Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ A Dream that was Lost ❯ Chatper Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Naruto went off somewhere with Mizuki and that worried naruki. She stood at the entrance, her headband in her bag, and watched them go," d**nit......."
Sasuke noticed Naruki waiting for Naruto... He walked up to her and stood beside her always... He felt her eyes penetrate him, so he turned to look at her with the smallest of smiles...
He wrapped his arms around her playfully and laughed...
"Lets go Naruki..." Sasuke said, knowing that in those three words there was a message that both of them caught...
Naruki looked at sasuke and smiled. She liked having Sasuke so close, but it made her heart start to beat even faster. She just liked him too much, she thought as she replied to him," Okay, Sasuke."
Sasuke knew that he was falling.... Hard.. She was strong, and that attracted him... She was extremely smart and that made him lust... But most of all she was kind, the icing on the cake and the beating of Sasuke's heart.. He knew he wanted her, but he also told himself she was off limits.. If he liked her enough, Itachi would find out... Just like past, he would kill all that remained precious to Sasuke until every last drop of will had simply evaporated into thin air.. Then he would make Sasuke beg for mercy and Itachi would laugh as he drained the life from his brother....

Sasuke stopped.... He turned and saw Naruki's small blush and decided she was probably thinking about Naruto or someone.. All the girls liked him, all but the one he had his eye on.. He shrugged it off before walking again so he was in pace with his dearest friend... He opened his mouth in an attempt to speak but soon after closed it once more... He shook his head, trying to clear it of the thoughts that raged within it... Finally he spoke, his words barely above a whisper...

"Naruki... I promise..." He said quietly before reaching out and pulling her into his embrace.... He loved hugging Naruki, being able to enjoy her warmth.... He thought for her it was just a friendly hug to lift her spirits though for him once again his heart raged in his chest.... He closed his eyes in a silent attempt to slow it but came to no avail...
Naruki's face went even redder when Sasuke held her. She tried to stop her heart from pounding, managing to slow it only to a slight beating.
"Promise what?" she asked, surprising even herself when she managed to sound calm.
Sasuke pulled away from her for the smallest of moments... He saw her blush, his face going a light shade of red... He cursed under his breath, Uchiha's don't blush!!! He looked into her eyes.. Those deep eyes.... He felt himself growing dizzy as he thought of all the danger he could be putting her in.... All the danger he would have of losing the one he truly liked more then just a school crush or lustful affection.. The danger he put himself in of losing the friendship of the one he trusted...

He shook his head again, pushing the thoughts away.... She had asked a question and who was he not to answer... He swallowed, balancing his emotions so his voice would not crack to reveal his insecurity....

"I promise To always be there.... I will always protect you.... I will....." His voice trailed off as he lost himself in her gaze.... He swallowed the last of his fears before speaking the last words truthfully and as bravely as he could....

"I promise to always ......" He felt the fear then building back up in his chest.. He couldn't make himself say the last three words, so he decided to show her... He once again wrapped his arms around her, breathing in her sweet scent... Strawberries... She smelt like strawberries.. He pulled away to look into her eyes as the fear of losing her once again began to cloud his judgment, but it would kill him to let go.... He wiped a single strand of hair from her face, pushing it behind her ear before gently laying his lips against hers.... He was so nervous he nearly missed, but he showed her his emotions and wouldn't let anything hurt her mentally or physically.
 
Naruki almost forgot to breathe when Sasuke kissed her. If anyone else had, she' would have "involunatarily" whacked them in the head, but.....this was Sasuke. Probably more than even Naruto, she trusted him, and unlike with her other best friend, she happened to have feeling for him. so she returned the kiss happily.
When he pulled away he looked at her, his breath ragged from things... He smiled despite himself and realized he wasn't blushing.. His right hand cupped the side o her face, something he had wanted to do for years but had never actually had the guts too do.. He whispered something that he couldn't even hear.. He gathered his courage and whispered it in her ear.. He was blushing now, he was a nice scarlet red...

"I love you..."
 
Naruki smiled as well. It had to be a dream, she thought, that he'd just said that to her. It just had to be. But it wasn't, she knew that.
"I....love you too," she said.
 
Sasuke nearly died right there... He had thought that she liked Naruto.. Now he was totally stumped....

"You.... You do???" He asked slowly, his mind having to reboot from the words she had just said to him... It was something he wanted for years, but along with it came consequences... He thought about her, about his life and how dangerous it would be.. He thought about how selfish he was to have pulled her into danger like that without a second thought.... But no matter how many of these thoughts came, no matter how hard he pushed himself, he knew that somehow they would get through thing... Together...

He took a deep breath, sighing angrily... He was beginning to sound like a drunken poet....
 
"Of course I do," she said, still surprised by how calm she sounded," Have you ever known me to say something I didn't mean?" Though the angry sigh did surprise her.
(Note: When we get to the part with Itachi in it, just know: Naruki's Gekkyomi could easily dispel any of his jutsus.)
 
Sasuke gazed at Naruki, thinking about his older brother.. He new Naruki was strong enough to protect herself, but he still felt over protective of her... He grabbed Naruki's hand with her own and led her out of the doorway... He saw a pink haired kunoichi that looked utterly crushed by Sasuke's hand not being entwined with her own.... He leaned over Naruki and whispered just so she could hear...
"I promise Naruki-chan.”
Naruki just smiled at his words.
Wrapping his arms around her, he held her as close as possible.. Taking advantage of her warmth against his cold skin.... He needed her...
Naruki enjoyed having Sasuke so close to her. It felt so nice.
Sasuke smiled and looked at Naruki, his eyes glinting from his uncried tears... She was so delicate, so unbreakable.. It reminded him of a porcelain doll from her every perfect curve....
But unfortunately fate did not wish for the two to be together any longer because it was just then that a bird flew down out of nowhere and landed on Sasukes head. It was hawk by the looks of it, with collar that had a crescent moon with a kunai knife sticking through it. It pecked Sasuke, then flew over to Naruki.
Sasuke muttered something about the bird before watching Naruki catch it...

"So how long have you had that thing??"
"I don't honestly remeber," she said. She smiled at the bird, who landed on her shoulder and then rubbed its head against hers, "Hello Horus, what's the news?"
Horus picked at his collar and a piece of paper came out(a jutsu's been put on it so it can carry messages for Naruki to other people. Sasuke and Naruto are the only ones who know though.)