Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Back to Reality ❯ Meeting a new friend ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Full summary: Naruto meets Katsuki, a kunoichi that's extremely out of the ordinary. She has a Kekkai genkai that Kakashi and Itachi are curious about and even more so, Orochimaru wants her for. Akatsuki tries to capture Naruto but Kat intervenes and she comes out with terrible wounds.
Sasuke leaves out of rage, and he's used as a puppet to lure Kat to Orochimaru. the only question is will it work? and does she care enough to save him? Jiraiya thinks that both Naruto and herself have ample ability and he trains both of them. As Kyuubi's seal weakens because of Orochimaru's spell, Naruto is loosing more of himself. can Kat bring him back to reality?


Disclaimer: I don’t own any Naruto characters but Katsuki belongs to me! ^^

‘ ‘ represents thoughts
“ “ represents speech
Bold represents Kyuubi talking to Naruto

Chapter one

Meeting a new friend

It was a normal, sunny day in Konoha when a cry of anger rang out over the whole city. “Naruto! Get back here you little deranged fox boy!” two villagers shout as they chase the little blond haired boy zipping along the streets. “No way I’m gonna let you guys catch me! You want to beat me up again! I’m not gonna let that happen…” he ran faster and hid between the two buildings that the two men chasing him would never be able to fit in between. The two villagers ran past him and the chibi Naruto let out a breath that he didn’t know he had held. “Whew, man I thought I was gonna have to run some more…”

A soft voice came from behind him. “Why were they chasing you? I can understand why they’d be chasing me but you? I can’t understand that…” Naruto shifted and turned around in the small alley. He saw a young girl that looked his age with blue-green eyes, shoulder length silver hair and she was wearing a black Chinese style dress with a silver dragon winding around her side. “What are you doing here and who are you?” Naruto asked as he looked her over.

The girl smiled and replied with the same soft and airy voice. “My name is Katsuki Nakami, What’s yours?” Naruto smiled at her a little warily but then it brightened. “My name is Naruto Uzumaki. Let’s get out of here, it’s so cramped…” Kat nodded and she grabbed his hand, leading him through the alleys and they stopped in a quiet part of town where there wasn’t any people. “In here…There’s no one here and we can do what ever we want!” she gave him a large smile and opened the door to the closest building. Naruto looked around in awe. It was huge! “Whoa, who lives here?” he asked in amazement. “This place is huge! It’s like a mansion or something…”

Kat giggled. “My family gave me this house when they died. I live here alone now. It gets so lonely here but when I met you, I knew that I met someone that I could actually talk to without being chased all over Konoha.” Naruto nodded his head in agreement. “It’s actually good that I found someone that doesn’t want to beat me up or calls me names…” Kat grabbed his hand and pulled him up the set of winding stairs and into a large room that looked like a mix of a library and a game room.

Kat let Naruto’s hand go and looked at him with bright blue green eyes. “I had a good idea Naruto. We could play games or read some of the picture books I have here…” she looked to him with a slight grin. He shook his head. “I know something better!” He said with a happy yell. He ran over to her and tapped her on the shoulder. “Tag! You’re it!” He yelled and ran away from her. Kat caught on quickly and she chased after him, and they ran out of the huge library. She hadn’t played tag before but she had seen the children playing after school…She laughed gaily and pounced on him. “Gotcha!” she said as he landed on the floor and she landed on top of him. He laughed as well. “that was fun…It took you a while…” he laughed even more and he stopped as he saw the evil look on Kat’s face.

“Kat…I don’t like that look….” she smirked and brought her hand to his stomach, spreading her fingers wide, then proceeded to tickle him mercilessly. “Hah! Call me slow and this is what you’ll get Naruto!” she said over his loud laughter. He squirmed and wiggled under her fingers and he whimpered a little as well. “K-Kat! Stoop! P-please!” he gasped as he caught his breath. She just grinned and said simply “Why? It’s nice to see you like this…You’re laughing…you’re not sad…”

Naruto rolled out of her grip and gasped as he looked at her. “Well, It’s fun to laugh, but I needed to catch my breath…” He grinned as he caught his breath and pounced on her. “Now it’s your turn!” he said with a laugh and their roles were reversed. “Didn’t this just happen?” Naruto asked as he looked into her bright eyes. She nodded. “I’m not going to let you do it either, you’re going to have to catch me first!” she rolled out from under him and got up, then darted out of the room. He followed her just as fast and found that she wasn’t anywhere in the house. “Where did she go?” he asked to himself. As he walked past the open front door, a note fluttered against it and he grabbed it. It was a simple note saying Hey Naru-kun, I’ll be somewhere in the village. You have to find me. This is like hide and go seek. ~love Kat.

He smirked and said aloud. “This is going to be fun. She really doesn’t know who she’s dealing with here…I’m really good at hiding and running.. And the fact that I’m the number one prankster of Konoha!” He walked out of Kat’s house and shut the door. Darting across the empty streets, he looked at the obvious spots that he would hide and he didn’t find Kat there at all. “I didn’t expect this to be easy…” He murmured to himself. He came to the more populated section of Konoha and he had to slow down more to really check the good hiding places.

Kat snickered from her hiding place in the shady eaves of a sakura tree. “It will be a while before he finds me here…I’m pretty far outside the village but not too far…” A cool voice came from above her. “Who are you hiding from?” Kat looked up but she couldn’t find anyone. “Who’s there, show yourself!” she said as she scanned the trees for the owner of the mysterious voice. The voice, decidedly male, chuckled lowly. “Why should I? It’s better for me to be hidden from sight right now…”

Kat knew he was gone because she heard the familiar swirl of leaves that ninjas use as they leave. “Man…who was that guy?” she asked to herself.

