Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ A Scream in the Night ❯ A Scream in the Night ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Firefly15309...I don't own Naruto
 
 
A Scream in the Night
 
 
Konoha is quiet and peaceful. All but a few are asleep. The only ones awake are the guards who protect those who sleep. The people of the village sleep the sleep of the innocent and unknowing. They know not which is on its way. The Kyuubi has been set free and now comes to take what was owed it.
 
 
“MURDERERS!”A scream in the night full of passion rages into the night breaking the peace.
 
 
“MURDERERS, ALL OF YOU!” pierces the once quiet night waking all in the village. This voice fills all in the village with fear. This voice is filled with such sadness and murderous intent.
 
 
`YOU KILLED HIM, YOU KILLED MY KIT” The voice again screams into the night only terrifying the people more. Every guard and ninja comes into the night to see their foe. What they see terrifies them all. Standing there filling the night sky is that which they fear most the one they know they can't defeat the Kyuubi. She is glorious in her anger. Her fur is a red that put even the most beautiful rose to shame. It moves like flame enticing those who view her. Her tails gracefully move behind her, all nine of them. Each has the same deep red color and the tips are a pure gold. She radiates a golden aura that would rival the sun at its brightest. She in this moment is greater then the sun and the moon. Yet more terrifying then anything ever seen before.
 
 
Again she screams out into the night “MURDERERS, MY LAST KIT IS DEAD AND IT IS ALL YOUR FAULT.” Nobody in the village knows of what she speaks.
 
 
Seventeen years ago, when I first came here it was after one of you killed my newly born kits. They were beautiful and innocent. Yet they were murdered by one of you and his minions. After loosing my mate to an attack all I had left were my beautiful kits. In my rage I attacked those who killed my sweet kits. It was only after that I found out my mistake. The one who killed them only used this village as a cover. In my rage I became a murderer. One man saw this and felt my pain. He knew his death was to come since I couldn't be calmed in my rage. Yet, he chose to let me live and gave to me his most valuable possession to make up for the one who did the damage. His kit newly born was to replace the loss of mine. I was to look after the one who would be alone after the man's sacrifice. His mate had just died like mine and he knew my pain he said. When he sealed me he told me that he was giving me his son to raise in place of my kits. He knew he would die no matter what happened that day, but he wanted to give his son family and me new hope. He told me as he lay dying that he had only know his son for a few minutes like I knew my kits for only a few hours. He hoped that my mistakes could be forgiven and that I could learn not all people are like the ones that killed my kits.” There was so much grief in this voice that all cried along with her. A few were starting to recognize who she was talking about.
 
 
Tsunade came forward “What has happened to Naruto? How are you free What has happened to the 4th's son?"
 
 
Kyubbi looked at Tsunade with remose for this woman had loved her kit like her own as well. “He is dead. He was attacked by villagers and refused to harm them.” She said with such rage and grief in her voice.
 
 
Tsunade started to break down she and those who loved Naruto were in shock. With rage and grief in her eyes she calmly asked how he died and who had done it. In her mind she asked where can I find the ones who did this so I can torture them to death SLOWLY.
 
 
Kyuubi spoke “A group of villagers drugged his food so he would sleep. They then beat and raped him. They tied him down like an animal and hurt him. He could have gotten away if not for the fact that to do so he would have to harm maybe enven kill the people. He refused to harm those who where slowly killing him since they were from this village. He held me at bay saying that he could not harm them even for what they were doing. In the end they left him for dead in the forest. There was no healing these wounds. With the last of his strength he set me free with the promise that I would harm none in this village. He lay there dying from wounds given to him by those of this village and yet his last words were of this village and it's protection. YOU MURDERERS!” How could you kill him. For years he took your abuse your hatred towards him and HE FORGAVE YOU IT ALL. I ask him how he could forgive them and I will show you what he said.”
 
 
A glowing started and an image lit up the sky a broken and battered Naurto started to talk quietly and with the pain clear in his voice “They know not what they do. They feel pain and anger and have no release for it other then me. They feel hate and resentment that their loved ones are gone and yet you live in some way. You lived on through me. They saw me as nothing more than a vessel for you. They didn't see me because then they would feel shame for harming a real person and not just a vessel for you. I forgive them this because they are in pain. Just like I forgive all you did because you were in pain. There are some truly great people who live there who are precious to me and if one of them got hurt I would never forgive myself." His breathing is getting shallower and his voice is getting weaker as he continues to speak.
 
