Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ A Better Start ❯ A Better Teacher ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wow. College sucks. I have been writing paper after paper for my English class, followed by projects and tests from my other courses. I just really haven't felt like finishing this chapter up till now. That really is what the reviews are for, to remind me to keep typing. Speaking of reviews, let's get to those!
DkAnthny: I won't be stopping this story unless I run out of ideas. I'd rather not talk too much on the pairing, to give the rest of the readers a sense of romantic suspense. But thanks for the encouragement!
Kagenin: Again, this story is not dead and I haven't just used Orochimaru's resurrection technique to bring it back alive for only a short while. It still lives on! And I was going to save that bit until the next chapter when they get used to the schedule. But for all the people who are actually reading this A/N I'll give you a treat and divulge a bit of info pertaining to Kagenin's question. The Sandaime is pretty much redoing the whole ninja training and teaming system with Naruto's class as the guinea pigs. Throughout the training arcs the students will be placed together into differing teams and sent off on missions with different teachers. This may include some single student and teacher pairings, I haven't completely decided yet. And thanks for the compliment!
ApexPredator: Thank you!
chm01: Thanks, and sorry if it seemed like she disliked him or something. With Mikoto I'm trying to get her to keep some of the personality from the canon Sasuke. I might have laid it on a little thick it seems but I just wanted to give her an attitude.
 
Chapter 7
The group of neo-ninja had split up to go their own separate ways half an hour ago. Naruto was sitting in his own personal stool at the greatest food stand in all of the Elemental Countries, Ichiraku's. He had spent the first twenty minutes of his visit retelling the events of the day do the owner and his teenage daughter. He hadn't even ordered any ramen until he had finished his story, so that he wouldn't be distracted by the food. But now that he had gotten his story out of the way he was happily eating his second bowl of rameny goodness.
“Hey Naruto?” Teuchi Ichiraku asked as he stepped back into the kitchen from the back room, wiping his hands.
“Hmm?” Naruto responded through his mouthful of ramen.
“I was wondering if you could do a taste test of a new flavor I wanted to try out, free of course.”
Naruto polished off his current bowl. “Sure! I could always go for some free ramen!”
Teuchi laughed and brought out a new steaming bowl, and Naruto could already see that it was so full that there was food sticking out at the top. “Holly crap!” he exclaimed when it was placed in front of him, causing the only other customer in the establishment to look at him strangely.
“I've had this idea for a while now and have wanted to try it out. The theme is a `whole day's meal in one sitting'. It has every food group stuffed in there, and enough nutrients to get a person through a whole day. This could also be the `Challenge dish', where customers can come and try to beat the record number of bowls that the current champion ate. If they win then the meal is free. What do you think?” He looked back at Naruto, only to realize he was already half way through his newest challenge.
“Ms ood!” He still had a mouthful of the noodles, so he couldn't speak clearly. Even so, Teuchi understood him clearly. If a customer would obviously rather continue eating than talk it was a compliment.
“Ho ho, well then as of today that dish is now on the menu!”
---------------
Both Mikoto and Kimiko had headed straight home after leaving the Academy. They weren't extremely tired, but they weren't bundles of limitless energy like some people. Kimiko was slouched against the chair in the living room, holding a drink in her left hand, her right dangling over the arm rest. Mikoto was sprawled across the couch looking over a scroll she had in her hands.
They had been sitting there in relative silence for over half an hour and Kimiko's glass was beginning to get low. “Hey…?” it was the first noise they had heard and it startled both of them, even if Kimiko was the one that said it.
“Hnn?” Mikoto glanced at her, but her gaze eventually rested back on her current piece of literature.
“Like, since we're gonna be ninjas-“
Mikoto decided that it was her duty to correct her companion. “No this is just the equivalent of what the civilians call college, for ninjas.”
“Oookay… but still, do you think they will let us stop using the Academy uniform?”
“Hnn, I suppose it would be a good idea to get used to any armor or other equipment. The standard material that material for ninja clothing is known to be difficult to move in at first.” Mikoto had laid her scroll across her lap so she could look at Kimiko better. “Maybe we should ask when we meet the new teachers tomorrow.”
“Sounds good to me.” They both heard the footsteps before the door opened.
“Hello?” Naruto had finally trudged his way to his current place of residence.
“In the living room!” Kimiko shouted as Mikoto brought her scroll back up to her face and continued reading. As soon as Naruto stepped into the room Kimiko held out her glass to him. “Could you get me some more tea?”
Naruto shrugged and took the glass. “You want anything?” he asked to the girl lying on `his bed'.
“Hnn. The same.”
