Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ A Beautiful Occurrence ❯ Two furry ears, four soft paws and nine tails! Part 2 ( Chapter 7 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Edited by Obscure Omen
Disclaimer: Naruto is © to Kishimoto, a Japanese mangaka.
A SasuNaru story. A slow kind.
Wow, what a response—and a very mix response, at that! This would never have happened if I didn't post chapter six separately.
 
You guys will find the rest of this chapter is actually different from what you think (or it will be exactly what you think).
 
Excerpt from part 1:
 
The cub, sensing its mother's warm milk nearby, nuzzled closer, and when it finally got the nipple, it calmed down.
 
Naruto smiled in relief.
 
That was easy.
 
His first lesson in handling his child: Success.
 
Chapter 6: 2 furry ears, 4 soft paws and..9 tails! Part 2
 
After a while, his hand had begun to numb, but his son was still eating his food—he couldn't possibly put the baby down, or he would start whimpering again. Hoping for inspiration, Naruto looked around him.
 
And inspiration he got.
 
Picking up an abandoned bandage, he wrapped it around his torso loosely with the cub trapped between his chest and the bandage, kinda like a kangaroo pouch, but not exactly. Sensing no protest from his son, Naruto beamed to himself. Now he could move freely with his son secured to his bosom.
 
Satisfied with that, he started to clean himself again all the while massaging his already numb legs—he really needed to stand up, or the blood cycle in his legs wouldn't flow normally.
 
So slowly he stood up and put on a loose pair of pants; he decided to go shirtless for now so he wouldn't suffocate his son. With all the strength that he could muster, Naruto went to the fireplace to throw in some more wood, seeing that the fire had started to fade.
 
It had finally dark again by the time Naruto had finished cleaning himself and his cub thoroughly, made something simple to eat, and put aside the wet blankets—to manage to do all that right after giving birth was quite an achievement, although it took Naruto almost all day to complete the tasks.
 
When he was finally finished, he couldn't even lift his tired eyelids anymore; he was grateful his son didn't make any more distressed sounds, which meant he could sleep peacefully. Settling in for the night, the mother-and-son pair fell asleep together.
 
90000000000000000000000000000009000000000000000000000000000000000 9000
 
Naruto's routine was slightly changed after his labour. Before, he usually woke up when the rooster crowed, but now he couldn't even hear it because he was so tired—healing and managing himself with his son strapped to his chest took almost all of his energy.
 
Now he only woke up when he felt his son bite his nipple a little too hard when feeding.
 
When he finally decided to wake up, he would clean himself first—he was still bleeding from the labour—clean his son, boil water for ramen, eat his breakfast, and go back to sleep. He would wake up again when the day had begun to turn dark to throw firewood on the bonfire and eat dinner. After that, he promptly went back to sleep.
 
And the cycle went on for almost four days.
 
On the fourth day, he felt incredulously energetic. Deciding that today was the day he should face the day again, Naruto stepped out of the cave.
 
The sky was blue, the sun was shining, birds were chirping, the grass looked so very green, squirrels were running about, and he could hear the river stream nearby.
 
All was right in the world again.
 
“Ahhhhhhhhh…..” he let out a contented sigh. “This is perfect.” He was not in pain anymore, the bleeding had stopped, he felt energized, and his son was comfortably sleeping on his chest.
 
Nothing could be more perfect to him than this moment in time.
 
Well, maybe if his body changed back to normal—as in he got to loose the v-thing and his breasts. Wait, not the breasts, only the v-thing. His son still needed his milk, so he needed the breasts.
 
What an embarrassing thought. Naruto blushed heatedly. Shaking his head to get that thought out of his head, Naruto made up his mind.
 
Whaaaaaaatever! If the body parts are going to stay, they are going to stay. If they are not, they won't. I don't care anymore. Like I can do anything about it.
 
Not letting that thought bring down his brilliant mood, Naruto inhaled deeply and exhaled loudly, letting out the heavy burden he felt almost six months ago.
 
