Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ A Numbed Heart Thaws ❯ A Numbed Heart Thaws ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Numb Heart
SasuSaku Oneshot


Traitor, thief… That’s what ran through Sakura’s mind as she stood there on a deserted street. The rain poured down and she stood there, waiting for what would never come. She knew she deserved it though. She is the one that fell for the one person she knew would tear her heart own. She felt completely numb to the world around her. The rain was almost blinding, lightning illuminated a second figure for split seconds. But yet she knew she could never hate him. It wasn’t his fault she was an ignorant fool. And yet being drowned in this sadness wouldn’t make her break down. Her heart was numb and shattered. Nothing could break it more than it was now.
Another bright flash. The figure was walking towards her. She could make out glowing blood red eyes. It was minutes until a deafening roar of thunder shook the earth. Then a blinding flash. He was right in front of her. Sakura took a sharp intake of breathe.
“I don’t pity you Sakura.” A familiar voice chilled her bones. “ You have everything family and friends. Something I won’t ever be able to obtain. To tell you the truth, I envy you.” Sakura touched the man’s cheek.
“S-Sasuke?” Sakura questioned. He grabbed her hand and pushed it away.
“Yes?” Came the cold reply. Sakura punched him as hard as she could. She kept punching him and Sasuke did nothing.
“Why?!?! You had everything!! How the hell could you envy me?! Do you know how numb I feel!? Do you know how much misery I am in?! You had it all money, friends and Team 7 was your family! Your blind to what was right in front of you Sasuke Uchiha!!!” Sakura’s screams echoed. Sasuke listened to her rant, he knew it was all true. “ You had it all… Why? Why?” Her voiced softened and she started to sob. Scratch that the only thing that could break her completely was right in front of her. “I feel like a fool. Orochimaru was right I denied the inevitable. I denied that you will never love me. I denied that you were bound to leave Konoha.” Sasuke stared at her, he felt like he had been slapped across the face.
“Sakura, I will never come back until I avenge my family. But you have made me realize that I am the one who is the blind fool.” Sasuke’s words carried softly through the air. He pulled Sakura into a passionate kiss. Sakura’s eyes jolted open then closed wrapping her arms around him. He broke the kiss. “Don’t ever forget me Sakura Haruno, of the Village Hidden in the Leaves.” And with that he disappeared. A small smile graced Sakura’s lips as she blushed.
“I won’t ever forget you.” Sakura whispered softly. Theres still hope. She thought