When he came back from the kitchen he handed them their glasses and plopped down on the ground, leaning back against the fireplace holding his own glass.
“So, Ichiraku's added a new flavor to their menu. It was awesome, it had….” The girls had rolled their eyes but didn't say anything to stop him, just quietly tuning it out, occasionally nodding or `hnn'ing in Mikoto's case.
----------------
The next morning Naruto had woken up early, well early for him so he was up at seven. After stretching for a bit he got up from his place on the couch and make his way to the bathroom. He was only a handle turn away from entering when a voice boomed in his head.
“STOP!!!!”
This scared the hell out of him, causing him to jump back from the door as if it had burned him. “What the hell?! What's with the yelling so early in the morning?”
“Listen. Tell me what you hear?” Kyuubi was shaking her head in the confines of Naruto's mind, a surprisingly big place.
Naruto was quiet for a moment. “Running water?”
“Exactly.” That should have solved the problem, but this is Naruto. If it doesn't have anything to do with training he'll forget it in a heartbeat.
“So?” Kyuubi palmed her face and paced around her chair.
“What happened yesterday morning? Twice? her exasperation was palpable at this point.
Naruto stood in front of the bathroom door, head tilted to the side and arms crossed. “Hmm………Hmmmm…..Hmmmm…. uh was it that I….uh…..hmmm..morning…morning…….”
“We have got to do something about your rationalizing speeds, `cuz this is getting ridiculous. You walked in on the other two while they were in the bathroom.”`Damn selective photographic memory, only remembering what he wants to remember. Hmm, maybe if we can increase the number of electron pathways and their width we wouldn't have this problem. We'll have to talk about this the next time we meet face to………spirit to spirit.'
A look of understanding shot across Naruto's face. “Oh yeah! And then they both….ah, I see what you mean. Water running equals someone in there. Since there are only 3 of us, and it's not me in there means it's one of the girls. If I open the door now my chances of getting pummeled are 1:1.”
“Exactly. It is understandable that you wouldn't think to check since you've lived alone for most of your life, but now you live with others, and they're girls. Which just means that you have a lot to learn as to not get killed by a conflict that could have been avoided? The two of them were so into their own conversation that they didn't notice the water stop, or the door open.
-------------
Mikoto was having a rather pleasant morning. Waking up just before the alarm clock could begin its morning racket. Having such a small case of bed hair that it was inconsequential. Getting to open a fresh, new bar of soap and even a new bottle of her favorite shampoo. The only roadblocks in her perfect morning was that she had yet to eat, and this. Her only male house mate as standing directly in front of the bathroom door seemingly lost to the world.
It was also then that she realized that her morning wasn't exactly as perfect as it had started. As she stood in front of Naruto she realized that she had seemingly grabbed one of the smaller body towels. Oh, it covered everything that needed to be covered. But it left everything else out in the open. She might as well have been in just a one piece swim suit. Now, Mikoto isn't a shy or prude girl, she wore a bikini to the pool and the lake whenever the class went there for lessons and practice in swimming. It's just that she preferred to be covered any other time, like the Uchiha clan had taught her. “Flaunt your superiority only when publically acceptable.”
Mikoto did not believe that stepping out of a bathroom in a scant towel was publically acceptable.
`If only I knew the Shunshin, I wouldn't have to go through this.' “Hey retard” Mikoto started as she nudged him back, getting him to snap out of his trance. “Might want to wait a minute, I used up most of the hot water.” She quickly brushed past him and rushed into her room.
Naruto stood there like an idiot for a whole minute. “Does that even count as a towel?” he got no response, but it was a rhetorical question anyway.
------------
Naruto was crouched in front of his new duffle bag, stuffed with the new clothes that the Sandaime had sent for him. He was rummaging through the bag, searching for something to wear today seeing as how his favorite jump suit was on its last leg. “Why isn't there anything ORANGE? Everyone knows that my favorite color is orange, it's bright and happy.” If anyone had heard his reasoning for this they wouldn't even bother arguing about it, labeling him as a lost cause in the fashion world. “Forget it, my suit can take a few more days, long enough for me to get a new one.”
Grabbing a white undershirt and a pair of boxers and socks he walked to the bathroom door. He was about to open it when he stopped.
“Lesson learned.” Kyuubi smiled contentedly, she wouldn't have to heal anything this morning.
Naruto listened for a moment, trying to pick up any sound, which he did. “Damn! I just left for a minute and the bathroom got jacked again!”
Mikoto stepped out of her room, completely dressed in the Academy's girl uniform(1). “Damn you're slow.” that was all she was going to say, apparently, as she walked off to the kitchen.