He grinned stupidly, lightly skipping to the riverbed; he wanted to take a bath—a real bath—and take a look at his fish trap. If he was lucky, he could have grilled fish for dinner.
 
Upon arriving, he could see the trap was full of fish.
 
Life was just peachy.
 
90000000000000000000000000000000000000900000000000000000000000000 0000009
 
On the tenth day, there was a surprise waiting for Naruto.
 
He was sleeping soundly as usual—it was still early, and even the rooster hadn't started crowing yet—when he felt something crawling on his face.
 
Immediately, he opened his eyes and was surprised to see that there was a cute, wet snout directly in front of his eyes. Then, there were eyes.
 
Black-jet, diamond-like eyes, looking curiously at him, albeit being slightly unfocused.
 
His heart skipped a beat.
 
Does he recognize me?
 
He waited with bated breath for his son's next action. However, the cub didn't move an inch; he just looked at Naruto so intensely that it was like he was trying to memorize the face in front of him, and that made Naruto understand.
 
Ah… So he does know me.
 
His son recognized him and was trying to imprint his image in his tiny head.
 
Naruto picked up the cub from his face gently—he felt dizzy watching him from such a very close distance right before his eyes—and put it on his palm.
 
Tenderly, he kissed the baby, who was now nudging insistently on his finger—with his new eyesight, he found the moving fingers very exciting.
 
“I know now. I'll call you Ryu for Ryuunosuke. Uzumaki Ryuunosuke.” Naruto announced loudly as if the cub could understand him.
 
He kissed Ryu again.
 
Ahhh…. It felt good to call his son by his name. Naruto had been contemplating his son's name for so long that he felt relieved to finally have decided on it after he saw Ryu's black eyes.
 
Those black eyes just reminded him of dragons that he always read about in Chinese legends.(1)
 
And he thought that a dragon's spirit just fit his son perfectly, hopefully.
 
90000000000000000000000000000090000000000000000000000000000000000 09000
 
A week went by with nothing much happening. Even though Ryu-chan had fully developed all his senses, like all other fox kits, he just ate and slept the days away. Occasionally, when he was awake, he would try to move, but he was too weak to do that. All that he could do was lift his head, look around himself—taking in his surroundings—and, if he wanted his mother's attention, he would nudge Naruto insistently with his snout.
 
But by 14 days, Ryu had gained enough strength to move a little by rolling about his body. This, however, almost made Naruto have a heart attack, because the first time Ryu tried his rolling stunt, he almost dropped off from Naruto's torso. (Naruto had been lying on the blanket, so he let Ryu move freely on his torso).
 
Since now he had the ability to move around, Ryu was restless when he was put into the bandage “pouch,” so Naruto often put him on the pillow instead. Ryu would happily play around on the pillow with himself or, if present, his mother's fingers.
 
Roll, roll, tumble. Roll, roll, tumble—the cub did it constantly.
 
Every now and then, Naruto would poke the cub so that he rolled back when he was dangerously close to the edge of the pillow.
 
When the cub was tired of playing, he would whimper and make this “yip-yip” sound to announce that he was hungry and sleepy. Already familiar with his son's signal, Naruto would easily pick him up and take him back to his bosom for feeding.
 
And the cub would once again resume his sleep after he was full.
 
The rolling and tumbling went on for few more days. Along the way, Ryu had learned to clean himself. It was still funny for Naruto to watch his son cleaning all of his nine tails and becoming frustrated when Naruto touched him when he was in the cleaning process—he would hiss and puff out his tails to show his frustration.
 
Only when he was three weeks old did Ryu start to take his baby steps. Naruto watched in wonder when his son tried to walk with his shaky legs on the fluffy pillow and fell, unsuccessful, every time—the soft pillow just couldn't support him properly.
 
Taking pity on his son, Naruto put him on the blanket instead, which had a firmer surface than the fluffy pillow.
 
Ryu lifted his head to look at his mother. Taking a tentative sniff of his mother's smell, he tried walking towards Naruto. After a few difficult steps, he managed to reach Naruto's leg and promptly nudged it with his snout, whimpering slightly as if to tell his mother that he had just finished a tough job and now was tired—he wanted to eat and sleep.
 
