Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Bachelor Life or Marriage ❯ 32 ( Chapter 32 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Day 10: Time with my Daddy
Chapter 32

Disclaimer: No owns Naruto.

Tenth day. Wednesday.
(1:21 pm)
Klackedy. Klack. Klack. That's what a bicycle sounds like to me. And those were the sounds that were echoing off the trees beside the birds and the bees.
Yuri was peddling through the forest to her other father's house. You see Mrs. Wei divorced Yuri's real father and married Mr. Wei, the retired smith who eats strawberries, when Yuri was ten years old. Yuri wanted to keep her old last name but Mrs. Wei wouldn't have any of that.
Yuri's real father was an expert counter guerrilla and a legendary ex-leader of a band of people who gave their services to anyone wanting to solve or make cryptograms or cryptographic systems. The Kages were always asking him for any hints of missing-nins because he mostly worked with them. Kureshima Hayashi doesn't betray any of his clients evil or good. So you might say he makes friends with everybody and stays on the neutral. (Cryptography-the enciphering and deciphering of messages in secret code or cipher. Counter guerrilla-a guerrilla who is trained to thwart enemy guerrilla operations)
He lives smack dab in the middle of the forest. Not too far away for Yuri to visit her old man. Luckily Kakashi didn't have to meet both fathers. Now I'm wondering which one will lead Yuri down the aisle of holy matrimony, if I ever get that far.
Baby Kalong sitting in the basket on her purple bicycle was excited going on a trip. Yuri back in her shorts and sandals also had a box of sweet rice flour in the basket.
“Kalong, we're going to meet someone. Just to warn you, he can be pretty odd at times but he's still my father. So you have to be nice to him or he'll hang you up in a tree,” she said to an ignoring white fox.
“I miss our chats Kalong. When will you start talking? Wonder if I have to train you to talk too. I hope not.”
/How long are we going to stay this time? If he asks us to go on another hiking, just say hell no, don't want to go through that again/ Inner Yuri voiced her opinion.
`Don't worry about that. He finished that already, he's not going to do that again, unless there's something like gold up in the mountains.'
Inner Yuri was referring to the time when just a two-day hike turned out to be a two-week adventure. Kureshima Hayashi, the name I just gave him, pretended they got lost so he could try the hot springs in the snowy mountains. Yuri gave him a good bashing on that one.
He is the adventurous type. He likes to try everything once, that's where Yuri got her daredevil instincts from, and is pretty lazy when he can't think of anything to do.
`Should've brought a radio with me,' she thought getting off her bike.
She put the bike on her shoulder and started walking around. Why didn't she use her bicycle? Because Mr. Kureshima planted booby traps like land mines around his house to keep away any solicitors who ask for any customs.
Yuri caught the leaping Kalong before landing on the ground. An exact spot for strangers to fall into a pit, with a net and underneath the net was scorpions. Yes what a weirdo. Should've used snakes instead.
Yuri breathed, “Kalong don't do things like that. You have to look where you leap. Not leap and see the sky 6 feet under.”
Kalong just yipped. She set her bike next to the door. Finally making it to the door, she kicked the door open, flicked off her sandals, and went into the kitchen.
His Japanese house was completely and I mean completely empty. No furniture, rugs, or lights anywhere besides the kitchen filled with cooking stuff. Kureshima Hayashi was a lazy man surprising he doesn't get fat. In the woods, it's always warm at night so he constantly leaves the doors and windows open.
“Yo! Daddy-o! I'm here!” she yelled out.
He zipped on in pretty quick in there and hugged her.
“Ooh! Wee! Yuri, you finally visit me! Let me look at you girl!” he held her hand and twirled her around.
“I see you're still up and about,” Yuri looked at him swirly eyed.
The 55-year-old man looked healthy as an ox and smart as a fox. A few gray hairs appeared in his light and dark blue spiky hair. His black Harry Potter look alike glasses were on top of his head and his eyebrows were thin and small and were high on his head. Making him look like he has smaller eyes and looks always surprised. His 6 foot 6 inch frame towered over her.
“Yes sirree! I like it! I like it! You look nice. Sure do, you look bur ti ful!” he shouted.
“Thanks for the-”
He touched her cheek, “Girrl! Somethin' musta happened to you. You're glowing today.”