Naruto sighed and trudged off to the living room and dropped his clothes onto his `bed'. Walking into the kitchen he opened up the cabinet and pulled out a package of noodles. As he started boiling the water for his noodles he noticed the girl across from him sitting at the dining table looking at him strangely while eating her bowl of hot cereal(2).
--------
`Hnn. I have to start thinking about my plans for the rebirth of the clan. The Hokage's talk the other day only cemented the fact that I will need to start `window shopping' as the harpies at school call it.' Taking another bite of her food she thought about her problem a little more. `It would obviously need to be someone close to my age, the thought of being with someone of Iruka's age or older doesn't seem to sit well in my stomach. That narrows it down some I suppose. That would mean someone from around my classes age, but there are just so many people my age due to the Baby Boomers of the last generation. Hn, it also won't speed up the restoration of the clan any faster if I have multiple husbands since I am the only one to give birth to a true Uchiha. Okay, two issues down and I don't even want to know how many more to go.'
---------
Naruto sat down at the table with his fully cooked meal of ramen, shrugging off the look that the dark haired girl seemed to have. He had noticed that her eyes didn't follow him as he moved about in the kitchen, meaning that she was just staring off into space. `Mmmmmm ramen……..' that was as complex as Naruto's thought process was in the presence of the `Food from the Gods Themselves'.
----------
Kimiko stood in front of the full body mirror that hung from the bathroom wall, directly across from the shower and tub. It was slightly fogged over but that is nothing a swipe of the hand won't fix. It wasn't just the fact that she was standing in front of a mirror that was noteworthy, it was that she was completely naked. She pressed her breasts up, then together, testing them. Then she turned slightly to the side doing the same for her second cheeks, testing them too. “Hmm, maybe I should move up to a B cup(3)? I have felt a little tight lately, so it wouldn't hurt anything. But my butt or my hips don't seem to have grown, I haven't decided if that's a good or bad thing yet. Overall? For being 13 I don't think I would be wrong saying that I am going to be attractive. I'll have no problem getting the guy I….um eventually…like to notice me.” Even to her own self she couldn't say her own feelings out loud without pausing and rewording them, if that isn't denial then I don't know what is.
After drying her hair and wrapping herself in a towel she opened the bathroom and took a step out. That was as far as she got. She immediately noticed a presence next to her, drawing her gaze. There stood Naruto holding a bundle of clothes, leaned up against the wall. “What the hell took you thirty minutes to do in the shower?”
And again, Naruto made another mistake when it comes to women that you are currently living with. As proved by our resident red head, who had just punched Naruto in the solar plexus, knocking the wind out of him and bringing him to his knees. “You jerk! What I do in my house, my shower is none of your concern!” and she stormed off to her room.
Naruto couldn't help but notice the similarities between his first encounter with both girls this morning. The only difference was the pain, oh the pain.
Kyuubi sighed “Well there goes my healing free morning……”
----------
All of the students that had passed the series of tests yesterday sat in their usual seats. All of them were on time, all of them were awake, okay Shikamaru doesn't count, all of them were wearing their uniforms, and again Naruto doesn't count since his was burnt to a crisp in the fires. And all of them were bored out of their minds.
Iruka had shown up at the usual class time and told the class that their other teachers should be showing up soon, and then promptly took a nap at his desk. That had been over half an hour ago.
The majority of the class was going to start complaining, loudly, when they heard an aggravated shout from just down the hall followed by heavy, angry footfalls. The door slammed open to reveal a tall blonde woman, an even taller white haired man, a purple haired woman, a midsized man with a cigarette, a black haired woman with bright red eyes and a brown haired man with a bandana style headband.
When he heard the door slam open Iruka jolted from his position at his desk to stand next to the new group of adults. “What took you guys so long? And where is Kakashi?”
This only seemed to make the female blond even angrier. ”We waited half a FUCKING hour for the little shit and he still hasn't shown up!” Iruka noticed that that answered both questions.
“So should we start without him then? He is known to be late by several hours after all.” Asuma shifted his wait to his other foot and blew a ring of smoke, seemingly not paying attention to both women beside him and the blatant no smoking sign that everyone knew was posted all around the school.
Kurenai blew the smoke away from her face with a wave of her hand. “That may be best. It would take him less time to introduce himself when he gets here than it would for us to wait for him.”
The purple haired woman stepped up to the front of the class, uninhibited by the looks she was getting due to her attire. “Listen up you little shits, the names Anko Mitarashi! I am a Special Jonin, specializing in assassination and interrogation.” Stepping back she nudged the other dark haired woman forward while the majority of the students took note of her Anko's behavior, and her use of profanity in front of them.
