Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ A Perfect Life? ❯ One Way Or The Other ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Naruto Characters!



Chapter 4:
One Way Or The Other

The sunlight slowly started to seep through the blinds and land upon Sasuke's face, making him pull the covers up. He moved his hand over the spot where Sakura was suppose to be but felt nothing but the rumpled sheets. Without hesitation Sasuke opened his eyes and looked around before finally jumping out of the bed, his heart was pounding with intensity as he began to think about where she might be. ~Thinking~ (Please don't tell me she ran off to be with Naruto! How could she?! What about all the stuff that she was telling me yesterday....it was probably just one big lie!) Sasuke put his head into his hands and sat down upon the bed, he sat in complete silence until the sound of footsteps were heard outside the door. Trying to get his act together Sasuke lifted himself off the bed and leaned against the bedroom doorway.

"Where did you go Sakura....tell me the truth because i don't feel like playing anymore games." Sasuke's voice rasped as he tried to hold back the tears that were swelling up inside. "Did you go and see him...did you tell him how you feel?"

A look of shock and disbelief appeared on Sakura's face as she set down the bags of groceries on the counter. Her arms were shaking with great intesity as she tried to not let her anger get the best of her, taking a deep breath and shaking her head she finally turned to face Sasuke.

"Is this how its going to be...you not trusting me. I told you I DON"T LIKE NARUTO! What do i have to do to prove that to you..." she replied as she looked straight into Sasuke's eyes. "Why can't you just believe me? I just thought that because of the pressure of the engagement...I didn't mean to hurt you in anyway! You got to understand that!"

"THE PRESSURE OF THE ENGAGEMENT! IS THAT YOUR EXCUSE NOW?!" He exclaimed as he turned the other direction. "You are going to say that when it hasn't even been a week since we've gotten engaged...what has gotten into you?!"

Without taking the time to think Sakura rushed over and grabbed his head in her hands. "Nothing has gotten into me...I just made one mistake and trust me i regret it deeply but i can't take it back no matter how hard i try! I think to myself how could i ever hurt the man that i love with all of my heart, who i would give my life for. Don't you get it I LOVE YOU AND NOTHING, AND I MEAN NOTHING IS GETTING IN THE WAY OF THAT!" She whispered as she tried to choke back tears.

His hands caressed her cheeks as he watched the tears fall down her face. It hurt his heart to see her hurting so, but he knows that she's telling the truth and that is all he ever wanted to know all along. 'I know how you can prove it to me...you must tell Naruto that you will never speak to him or see him again. If you do that then i really know that you're telling me the truth."

"I will do it...I would rather lose him then you." Sakura said without hesitation in her voice.

Sasuke put his forhead to hers and looked straight into her eyes, and together they cried in each others arms...both knowing that their life would be completely destroyed without each other. Wiping the tears away from her eyes Sakura seperated herself and went over to the phone to call Naruto, taking a deep breath she dialed the number. Everytime the phone rang her heart skipped a beat knowing that she must never see Naruto again. She knew she was making the right decision but didn't really know if she could go through with it, she looked over at Sasuke and shook her head...she was doing the right thing for the both of them. With no answer Sakura quickly hung up the phone and went to grab her coat and keys.

"Where are you going..." Sasuke questioned with a bit a fear in his voice.

"I have to tell him in person...because if i don't then he wouldn't believe me. Please Sasuke you must let me do this...alone."

Without another word said Sasuke nodded his head and watched as Sakura turned her back towards him and walked through the door. For a couple of seconds he thought he felt his heart stop as he just became aware of what had just let happen, he doubted it but at the same time he had to let Sakura make her own decisions.

Sakura stopped outside the door and took a deep breath as she wondered how Naruto will react when she tells him the news. Without another thought she quickly went down the stairs and jumped into the car...knowing where naruto was going to be. Naruto had always talked about this beautiful lake behind the park where he always went when he had to think about things, and he sure will have to think about things when she gets through with him. Ten minutes later she stopped the car and parked along the sidewalk and slowly got out of the car. The wind was stronger then before making Sakura pull her hood on her head and tighten it with shivering fingers, which weren't shivering because of the cold. Pushing aside the thoughts that were going through her head Sakura walked with her mind set on one thing, letting one guy down...