Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ A Scream in the Night ❯ A Light in the Darkness ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sunlight in the Darkness
Darkness, darkness as far as the eye can see. What is this place, where am I? What do you mean by leaving me here!!!!! What is this strange place? LET ME OUT OF HERE!!!! COME BACK AND LET ME OUT!!! LET ME GIVE THEM WHAT THEY DESERVE!!!! They killed my kits and now have imprisoned me here. Here in the thick darkness that surrounds me. No light can be seen anywhere. All around me is this obtrusive darkness that matches the darkness in my heart. Just let me die and go to my family. What have I done to deserve this in the first place?
 
That man, that man with the bright hair, this is his entire fault he did something to me. What was it he told me as I was banished to this darkness? He said something about his kit and leaving it to me, but how is that when I am in this dark place. Doesn't he realize that I don't want his kit I want my kits back!!!
 
What is that in front of me? It looks like a gate; a week one at that. I will get out and have my revenge. I will kill his kit for doing this to me. Yes, with the death of his kit I will help to avenge mine. I pine for his blood. All I can do is dream of his death and how painful I can make it. He shall pay for this all of it. All I have to do is get out of this darkness. All that stands before me is that stupid gate that mocks me. Like a little gate like that could ever keep me in check. HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!
 
What!!! It won't budge. I have been at this forever yet it hasn't moved one bit. WHY WON”T IT BREAK!!!!! LET ME OUT OF HERE!!!! I DEMAND THAT I BE SET FREE!!! How can this keep me here? It is nothing more then an insignificant wooden fence with a piece of paper to keep it locked. I should be able to break it in no time. I am so tired. Maybe if I take a nap when I wake none of this will have happened. My kits will be safe in the cave snuggled next to me.
 
Dream
I am in a blood rage. All my kits are dead along with my mate. I will not let their deaths go unpunished. That scent, yes that scent will lead me to the killers. I will take them all out along with every miserable last person in the village. I have been slowly killing them all off. Yes let their blood flow for the crimes that were committed against me. One night of pain for each kit lost. This will be the final night of torture. None shall be left alive.
A man stands on top of a frog as I advance he starts to form seals. He has bright blond hair and piercing blue eyes. Those eyes are truly unique they make even me pause for a second. There is nothing to fear though. He is just like the rest of these pathetic weaklings.
What is this? What is happening to me? What is this feeling? It hurts so much. A voice in the darkness begins to speak. “I know your pain. I will never see my child grow up or rejoin my love.
 
It was that man with the blue eyes. He is saying something to me. He did this!
 
To stop his death I will die sealing you away. I hope from him you can learn not all are to blame for the actions of a few. I give you my son to look over and protect. I hope you will act in my and his mother's stead and watch over him like your own. He may be human, but I see such great potential in him. I have only seen him for a brief time, but from those moments in time will last me an eternity. My love for him and my wife will get me through the pain of doing this. I know the price of using this technique and I don't care as long as my son is safe and living in my stead. I hope that your anger will be soothed and your pain dulled. Mostly I hope that his actions will help to make up for the harm you have done and the lives you have taken these past few nights. I knew my death would come one way or another and I chose to give everything in the hope that you will be a good guardian to him. He is alone now and his path will be hard I hope that you will guide him where I cannot. Treat him well and love him. He is my greatest treasure and I now entrust his care to you.”
Those eyes go blank and the voice falls away. That man did all of this.
End of dream
 
So that is what he meant. He sealed me inside his own kit. When his kit dies I will die. I don't care let the kit die then I can be with my kits and mate. I don't care about what happens to his brat. The sooner he dies the better for me. All I have to do is lay here and wait. It can't be that long. The only good thing is that I can't see anything so I won't have to put up with those kami forsaken humans.
 
In front of her the darkness became a little lighter. It was still dark, but the darkness started to recede a little bit. Over time it gradually grew a little brighter as the years passed. She slowly started to calm down a little bit. The more she calmed the lighter it became until she could see the beginnings of something. Images slowly came to her. She saw people in a village walking around. She was seeing the world through his eyes. What she saw surprised her to no end. The child was no more then two or three and he lived all alone in a small cold apartment.
 
How could the child be treated like this? How is he expected to live all on his own? Oh well, it seems the village is giving him a better revenge then I could ever give him. He is paying for what his father did to me. How does it feel to be all alone kit? Such fun the very village she sought to destroy is helping her to get her revenge on the child of the person who sealed her. What a lovely idea. Yes, this child shall pay for what his father did. He stopped me from taking my revenge on the village for killing my kits. Yeeessss, feel the pain I go through be being alone. I shall keep you alive just to watch as you suffer. This is the most fun I have had in a while.
 
