every store along the main streets, browsed through them (not buying a thing). Then near lunchtime, we bumped into a pair of cute girls that appeared to know Naruto, which would have been nice `cept for the fact that they kept badgering us for information about the Uchiha. Finally we shushed them by buying them some jewelry in a nearby shop. But then after lunch, we accidentally ran into a green-clad, hop(1)-sprung, voice-of-a-loudspeaker, teeth-that-shine-like-1000-watt-bulbs paperboy that took to chasing after Naruto. Of course, since Shino and I were in charge of watching the damn bugger, we had to run after them as well. But boy, this fella had an insane amount of energy! After about 30 streets later, Kiba noticed Shino wasn't with him anymore. Turns out he went to buy some whiskey to act as a distraction for Lee, it worked. Thank God.//

The only thing Kiba couldn't understand was how the blond could still have so much energy left (probably even more than the crazy paperboy)!
Here he was, legs on fire, arms falling off, lungs probably burst, and oxygen deprived. Yet the blond was sitting there, happily slurping away at his bowl of noodles, and looking as refreshed as if he just woke up from a nap.
 
“Mmm, this stuff is soooo good.” Naruto said excitedly. “Kiba, Shino, you should really try this!”
 
“Futz…Naruto…I think….oxygen is…good for…now.” He wheezes out, then winces. “Maybe some…painkillers as…well.”
 
Shino merely just huffed a few times and shook his head.
 
Naruto tilted the bowl up and finished the contents. “Alright, but your missing out. I'm gonna go inside and get another bowl! I'll be right back.” With that, the blond got up and skipped back into the little store.
 
Meanwhile, a hooded figure that sat in the table next to them looked on with curiosity at the blond boy. He sipped his black java(2) and then turned his attention back to the two dark haired boys that are slowly recovering.
 
“You…ok there, Shino?”
 
“…”
 
“And how!(3) I'm ready to drop dead too. How'd we get stuck with Naruto in the first place?”
 
“… … …”
 
“Yeah, kinda weird that the Uchiha wanted us to take him out today. Wonder what he's up to.”
 
“…”
 
“You know, now that I think about it, he has been acting a little strange lately. Gawd, I actually saw him one time, smiling! He never smiles! Smirk; yes, smile; no! What is the world coming to?!”
 
“… …”
 
“WHAT! NO WAY! You're all wet!(4) He is NOT in love with Naruto. Have you forgotten what happened to all the others?! This time shouldn't be any different.”
 
“… … … …”
 
“Well, yeah, I guess he has kept Naruto longer than usual. Still! That doesn't mean anything.”
 
“…”
 
“I'M BACK! Sorry to make you fellas wait, the line was a bit long. Now, I present you: ramen!”
 
“Hey Peach Fuzz, I didn't order no noodles!”
 
“Aw, but Kiba, you gotta try them. They're really yummy!”
 
“…”
 
The hooded man watched the trio on with interest, his eyes trained on a certain blond, lips slowly curling into an evil grin. He finished his coffee, then slowly got up, brushing off his cloak. The sunlight suddenly passed across his hood, revealing a pale skin and a pair of glowing golden eyes. The man turned around and walked away from the trio, his grin growing larger on his face.
 
0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o
 
The smiling blond hummed a random tune as he wipes down Sasuke's desk. Though he was told he was not to touch the desk, it was getting quite dusty on the surface. A little wipe won't hurt, ne? Sasuke will probably be happy to have his desk cleaned, he thought with a cute smile.

//Hui, I have so much fun today! It's been a while since I went out on the streets. I guess Sasuke isn't that much of a bastard after all, he must have sensed how much I wanted to go out. Hehe.//
 
Naruto folded the rag in two and continued wiping; however, his hand accidentally knocked over a picture frame.
 
“Oops.” Naruto picked up the frame, he was about to put it back when the 4 figures catches his eye. He puts down the rag and brought the picture closer. `It's…Sasuke's family.' A handsome man in a suit has his arm around a beautiful woman's waist, her shapely figure was brought out by the fancy dress she was wearing. In front of the man was a young man that looked very similar to Sasuke, though his features seemed harder. The woman's hand was placed on the shoulder of a child…
It was a smiling Sasuke.
Naruto heart thumped. He gently placed his hands on the glass, and smiled back.
 
“Shouldn't you be in bed, Naruto?” Kakashi's voice came from the doorway.
 
`Ah!' Startled, Naruto hands fumbled, almost dropping the frame.
 
“I wouldn't touch the Uchiha's things if I were you.”
 
“Sorry Kakashi, the desk looked a little dusty. A little wiping wouldn't hurt, right?” The butler shrugged and Naruto placed the picture gently back on the desk, the smiles of the parents, in sync with Sasuke's, shone out at him.
`Sasuke looks so happy. Hmm, I don't think I've ever met his parents though. Where are they now?' He mused as he grabbed his rag and walked towards the door where Kakashi was standing.
 
“Ne Kakashi…where are the Uchiha's folks?”
 
Kakashi paused in his steps and looked at the blond incredulously, “I'm surprised you haven't heard about it. It was all over the papers a few years back.”
 
“Did something bad happen?” Naruto stared at the silver haired man in confusion.
 
