Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Back to Reality ❯ Pranks and Jounins ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
I don’t own any Naruto characters but Katsuki belongs to me! ^^

Chapter Three

Pranks and Jounins

Kat grinned widely, and as she walked down the streets of Konoha, she chuckled a bit. She knew for a fact that her neesan would help her with her pranks, and that would just make it all the more interesting. Now, as she got to the more entertainment and market district of the village, her mouth watered as she caught the distinct smell of what both her neesan and herself both loved. Dango. “She has to be there.” she whispered softly to herself.

Sticking her head into the dango shop, she cheered as she saw her sister continuously eating the sweet dumplings with a small smile on her face. The men that were in the room were greatly confused by this, but didn’t divulge in their confusion because if they did, all hell would break loose. Tapping her shoulder, she grinned at Anko’s surprised look.

“What’cha doing here Kitty?” Kat grinned and sat beside her. “Simply because I’m bored, and I want to pull some pranks. Are you in?” The thought registered in Anko’s mind and a sadistic smirk appeared on her face quickly. “So who’s the first unlucky one to meet us?” Kat rubbed her hands together in glee. “The most annoying girl that you could ever meet. Sakura.”

“Bugs in her bed, An outrageous color of dye in her shampoo…A genjutsu that would scare the hell out of her?” Kat’s grin turned maniacal.

“We think alike Anko-neechan.” she said with a drawl. “She hates snakes and that would be a perfect thing to use for a laugh.” The shaking of the men around them was even more noticeable, and Kat sighed softly. “Hayaku neesan, we got to get this plan in action!” Jumping up, she ran out of the shop. Anko got up a bit lazily and muttered, “Yeah, yeah, I’m coming Kitty..” As she walked out, the kunai that she was swinging on her finger earlier landed in front of the cook, and tied to it was enough ryo to pay for her dango. “Here ya go! See ya later guys!” She said with a grin.

Kat had brought Anko back to her mansion to get a few necessary items, and Anko couldn’t help but whistle softly in amazement as she came up to it. “Damn…It’s always been huge and I still can’t really believe that I have a couple of rooms here!”

“Why are you so surprised Neesan? “We’ve always been close.” Anko nodded slightly and walked into their mansion, muttering “Still…I really even don‘t know why Kitty.”

Running up to her room, Kat grinned maniacally when she saw that she had a bottle of green hair dye sitting on the counter of her sink. “Peeerfect!” She purred and grabbed a bottle of semi-permanent violet dye as well. “This is going to look so funny on her…” Her thoughts were turning to what genjutsu that they were going to use and it clicked in her mind. “Eureka!” she shouted and barricaded down the stairs again.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Anko was grinning ear to ear with the idea that had popped into her head. Her little sister would be embarrassed as hell and well, she knew that she’d thank her later for what she was going to set up. As Kat rushed down the stairs, the smile turned evil. Kat knew that smile all too well. “What are you planning Neesan?” Anko shook her head. “That’s top secret Kitty, just know it’s something to do with you.” Her eyes widened and she shrugged. She knew that Anko didn’t do anything really bad to her, well…not always.

“Here, hold these for a minute.” Kat had went into the kitchen for a dark, tall bottle with a cap on it and poured both bottles of dye in it as she came back. Anko set the empty bottles of hair dye on a table and opened the door. “C’mon, lets go.” she murmured, ushering Kat out.

Konoha’s streets weren’t that busy, they had thinned out just a bit as the duo had worked their way through to the Haruno residence. Kat snickered softly as she saw that the house was closed up tightly, it meant that no one was home. “We’ve got to be quiet.” They both slowly went around back, and Anko chuckled at their stupidity. “Even if you are in your own town, you shouldn’t leave your windows open.”