Naruto just laughed at his son's antics and gave him exactly what he wanted: milk and a warm spot to sleep.
 
90000000000000000000000000000000009000000000000000000000000000000 000009
 
It was a great joy for Naruto to see his son growing gradually before his very eyes. From the day he gave birth until now--Ryu-chan was already a month old today—he never left the cave without his son, which meant that he rarely left the cave. Since he had not gone out hunting as before, his source of food was from the fish and animal traps that his clones set up. It was not that he couldn't go hunting—he had already healed completely—but he was afraid to leave his son alone or bring him to go hunting.
 
He would rather stay in the cave, watching his son play or meditating; meditating was his alternative method of training.
 
However, since his son had learned to walk, that little fox had tried countless times to escape his guard to play outside; that cub was too curious for his own good. And now that he was a month old, he was getting more anxious of the outside world, which in turn made him more eager to escape Naruto's guard.
 
Every time Naruto caught him, he would protest by producing a distressed “yip-yip” sound and trying to bite Naruto's hand.
 
And every time, Naruto would only kiss him on the head and promise his son that he would take him out when he was a little bigger.
 
If only Naruto was not a ninja, then that cub could've already escaped. But foxes were quite cunning creatures by nature. So, ninja or not, without Naruto knowing, Ryu finally got his freedom.
 
That morning was not like any other morning—it was more noon than morning, actually, since the sun was already high. Naruto woke up late because he was tired from the activities the day before; he had had to carry gallons of water from the river to the cave, back and forth, for his reserves. After stretching a bit, he bent his head to give a kiss to his son as usual, only to find the spot that his son always occupied to be empty.
 
As quick as his ninja reflexes allowed, he sprung to his feet, in search of his son. But what he found was not what he expected at all.
 
There, out in the open, on the green grass, was his son, rolling around happily. At times, he stopped rolling just to catch his own tails. (2)
 
It was such a truly fascinating scene to see that Naruto forgot about his earlier panicked state. And he was not the only one that thought the scene was fascinating. The rooster was also rooted to the spot, watching.
 
The cub yipped to the rooster while rolling around, and the rooster crowed back as an answer. It was like they were having a conversation with each other.
 
Ah…I get it. He's trying to make friends. And with that blasted rooster, no less.
 
Naruto sighed. He gave up. He might as well let his son play outside, or else he would sneak around like this again.
 
So, from that day onwards, the two—three, if one included the rooster, who always tagged along—could be spotted roaming around the forest.
 
Naruto did as best as he could as a human-parent to teach his animal-son the way of living.
 
90000000000000000000000000000000000000000000900000000000000000000 0000009
 
At four months old, Ryu had become as big as a normal cat, and he had long stopped drinking milk from his mother—he could even hunt for himself! Although Naruto insisted on hunting together, Ryu would try every trick he knew to go by himself or with his best friend—the rooster.
 
He wanted to be independent, but his mother refused to understand that.
 
Naruto knew Ryu tried to be independent, but Ryu didn't understand that he was undergoing some changes.
 
At first, Naruto was worried sick that his son might have contracted some deadly disease when he noticed that Ryu's fur was falling out. But then, after some time, he also noticed that Ryu's feature looked more human. He was rapidly losing the fur on his back and on his front.
 
By the time he reached six months old, he looked exactly like a human-child, except for his furry ears and nine tails. If before he could climb a tree like an expert, now he was back to crawling on all fours—like a normal child, just more hyper and with nine bushy tails!
 
He had taken a human form little by little. Now, he had a human face with a cute, button nose, black hair, black eyes, and chubby legs and arms.
 
In other words, Ryu was cute beyond words.
 
90000000000000000000090000000000000000000009000000000000000000000 0000009
 
Naruto hadn't expected Ryu to be able to speak a human language, since he was a fox at birth, so Naruto was thrown another surprise when Ryu uttered his first word.
 
“Da,” Ryu said.
 
“Huh? Say that again, Ryu.”
 