Kakashi sighed and started his steps up again, “The Great Uchiha House Fire; it happened when Sasuke was 7. I remember that day like it was yesterday…It was a Tuesday, and I had just picked Sasuke up from the school. It looked like he was really excited to tell his parents something because he ran straight out of the car when we arrived at the mansion. Back then, all the members of the Uchiha family lived together in one building, it's ironic now since I realize how much of an easy target that was. After Sasuke ran in, a series of explosion went off throughout the mansions. Then the whole building was engulfed in flames. As I stared at the fire, I had thought over and over again that no one was going to make it out alive. But suddenly, out of the flames, Itachi walked out carrying Sasuke in his arms. It was a miracle, they were the only survivors; everyone else died. We think it was an assassination plot though we haven't found any evidence yet; however, whoever it was, succeeded in their plans, not a single body was left whole; all turned to ash. After that, I suppose Sasuke developed some sort of grudge against Itachi, he blamed him for only saving him, and not his parents. He never really got over their deaths…”
 
The silver haired butler sighed again, and glanced behind to see if Naruto was still paying attention.
What surprised him, though, are the dewy tears in his blue eyes, threatening to fall. Kakashi stops in his tracks and turned around.
 
“…Naruto…”
 
The blond quickly brought his sleeve up to wipe his eyes. “H-He must've been really lonely.”
 
For a second, Kakashi widened his eyes at the comment; then closed his eyes and smiled.
He slowed down a little so Naruto could come beside him, and he put his hand upon the blond head. “You're a good kid Naruto.”
 
“E-Eh?”
 
Kakashi laughed, “Come on, you should go to bed now; don't want to stunt your growth. We wouldn't want people to mistake you for a schoolchild.”
 
“Why you-!”
 
0o0o0o0o0o0o0o
 
Sand, lots of sand. Naruto was dying…
He was crawling through the sandy dunes of the great Sahara desert, rasping out; “Water…water…so thirsty.” Just when he thought he was gonna die on the white hot sand. The brightness somehow turned dark, and the sky was replaced with the walls of his room at the mansion.
 
Naruto sat up in his bed, `A dream!'
 
He swallowed, but discovered that he was in fact parched. Deciding that a glass of water would be good right now, he got up and put on a housecoat, then quietly slipped out of his room and made his way out of his room and into the kitchen.
 
`Ahhhh…that hit the spot.' Satisfied, Naruto rinsed the glass and puts it back into the cupboard. He yawned and gets ready to head back to his room.
 
Walking though the hallway, Naruto noticed a faint glow coming from Sasuke's study.
`That's funny, it's the middle of the night. He shouldn't be still up.'
Naruto walked up to the door, there was a crack where the light was seeping through. He peers inside, scanning the room.
 
What he saw; took his breath away.
 
The clear, bright full moon seen through the large windows, that were usually covered, illuminated the whole room. The moonlight outlined the silhouette of the person sitting on the windowsill, his glowing outline of his face contrasted against the night sky. He looked so beautiful, like an unearthly divine being; perceived in the mind but unreachable to all. But what was most breathtaking was his eyes, those usual dark unemotional eyes, were now revealing a whirlpool of emotions.
Naruto's arm unconsciously reached up, wanting to have some sort of contact with this being. The door creaked, breaking the silence.
Sasuke's head turned towards the sound, his eyes quickly clearing up.
 
“Who's there?”
 
Naruto pushed open the door; not saying a word, just stared silently at Sasuke.
 
“Naruto? What are you doing up?” The Uchiha gets off the ledge and walked towards the blond.
 
The said blond lowered his gaze, averting his eyes away from Sasuke, and fidgets.
 
Sasuke smirkes, and comes right up to the blond. “Coming to look for me in the middle of the night, you know, that makes me wonder…”
He bends down, placing his lips right next to Naruto's ear, “Have you fallen for me?”
 
He draws up; face placed a few centimeters from Naruto's, waiting for his reaction.
 
Naruto slowly brings his head up, then slowly raises his gaze towards Sasuke's own.
Sasuke's eyes widened, breath hitched in his throat. Those bright cerulean eyes were impossibly clear, its gaze bore into him; passing through his protective layers and embracing his most inner self. It was though he could see everything, and understood it all; and was wordlessly saying `it's alright, it's okay, I understand.'
Naruto reaches up and gently brushes his fingers across his cheeks, smudging the trail of tears that he didn't even realize he shed.
 
“Don't cry.” With that, Naruto stood on his tiptoes, brought his face close enough that one could count each golden lash; and placed his lips on Sasuke's in a gentle kiss. Had Naruto's eyes not been closed, he would have seen Sasuke's eyes shot wide, clear and true; revealing all his welled up emotions.
 
Sasuke's arms wrapped around Naruto's slim body; closing his eyes, he surrendered to the warmth.
 
All that night, the two clung to each other; uniting over and over again. The moon their only witness.
 
0o0o0o0o0o0o0o
 
(1) hop - opiate or marijuana
(2) java - coffee but I'm sure everyone knew that already :P
(3) And how! - I agree!
(4) all wet - incorrect
 
A/N: X3 Oh dear, I just can't do lemons… -sigh- I am such a sappy/corny writer.
Anyways, on another note: It is now March Break! Woooot, no school. This whole week I'll probably be working on my costume for Anime North. I'm going as Sakura from Tsubasa Chronicle (her costume on the cover of ch.100 [Vol.14]). Sigh, it'll be a lot of work. My cousin is going as Syoaran, she's like a few years younger than me but is still taller. How sad is that? T.T
 
Ah, if anyone hasn't seen the new fanart yet. Here it is (please comment if you have a deviant account!):
 
Naruto's New Uniform: http (:) // www (.) deviantart (.) com / deviation / 48941289 /
Naruto's Smile: http (:) // www (.) deviantart (.) com / deviation / 50086435 /
 
Next chappie will be pretty exciting, a 1920's party, teehee. Please look forward to it!
Next Update: Probably before March 16, 2007.