Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Back to Reality ❯ Sarutobi And The First Day Of School ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
I don’t own any Naruto characters but Katsuki belongs to me! ^^

“ “ represents speech
Italic represents thoughts
Bold
represents Kyuubi talking to Naruto

Chapter two

Sarutobi and the first day of School

Sarutobi sighed as he continued to go through the many stack s of important papers that he had on his desk. “There’s too many papers on my desk right now…Sign, there’s no relevance at all to it… This is starting to become totally redundant.” His black eyes were hooded as he looked into his crystal ball that could see everything within Konoha if he wished. “Katsuki should be awake by now, lets see what’s she’s doing…”

The blue, translucent crystal ball glowed a bright white for a second and he smiled faintly as he saw that Kat was already up and about in her huge house. She was rummaging through her closet to find suitable clothes for the first day of ninja academy. She cheered as her eyes caught something in particular. It was a nice looking black t-shirt with the Nakami insignia on the back, the black crescent moon with an arrow piercing it. She also found a pair of tight, light blue capris. “Yoshi! There they are!” She rushed to her personal bathroom and changed hurriedly, her silver hair ruffled as she stepped out. “What should I make for breakfast before Sarutobi-sama comes? I know…I’ll just have some toast…It’s getting later, almost time for me to go.” she murmured to herself Sarutobi smiled as his crystal ball glowed again and her form faded out of sight.

Slipping on her black sandals, she heard a knock on the front door of her empty mansion. “Hold on a minute!” She yelled as she finished swallowing the last bit of toast. She quickly ran down the steps and flew into the huge downstairs living room. Opening the door, she smiled widely as she saw Sarutobi and two jounin accompanying him. “Sarutobi-sama! I haven’t seen you in ages! How come it’s I that has to come and visit you?” He smiled slightly. “I am sorry Katsuki. I have been very busy with my work lately, but you know that you are welcome to come and visit me whenever you like.” Nodding, she stepped out of the doorway and closed the door, making sure to lock it. “Well then, lets go! I want to go now Sarutobi-sama!” He chuckled at her enthusiasm and walked with her as the jounin led the way there.

Katsuki’s eyes were round with amazement as she stared at the academy’s outside walls. “This is it huh?” He nodded and watched as she raced inside. “Children, so impatient…” He followed her and as he caught up, he led her to Iruka’s class. Knocking on the shoji door, they waited for him to come out. Finally he did, and he looked down in surprise at Katsuki. “Hokage-sama? What is this about?” Sarutobi gently pushed Katsuki towards Iruka. “She is your new student. Quite capable actually. She just hasn’t been able to enroll because she has no family. I’ve officially enrolled her myself.” Katsuki smiled at Iruka. “Heya Iruka-sensei, we’re going to have lots of fun!” Iruka smiled at that. He was reminded so much of Naruto when she said that and he knew that she would make this group even more interesting. “Hai Katsuki, it will be fun, but also a lot of hard work. Let’s go.” The two walked into the classroom and this brought everyone’s attention to them.

The Sandaime smiled to himself. Yes, this will be very good for you indeed Katsuki. You will grow faster this way. He walked out of the academy and back to the Hokage tower with his two jounin bodyguards, knowing that he would receive a visit that evening.

“Everyone, this is our new student Katsuki, she’ll be starting today, but don’t underestimate her. She already has some experience in all aspects of the ninja life.” He turned to Katsuki. “Will you introduce yourself properly please?” She smiled. “Of course Iruka-sensei. My name is Katsuki Nakami. And as for knowing people here, I actually know two already. That’s all I’m going to say right now.” Iruka nodded in acceptance. “Alright, you may take the seat that’s open between Sasuke and Naruto. Doing so, she smirked to herself. So that’s his name eh? Hmm…At least I get to sit next to Naruto-kun.