 
"They also care for others in the village and it would hurt them inside if they got hurt. They would feel bad that they couldn't protect them. I will set you free since ther is no healing these wounds. You should not have to die with me. Be free and live your life to atone for those you had taken. Live for me since my life was cut down so short. Please don't hurt them. Even the ones who did this. I could have killed them and gotten away, but I just couldn't hurt them or allow you to hurt them. It is my fault for not being able to show them that I am separate from you. My dream to become the Hokage was all about showing them that I was more than just a vessel for you. I wanted them to see me as a human as a person and not just a vessel for you.” His words had become nothing more than just the barest of whispers on smiling lips as that light he was know for left his beautiful eyes. His eyes had always had an inner light to them that made them able to rivel the most beautiful of cut gems and the bluest of skies. They were now blank and unfocused and that light lost forever. His smile that could make all others smile even when they didn't want to was gone forever. Their most precious treasure was gone forever. All his friends and family (the rookie nine, their teachers, Iruka, Tsunade, the ramen shop owner and his family, the sand siblings who had visited, even Jiraiya) were grouped together mourning their loss. They recognized what they had lost and felt the pain for time lost. They had failed him greatly. After all he had given up for them and given them. Even though they had loved him they hadn't been there for him in his greatest time of need.
 
 
The image in in the sky slowly faded into the night sky leaving behind the night sky that was dark. No stars or moonlight could be seen as if the very heavens were mourning along with the others.
 
 
“YOU DIDN'T DESERVE HIM!” she raged at the village.
 
 
“Yet, neither did I. I now see what that man was talking about. He gave me his greatest treasure Naruto to look after and I took it for granted. He calmed my rages and soothed my soul. He helped me with my loss and forgave me all the pain he had to suffer through. It is out of respect that I do not kill almost all of you. There were a few who were there for him and I am grateful. I know now know what he meant when he said that there are some truly great people in this world. I treated the kit badly yet he cared for me and took the place of the ones I lost. He took the time to listen and love me. He treated me like family and not like the burden I was. I saw what he suffered when he was younger. He had to live his life all alone and I could have alleviated that somewhat. Yet in my grief and rage I left him alone. He came running into my cage one day when he was scared and I pushed him away. He never gave up and kept reaching for me like his mother. It was then that I was comforted as I held him tight. He became my kit of the heart and now he is gone. He was like a ray of sunshine after a long period of darkness and rain. He was my little angel. I can never forgive myself the pain he went through dayily, yet he forgave me.”
 
 
A bright light blinded everybody and in the place of the fox stood a woman with long flaming red hair the exact same color of the fox's fur. She had fox like ears on her head and nine tails swishing behind her. In her arms was the broken body of her angel. She gazed down at his still form then looked at the villagers. She then spoke “I cannot keep my promise to him. I cannot live his life for him and I will not let those who did this to him live. I am not an angel like him I cannot forgive them that easily. With that the five men who had run in fear when the fox had appeared, the ones who had been running from the village died by a stroke of lightning. I will not punish the rest though. To punish all who have harmed him to kill all of them would make me a hypocrite for I have harmed him as well. I have learned that much at least from him. I give you a second chance like that man gave me. With that she started to glow. She walked toward Tsunade and gave the broken body of Naruto to her. She bent down and gave him a kiss before she started to fade away. “I give you a new future. I give my life for you. You protected me and saved my soul from the darkness. I give you my life and protection from now till eternity my kit. I will heal your wounds and erase the worst of the memories. To erase all of the bad would change you too much and you are perfect as you are. You are an angel who brings light to everybody and tries to bring them from their darkness. You could never abandon a friend to the dark and see the good in almost everybody. Everything that was mine is now yours my power and my strength to protect you in the years to come. If you ever need help I will guide you and will always heal you.”
 
 
She glares at the villagers “Do not waste this chance see him as a person not a vessel. I am gone from him now except as a memory. I am sorry for what I have done and I wish that in my grief I did not take it out on you. There is nothing I could do to repent except give you this chance.” With one last look at her little boy she vanished.
 
 
Tsunade and his friends surrounded him. His wounds were now gone and he was breathing again. They were all overcome with joy for his life and sorrow for how he had died. They all vowed over his sleeping form that they would not fail this time.
 
 

 
Sorry for it being so...wow
 
 
I just got inspiration for this and had to write it. Thank you for reading it. I'm sorry if it mad you cry I cried while writing it.
 
 
Please tell me what you think of it. I'm thinking of writing more for it. Tell me if you think I should follow it up.