Taking her example as the template for the introductions the woman introduced herself. “My name is Kurenai Yuuhi. I am a newer Jonin then than the others and I specialize in the art of Genjutsu.”
“Ooh ooh, me, me!” The tall white haired man rushed up to the front of the classroom, stepping into a weird stance. “They call me a man among man, one that women flock to whenever they see my face. One of the Three Sages, teacher of the Fourth Hokage and author of the book series that has sold more copies than there are people! The Legendary, The Gre-oomph!” the man never got the chance to finish his song and dance, due to his face being lodged in the ceiling.
The one that put him there addressed the young teens. “That's Jiraya, and I'm Tsunade. We are both a part of the Sannin. If you've studied your history then I won't have to introduce myself further.”Most of the students jabbered to each other, with Ino poking Shikamaru awake so she could converse with him too.
“Oh yeah, I was trained by the other Sannin, FYI.” Anko just wanted to get a piece of the spotlight too, or at least that's what everyone seemed to think. Which she did, since the classes chatter seemed to increase after her statement.
“Cough, cough…Uh I'm Hayate Gekkou, Jonin, Kenjutsu specialist cough.” The bandana wearing one spoke from the group, revealing why he had a sword strapped to his back.
The other man scratched at his short beard. “The names Asuma Sarutobi, I was a member of the 13 Guardians that protect the Daimyo. My weapons of choice are my trench knives, and if I had to pick a specialty…I would say that I'm pretty good at protection missions judging by the fact that I was entrusted to guard the Daimyo.”
Anko snorted. “You don't have to rub it in our faces, Beardy.”
Iruka gave a silent chuckle and stepped forward himself. “You all know me but for just for the heck of it I'll give it a go too. I am Iruka Umino, a Chunin Academy instructor here in the village. Before I stepped off the battle field and into the classroom I was an Infiltration specialist. I don't really have any particular special weapon, but if I had to name one it would have to be my mind.”
Tsunade nodded to him.”Leave it to an Academy instructor to give a detailed and to the point introduction. You all have another teacher but he seems to have a problem with getting to places on time. Now then, you have all been briefed on the general schedule?” When she received a round of shaking heads she sighed. Why was she the one doing all the talking again? Crack “OOMPH!” Jiraya had finally pried himself from his place in the ceiling. Oh yeah, it was because there are worse people to do it than her. Sigh “The schedule for each day shall be split into three parts. Every morning is the general education and infiltration with Iruka, then is the teacher of the day's lessons, and last would be the specialized lessons. On Mondays is Hayate's turn, followed by Kurenai on Tuesdays, then Asuma on Wednesdays, on Thursdays is Anko. On Fridays is the spot for the teacher that isn't here followed by Jiraya, and then me. Everyone got that? Good.” She hadn't even waited for the class to nod or speak in affirmation before she carried on.
“I am sure that you are curious as to whom you will be doing your specialized training so I don't plan on keeping you in suspense any longer.” She looked back at the group of present teachers. “Want to just say them ourselves so they know who to go with?” She was met with shrugs and nods. “Okay then. The group that I will be training for the third part of each-“ Poof
“Yo. Sorry I'm late. It's a funny story really, you see-” “Kakashi.” Said man looked to his side to see that he had appeared right next to Tsunade. She didn't look pleased. At all.
“Just introduce yourself and name your students. You came late so you can go first.” The woman was clearly irritated, but didn't bother reprimanding him.
“Sure.” Looking back to the group of students he smiled, or at least the class thought it was a smile. They could only see a quarter of his face. “I am Kakashi Hatake, Special Jonin and former ANBU captain. I have a lot of things I like and a few things that I don't. I have some hobbies. I also have dreams. I specialize in tracking and have a talent Ninjutsu. The students under my care are Kiba Inuzuka and Mikoto Uchiha.” Satisfied with himself he stepped back and pulled out a book to read.
Kiba groaned. “I should have seen it coming, placed with the tracker.” Mikoto just Hnn-ed like she usually does, but watched the man for a moment more before looking out the window.
Tsunade shook her head at the scarecrows mannerisms. “Okay then, my group consists of two girls, Sakura and Hinata.” The two nodded to her, which was reciprocated back.
Anko stepped forward again, her tan coat fluttering dangerously. “I got lucky with this one, I only got one brat. Sousuke, you get the pleasure of being my punching post.”
Sousuke stood to attention and saluted. “I look forward to working with you in the future Ma'am!”
Anko's grin just seemed to get wider and more maniacal, but she didn't say anything more, just chuckling to herself. Sousuke took this as a sign to be seated.
