Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ A Dream that was Lost ❯ Chater One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The test for graduation had just started and the troublemaking twosome were late. Naruki was dragging a sleepy Naruto through the streets to the Academy," Naruto, you noodlebrain, we're late!"
"Not......my...........fault....."Naruto said in a daze.
"Is so!"She said.
They arrived in class and she threw him into a seat right next to her other friend Sasuke. he looked at the two and sighed," late again."
Sasuke looked back to Iruka, his mind continuously drifting off.. Naruto was such a loser, and he was dragging Naruki down with him.. It made him laugh and thankful that most likely he would not end up on a team with Naruto... Naruki on the other hand was his friend for years. As Iruka began to pass out papers, Sasuke slipped the answers to last nights homework to Naruto who gaped and nodded thankfully.
Naruki shook her head. Sasuke, though he acted like he hated naruto all the time, could be nice to him. It made her laugh, though she had to stifle it, since last time Iruka had heard her, he made her do a full transformation into him with a clone jutsu. But not that actually bothered her, she could anything, and everything. it was the fact that naruto was forced to as well that annoyed her.(Fact one: Naruki is protective of Naruto, and visa-versa. Fact Two: Naruki also is very loyal to Sasuke. Fact three: She despises Sakura.)

The test started and already it didn't look good. it was on Clone Jutsu. She smiled at naruto weakly, "It's okay, it's not that bad. It's just the Clone Jutsu."
"My worst jutsu, Naruki," Naruto said, head down.
Sasuke looked at Naruto, His dim witted friend... His gaze then drifted to Naruki, Sakura's worst enemy... The thought of it made him smile... His most loyal friend and biggest fan were always fighting... He reminded himself that he had one purpose and that one only....

To find and kill Itachi. He closed his eyes, relaxing his muscles.. The test looked a lot easier then he had thought, he was going to breeze through it... Naruki would as well, but Naruto would have trouble with the cloning... He took a deep breath, knowing what he was about to do was not for Naruto at all....
"Come on, you're exaggerating, “she said, "All jutsus are your worst, so how is Clones any different."
"Thank you, Mrs. Sadist," Naruto said glaring at her. Naruki stuck out her tongue,
“Nyah!"
"Look loser...." Sasuke muttered and showed him the easiest steps of the jutsu. He did a quick walk through but figured his clone would still turn out blue in the face with x's for eyes. He muttered something about self preservation to himself while certain things crossed his mind... He shuddered violently and looked from Naruto to Naruki with a look that said time-to-tease-you.

"So other than your guys' Jutsu drama, how's the couple life workin' for you???”
Naruto gulped, "Uh oh, now you've done it," he hid under the table as Naruki started to continuously hit Sasuke, saying how stupid he is and other things, though she wasn't actually hitting him very hard, though it looked that way to others around them.
(Fact three: Naruki. Likes. Sasuke. She's just very good at hiding it.)
Sasuke was screaming bloody murder, trying to run away from Naruki as he cursed under his breath...
"Oww!!! Naruki, Stop it!!!! Ok, ok!!! OWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM SORRY!!!! OMG!!!!!" Sasuke shouted....
Naruki sighed," You better be......"
The girls in the class yelled at her, “hey, why'd you do that to him?!?!You she-man!"
Naruki got up and yelled back at the hordes, "I hit him because unlike you idiots, I'm not going to let him get away with being stupid. Actually if I was anything like you lovesick, kuniochi chickadee, I'd kill myself. We're shinobi, not damned rabbits!"
Iruka sighed," next two up are Naruki Yorutsuki and Sasuke Uchiha. Please go to the testing room.....without any trouble."
Naruki nodded and looked at Sasuke, back to her much sweeter nature," Come on, Sasuke."
Sasuke smiled lightly at his little friend... He wrapped his arm around her shoulders playfully and pulled her along gently, showing that he truly was sorry... He had known Naruki for years..... She was the only one he would show affection too... Even if his simple movements meant more to them both then brotherly-sisterly contact.
The two were halfway there when she stopped and did the handsigns for a jutsu that Sasuke had only seen, the Light jutsu, Light of the rising full moon. It healed any wounds she accidentally inflicted," there, I'm sorry about hitting you."
Sasuke looked at his friend and pulled her into a hug..... His heart was hammering in his chest but he prayed to whoever it was who heard your prayers that she didn't notice...

"It's ok Naruki... Now, let's go set the score straight so that they can raise the standards for all other testies...." Sasuke laughed.
Naruki laughed back, and it was her usual one, the one that somehow always sounded like a million bells ringing, one of the few girly things about her. She nodded," yes lets."
They got into the room and got their assignment. They were to make two clones, but have one be in a Transformation, appearing as the other person. Of course there was one little problem.........
It was Mizuki's idea to taunt her. All the teachers in the Academy knew of Naruki's intelligence and talent, that she could have easily graduated early on, but she was stubborn. Her loyalty to her nutball, screw-up best friend Naruto was too great, so they decided to use this to their advantage...
"Maybe we should have picked someone else as Sasuke's partner, after all, Naruki probably is no better at this than Naruto is," Mizuki said. Iruka didn't speak. He wanted no part in this, seeing as Naruki and Naruto were two of his favorite students. Mizuki continued, digging himself into a very deep hole, "Naruto can't even do a basic clone, so why should we expect anything more than her?"
Naruki growled, "I'll show you," she did the handsigns signs then called out the clone jutsu. Before long there were two clones, one a perfect clone of Naruki, the other a perfect clone of Sasuke. The real Naruki stuck out her tongue childishly, "Nyah! There!"
Sasuke laughed at his life long friend and did the same jutsu, his clones both perfect, but the real him looking bored...
"Can we go now???" Sasuke asked casually...
"Yes," Mizuki said," you both pass."
"Naruki was too annoyed by both being tricked and by how they made fun of Naruto to complain, so she left.
"So?" Naruto asked, still looking dejected.
"I passed," Naruki said sitting down.
"I knew that, even you can't stop yourself from doing clones perfectly," he retorted.
Sasuke walked up and hit Naruto upside the head..
"Shut up Dope...” He said... He looked at Naruki before returning to his own seat.
Naruki looked at Sasuke for a second with a smile, then turned to Naruto," You're next, Fishhead."
"Don't call me Fishhead,' he groaned.
"Noodle for brains then?"
He growled, “NO!"