Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ A Collection of Naruto Yaoi Drabbles ❯ Replacement ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Neji Hyuuga sighed heavily while watching the sleeping figure next to him. The boy's wild blonde hair glistened enticingly in the pale moonlight. Neji knew that he should be enjoying this, but the uncomfortable feeling in the pit of his stomach told him otherwise. Anger, disgust, and regret were all the Hyuuga was capable of feeling now. And god was he tired of it all.
 
“Sasuke…” Naruto muttered, obviously having a dream about the traitorous Uchiha.
 
`Sasuke. Always Sasuke. What the hell is so great about the fucking Uchiha?!?' the brunette fumed silently. He got up from the bed and stalked over to the window, gazing out at the beautiful crescent moon. Neji mused that he was not unlike the moon himself; doomed to an eternity of watching the sun from afar. The very same sun that was asleep in his bed.
 
Try as he might, Neji couldn't blame Naruto for the way things had turned out. The Kyuubi vessel had been anything but dishonest or cruel towards him. Neji had known when the two had started sleeping together that he was only a distraction to Naruto. He had known, yet he had agreed anyway; some foolish, idealistic part of him hoping the energetic blonde would eventually return his feelings of love. Time and time again, however, he was disappointed and reminded of the ugly truth. He was merely a temporary replacement for the Uchiha and he would never be anything more in Naruto's eyes. Neji supposed the most glaring indicator of this had been earlier that night when the blonde had screamed Sasuke's name instead of his own. He had apologized halfheartedly afterwards and quickly gone to sleep. Naruto wasn't even bothering to pretend anymore, so why should he? Sighing once more, Neji lay back down and closed his eyes, hoping to at least get some sleep before the inevitable unpleasantness morning would bring.
 
While Neji no longer believed that Fate was absolute, he was convinced that it was indeed a cruel bitch.
 
Like it, love it, hate it? Tell me!