Kurenai spoke up from her place in the group. “I have two students. Ino Yamanaka and Shino Aburame, you're with me.” Ino gave a drawn out “Oookay…” being bummed that she wouldn't be with her Sousuke for the third part of each day. Sakura had a similar feeling when her name had been called, but she realized that she would still see him every day for the first and second parts of the training regimen. Shino just sat there, seemingly not moving, but Kurenai thought she saw a miniscule move of his head.
Blowing a cloud of smoke off to the side Asuma pointed his students out. It only helped him that they were sitting next to each other. “Chouji, Shikamaru.” And that was that.
Shikamaru's head made an audible sound as it hit the desk followed by snores, as did Chouji's chip bag make a sound as he reached into it to grab his next fist full of snackey goodness.
Hayate eventually hacked out his pupil. “Cough, weez, cough. Due to the tradition of passing on one's own Kenjutsu techniques I will cough, only be having one pupil to focus on. Kimiko, you will be the one to learn from me. Cough.”
“Are you okay? I mean you've been coughing all this time and all…” Kimiko had some doubts as to the endurance of the sickly man.
“Don't cough, worry. I am still on active duty, and am fit enough to take on a pupil.”
Jiraya finally picked himself up from the ground. “Ugh, my head. Did anyone get the license plate of that carriage that hit me?” Everyone looked at him incredulously. “What? Oh, my turn already? Well I got the brat as my apprentice.”
All of the students looked at each other, and then realized that only one of them had yet to be called.
“Naruto!/Me?” was the immediate reaction at the thought of Naruto to get apprenticed to one of the Sannin.
Then Naruto realized something that Jiraya had said. “Hey! Who're you calling a brat ya' perv?!”
All of the females whipped their heads in the direction of the white haired sage. “ `Perv'?!?!?!”
Naruto nodded and stood from his seat and pointed an accusing finger at the man. “Yeah! I was talkin' to old man Ichiraku last night about him, and Ayame over heard. She kept going on about his `books' and how he's a notorious peeping tom!”
Despite the accusations against him Jiraya kept a straight face. “I am not a pervert.” Naruto was about to shout his retort but was cut off. “I am a Super Pervert!”
“Do you see what I had to put up with?” Kurenai, standing next to her nodded sadly. “Ahem, now that introductions are out of the way, Sakura, Hinata lets go.”
Scrambling for their bags they had to jog down the hall to keep up with the elder woman.
“I guess that's the cue. Okay everyone, gather your things and follow your new teachers.” Iruka called out to the rest of the class.
Shikamaru groggily raised his head off the desk. “What about you?”
Iruka looked up at him. “What about me?”
Shikamaru looked around him lazily. “Aren't you taking a student?”
Iruka chuckled as he watched Kiba drag his new training partner out the door. “Oh no, I like having a social life thank you very much. Besides, I'm a Chunin. I can't take on a student myself until I reach Jonin.”
As he sauntered out the door, Shikamaru shrugged. He would start looking into the teaching profession; it seemed much less troublesome than anything else they could stick him with.
-----------------
After finally catching up to the woman Hinata and Sakura followed close behind as Tsunade continued to walk. It wasn't until ten minutes later that either girl knew where they were headed. “Excuse me?”
The slug Sannin looked over her shoulder at the pink one, as she would be labeled in her mind for years to come. “What?”
“I know that you are renowned for being the world's greatest medic, but, is that all you are going to be teaching us?” Sakura seemed to be concerned about all of what she was going to be learning. `Good'
After taking a moment, if for no other reason than to make it look like she was thinking of an answer, Tsunade regarded them both while still walking to her “base of operations”. “No, not all of it. But I do believe that there is a need for each team to have at least one combat medic, if nothing else. Though those aren't the only things I'll be teaching you. The uses of knowing human anatomy and common behavior are nearly limitless on the battlefield, and off. If you ever decide to use any particular weapon, like a sword or bow, then I am the one tasked with the responsibility to teach you how to use it. Or at least give you the means to do it yourself.”
Hinata raised her hand for a moment, and then realized that she was both outside of the classroom and behind the woman. “U-Um, are you going to teach us, um, any techniques?”
As they reached the doors of a large white building and stepped inside Tsunade finally turned around. “You mean jutsu? Yeah, sure plenty of those. But first you both have some reading to do….” She signaled to the woman walking up behind her with a cart. Inside the cart was a stack of books and on top of that stack was a pig wearing a cape and a necklace. “oink oink.”
“Indeed. This is only the beginning.”
--------
He was an odd one that was for sure. But then again, she wasn't the picture of sanity herself so that was fine. Anko Mitarashi and Sousuke Sagara had been standing in the middle of a small training field, staring at each other, for the past few minutes. Anko was trying to get a reaction out of him without having to tell him to do it, since that seemed to be his problem. `Too objective for my tastes.'