Sasuke glanced at Katsuki from the corner of his eye. Why is she here? I thought that she was just as weak as the dobe! But what Iruka-sensei said intrigued me, she already knows things from all of the three main branches of the ninja arts? She may turn out to be a formidable opponent. I will not underestimate her. Sasuke turned his attention back to Iruka, who was now explaining the right way to hold a kunai. If these fools don’t know how to hold a kunai or a shuriken, their as good as dead. A small smirk crept up onto his face. Katsuki glanced over to Sasuke and looked at him confused for a moment. I wonder what he’s smirking about? Geez, I don’t even know the guy and I just think that he’s probably thinking that these saps don’t even know how to hold a kunai right. It’s so easy to hold one and throw ‘em, but to hold them improperly is even easier.

Kat is here…yoshi! This will be so much fun! I wonder if she’ll come with me to play a prank on the old man?

“Iruka-sensei, wouldn’t it be better for us to do some target practice right now instead of studying? That way we’d use some of the tips that you gave us…” Truthfully, Katsuki just really wanted to get outside for a bit, what Iruka was droning on about right now wasn’t anything that she didn’t know.

“That is an excellent idea Katsuki. Come class, lets all go down to the training grounds and see if you were actually listening to what I was saying.” The students rose from their seats and followed Iruka, some knowing that this wasn’t their strong suit at all, and others knowing that they had this in the bag.

The class came to a training ground that was riddled with a number of human shaped dummies tied to trees. “You get to use five kunai. The students that get the most into the dummy gets the highest grade.” Sasuke, Katsuki, Naruto, Tenten, Neji, and Ino smirked. This will be easy. Kat looked over to Naruto. “Are you ready Naruto-kun? This shouldn’t be hard at all…” Naruto gave her a vulpine smile. “This will be a piece of cake Kat! Just watch!” Sasuke glared at Naruto. “Keep dreaming dobe. You know that you’ll fail.” Kat scoffed. “You don’t know that much do you Sasuke? He’s the type that’ll never give up. And you know what, I believe him on this one.”

“Che. He’ll always be the dead last. No matter what.” Naruto’s eyes sparked in anger. “Why you!!!” He lunged at Sasuke and was held back by Kat. “Naruto, don’t start trouble.” Struggling a bit, he calmed down with her voice and sighed. “Heh, you got off easy Sasuke-teme.” Kat rolled her eyes and released him. “C’mon Naruto-kun, Sasuke, Iruka-sensei is about to start.”

The two glanced at Kat, then at Iruka and noticed that what she said was true. They stepped forward and waited for him to call on them. “Shino Aburame, you’re first.” Shino stepped forward with a cool, emotionless look on his face. Drawing five kunai from his holster, he quickly threw them in succession and smirked inwardly as they hit embedded themselves into five of the most vital spots that you have to protect. No matter what or else you would be dead. The carotid artery, the heart, the liver, the esophagus, and the kidneys.

“Well done Shino. Tenten, you’re turn.” Tenten smirked as she got into one of her favorite battle stances, and fluidly drew five kunai from her holster, twirling them on her fingers for a moment, then launched them rapidly at the straw dummy. “Very good Tenten.” Iruka withdrew the ten kunai gently so it wouldn’t tear the dummy too bad and gave them back to Shino and Tenten. “These aren’t cheap these days. So I’ll be giving you them back when we’re done.”

The rest of the rookie nine continued to show their skills with the kunai and went up one by one to the dummy. “Sasuke Uchiha, Time for you to go.” Sasuke smirked and stepped up before the dummy. He withdrew five kunai with incredible speed and as he launched them, they all landed with a thunk past the spot where the kidneys would be, in the wood that the dummy was tied to. Iruka was amazed. “Very nice Sasuke. Katsuki Nakami, your turn.” Kat grinned devilishly as she walked to the spot that Sasuke had just vacated. “This’ll be fun…But its sad that we only get five kunai.” Her whole demeanor had changed. A stotic, blank mask had fallen over her face, and the only thing that you could see emotion in was her bright eyes.

It was almost impossible to see what Katsuki was doing, and when she was done, she had turned around and smirked at Sasuke. “That’s how it’s done Sasuke.” Her five kunai were in a complete circle around the heart. “Impressive.” Iruka stated as he went to retrieve Sasuke’s and Katsuki’s kunai.