He clapped his hands, snapped his fingers, and pointed at her.
“Wait, wait. I got it. You finally listened to me and put on some makeup, didn't ya?” he grew a wide smile, “Did you say `yes' to a man? I bet that's it, you got yourself a man! I knew the makeup would bring all the boys to your yard,” he crossed his arms and nodded.
Yuri went along with it, “I guess you're assumptions are correct. But I didn't wear any mak-”
Mr. Kureshima threw his hands up in the air, “I'm right. I knew it! I knew it! I always told you, you still are a pretty pretty princess,” he slapped her back.
Yuri shook her head and opened the box of sweet rice flower. Hayashi looked over her shoulder and gasped.
“Yuri, is that what I think I think?” he had sparkles in his eyes.
“Yep! You didn't have any the last time I came here. So I brought a box myself. I should make you do this yourself.”
“B-b-but, I know you make the best! I can cook to save my life but I know I can't make those sweet things taste so good as yours.”
/Geez, once a woman comes along. They suddenly don't know how to cook. Boke/ Inner Yuri complained. (Boke-dumbass)
“Well thanks for the compliment,” Yuri poured the flour and some water into a bowl and started to whisk.
Mr. Kureshima sat on the floor and eyed the fox hiding behind Yuri's legs. He crawled over and picked Kalong up by the scruff.
“Now what do we have here! Yuri how could you? This must be the other reason of why you're glowing.”
She turned around, “His name is Kalong. He can get pretty cute when he wants to be.”
“You're not supposed to get a cat until your hussy dies off, you're 60 years old, and no one comes to visit you, Yuri.”
“Dad, it's `hubby' not `hussy.' And he's not a cat, he's a fox.”
He shrugged, “It has eyes, ears, and a tail. They all look the same to me.”
The dough was ready to be molded now. She started stacking up each piece.
“Find anything to do?” she asked him.
“I'm trying to do something. I won't tell if you won't tell but…” he looked around and waved her over.
No one was around for miles, I hoped. Yuri came closer.
“Trying to do my kinjutsu (forbidden jutsu) again,” he whispered to her.
She scoffed, “You shouldn't be doing that. You know what happened last time you tried to do it. You couldn't get in or out of bed for a month. Your chakra's going to close up again if you do it.”
Hayashi stroked Kalong.
“I'm tired doing genjutsus, ninjutsus got boring, and I could make up some new taijutsus. But I'm bored of that too if no ones going to watch me show off. So what else to do but practice my kinjutsu!” Hayashi beamed.
“Don't get killed during the process,” she murmured.
“Name.”
“What name?”
“What's his name that got you glowing?”
“It's Kakashi. Remember? You're the one that started the whole `Let's have our babies get married!' arranged marriage thing,” she pulled out an iron wok.
Hayashi rubbed his chin, “I always said the Hatakes were a perfect match for us Kureshima's. Yep yep!” he laughed out loud.
Hayashi still and always will think of Kureshima Yuri and not Wei Yuri.
“Whatever you say,” she separated the sticky dough with a pair of chopsticks.
“So! So! How is my chosen future son-in-law? He must be doing fine if you agreed to marry him.”
“Hey, we didn't say we're going to get married,” she took the frying dough out of the wok.
“Ah but you're thinking about it. It must be my son-in-law, he just needs to find the perfect time to propose, cause you know the man must always propose. That's how it's always been done. Sure do!”
“Whatever you say,” she put the fried doughs back into the wok with sugar and water.
“You better tell me if he hits you or anything. I'll come and beat him up for you,” he put his fists up.
`Where have I heard that before?' she rolled her eyes.
(9:45 pm)
The father, daughter, and white fox where lying on the floor staring up at the dark ceiling.
“You know what's weird?' Mr. Kureshima asked with his hands under his head.
“What?”
“People who fold their dirty clothes. I mean they're going to just going to wash them anyway. It just doesn't make sense,” he took a sip out of his sake cup.
“I guess you can say that's weird. But what's funny is training a llama to spit at people when they pet it,” Yuri took her sip and set it back down on the floor.
“What the heck is a `hiccup' llama?”
“Why are you asking me what a llama is? You said llama first,” apparently she was slightly drunk.
Kalong was growling near the open doors. Yuri sat up.
“Kalong who's out there? If you jump out there, don't get yourself blown up by the landmines.”