Sousuke had yet to move from his spot, only the occasional blink and movement of his chest signaled that he was still alive.
“Ma'am.”
“Holly shit! It speaks!”Anko shouted
“If it is not a problem, I would like to begin the lesson Ma'am.” His voice barely changed tone. Anko took that change in tone as amusement.
“Yup! First lesson! No `Ma'am' shit, how old do you think I am?” Anko took a step closer to the youth.
“I was told not to reveal a woman's age Ma'…….Anko.” He stumbled over his own words, trying to stop himself.
Taking another step forward “Ohh, smart man. Tell me, who taught you not to talk about a woman's age?” and another step, she was within his personal bubble now.
Sousuke seemed to notice that she was getting too close to him, but remained where he was. “My father had taught me that lesson before he passed away. He was an inventor, mainly of the weapon kind. My family has the copyright of the Uchiha's tri-bladed ninja stars that can be controlled with wire.”
Yet another step. “Nice lil' toys those are. Where did you get this scar?” she asked, touching the cross shaped scar on his left cheek.
Unnerved by the proximity of the woman, he gulped but refused to back down. “I received that on-“ Bam! He was across the clearing, the air knocked out of him, and against a tree with a kunai to the throat before he could realize he was moving.
“The real first lesson was this. Don't let your enemy distract you with chatter, it gives them time to prepare. Don't give the enemy any personal information, it could give them a hint to a weakness of yours. Don't let your enemy get close to you, maintain a distance unless it is you that has the advantage. Got all that?”
Chocking as she released him he nodded, making mental notes.
“Good! Now, on to the next lesson! Taijutsu! Lemme' see what ya' got to work on!”
------
After debating with himself on which area to take his new student to he ended up deciding on one of the closer training fields. He wasn't planning on teaching her anything that would cause any major property damage for the time being.
Stopping in what he estimated to be the middle of the clearing he turned around to face the girl trailing behind him. Remembering what he saw in her file he looked her up and down. 'Thirteen in four months. Estimated height of around four feet eleven inches and weight of around 90 pounds, rounded up. Arm and leg length proportional to the body. Her hair is a bit long, but we can always work around that. Currently using the Academy uniform as her main choice of clothing, with her skirt being higher than regulation, suggesting of a showy attitude and confidence in her body.'
Purposefully twitching his left arm he frowned as he realized that she didn't notice. Moving the arm again, this time with a slightly larger movement he watched as her eyes strayed to his arm. `Average reaction speed, slightly better than that of the average green Genin.'
Kimiko felt odd. Not in a sick kind of way, but not really all that comfortable either. She had been standing there as her new teacher seemed to be checking her out. It had been a whole two minutes until she noticed a small motion. `His arm moved!' It was then that she realized what he was doing. `He's probably got a file on me and checking if the info is right or not. That movement seemed deliberate, maybe a reaction test?'
“Okay. So could you tell me about yourself? I know your file, but I don't know you.” Hayate asked quickly, trying to finish the sentence before he coughed.
Kimiko thought for a second. “What do you want to know? I don't know you either, so why don't you go first?”
Taking a moment the blade master organized his thoughts. “As I have already, cough, said: I am a weapons specialist, my focus being on swords. As a hobby I enjoy playing board games like “Life” and “Monopoly” with my friends. A goal that I have always wanted to accomplish is to become as well known as the members of the Seven Swordsmen. My likes are, cough, training and watching the sun rise when I get up in the morning. I dislike ninja that aren't serious about their profession.”
Taking the silence for what it was Kimiko shifted her weight to her other leg and brushed a bang from out of her eye. “I wouldn't really call it a hobby, but, I like to sit in front of a fire at home enjoying my down time in quiet some times. I've always wondered about my family, so that would be one of my goals: to find them. Um, I take my friendships pretty seriously so I guess one of my likes would be my friends. What I don't like are closet perverts. Open perverts I can deal with, I know what to expect. A closet perv you have no idea is checking you out, and that's pretty much stalker material.” Huffing, she crossed her arms.
“I'll keep that in mind. Now that we know a bit more about each other how about we start?” Coughing as he picked up a stick off the ground and breaking off the extra protrusions to make it just an approximately two foot stick. Tossing the piece of wood to the bewildered girl he answered her unasked question. “I have never taken on a student before, so I am going to, cough-hack, teach you the way that I learned. This by the way is the hard way.” Drawing his sword in an ominously slow motion, he held it in front of him in a firm, practiced grip. “I want you to disarm me…”
Kimiko let her jaw open in shock. He was surely kidding. She was what amounted to a fresh Genin, while he was an experienced Jonin. A Jonin that focuses his skills around the sword that she was supposedly tasked to take away from him. If the blade of his sword wasn't pointed at her she would have laughed.