She watched the child each day. She saw the looks the villagers gave him and she loved his pain. All the other children avoided him and she was glad. All of her kits were dead so why should this child be happy? His father did this to her so he would take the repercussions of it. Everyday she watched as a little bit more of the child died out of loneliness. She loved every moment of it. That was until the fourth anniversary of her “death”.
The day started out normal. That was until she noticed the child was getting more glares then normal. Huh, I wonder why? It was later that she found out. Five men broke into his apartment and cornered the child. They proceeded to beat him within an inch of his life. The biggest one told him “Happy Birthday demon I hope you liked your gift. If it wasn't for you the Fourth would still be here.” The men proceeded to leave thinking him dead. If her chakra hadn't healed him he probably would have died. The seal used her chakra whether she willed it or not. His body was healing, but his mind was in terror. In its panic it searched for somewhere to be safe while he healed.
 
A small child walked a path in the dark; water sloshed at his ankles. He continued down a deserted corridor seeing only pipes above his head. She saw the child for the first time that day. He stood there terribly thin and the spitting image of the man who bound her here. He has hair like sunshine and eyes like the clearest of skies. The only difference was the three whisker marks on each cheek that gave him a fox like appearance. He was no bigger then her paw in her fox form and barely reached her thigh in her humanoid form. He was crying silently like somebody use to crying silently. The sight tore her heart. The man had said happy birthday. This child was only a few days younger then her own kits would have been.
 
The little boy made his way towards her cage with eyes filled with awe. They looked so innocent and young yet at the same time so old for somebody who looked like he did. He showed no fear and slowly made his way up to the bars.
 
“Who are you and where am I?” he squeaked out in a cute voice.
 
Who could resist him? I had to though or else I might give in. I had only my anger to keep me going. I couldn't give into his naive charms. I remained still and kept quiet. He just stayed there and kept watching me. I decided the best way would be to ignore him. He didn't like that though. He made his way through the gate and cautiously laid his head down on one of my paws. I find it funny that a whole village feared me so much that they torture a child yet this little child shows no fear and just cuddles up with me. I can't let him stay. I can't let him strip me of my anger. Yet, I couldn't physically harm this cute little chibi. I decided that the best way would be to make him hate me. I got up and walked away from him leaving him alone on the floor.
 
“I am the reason they all hate you. I am the great Kyuubi! I almost succeeded in wiping this village off of the face of the earth and was sealed into your stomach by the Fourth Hokage. They fear you and hate you because of me. I am the reason you are all alone and why you get beat. I am stuck with you until the day you die and because of that the villagers will hate you till the day you die. They all blame my actions on you and will do so for the rest of time.”
 
If that isn't enough to make him hate me I don't know what will. He was silent for a moment then with those tears in his eyes he came forward again and laid down on one of my tails. Again he looked up at me and said one word “Why?” How can one person affect me so?
 
“Why you ask? Why? Because some people from the village slaughtered my three kits that were not even a week old. My mate had died not long before and they were all I had left in this world and I wished for my revenge. Why do they treat you so? They want revenge for what I took from them and the only way to get it is through you. So you see this is my entire fault that you are alone and hurt. Go now and leave me be.”
 
He didn't go though he stayed with me. He stayed through the night lying on my paw like one of my own kits would. Even I, monster that I am, could never harm this child. Maybe if I just ignore him he will stay away from me and leave me to my darkness. In the morning he left when he heard the voice of the current Hokage.
 
I ignore him and yet he won't leave me be. He comes here most nights and lays with me snuggled up beside my paws and covered by my tails. He talks to me almost every day. Why, why? I told him the truth so why does he still come? Why doesn't he blame me for everything that has happened? It has been three years since that day. He gets beat near to death on his birthday and yet he has never once complained or stopped coming to visit me at night. He isolated now more then ever since not even the old man has the time to visit anymore. I have to know. Tonight I will ask him.
 
“Why do you come here? Every night you come here even though everything that happens to you is my fault. Why?” I have to know the answer.
 
He just looked at me with those big blue eyes and said: “I don't want you to be alone like I am. I don't like being alone and you are the only one I can be around. I don't blame you for anything. You are the closest thing I have to a family.
 
Kami, those eyes of his can see into somebody's very soul. He is right though he is my kit in every way that matters. HE is my miracle. I just wrap my tails around him and whisper “Good night my kit.”
 
STOP! STOP! Leave my kit alone! Stop hurting him! No, No not another one of my kit, no not another one. I can't see another one dead. No let me die with you don't leave me alone again. I can't go back to the darkness you are my sunshine that keeps it away! NO!!!! NO!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!! I never wanted my freedom like this, not like this!!!!!
 
MURDERERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL OF THEM MURDERERS!!!!! I shall see that they get what they deserve. I gently lift my kit off of the ground and wipe the blood away from his face. My sunshine is gone. After all of those years my sunshine that kept the darkness away is gone. I cradle his limp, broken body to my heart and tears silently pour down my cheeks.