“Jump. Landmines. Blown gotcha',” he jumped off into the night.
Yuri looked around, if she didn't say it, and that wasn't Daddy speaking in tongues, then that must mean Kalong spoke his first words.
“Least he finally said something,” she sobered herself up and walked to the closet.
She put the essentials on her, kunais, pouch, knives, and whatever she could fit on her. Mr. Kureshima passed out. Oh well, she could take care of it. Whatever it was.
Yuri stepped out of the house and looked out. It was already dark, Kalong went off, and now she would have to look for him too. With any luck, he didn't fall into a trap. She sensed something. Yuri turned her head to the left.
`Who's out here?'
“Kalong! Where'd you go?” she called out, stepping carefully remembering the traps.
It was a warm night out tonight, a cool wind brushed past her, while a falling leaf blocked her vision for a second. That's when she saw the yellow glow between the trees. Her heart skipped a beat, wishing she had some shoes on now, her feet were bare and wasn't going to go back and make a ruckus now.
Yuri warily followed the glow. As she came closer, she heard Kalong's growls and trees cracking. She entered the clearing and wow, she didn't expect this at all, Kalong had put up an electric barrier around a man. And it wasn't Kakashi either.
She smiled baring her teeth to the man, he sighed and gave a small smile, and Kalong sparked some more.
“I know who you are,” she sang.
“Have we met?” he said smoothly.
She studied her fingernails, “This reminds me of a somewhat similar situation.”
He looked at her for a moment and thought to himself, `She does seem familiar.'
“Though the scene was much darker than this and it was pouring hard outside,” she nodded.
He recalled something like that in his mind; he couldn't remember that day, other than for the fact that he never forgets anything.
“Who are you?” he said darkly.
Yuri walked up to the barrier; “Guess I did clonked you to the head pretty hard.”
His eyes slanted more, “What do you mean?”
`Seriously he acts just like Kalong.'
“Okay, Kalong let him go. If you're wandering around here, you might as well stay at the empty house,” she turned around and started walking away.
Kalong snorted blowing up dust and flicked his tail. The barrier disappeared and it was back to being dark. He pranced away, the man followed, and Yuri led the way.
/-/-/ Back at the Empty House /-/-/
(12:45 am)
Mr. Kureshima finally sobered himself up to look at the man.
“What do you want?” he said.
Yuri looked at her dad, “You know him?”
“Hell nah. Now did you get lost at the fork in the road? I bet you just went right in the middle,” Mr. Kureshima poured the man a drink.
The man dug threw his pockets and slid a paper face down his way. Kureshima looked down at it and looked at him again.
The man cleared his throat, “I heard there was someone that could read these,” he patted the paper.
“Guess you head correct,” Kureshima leaned back.
“Well can you read it?” he asked.
Yuri and Kalong watched the two males sit in front of each other. They waited. Kureshima folded his arms.
“Can you?” he asked again.
“How can read anything if I'm in the freaking dark? Are you just trying to make me blinder?” a vein popped up in his head.
“Oh sorry,” he bowed and took out a flashlight.
And then there was light. Kureshima flipped the paper over.
“That's it. How boring,” Kureshima pushed the paper back to him.
“What. What did it say?”
“Oh you're gonna die in seven days.”
The man's face paled.
“It really says that? Hey,” Yuri looked at the paper.
The man clicked off his flashlight and slowly stood up. They looked up at him wondering what he was going to do next. He swayed out to the door; Kureshima got up and pulled him to the floor.
“People can't take a joke nowadays. Kidding little man. It said to meet at the slide,” he shook his head.
The young man tried to turn his head but his face was flat on the floor. Kureshima had his foot on his head. He looked at Yuri. She sat up straighter.
“Take this boy to the slide Yuri. Bet he doesn't know where that is either.”
“Right now?” she tilted her head.
Shiny demon eyes appeared in the dark. She shivered and scrambled back to the wall and sweat dropped. Kalong was wise not to mess with this one.
“Yea, right now will do,” she said.
The eyes turned off. Kureshima walked to the edge of the door.
“Yuri, you better not lose him,” he said and vanished.
Yuri sighed dejectedly and looked at the young man. Just a plain looking boy and a plain looking task.
“Come on, Fresh Bread. Let's see what's so important at the cliff,” Yuri got up and put on her shoes.
