Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Bachelor Life or Marriage ❯ 34 ( Chapter 34 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Day 12: I really hate Clichés
Chapter 34
Disclaimer: I'm sad; I don't own any of these hot characters.

Twelfth day. Friday.
(7:30 am)
Yuri's POV
Yep, so here I am. Flour all the way up to my elbows and it feels good. Feels good to be back in Konoha. Making food is a favorite hobby but kneading dough is a pain. Before and after doing this part is easy.
Where am I and what am I doing, you ask? I…convinced the head chef in some famous bakery. I didn't pay attention to the name just the food. And their bread was delicious. I wanted to know how I could make this.
The head chef with his weird accent of which he mentioned was French. I don't know what this `French' was but I'm guessing he thinks of himself as some kind of great pastry.
How'd I convince him? I said, “I'll work for free for three hours.” Seeing how I had 3 hours left after this till I meet K-chan. I failed to understand his French accent when it turned even heavier with `errs', `acs', and `eu's'. That's all I could hear when he started speaking in gibberish. It looked like happy gibberish though; one of his assistant chefs came by and interpreted what the head chef was saying.
“He says that `Finally! Someone willing to work! I work with a bunch of amateurs I tell you!' He doesn't really mean that it's only the new student he's training,” the assistant said to me.
Hmm, okay. I meet all kinds of people. I shouldn't be surprised by this one. The Head Chef, his name was Pierre and you had to roll those r's or he won't even look at you, I can't roll my r's. Rolling r's is my speech impediment.
So I just called him Master P, no I wasn't kissing ass here; I just couldn't roll those dang r's. He beamed at that, forgot about his student-in-training, and showed me how to make that tasty bread.
“This is one of favorites, ma cherie. Very difficult to make but you also have hands of an experienced chef. You'll be happy to know this is mon family's traditional recipe and I'll be happy to know someone wants to learn something,” Master P glared at his workers.
Did he call me a cherry? Yes, definitely a weird guy with magic hands in the kitchen. I watched him and copied his moves and after painfully wasting possibly 30 minutes kneading a piece of dough, he at last did something else. I didn't think it was too difficult just took very long to do.
I rubbed my floured hands on the apron Master P gave me and waited for the bread to finish baking in the oven. I looked at the fancy clock on the fancy wall. I used two hours of my time making bread. It was nine already.
Fours left, I'm getting pretty antsy meeting K-chan. See look, my fingers are twitching either I'm antsy or something's heading my way unexpectedly. I helped the other workers and student-in-training train just to pass the time. The oven dinged and it looked, insert a heavy sigh here, heavenly.
Master P and everyone else working there crowded around the large counter in the middle of the kitchen. There were two plates, Master P's bread and mine, why did everyone come here. There weren't any fights just two plates of bread; it's no big deal. Plus I don't want to look like an idiot if the bread doesn't come out right.
Master P folded his arms and stared long and hard at the two pieces like he was trying to find the question of the universe. I seen two other chefs and they were wearing all black while everyone else was white. Referees I suppose.
Pierre nodded and the two refs came over with a knife and fork and cute a slice of each. Guess this was a part of Iron Chef too. Everyone stared at them taking agonizingly slow chews and swallowed before it got on my nerves.
They did thumbs up and everyone else had a fork in their hand that came out of nowhere. Nothing was left when I blinked. Damn scavengers, I was going to take that with me.
Master P looked pretty smug, “You are à la française, tres magnific!”
I didn't know what that meant either but he was kissing both of my cheeks and shaking my hand like a jackrabbit. The same assistant came over I looked at him pleading to stop this crazy man.
“Chef Pierre said, `You are in the French manner, greatly magnificent.' Not a lot of people receive praises from him. You must be really good,” he said.
Magnificent? That's going a little bit too far. I make one simple pastry and I'm praised. Master P went off somewhere while the others were congratulating me with slaps on the back. He came back holding up a bottle and handed it to me. I didn't take it at first.
He started speaking in that gibberish again, “Tu prend le gamay! C'est bien.”
I looked to the assistant, “He wants to give you some red wine. It's good he says. Just take it, it's cheap wine but he passes them out to all the people he congratulates.”
“Red wine? I just wanted to take my pastry home and eat it,” I said.
I don't care for red wine too much. I wanted my pastry damn it. Pierre handed me a bag and I took it. I sighed. Going to buy one later then, someone ruined my happiness at the moment.
Cooking at a bakery for free, check. Leaving the bakery, I put the bag in my bigger bag and went to use up my last three and a half hours left.
I wandered around Konoha, places where K-chan wouldn't be at, I hoped, and I didn't want him to see me just yet. I was still deciding if I would say yes if he asked me to marry him. It usually happens; he asks `Will you marry me?' and then she'll say with happy tears in her eyes `I do.' Or some stupid normal saying like that.
I mean, of course I should say yes, I'm here aren't I? I wasted my week vacation to spend time with him on my own free will disregarding what our two mothers arranged. No, I didn't waste it; I had a great time with K-chan. It was a great vacation, we renewed our friendship card, and of course we both like each other. Possibly even loved me.
Dang, I'm thinking too much on this. I love him and that's all that matters. That lifted up my spirits. I sat down near some stairs and watched a drama group perform.
“Soriko it's me Rae. Open the door,” some teenager all in black banged on the imaginary door.
I watched them and felt the air shift next to me. It was that ero-senin, Jiraiya; I turned to look at him holding binoculars.
“You owe me breakfast, Jiraiya,” I told him.
“I need another flash of inspiration. Do you mind if you posed for me?” he asked like I was going to yes.
“Hell no!”
“Help me on my next scene then.”
“Buy me some ice cream and then we'll talk,” I folded my arms.