“…with only the stick, before I can cut it down to where your hand is.”
---------
Kiba was at odds with himself. He had always wanted to be the famous ninja from his clan of his generation, figuring that it might as well be him since he was the only one in the clan his own age. The closest to his age in his family was his female cousin that worked at the kennel, having not graduated from the Academy after two tries and having given up and taken a more civilian job within the clan, and she was three years older than him! But he didn't want to be known just because of his tracking skills, which were common throughout his clan. No! Kiba was aiming higher than that. He wanted to take a page out of his deceased father's book and become a specialist on close range fighting. There was no rush like going toe to toe with an opponent, and not relying on fancy Jutsu to win the battle. That only took away from the experience in his eyes.
But now here he was, about to be trained by the tracking specialist. And he had to put up with the stuck up Uchiha to boot. This couldn't get much worse, and Akamaru agreed. The dog on his head was always in key with what he was thinking. They wouldn't have been partnered up when he was younger if they couldn't think alike.
Mikoto was having similar thoughts as Kiba. She needed strength, fighting prowess. Not skills on how to find things. She was an Uchiha, a name that struck fear in the hearts of Konoha's enemies alone. With the need to kill a certain man having never strayed from the top of her to-do list, she needed to get stronger in order to finally take revenge on that bastard.
Letting his new students, no matter how much he was forced to take them, stand there for a few minutes while he took this time to do a small bit of thinking himself. `Hmm, I wonder if Nemar is ever going to get to do a mother daughter affair with the hot neighbors across the street? That would defiantly make for an interesting new volume. I wonder how much I could get from Jiraya for the idea? Gasp, possibly get my entire collection autographed?'
Both Kiba and Mikoto were slightly disturbed when their new teacher suddenly burst out into giggles. Yes, giggles. A grown man was giggling right in front of them with his face stuffed in the book he was holding. Having heard Jiraya do something similar the other night when she was at the Hokage's office and learned about Naruto's secret and her own… predicament, Mikoto wasn't as disturbed by it as the first time. That was not the case for Kiba, she could see him twitching and she wasn't even looking at him.
Having had enough, and unable to keep in his hyperactive energy in check any longer Kiba asked the question that he would regret later that night. “So are you going to teach us anything or just sit there reading all damn day?”
Looking up from his book for all of a second Kakashi smiled at them. The two couldn't see it though, with the facial gesture being hidden behind a mask and the book that the masked man took so much interest in. “Normally I would have us all talk about themselves, but I figure that you both know each other, I have a file on you both, and you will get to know me eventually. So all that leaves me to do is to test you, to see how good you are at tracking.”
Kimiko raised an eyebrow ever so slightly. “Let's get this over with, I could be training right now. What do we have to find?”
The smile that neither pseudo ninja could see grew slightly larger. “If you insist. You both have until midnight to find out where I live. Bye!” and he was gone, having Shunshin-ed to his home to avoid leaving a trail and plopped on his couch to have some more reading time.
After realizing what it was that he had to now do Kiba exploded. “OH COME ON!!!! How are we supposed to find him now? I didn't even think to memorize his scent!”
The girl beside him was oddly calm. This task was not going to get in the way of her getting any real training in tonight. Quietly walking off she cringed when Kiba noticed that she was walking away, loudly.
“Hey! He said we had to find his place. Both of us!” to Kiba who was drilled on teamwork from his entire family this was a fairly easy deduction. For Mikoto? Not so much.
“Find him on your own. I can do this by myself and still have time to train before the sun starts to set.” With that the girl stalked away, leaving a frustrated boy and his dog in her wake.
Sighing Kiba took a moment to think up a plan. “Maybe one of the other Jonin knows where he crashes at? Oh damn…. I don't know where the other groups are. Well that just means we have to track them down first, right Akamaru? Let's try Sakura first; her perfume of sakura petal extract isn't all that common here on this side of Konoha. Plus, her hair is more noticeable than Naruto's in a crowd.” Getting a small bark in reply the boy raced off in search of the neon pink haired girl.
------
A small cloud of smoke floated up into the air, dissipating shortly after. Asuma looked down at the two that he was supposed to be teaching, but he really didn't really want to be teaching. He had been enjoying his time as a Jonin, as opposed to his former position as one of the Daimyo's personal guard. The fat one was stuffing his face, sitting next to the one with the black hair. The black haired one was reclined back against the ground, seemingly content with looking straight up into the sky.
