Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ A Innocent Smile ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
He pinned me Haruno Sakura against the nearest tree and gave me a innocent eye crease. I didn't know how to act, but I guess he didn't plan on me doing so. Everything around us slowed in a halt and the wind dead into a fallen breeze. The trees swayed and the leaves behind his head. My hair cleared from my face, the lights dim, and him as the only bright light. I wasn't sure what this was the first time I felt it, but now I know. He pulled his mask down before my eyes and that smile. That sweet smile of sincere apology, I know why he did this that day. His index finger hooked around the edge of his mask. He looked nervous yet he planned it in some way. The mask came down and that shapely handsome rugged face was revealed. The face I had hoped to see all of my life. His chin brushed against my ear as he whispered simple words.

"I'm sorry, I'm not good enough for you"he whispered. My ear tingled at his breathe, so helpless I felt.

He could hear me shake and shiver at his touch. He knew that I knew this was wrong, he knew that he was wasting his time. He pulled back and gave me a sweet frown forced into a smile. I knew what that face was really meant to be and he couldn't hide that from me. He released me from the tree and leaped up onto the nearest building. That was the last time I saw him, Hatake Kakashi, he waved goodbye though.

A lie I've been living, if only I knew what he felt then, maybe he would of stayed. Many of years I've never known the reason for his leave. I asked tsunade and naruto, but they refuse to tell me the truth. That's sad when the only person that doesn't know is the one that keeps everyone alined. A lie, another lie, guess that's just how ninja's are, we do as we are told. Like kakashi my close friend once said "we are all tools in destiny."

"I don't care you scum, don't act like you know me!"I shouted.

I pressed yet another enemy ninja to the ground with my knee. I held his hands and shoved his face into the gritty dirt. By this point he couldn't breathe from lack of space in between him and ground. Chased this one down for a hour, dumb ass didn't know what was coming to him. Lately I've been getting mission requests ever since the greatest shenobi left aka Kakashi Hatake. Tsunade didn't even give a single mission a double look just sent me off. Meir tools, it echos into my ear.

"You know you shouldn't do that unless we have plans to assassinate them"clarified the all knowing idiot naruto.

I grunted in reply and happily smashed the prays face once more into the soil. Naruto cringed at the thought of him being the enemy. Wouldn't blame him, I got feisty after a while.

"Yeah I know, but this guy had it coming to him"I stated while standing.

The man stood up coughing. He looked like a regular civilian except that mustache. You know the deal tattered sown old clothes with scruffy brown hair. He looked at me with a glare and startling state of fear, like I said wouldn't blame him.

"Come with us"naruto sad dryly.

The man gave up and put his hands out. I nearly chuckled, he thought we were police, well sorta, but really. Naruto nearly blew up in laughter as well.

"Whats so funny?"the man asked in a frightened voice. He searched naruto for a answer of some sort.

"We're no cops, we're ninja"I said with a smirk. The man turned to my voice and gulped.

He made yet another run for it. This guy was starting to piss me off. I took off after him and naruto stayed, knowing he could never catch me. I took a sharp corner to follow, he wasn't there. I stop grabbing my knees and bending for air, that fucker was fast. I hadn't realized how far he dragged me tell I saw the surroundings. Old shacks, looked like they never been occupied. I stood after catching a breathe and centered my weight. The saggy roof tops, chipped paint, and old painting really freaked me out. It was like I was standing in the middle of a ghost town.

A gust of wind brought upon the sounds of chimes and decorations, when a slip of paper blew to my feet. I picked it up and examined it in my hands. A picture of the beautiful land of waves graced it's cover and some print alined the bottom. I scrolled down and read the rest of the parchment. "The mighty one eyed ninja has saved us again"it read. Was it what I thought, was it kakashi. I was full of shit, kakashi, yeah right, he hated water unless he was soaking in it.

"You plan on coming back?"asked a cracking voice from the radio.

That was my queue, I folded it into neat little square and shoved it into my pocket. I pressed the button on the radio and spoke softly into it.

"Yeah, he got away"I answered. I dropped the button.

A loud sigh was heard over the device before he began again.

"Well, mission failed. Do you want to be the one to hand in the report?"

I could hear the sadness in his voice, but that wouldn't stop me from teasing the fuck out of him.

"Are you kidding me, you can get beheaded if you want, but I'm going to get some rest."

"Guess that's fair. After all you haven't gotten any sleep for a week."

"Yeah you know it, that horrid hokage won't let me sit."

"Oh come on, she's not that bad."

"I guess not, but I'll meet you at the hotel. Save me the good side of the bed."

"Gotcha. I know how grouchy you get when I steal your side for no purpose."

Yep you heard right, me and naruto. His dream, sadly I'm still not OK with his whole secret thing. But recently I've found comfort in him, well if you call recently four months ago. Yeah a while, well for me he he. Even better though is he's proposed, I still haven't given him a answer though. I mean we took away each others innocents you think that would be enough, but no I want to be sure it's the right choice. I wonder how kakashi would react once he found out, sadly that would probably never happen. At least this isn't as taboo as kakashi and me, eh shivers down spine, I mean slightly ewe. OK yes I know I'm sadly love sick.

I walked the way I came following the lined amount of traffic. Watching the citizen and dealers roam the streets, not bad of a place. I walked up to the first step of the hotel, "Hotel Fabulous", yeah naruto picked it out. I walked in waving my key to the man at the desk. He sat back down and let the supposed new customer slide. Room 324, a few floors up. I look at the stairs and ready for the journey. One step for ninja kind, one bigger step for kakashi. I'm not sure if that's the way it's said, but I meant it.

After a nice amount of work I went into our hotel room. There was naruto sure enough in his boxers.

"Comfortable I take it?"I ask teasingly. He walks up to me and gives me a kiss on the cheek.

"Well you might be my bride to be. Of course I feel comfortable around you, your my sexy lady."

"Wow, your a total goofball. And I think I have a answer to your special question."

"You do?"

"Yes, naruto yes I will marry your fucking nude ass."

He gawked for a second and immediately hugged me. Kissing me every place on my face he could think of.

"Naruto settle down, I only said yes."

"But yes means everything to me. It's like heavens raining upon us."

"And so you would screw me as a holy symbol came down?"

"Baby I would screw you if god was watching us."

"OK that's a little creepy."

"Yeah that's what I was just thinking."