His eyes popped again and pulled out his handy dandy notepad and started scribbling.
“Ice cream! What a good idea. Let's go!” he touched my shoulder and we poofed off.
/-/-/ Some Park /-/-/
We brought me to a park. Basically where all the ice cream men live because of the great sales. I got a double scoop of vanilla since they ran out of orange flavored ice cream.
This park looks familiar. Must have passed by it when I wasn't paying attention.
“Now we're at the scene where the Pachinko and Naomi are fighting over Shinsosuke. And they just happened to meet each other in the public bathrooms. Heh heh he,” I knew he was thinking dirty thoughts right now. You could tell by his drool.
“Well if you want to be specific go check out the girls bathroom then,” I easily said.
Again with the holding hand thing! It was pissing me off and if he weren't a civilian right now I would beat him up. He went down on his knees and did the most outrageous thing I'd seen that day.
“Yuri I love you! Will you marry me?” he practically shouted, making everyone in the park turn to us.
Oh kami, this was more attention than I wanted. Least I was absolutely sure I was going to say hell no to this.
“Jiraiya,” I started.
“Yuri?” some voice said.
Shit, please don't tell me who I think I'm thinking? …You just had to tell me it was K-chan didn't you? I turned my head around and saw him walking over to us. Jiraiya got up and pulled me into him. Him! I pushed myself off him. Yuck, nasty old ero-senin waves have seeped into my pores.
“Copy-ninja! Long time no see!” Jiraiya shouted.
“Jiraiya,” K-chan said not looking at him at all.
He took me by the hand and started walking away.
“Kakashi-,” he tugged on my hand not finishing my sentence.
Darn, he was mad. This always happens in the books. Where the girl always does something wrong and then the guy comes and sees her. Then he leaves her because he didn't want to listen to the truth. I hate clichés.
We were soon heading farther into the forest. It was getting darker and I couldn't remember the way back with his twists and turns. Kakashi finally stopped. He didn't look at me.
“K-chan, he was only playing around. Jiraiya's an old man, he's senile,” I tried to tell him the truth.
“He just wanted my help writing his book. There is nothing-serious going on between that pervert and me. Except that he owes me breakfast,” he wasn't laughing and I couldn't feel him smile.
I walked in front of him. His eyes were blank and cold.
“Yuri I love you,” he said softly.
I wonder if this is how it feels like to come out of a coma and see the one you love. He really loves me. It feels nice.
“K-chan I love you too.”
I took a step toward him but he took a step back.
“But I don't want you to see you with another man in that position again,” he said a little bit more strongly.
“Okay I won't. I'm not a two-timer. He's just crazy like I said before,” I don't know why he was acting like this.
“When did you come back?” he put his hands in his pockets.
“The day after you left.”
“And you couldn't come and tell me you was here?”
Uh oh, this wasn't turning good.
“I needed to do some thinking and had some things to check off my to do list.”
“What kind of thinking?”
“What is this? Twenty questions?” I was getting frustrated.
“Do you like leading guys on or what?” and see the one I loved disappear.
“I don't do that! K-chan, I would've kicked Jiraiya's ass if you didn't drag me here! But I couldn't because he was old and a civilian.”
“He's a ninja too.”
I gaped at him. You mean I could have beaten him up? Why didn't anybody tell me? I don't understand a lot of things sometimes. I frowned greatly. My eyes were burning. I hated this. I hate being part of another cliché. My heart hurt maybe I had cancer or maybe heartbreak.
“We really are just a cliché,” I said before I poofed off.
I finally stopped when I nearly couldn't breathe. I do believe I was lost now. I'll find my way back somehow. Or maybe just die a horrible death here and see who finds my dead carcass ass first. I took out the bottle and there was the pastry I was trying to make. I finished the bread and got tired.
And oh look. It began to rain. Stupid precipitation. Warm rain?
No, I was crying. I haven't cried in a hella long time. Why should I be crying now? Oh kami, what is happening to me?
The tree wasn't a very good umbrella; water still plopped down in my hair. My bag was getting soggy; I leaned my head on the tree and closed my eyes.
A very good childhood friend. Wished he stopped acting like one. I'm acting like one too. But I'll do what all other stories do, beg his forgiveness.
The branch creaked, it sounded like it was going to break. Oh well, I guess I should get going. Weak stupid branch.
I stared at him. He was soaking wet on the branch.
“Come on, Yuri. Let's go home,” he said calmly.
I closed my eyes and shook my head. I didn't want to leave. Not yet, when the rain was so comforting.
“You're going to get sick,” Kakashi was still talking.
I'm sorry for making him worry, but I need to think about some things.
“Well, you can do that when we're at home,” Kakashi said.
Tell me I didn't just say that?
“You did say that. Now come on,” Kakashi answered.
He turned around and crouched, I didn't know what he was doing. Maybe a stomachache?
“You okay Kakashi?” I asked him.
He looked back, “Not until you come with me. Get on.”
Again insisting, sometimes he can be too serious. But I shivered, he was right I couldn't sit here all night. I could but I didn't want him here disturbing my thinking process. I put both hands on his shoulder, he latched onto my legs, and he jumped off.
Just lying on his back made me start to cry even more. He couldn't see and I hoped he couldn't feel it soaking through his clothes. He didn't look back at me.
Today was a long day. I was really tired. The jumping motion and K-chan's warm back was making me sleepy. Not sleeping for two days would make me tired. I fell asleep on his back and the next thing you know I was in bed. K-chan was tucking me in bed, he eyed me, and that look was in his eyes. I forgot what that look was called but I fell asleep again.

Okay, I hope you liked it. Man, I was determined to finish this and I did. There's still some more.