“See, I told you that it would be so damn easy! This isn’t my favorite thing to do, but it’s still fun to practice!” Sasuke glared at Kat for a moment and scoffed. “Pft, It was a lucky shot.” Kat shrugged as she walked over to Naruto. “Can’t reason with him can I? And it wasn’t luck, it was practice.” She said and grins at him.

“Do your best!” she gives him a brief hug then releases him. “Prove that Sasuke was wrong. He can’t be right, can he?”

Naruto grinned foxily. “Of course I will! I’ve practiced this millions of times! He’s not right at all!” Naruto walks up to the spot that Kat has just vacated with an unusual serious look on his face. Pulling one Kunai out after the other, he threw them with deadly accuracy towards where the carotid artery would be. They landed in a straight row and Naruto turned around with a large grin on his face. “Heh, what now Sasuke-teme? I told you that I could do it!”

How can the dobe be that good with kunais? I’ll admit that If I didn’t see it with my own eyes, I would say that he was lying. But the real question is, did her receive training from someone? I know that everyone in the village seems to hate him for one thing or another, so how could he?

Sakura was watching her longtime crush, Naruto, and the New girl, Katsuki talk somewhat. “You were just lucky Naruto! You’re not as good as Sasuke-kun is!” Kat scoffed. Your precious Sasuke-kun doesn’t even notice you girl. Quit being a nuisance. You were right on one thing though. Naruto is better.” Sakura raised angry, jade green eyes to meet Katsuki’s blue green ones. “There’s no way that Naruto is better than Sasuke-kun. Sasuke-kun is the best!”

Kat walked forward and smirked at her. “If you really want to know pinky, I could beat your little Sasuke-kun here as well.

Sakura’s eyes flashed in anger. “There’s no way that you could beat him!” Sasuke had enough. He was interested in what she could do but saying that Naruto was better than him, that was the last straw. “Sakura, shut up.” He glared at Kat and smirked. “There’s no way that the dobe could beat me. On the other hand, it would be interesting to see if you could back up your words.”

Kat smiled impishly and shrugged. “It’ll be a pleasure pounding you into the ground Uchiha.” The rest of the class had gone up and thrown their kunais, making average hits to the dummy that they had chosen. Iruka had chosen this time to bring everyone’s attention back to him. “Now that I have seen everyone’s skills thus far, I am assigning some homework. You will practice your kunai training until you think it is sufficient. Do I make myself clear?” There was a chorus of “Hai Iruka-sensei.” and he led them back into the school.

“Yoshi! Its time for lunch! I’m so hungry…” Naruto was almost drooling as Iruka dismissed them for lunch. Kat smiled at him. “Hey Naruto-kun, what are you going to eat for lunch?” He grinned. “I was thinking of getting a bowl of ramen and some onigri, then I should be back in time. Want to come with me?” Katsuki smiled and nodded. “That sounds good Naruto-kun. Let’s go!” She dragged him to Ichiraku’s ramen stand and they both sat down on two stools. Ayame was at the counter, washing some dishes. “Ayame-chan, can we have two bowls of chicken ramen, two mint teas, and a plate of onigri onegai?” Katsuki looked at the brown haired girl with a grin. Ayame looked up with some surprise. “Huh? Oh! Of course! Coming right up!”

Not even five minutes later, Ayame came back with a smile on her face and placed two bowls of ramen, the mint teas, and the plate of onigri in front of them. “Here you go, eat up you two!” Kat reached into the chopstick container and grabbed two pairs. Giving one to Naruto, the broke them in half and chorused “Itadakimasu” in sync, then began to eat.

Stopping as she finished the noodles that she had in her mouth, she glanced at Naruto. “Hey Naruto-kun, how long do we have to eat lunch anyway?” Naruto continued to stuff the rest of his noodles in his mouth and swallowed them quickly as he chewed. “Mmm…a half hour why?” Kat looked up at the clock that was hanging on the wall across from them. “Well, we have ten minutes left, and you’re not going to get another bowl.” She stated flatly. Naruto pouted and nodded his head slightly. He raised his bowl and sipped his broth slowly, savoring the taste. Finishing it, he placed the bowl on the counter with a clatter. Kat had also finished her noodles and she had drank her broth faster than Naruto had. Clearing the plate of onigri, they grabbed their mint teas and began to drink them slowly.