Scratching the side of his head he cleared his throat. “So….training?”
The first reaction he got was from the one laying down, he remembered his name as Shikamaru from the file, who just shrugged. The one with the chips, Chouji he believes, shrugged shortly after.
`Heh, my kinda students.'
-----------
Smiling down at the blonde girl, Kurenai continued to talk gossip with the Ino. They had been holding this conversation as soon as the trio had left the Academy building and began walking around the village. The quiet boy in the sun glasses seemed to pay the conversation in mind as he followed behind without a word.
Shino looked to his left slightly, noticing the fruit stand that they had passed three times before. They had yet to make any turns. The deduction was simple. Catching Kurenai's eye he nodded to her, causing her to smile at him and nod back before turning back to the girl that was trying to explain why purple of all things was the new black this year, and every year to come.
Outside of the illusion Kurenai looked up from filing her nails, noticing that Shino had just broken her illusion but didn't move any farther. When he finally pulled up a hand and seemed to talk to the spec at the tip of his finger she went back to her filing. She was having a small amount of difficulty getting the nail on her left index finger the exact same length as all the others. As a specialist in the art of illusions she was extremely keen on details. And picky, but she wouldn't admit that to herself or anyone else for that matter.
-------------------
Naruto stared at the taller man's back. And kept staring. He should have had to look up to see the man's large back, but the white haired Sannin was crouching. A twitch in the blond's eye had developed after the first minute of this when nothing had happened except for giggling. Naruto had thought that only girls had the special ability to giggle. Apparently he was wrong. Now he was standing here and doing nothing. He was not getting stronger. He was not getting closer to his ultimate goal of becoming the `GREATEST HOKAGE TO HAVE EVER HOKAGE-D' as he often shouts to the world from the top of the large face engraved mountain. He needed to work on his grammar, but that was as far back on his list of things to do as possible. Simply because it would involve a lot of reading and writing.
Getting fed up, and coming to a devious conclusion that would get the really tall Sannin to start training him. If the old dude got the stuffing beat out of him? Meh, it wasn't his problem. Grinning like a fool as he brought his hands into the ram seal he fueled his, decidedly, most infamous technique. From the resulting poof of smoke came a soft but slightly high pitch voice. It may have been soft, but it was loud.
“Oh you! You're such a PERVERT! Ohhhh, so daring, peeking into the girls side of the hot springs like that. You didn't even give me a chance to get in there before you started!” The distinctly feminine voice could be heard from the other side of the wall, as proof from how deathly silent the hot springs had become.
Jiraya turned around to face his student with a confused look on his face. The confusion was ripped off and replaced with a smiling leer that could have disturbed Anko. Wiggling his fingers in a flexible, lecherous manner Jiraya stepped toward the naked blonde girl behind him. She was about average height for a young woman, but was amply proportioned. She stood with her arms together, with one finger on the bottom of her lip and her arms pressed up against her breasts. Her hips were turned slightly and one leg was bent slightly to cover her nether regions. A small trail of blood had made its way down the white haired Sannin's nose.
Before the man could say anything, a small wooden pale hit him on the head. Turning back around he noticed that the entire wall was lined with women. Angry women.
“N-Now ladies, let's not get hasty here! It was just a little prank by this kid behind me, right Naruto?” Turning around to get the help of his new student, he was not excited to realize that the brat had released the technique and adorned a face made of pure innocence.
Chuckling nervously, he slowly turned back to face the angry horde of women. Only to find that they were no longer behind the wall and each managed to find a weapon of some kind and Jiraya could have sworn that he could see the darkness and flames that was the women's thoughts of him. Thinking of the only thing he could do at a time like this he dropped to his knees and cupped his hands together in front of his face. “Please! Just not the face!”
*******Even with the M rating I can't show the beating that ensues*******
An entirely black and blue blob of bleeding flesh twitched sporadically on the ground, only to be poked with a stick by a familiar blond haired boy. “So, are you going to train me now?”
Jiraya let out a sob, slowly nodding his head. Immediately regretting it as his body was wracked with pain.
------------------------------Cut! That's a wrap!--------------------------
A/N
(1): I described the general school uniform in chapter one.
(2): It's just oatmeal. Some people call it hot cereal, others call it oatmeal.
(3): I'm not a girl, and I don't know what most of you do in the bathroom that takes an ungodly amount of time. I also don't know the exact measurements for cup sizes, just the general knowledge that it goes A, B, C, D, DD(or E) and that's about as far as my knowledge goes.
Well I hope you enjoyed the chapter! I know I had a good time typing it, no matter how slow the process was! Until next time!
-Dshadodragon