Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ A Mask-Tastrophe! ❯ The Continued Mystery ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

<i>Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto, Masashi Kishimoto does! I just write fan-works…</i>
 
<i>Beta'd by: Oomki</i>
 
Three drunken men on a pirate ship! Yohoho and bottle of fiction! >.>;; ( Just keepin' it clean )
 
-
<b>Ch. 2:</b>
<b>The Continued Mystery!! </b>
-
 
The next couple of days were not as Kakashi had planned. The news that Tsunade had ordered him to remove his mask had spread throughout the entire village. He was constantly being asked who he would pick to kiss when the time finally arrived. A good few of the people whom had asked also asked if they could be the lucky male/female. That hadn't been the most surprising thing to come Kakashi's way. No, the one that took the cake was when the last person he had expected appeared before him, demanding an answer.
 
“Kakashi! I want to know who you will be kissing,” Gai demanded.
 
“I can't reveal that, Gai,” Kakashi answered before attempting to walk by. A fist slammed into the wall missing his nose by mere inches. Kakashi's eye opened a bit in surprise before he turned to look at the other.
 
“If you do not choose me, I will have to leap 500 laps around Konoha on my toes!” Gai warned. Kakashi kind of felt bad for Gai and sighed, as he already knew who it was going to be from the start of this whole fiasco. He smiled slightly, unrevealingly.
 
“I'll keep that in mind, Gai,” Kakashi replied touching the other's shoulder with a hand before walking away. He decided to make himself scarce a little ways away so that he wouldn't be followed. He leapt gracefully and quickly through the village. Unseen by those he passed over, he flitted from tree to building to building and so forth until at last he reached the edge. He paused as a familiar chakra pattern washed over him. Peering through the brush to his right he spotted the visitor and one other. Kakashi smiled making himself more comfortable.
 
Gaara, of the sand, was speaking in an undertone to a young leaf ninja in training. The boy had not been discovered `til a little while back when he when found just outside the village. Had it not been for his shadow panther, Khallia, getting the attention of an ANBU member, the boy would have died. Tsunade and Sakura vigilantly nursed him back to health. Iruka was currently training the young boy in hopes that the young boy's kekkei genkai would be of use to the Hidden Leaf Village. He had heard the young boy was having difficulties with ninjutsu but made up for it in the other areas of study such as information gathering.
 
Hneale made a couple of hand signs and said something Kakashi didn't quite hear. A small speck appeared from the shadow at his feet and flew off landing unnoticeably on Shino whom had just passed by the pair. The bug user didn't stop until he was quite a ways away, his gaze falling to the shadowy bug that had somehow grown twice its size in two seconds. The bug shifted and grew suddenly into a giant panther.
 
“Ahh!” the startled bug-user shook his arm in a vain attempt to get the large shadow panther off. Eventually the creatures increase in weight finally had Shino laying face down on the ground. Hneale's laughter then suddenly burst out and vanished. Kakashi snapped his attention back to where the two had been sitting only moment's before then looked back to where Shino still lay, to notice that both boys and the panther were gone. Shino stood and dusted himself off complaining about what had happened in mumbles. Kakashi however dashed off in search of the devious duo.
 
“Hai, Kakashi?” the familiar voice stopped him in his tracks. He turned to look at Gaara standing beside a surprised Hneale. “You should learn to not stare so much. It's impolite.” The explanation was subtle but it was almost too obvious to Kakashi that the boy was annoyed by the disruption.
 
“I'm sorry,” Kakashi replied. “But I lost something around here it's about this big,” he made a motion with his hand to show how tiny the object was in width, length and depth before offering a further description. “It's blue, has a small red bow” still motioning with his hands to give an idea of what it looked like. “It had rounded corners and half the top was slanted and the whole thing was kind of velveteen soft.” Gaara frowned in thought.
 
“Someone may have already found it. We didn't happen across it,” The sand shinobi finally replied, gently taking Hneale's hand and leading the boy away. Gaara's expression turned worried and almost sullen by the small fact that Kakashi had followed them. What could he possibly want from us? He wondered.
 
-
<i>Back to Kakashi</i>
-
 
Kakashi watched knowingly albeit slightly amused. A chuckle escaped his slightly parted lips as he realized how cute they looked. He walked away in higher spirits almost running directly into Sakura.
 
“Sakura?” he said suddenly looking to the young timid girl before him.
 
“Have you decided, yet?” Kakashi was surprised by her question.
 
“Maybe,” he replied cryptically, patting her on the head.
 
“I feel kind of silly asking that, but a friend of mine is hoping that you'll pick her,” Sakura replied following alongside as he walked away. “She said it's all she ever dreamed of or something like that. I'm just curious what you look like, she's obsessed,” Sakura gave what seemed like an annoyed sigh.
 
“Which friend did you say?” Kakashi asked suddenly.
 
“I didn't, but her name is Miana.” Recognition of the name struck Kakashi. He had seen Miana a few times during missions, but she was always hanging around Kotetsu asking him at least a thousand questions per minute. Ok, so he was over exaggerating a little but they seemed to get along a lot better than he and Miana ever would. He couldn't see himself with her anyway. If she was obsessed, even if it was just a little bit, he would take it in to consideration at least.
 
“I'll take that into account,” was Kakashi's only consolation. Sakura nodded slightly before turning suddenly and heading off in a different direction leaving Kakashi to his thoughts. Perhaps this mission should have a higher classification. After all, he was starting to see it to be a bit more difficult than he had first assumed. He peered upwards at the sky furrowing his brow in thought for a brief moment. The reason it was brief is because a yell went up from the suddenly encompassing crowd that rushed at Kakashi from every direction. A cloud of thick white smoke appeared suddenly as the screeching crowd grabbed and clawed at Kakashi. When the smoke had cleared the white haired ninja was no where to be seen.
 
-
<i>Many rooftops away! </i>
-
 
Naruto sat alone unaware of the events around him. He sighed unsure of what to do. All the missions he had been on took no longer then a day to complete and were beyond boring. A bird passed by over head catching his attention as he followed it path. Leaning back, he came eye to eye with an unexpected sight. He stood up and spun around. “Kakashi-sensei?” he asked, confused.
 
“It seems the village has become more dangerous since the last time I was here.” Naruto tilted his head, even more confused.
 
“More…Dangerous?”
 
“Never mind,” he replied suddenly. He sat down then and let a sigh escape. Naruto followed suit. “What brought you up here?” Kakashi asked, conversationally.
 
“I stumbled upon it a while back. I guess I've been coming here ever since, to get away,” Naruto replied, smiling. Another bird appeared doing lazy circles in the sky. “What about you?”
 
“It's a good place to relax,” the white haired ninja replied cryptically. Kakashi hadn't expected anyone else but he supposed he could handle being around at least one person, as long as it was peaceful.
 
-
<b>Sneak Peek</b>
-
 
<i> “Yes I did, I'm looking forward to the assembly. Had I been anyone else I would have cheated and taken a peek, but I didn't,” </i>
 
Special thanks to all my watchers for being so supportive over these past months? And I guess year.. ( I only been really active for a little over a year I suppose… )