“Da.” A short pause. Then: “Dada. Dada. Dada.” The half-boy chuckled happily at his accomplishment.
 
“Yes! That's right. I'm your Dada. Dada.” Naruto pointed to himself. “Ryu.” He touched the boy's nose.
 
“Dada. Dada. Dada,” was Ryu's chirpy reply.
 
Naruto laughed. He would teach his son other words next time—he was already content with Ryu's first word, although he didn't have any idea where the boy got it from.
 
90000000000000000000000000000000000090000000000000000000000000000 009
 
Ryu's second word came shortly after. He was playing with his best friend when he called the rooster “Kuku.”(3)
 
“Kuku. Kuku. Kuku. Kuku,” Ryu shouted to the world while trying to imitate the rooster's flapping motions.
 
90000000000000000000000000000000000090000000000000000000000000000 009
 
The months flew by too quickly—and soon the time period that Tsunade had given him was up. Naruto realized that he needed to go back to Konoha, or else he and his son would have to be refugees.
 
As a parent, he didn't want that to happen to his son. So the best option he could take was to return to Konoha.
 
As Naruto looked at his son, who was busy painting the cave wall with pictures, he thought of how lucky it was that his son had fully transformed into a human; Ryu had lost his fox ears and tails.
 
Now, he really looked like a normal child.
 
“Ryu, come here to Dada.” Naruto made a motion with his hands. Ryu turned his head disinterestedly, seeming to consider his father's command. Rising slowly from his sitting position, Ryu made his way—still walking shakily—to the waiting arms of his father.
 
“Ryu, Dada wants to bring you to meet someone. She's the one who gave you these clothes and shoes. Do you want to go?” Naruto said, pointing to the clothes and shoes accordingly.
 
“Go! Go!” Ryu repeated his father's word.
 
“Okay, let's go then.”
 
90000000000000000000000000000000000000000090000000000000000000000 00009
 
“What do you mean, she's not here anymore? Did she move to another village? What about her ramen shop?” Naruto bombarded the new shop owner with questions. He was exasperated when he was told Kagura-chan was nowhere to be found.
 
“Err… Excuse me, sir, but are you a relative?”
 
“Eh… No. I'm her friend.”
 
Her pregnant buddy, to be exact.
 
“Well, I don't want to be the one who tell you this bad news, but…Kagura-chan passed away almost ten months ago.”
 
“Passed away? I—I don't know what to say. I never thought she would...”
 
“Yeah, we didn't, either. She was so excited about her pregnancy, too. That poor child… She took her husband's death so badly that she miscarriaged.”
 
Miscarriage?
 
“Miscarriage? But she was healthy when I last saw her.”
 
“I guess her depression affected her health.”
 
Oh.
 
“Oh. Err... Thank you for telling me. I think I better be going now.”
 
“No problem, young man. Here, take this onigiri. Your child looks very hungry. He has been eyeing the onigiri for awhile.” The shop man ended his speech with a laugh.
 
“Thank you. He's probably hungry. Here, Ryu. Onigiri.”
 
“Giri, giri!” Ryu excitedly put the exciting-looking food into his mouth.
 
“Is it that good?”
 
“Hmm… Good. Good. Dada, giri good.”
 
“What a bright child you have here. Do you want to come into my shop? I can give you some more onigiri.”
 
“Ahhh… Thank you, but we have a long journey ahead of us. It's better if we start early.”
 
“Where are you two heading?”
 
“Konoha.”
 
90000000000000000000000000000000000000000000090000000000000000000 0000009
 
 
If I'm not mistaken, Ryu means dragon. Ryu's eyes reminded naruto of dragon so he named his son as Ryu.
That is called charming. Foxes do that to attract attention. So cute!
Kuku is a phonetic sound of Cuckoo. Ryu made that sounds because he heard the rooster crowed so he tried to imitate it.
 
 
 
Okay, that's the end of chapter six. Very long, if I say so myself.
 
Well, I hope everybody enjoyed this.
 
Sasuke will make an appearance in the next chapter.
 
Next chapter:
 
Chapter 7: Sss Sasuke the Sexy Seducer