Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ A Scream in the Night ❯ Sunset Hero ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey this is a kind of prequel to A Scream in the Night, but it can stand alone I hope everybody likes it.
 
 
I don't own Naruto...
 
 

The sun is setting over a village. A proud figure can be seen standing on a mountain, with faces carved into the side, looking down upon it. His sunny blond hair resembles sunlight and his blue eyes could rival the sky. His eyes though hold so much emotion in them. Grief over the fight that is soon to come and the death of his love this is only one emotion that fills them. There is a joy in them for the birth of his son a son he will never get to know. His eyes hold so much knowledge and pain for he knows what is to come. He knows that today he will die yet he does not care about that since with his death his son will live. He has accepted that his time has come at last. His only wish is that he could join his beloved, but even that will be denied. He knows that once this is done he will never see her again. The technique he will use will make his very soul forfeit. He is trading his life, body and soul to the grim reaper in exchange for the lives of his son and the villagers. His only regret is not being able to stay by his son's side. His son will never know who he was for he has many enemies. After his death his son will never know who is parents were and will never know how much he was loved.
 
 
The sun is slowly sinking and his time grows short as the shadows grow. Once the night comes he will be no more unless the seal would break. He prays that that day will never come. The fox is coming and he knows that he will die someway somehow tonight. The question is will he die a coward with a mortal death one of the body and not the soul only to have the fox continue on with it's rampage only having minor damage done to it. He could also go the hero's way where he will give up his very soul and maybe his son's happiness. He smirks and thinks to himself I always wanted to go with a bang.
 
 
He makes his way to the house to see his son once more before he goes. He wants to see his miracle once more and to make sure that all the proper seals are in place.
 
 
His son is lying in the middle of a complex work of art. When activated the soul of the Kyuubi will be locked away forever inside his son. His precious son that he loves so much and prays will one day forgive him for what he is about to do. He is so beautiful laying there with his bright blond hair and the clear blue eyes. He was born not more than an hour ago. It was like fate was lining everything up for this to happen. Only a newborn could be used for this. Had it been anybody else they would have been ripped up and died because of the chakra that would be pumped into their veins. Only a child whose pathways are unset could live to tell about it. He holds his son for the last time giving him a kiss on the forehead and whispers into his ear “What I am about to do I do for you. I love you and hope that some day you find the same type of happiness that I have. I have felt the love of a good woman and the joy of having a child. Your mother may be gone from this plain of existence, but she lives on through you. We will always be by your side no matter what and will support you through all your endeavors. Weather you grow up to be an idiot or Hokage we will be proud Naruto. I hope you are able to calm down the spirit inside you and that you help to sooth her pain. She is just like me. She has lost her love and her children. I hope that by giving you to her she will gain some joy watching you grow up. I love you and wish that we could have been able to be by your side longer. No matter what I hope you never doubt that you are loved. Goodbye my son.” He gently placed his son back down and a small tear falls from his eye landing on the child's forehead.
 
 
Taking one last look at his son he goes forward towards what he knows will be his death. He regrets nothing since he has held his son and had so much joy in his life. He walks out to the battle field and summons the frog boss. He proudly stands on his head watching as the sun has finally set and the fox approaches. The whole time he thinks back on his life and his beautiful son.
 
 
He watches as the fox advances and he starts to form seals. He knows why the fox is attacking the village. She is acting out of grief for her loved ones. He remembers the first night she came when he heard her murmuring about murderers and her beautiful kits. He knows he would have felt the same if it was his son. He doesn't feel anger, but sorrow that it will come to this. He has to protect his loved ones and to do that he can't afford to show his feelings. As his body dies and the fox fades he talks to her telling her of his gift. “I know your pain. I will never see my child grow up or rejoin my love. To stop his death I will die sealing you away. I hope from him you can learn not all are to blame for the actions of a few. I give you my son to look over and protect. I hope you will act in my and his mother's stead and watch over him like your own. He may be human, but I see such great potential in him. I have only seen him for a brief time, but from those moments in time will last me an eternity. My love for him and my wife will get me through the pain of doing this. I know the price of using this technique and I don't care as long as my son is safe and living in my stead. I hope that your anger will be soothed and your pain dulled. Mostly I hope that his actions will help to make up for the harm you have done and the lives you have taken these past few nights. I knew my death would come one way or another and I chose to give everything in the hope that you will be a good guardian to him. He is alone now and his path will be hard I hope that you will guide him where I cannot. Treat him well and love him. He is my greatest treasure and I now entrust his care to you.”
 
 
On the battle field not now quiet and dark lays the body of Konohana's greatest hero. The one who gave everything for his child and village is gently lowered from the head of the frog onto the ground. The once proud man who not an hour ago stood upon the mountain is now dead. His wife is dead not more than a day before him. His child is now alone in the world not knowing anything about the new burden given to him. The frog and the villagers mourn his passing not truly believing that one as strong an as full of life is now gone. This is truly a sad day for all.
 
 
A child all alone starts to cry and a seal is now on his stomach where only hours before was the cord attaching him to his mother. A gentle breeze caresses his face and on the wind the words “I love you” are barley heard.