Emptying both of their cup, Kat jumped up and placed the ryo that would pay for the meal. “Thanks again Ayame!” Ayame waved at them as they exited. “Anytime you two!”

They were back at the academy with five minutes to spare. Sitting down in the classroom, Kat looked around to find Sasuke, a two students with pale lavender eyes, that annoying pink haired girl, Shino, Tenten, a lazy looking type of guy, the guy that had the small but sort of cute looking dog, a guy dressed in this ridiculous green jumpsuit, and just not to forget, Naruto. It figures that the ones that actually care about their ninja lives in any aspect are here now.

She sighed and leaned forward, her hands folded underneath her chin. “It’ll be a bit before everyone else comes.” Her eyes closed lazily and Sasuke chose this time to take the opportunity to really take a look at her. She isn’t a normal aspiring kunoichi. There’s something different about her…Something that is just at the tip of my mind but I can’t place it.

Sasuke looked up when he heard the talking and rustling of the rest of the class filing into the room. As everyone finally was seated, Iruka walked in as well. Smiling slightly to himself, he greeted them happily. He went over the seats with his eyes and knew that everyone was here. “Well then, everyone’s here, lets get started. Does anyone know anything about chakra?” No one raised their hand or spoke up. He sighed and looked ahead. “I’ll continue then. Chakra is simply stated, the energy you use when doing a jutsu. Basically, to do ninjutsu or genjutsu, you must mix your chakra which is bodily energy collected from cells throughout the body and spiritual energy which is gained through experiences. Then by doing the proper hand poses Seals, the jutsu can be activated. Once chakra is activated, various techniques and movements can be used. Without chakra a Ninja wouldn't be able to do much. They would be almost completely defenseless, especially if their chakra reserves were low or completely depleted to where the ninja or kunoichi had passed out. That would put them in a precarious position. Wasting all of your chakra is never a good idea to do, and that is something that you should always keep in mind.”

Kat grinned a bit. Hmm…But pushing yourself makes you stronger. Iruka-sensei just doesn’t want to say that.

To everyone else that was only half listening, Iruka’s lesson seemed to drag on forever. They could only hope for the time that he would dismiss them and they would finally be done for the day.

“Man this is so boring! There’s only a minute left ant Iruka-sensei’s going to talk past our usual release time!” a black haired boy whispered behind her. A thin, brown haired, blue eyed boy nodded. “Yeah, you’re right. My mom’s going to get mad at me again…” He said softly.

Iruka grinned as he looked at the group and waved his hand. “Its time for you to go. But, Mariki, Kirena, you two stay. Don’t forget to do your homework!” Quickly, everyone filed out of the classroom and Iruka found that he was left with two nervous students. “My lessons are boring huh? All I’m trying to do is prepare you for a ninja’s life and almost every day you’re either sleeping or talking in class! What can I do to get this in your head? If you don’t actually listen and hone your skills now, you will be killed in the field. You are dismissed.”

Mariki and Kirena shivered as they remembered Iruka’s haunting words. They knew that he was right deep down in their hearts. It was just that they didn’t feel that they were worth to be a ninja. Going home with their mother, they spoke very little. She had thought little of it, and said nothing about it either.

Everyone had parted ways except Kat and Naruto. “Naruto-kun, I’ll meet you in the training grounds that are by my hose around four? That way we have some time to do what ever we want. We should go and drag that stiff Sasuke out and have him come with us. It would be a funny thing to see.” Naruto stuck his tongue out at that. “Sasuke-teme would just be a pain in the ass. Let’s just meet up later and figure out what we’re going to do ok?” She nodded and they went their separate ways.

Kat sighed as she reached her empty mansion. “I’m going to have to liven this place up a bit. Its way to empty for my likes.” She grinned and then smiled to herself. I just thought of a great idea!”