She groaned silently as she heard someone come up behind her. Turning around, she smiled as she saw that it wasn’t Naruto. “Who are you?” she asked the black haired boy. He looked at her with a cool stare that was practiced. “I am Sasuke Uchiha. Who are you?” Kat smiled at him. I’m Katsuki Nakami. What are you doing here?” He looked at her with a blank stare. ”It’s really none of your business…” he said coolly. Kat half glared at him. “I only asked a question! You don’t have to get snippy at me ya know! At least answer my question!” He tilted his head to the side a bit and sighed. “If you really must know, I’m just passing through. What are you doing here hiding in a tree?” Kat smirked at him. “I’m hiding from someone.” She sent a glance at him and smiled at him. “Well it was nice meeting you but go find another place to hide ok? I can’t have Naruto find me because of you Sasuke…”

He sent a surprised look to her. “What are you doing with that loser? He’s nothing but trouble…” Kat glared at him. “Leave.” She said in an angry tone. He just “Hmphed.” and jumped from the tree that she was in and she didn’t see him in the area after that.

Kat jumped out of the trees and she ran back into the village and just as she past Ichiraku’s she ran into a silver haired adult reading a book as he walked down the streets. Looking up she smiled slightly. “Oh I’m sorry. Please forgive me.” He grinned at her under his mask and he said happily. “It’s no problem. I’m Kakashi Hatake what is your name? I haven’t seen you around in the academy…” Kat smiled. “I’m Katsuki Nakami. Sarutobi-sama’s placing me in the academy tomorrow. He said it would be best to evolve my skills that way.”

Kakashi nodded absently. “Hmm. So the hokage said that? Interesting…I’m sorry Kat, but I’m going to have to cut this talk a little short. I have to go and submit my mission report, I’ve already become too sidetracked…” He chuckled and rubbed the side of his head.

“Kat smiled at him. “That’s ok. It was nice talking with you Kakashi-san!” she said as he walked away. Then, she darted across the streets and she gasped as she collided with Naruto. They fell to the ground and she grinned disappointedly. “Awww…I wanted to hide more before you found me…I didn’t want you to find me like this…” He laughed and then he grinned at her. “I didn’t think I would find you like this either!” Then he started to laugh again.

Looking at him, she smiled a bit. “Hey Naruto? I passed a ramen stand earlier…are you hungry?” He looked at her like she was a goddess. “Oh my god Kat! I’m starving right now! Can we go and get something to eat?” She giggled and grabbed his hand. “Yeah, c’mon!” she led him to Ichiraku’s and they sat down at two stools near the front counter. The young girl that took the orders came around and she smiled at them. “What will you have?” Kat grinned. “Hmm…Hey Naruto, does chicken ramen sound good?” she asked as she looked at him. He nodded and grinned back. “Yeah! I haven’t had that in a long time…The last one I had was shrimp…” She took down the order and went back behind the counter.

She came back with two bowls of ramen and sat them in front of them. Setting chopsticks by them as well, they smiled and said “Itadakimasu” then began to dig in after a minute. The way that Naruto finished his ramen in four minutes, Kat could tell that he was really hungry. He began to sip the broth just as she finished the noodles. He finished the broth and sat the bowl back on the counter. He sat the chopsticks down inside the bowl. “Mmm. That was so good!” He grinned and looked over to Kat who was sipping the broth slightly.

She finished the broth and she set her bowl down on the counter with her chopsticks in it. Setting twenty ryo out on the counter to pay for the ramen, she grabbed Naruto’s hand and dragged him out of the ramen stand. “C’mon! Let’s get out of here…” He followed her on unsteady legs and answered her with “Where are we going Kat?” she smiled at him as she stopped in the middle of the street. “Well, I was thinking that we could look for something to do…We couldn’t stay there all day…How about looking for someone to talk to?”

Naruto shot her a depressed look. “Why would anyone want to talk to me? They always say mean stuff about me or just stay away from me…No one would want to talk to me…”

Kat grabbed him by the shoulders. “Look at me Naruto. They may not talk to you now, but hell, I know I’ll get them to talk to you by the end of this year!” She smiled at him. “They can’t be that damn stubborn! Hey Naruto? Are you going to the ninja academy that’s taught by Iruka-sensei?”

He grinned at her. “Yeah I’m going there but It’s soo boring!” he whined. She gave him a shining smile. “Well, maybe it’ll be less boring with me there! Its going to be my first day there tomorrow…” she said happily. He looked to her amazed. “Really? That’s great!” He hugged her in his excitement and as he noticed what he was doing, he let go and they both blushed.

Kat looked up to the sky and she gasped as she saw the pretty pink colors in the sky as the sun was setting. “Well, I guess that idea is going to have to wait until tomorrow or until we get to it…We should be getting back to our own house…Hokage-sama’s coming over to my own early in the morning and it’ll be good to get some sleep.”

“I guess that’s a good idea…I love sleep anyway…” He smiled and Kat let go of his shoulders. They walked away a couple of steps and said, “Bye, I’ll see you tomorrow at school!” and went home.

Kat giggled as she opened the door to her house. “Well, at least I won’t be lonely when I start my first day at the ninja academy…but it won’t exactly be pleasant…” she said as she thought of Sasuke.

Shutting her door and locking it, she walked down the hallway and to her room. Flicking on the light, she skipped over to her dresser and grabbed a pair of black shorts and a black t-shirt. Changing into them, she threw the clothes she was wearing before into her clothes hamper. She sat on her bed for a minute and sighed as she looked at her clock. It read nine thirty. “Well, I better get to bed if they’re going to be here early…” she crawled under the covers and closed her eyes. She fell asleep after ten minutes and she was sleeping peacefully now.

############################################################# ###########

Well, hope that you like!

Dark Inuyoukai