Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ A Bundle Of Wonder . . . Or So I Hope ❯ Gross Incidents Of The Baby Kind ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kent: My wonderful readers (reviewers especially) I am extatic that you all enjoy my story and are giving me the confidence to continue. I know that it has been a while since I have updated although I cannot tell if this has been a shorter amount of time in this expanse than the last one. lol

Oh well. On with the show!
Or story in my case... lol


Chapter 2
Gross Incidents Of The Baby Kind


Moonlight shone down over the desolate streets. Running through the streets quietly, Naruto carried a small bag and gently hugged a sleeping Zaliya to his chest. The torn green shirt was abandoned inside a trashcan in the Hokage Tower and the blonde's own orange jacket adorned her small shoulders, covering her small body to keep the gentle breeze from making her too cold. Turning Naruto ran into an alley and made his way to his apartment complex on the other end.

"We're almost home, Zaliya. Not much longer." He whispered to the still air. Crickets once more became the only sound dancing across the village. The blonde quickly climbed the stairs and passed many doors, quietly traveling to his own. Unlocking it quietly he stepped into the homey living space that he had been in no longer than an hour prior. He closed the door and walked towards his bedroom only to realize that he had nowhere for the infant to sleep until he was able to get a crib. 'I'd let her sleep in the bed with me but I tend to move around a lot. So that wouldn't be safe for her.' He thought dejectedly. Only his bed, a dresser, and a small side-table with an alarm clock resting on it furnished his room.

Suddenly he had an idea. Now, he may not be the brightest ninja around, no that was Neji's job, but every now and then he could be useful. Carefully, he set Zaliya and the bag down onto his bed and opened his side-table drawer. He took out the few scrolls that occupied the space and placed them on top of his dresser. Grabbing his extra set of sheets, he walked back over to his side-table and placed them inside the open drawer. After he was satisfied he picked up the baby once more and laid her on top of the sheets.

"Sorry but this'll have to do for now, little one." He cooed. As if hearing him talking to her Zaliya opened her bright blue eyes. Almost immediately she started crying. "SHIT!" Naruto started panicking before he remembered that Tsunade's assistant, Shizune, gave him two bottles and a container of powder for the special 'baby milk' he'd need before he was able to go shopping the next morning.

Quickly, he stood up and started rummaging through the small sack lying on his bed until he found the desired items. He picked up the still crying infant and tried to calm her down slightly as he ran into the kitchen blessing Iruka for washing his dishes for him earlier that day. He measured some water in a pot and set it on the stove after setting the burner.

Walking over to the counter he started rocking the baby as he grabbed the container and poured a small scoop of the powder into the bottle. After hurriedly cleaning his mess and setting the bottle back down onto the counter, he walked back over to the stove and stuck his finger into the pot to test the temperature of the water.
Seeing as the water was slightly warm he removed his finger, held onto the handle of the pot moving it over to a cool burner after turning the one he just used off. Steadily he moved over to the counter once more, grabbed the bottle, and brought it over to the stove. Making sure he had a steady grip on the handle of the pot all the while precariously balancing the infant on his hip; he poured the water into the bottle and screwed the nipple securely on it. He placed one finger on the tip of the nipple shook up it's contents until they were completely blended.

Naruto then placed the bottle back on the counter once more and moved Zaliya until she was cradled gently in his arms. Grabbing the bottle he pressed the nipple into her crying mouth and she settled down sucking greedily.

"Now THAT'S more like it." The blonde smiled; happy for the newfound silence. "You know, little one, I really do need to get some sleep soon . . . er . . . Not that I need it, of course. I'M Konoha's greatest ninja! Believe IT!! Ahahaha!" He laughed nervously wishing his arms were free so he could scratch the back of his head as well. "Sorry 'bout that. I kinda got carried away there, I guess."

After a few minutes of silence he looked down at Zaliya noticing that the bottle was now empty, but she still kept on trying to drink out of it anyway. He took it gently and tossed it into the sink before heading off towards his bedroom. 'Now what is it I'm supposed to do after I feed her again? . . .' He looked around until he spotted the bag on his bed. 'Oh yeah, I gotta burp her.' Smiling and chuckling to himself a little he moved the infant until her head resting comfortably on his shoulder and started to gently pat her back. 'Now this isn't so bad. Ha! And Baa-chan said I couldn't do it . . .'

"Eww! Eww! Eww! Eww! Eww! Eww! So GROSS!! EEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!" White liquid fell down his shoulder and slid across the back of his black shirt. "EEEWWWWWW!!"

"Yo!" Naruto stopped and slowly turned around.


Kent: Cliffhanger! I think... Sorry but I really couldn't think of any other way to continue with this chapter. I hope that these are getting longer each time though... lol I have noticed that a bunch of you are wondering where Kosuke and Nataku are...you'll find out who they are and what they have to do with Zaliya soon. lol

Poll Results:

Gaara- 38
Sasuke- 33
Gaara & Sasuke- 6
Neji- 7
Kiba- 3
Shikamaru- 1
Shino- 1

Kent: Ok so I guess that Gaara is still in the lead. BUT if Sasuke and Garra have a tie then BOTH will be with Naruto. Still you have more chapters to vote with so keep 'em up and I will add them in.

Now to answer reviews (I keep forgetting. Sorry.):

Mazoku_Onna: Thank you so much for the critique, I shall try to keep that in mind.

move_them_hands: Ok, see you have a point here. Why WOULD Naruto want to care for a baby when it could compromise his dream of becoming a better ninja and Hokage someday? The answer is that when Naruto was an infant, wouldn't HE have had to go to a shelter? I believe so. When I started to think about it; I mean the villagers never liked him and treat him cruelly, right? Wouldn't the shelter have done that as well? Knowing that, I deduced that he wouldn't want something like that happening to this baby (however unlikely) so he wants to take care of her instead just to make sure that doesn't happen. Does that help any?

lily of the nile: I appreciate your trying to help or whatever but you need to remembeer that I am not only counting AFF.net reviews but other cites as well and adding them together. Not only that but friends that live near me and people that just decided to e-mail me their reviews and choices also add into the mix. I'm not going to cheat around and add more to one character's total points. If I did that then I might as well just say that I have already chosen a pairing and I wouldn't have the poll to begin with. But I really don't know who to pair Naruto up with so I DID make the poll and my opinion isn't going to be added in because I really don't care who he ends up with as lond as it's a guy. lol

Wren Elessedil Dragonsbane: No, I am sorry but no matter how many times you put your choice into your review it will only be counted as one, unless of course you choose more than one character. lol BUT you can however vote once for every chapter (just in case you change your mind at some point. lol)

That's all for now and leave me some delicious reviews so I can be nourished. lol