Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Against All Odds ❯ Four ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto, Kishomoto and the companies that distributes Naruto does. This is done for personal entertainment only.
Author's Note: This story was originally written for a friend of mine who enjoys shoujo-ai fics. Years later, I have done a thorough edit of this story so that I can submit it to the Max Challenge Contest of '08. Currently, a comic of the story is in the works, if you are logged in and would like a notification, let me know in a review and I will personally send a note to you where the comics will be hosted. Now, without a further ado… enjoy!
 
`Open that damn mouth of yours and talk to her, damnit!' Ino thought.
 
“I—I'm sorry for acting like this, Sakura,” she murmured.
 
`No, no, no, turn around and go back!' her thoughts screamed at her.
 
Her feet betrayed her thoughts, continuing towards the door. Ino paused trying to listen to her thoughts and instead of obeying them, she opened the door. Ino stopped briefly, her face turned to the side, wanting to say something else. She grew frustrated with herself and left the room, closing the door behind her.
 
She took deep breaths, leaning against the door and putting her arm down. She stared at the floorboards she was standing on--feeling the weakness in her joints, she slid down the door against her back and curled up into a ball. Wrapping her arms around her legs, she closed her eyes as Ino let her thoughts drift.
 
`What... What in the world just happened in there? How could she just kiss me out of the blue like that?! Without permission too,' she thought, clenching her fist.
 
`But, aren't the best kisses occur when you don't ask for permission and just steal it from another?' Ino pondered and shook her head. `Wait a minute, she stole my kiss! A kiss reserved for a guy!'
 
She looked at her feet and shook her head to rid of the thoughts.
 
`But that doesn't make sense, wouldn't I be happier by being with her? It was a nice kiss, even if it was short and brief,' she thought, raising her fingers to touch her lips.
 
`I thought there were something in that moment… I could have sworn there was sparks in that kiss,' Ino thought, running her fingers over her top lip. `This deep… attraction, maybe I do have something in my heart for Sakura.'
 
Ino unclenched her fist and let her arm drape off her legs as she exhaled.
 
`What will I do with myself?'
 
nmnmnmnm
 
Sakura stared at the door being closed, a stone fell on top of her heart, crushing, squeezing her lungs. She swallowed the thick lump in her throat that was building up, doing her best not to let the tears spill. Even her inner self was silent. The actions Ino made, even her apologies did not ease her pain she was feeling in her soul.
 
`Am I fated… to never have my feelings returned?' she wondered, biting her bottom lip.
 
Her tears swelled at the corner of her eyes.
 
`Can I handle two different hearts whom never return their feelings for me in a single day? How can I have been so damned blind all those years? Ino was right under my nose! I'll never be able to salvage our friendship or love… for both Sasuke and Ino…'
 
She looked outside and saw stars appearing in the sky. Sakura sighed, looking away, wondering if her parents were worried.
 
Sakura blinked, realizing just how much more complicated the situation had become.
 
`How will my parents view this relationship? If there is one… Naruto's heart would be trampled, knowing him and his crush on me. The Konoha village itself! Will they be accepting of people who share homosexual relationships?' she thought, biting her lower lip harder and tasted a tinge of blood.
 
`I can't ask those questions now, if Ino wouldn't even return her feelings, even though she did somewhat confess that she did.'
 
She buried her face into the pillows, frustrated with the fact that she was left to her own devices, not knowing what Ino would say. Much less, accepted and profess her feelings to Sakura. She resigned to herself to wait for Ino to come back in the room with whatever she decided on.
 
nmnmnmnm
 
Ino felt determined and stood up, turned around and rested her hands on the door knob, hesitating.
 
`C'mon, you can do this Ino, surely, she'll accept it since she did say…' her thoughts trailed off, preparing herself for reentry into the room.
 
She turned the knob, pushed it open and saw Sakura's face buried in the pillow. Ino stopped mid-step, wondering what words to use. With a lack of words, she cleared her throat loudly and winced, causing Sakura to sit up quick and stared at her with wide, red eyes. Ino studied her and saw a hint of hope within her eyes.
 
“You know what…” she said, approaching Sakura.
 
She felt her mouth growing dry and wished for a glass of water and stared at the mess she made on the floor, still needing to be picked up.
 
“What?” asked Sakura, her voice barely above a whisper.
 
“I'm glad my first kiss was you, sorry for reacting like that,” she said in a rush.
 
Sakura relaxed her posture, smiling back at her and her eyes casted down onto the mess Ino made.
 
“I'm so glad, I was… really worried,” said Sakura, sighing.
 
The two fell into a companionable silence.
 
“So, uh, what do you want to do tomorrow?” Sakura asked, grinning.
 
“I don't know, you said something about getting back at those girls.”
 
“Yeah…! We'll get them so hard they'll end up at the Konoha hospital,” Sakura said, smirking.
 
“Hee, hee,” Ino giggled and sat down at the edge of her bed.
 
“Hey, since it's getting late and nearly time to sleep, come under the covers,” Sakura suggested. “We haven't done that in years.”
 
“Hmm…. Okay!” Ino agreed, climbing under the covers and cuddled next to Sakura.
 
“Um, after you turn off the lights and the mess is cleaned up…” Sakura said after an awkward silence.
 
“Hah, I forgot about that,” Ino said, her face redding.
 
She sat up and got out then stopped when she heard cracking sounds under her feet.
 
“Oh, ah, whoopsies, I forgot to take off my shoes too.”
 
“That's good, you would have cut your feet if you didn't,” Sakura said seriously, climbing out of bed carefully.
 
“No, you stay put, you don't have your shoes on,” Ino said, pulling the covers over Sakura.
 
Sakura pouted and sat back into her pillows, crossing her arms playfully. While she watched Ino cleaned up the mess, her inner self was crying out in victory.
 
`Yeah! We have our Ino, we'll keep her happy, no matter what! Yeaahhh! Yes! Whoo-hoo!' she yelled, continuously punching her fists in the air. Sakura smiled to herself, tightening her fist to prevent from punching the air too.
 
Once Ino finished her task, she took her shoes off, turned the lights off and crept back into the bed.
 
“One last thing, Sakura, you should call your parents that you're spending the night here,” she said.
 
“Oh, they won't mind, so long I call them in the morning,” Sakura said, not wanting to call them right now.
 
“If you say so,” Ino said, pulling the covers back over themselves.
 
Sakura wrapped her right arm over Ino, laying on her stomach and exhaled a breath with content.
 
“Good night, Ino,” she murmured.
 
“'Night Sakura,” she returned the greetings.
 
fin