She picked up her bike, Kalong jumped inside the basket, and sniffed towards the woods.
Fresh Bread followed her, “You better stick close to me Bread. You might fall into a pit of scorpions around here.”
Fresh gulped and stayed as close as he could. When they were out of the danger zone, she set her bike down and climbed on, she looked back at him.
“Get on, don't want you passing out to whatever occasion you're going to,” Yuri patted the seat behind her.
He slowly got on. Wimp. She sped off and he took hold of her shoulders. She didn't like this; she rolled her shoulders around, removed her hands from the handlebars, and put his hands around her stomach before peddling into a tree.
They were silent most of the way. When there was some moonlight shining through he finally said something.
“My name is Hirokawa,” he said against the wind blowing in his face, he spitted a leaf out of his mouth.
`Pretty average,' she thought, “Nice to meet you Fresh Bread.”
“Why you keep calling me `Fresh Bread'?”
“Habit with new employees,” she shrugged.
“But I'm not your employee,” no really.
“As I said bad habit. So who sends a letter to a guy like you?”
/-/-/ At the Cliff /-/-/
(3 in the freaking morning)
Yuri yawned out loud and stretched.
“This person better have a good reason to come here,” she leaned back on a tree.
A couple minutes later, a hooded figure appeared at the edge. Hirokawa stiffened up when he or she started walking up to him. Yuri watched the figure hug Hiro.
`Looks like a reuniting pair of lovers. How dumb,' she sighed and cycled away.
She missed K-chan already.
Mini-Flashback
“Yuri, you better not lose him,” he said and vanished.
End BackFlash
/I think he was talking about something else/ Inner Yuri stroked her chin thoughtfully.
`What do you mean?'
/I can't believe I can be stupid at times like this/ she pinched between her eyes.
`Well I'm waiting,' she skidded in front of her house.
/He's talking about Kakashi! Good kami, help my other self see the light/ she threw her hands up.
Yuri popped in her room and started gathering some things.
“Okay, I see now. Like in that one book, where they keep saying stuff and those other people finally figure out in the end that they were the killer. That was a good book.”
/Good to know education wasn't wasted on us huh/
`Quit being sarcastic.'
Yuri pulled out a pen and three pieces of paper.
“And now time to write the conclusion!” she started scribbling down some stuff starting with Dear and ending with your loving daredevil.
She licked the three envelopes and made a face, “Next time I'll have Kalong do the licking.”
Kalong shifted his head to her, “Licking.”
Yuri petted him, “Good white fox.”
She threw her bag on her back and picked up Kalong. Yuri opened the window took one last look and petered out.
/-/-/ A House /-/-/
(5:01 am, the crack of dawn)
Shuffle, shuffle, and shove. Tam tam tam. Rolls over. Thud thud thuds. Sits up and looks at the dark figure.
“Err. Who's ya mother?” she muttered.
She smirked, “Niaka, get your butt up.”
“My runway model that made me millions. Glad to see you break into my house. Now what the hell are you doing here?” Niaka pulled her black blankets around her shoulders.
“I didn't break in, the door was unlocked, and I thought you might've gotten robbed or something,” Yuri grinned.
“You're here because…?”
“Need a place to stay maybe?” Yuri's eyebrows rose and looked off.
Niaka shot her hands off and slapped them on Yuri's face.
“Pause, hold right there! I'm having some inspiration again,” she dove her hand under her pillow and pulled out her camera and started shooting.
Blank face.
`I think I should've just went to Sakura's house instead,' Yuri saw different colored circles.
“This will look fan-tabulous in the new collection!”
“A new collection?”
“Damn right! A whole new vision occurred to me,” she waved her hand across her view.
Stars appeared in her eyes. Yuri saw some dollar signs in there too.
`Yep, should've went to Sakura's.'
Another wave of colorful polka dots showed up.

Kureshima-mixed the two words, ureshii and akuma, together and you get the “Happy devil.”
This chapter was much easier to type but since school starts I have to be a procrastinator. I keep making Yuri meet all these guys, I can't help myself, and my subconscious doesn't want me to finish. But I must finish, preferably before my birthday and also Ino-pig's birthday. Yuck, why couldn't I have been born on Kakashi's birthday? vv
Thanks for waiting and reading. Ja ne!