Anko easily jumped up and slid into the gaping window. With Kat doing the same, they found the bathroom quickly. Anko didn’t want to stay here too long, because of a strong dislike that she had for Sakura’s mother. She couldn’t stand how weak she was when they were kids and that annoyed the hell out of her.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$

For one that seemed to like taking care of her hair so much, she didn’t have any shampoos that softened your hair, or put any body into it. Kat laughed as she saw that they were both dark bottles. Opening the caps, then the cap to the mixed dye, she poured it into both, and closed them tight. Shaking the shampoo bottles quickly so that the dye would settle, she quickly sat them back on the shower shelf. “One step down…”

Kat returned to the living room and grabbed Anko’s arm, then pushed her forward. “Do you know how they situated the rooms?” She nodded. The violet door that was opened was Sakura’s. “That’s hers.” She said, and pointed to it.

The room was large, and was furnished actually tastefully in Kat’s opinion. Well, it went with the room anyway. “Summoning a small snake would be funny, especially if it hid in her bed.” Anko glared at Kat. “They don’t take kindly to being summoned when there’s no danger.” She rolled her eyes. “I know what genjutsu to use, and where to put it at. The mirror.”

“And what genjutsu did you have in mind?” Kat laughed. “The one that you used one me when you were so pissed off when I ate all of your dango. Fire Lizards spitting fireballs and all. But we can’t forget how you really scared me that day when Manda appeared in all of his glory…” Anko laughed loudly and her eyes darkened in glee. “Yes…That’ll be the perfect one to use. And I have the solution to the snake problem.”

Kat was confused now. “What are you talking about? I thought you said you weren’t going to summon any snakes?” Anko shook her head. “I’m not.”

“Then you caught a real snake?” A large, gardener snake was writhing in Anko’s fingers. Tossing it into Sakura’s bed, she watched as it slithered under the blankets.

Sauntering to the mirror, she began a set of seals and ended them quickly with the snake. Touching the mirror with the tips of two fingers, it glowed blue with her chakra, then it subsided quickly. She glanced at Kat, then looked around the room disgustedly. “Let’s go, I don’t want to be here any longer than I have to.” Kat nodded, and grabbed the empty container that once housed the mixed dye.

Slipping back out of the back open window, Kat was very surprised when she ran into Sasuke. Anko, who was just a little bit behind Kat, decided to put her plan into motion. Gently shoving the silver haired girl forward, she laughed loudly as she saw that Kat was sprawled against Sasuke, her chin nestled in the crook of his neck. Kat was so shocked, and really couldn’t believe that he was so warm by the way he acted. Well, he’s alive…She cursed mentally when she remembered that she was still sprawled out against him, but some part of her didn’t want to leave the warmth of his body. She lifted her head so that she could see his onyx eyes and whispered his name softly. DAMMNIT WHAT’S WRONG WITH ME?!? Her internal struggle was only apparent to Anko, who was still grinning widely.

The slightest pink tinge had spread over Sasuke’s face, and as he heard Kat’s whispery call of his name, he took this time to compose himself. Her eyes widened considerably as she realized that she was still leaning against him, and she murmured a “Gomen.” then walked toward the area where Anko was, who was trying not to laugh.

Kat glared at Anko. “Why’d you do that for neesan?!?” she angrily yelled.

“It’s about time you got a boyfriend Kitty, and you just needed a little push…You Know that you like him.”

“Kat blushed in embarrassment. ”SHUT UP!!” She roared and pushed Anko a bit away from her. “I do not!!”

“Your just in denial Kitty…” She said with a maniacal grin, mentally thinking of who could help her get these two together.

Turning to Sasuke, who was staring at her a bit oddly, she said, “I’m going to train with Naruto, do you want to come with me?”

Contemplating on dealing with Naruto’s annoying habits but getting the chance to beat him into the ground, he nodded. She smirked and walked towards him. Glancing at her, then back at Anko who was still smirking at them, he didn’t notice when Kat had come so close to him. “If pinky is there, We’re definitely going to leave. All three of us. But I just can’t wait to see her face when we walk into the training area and we’re not fighting like cats and dogs.” she snickered softly. “Bye Neechan!” Anko’s exuberant voice was heard fro behind them. “You know where to find me Kitty.” She said and disappeared with a swirl of leaves and smoke.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Naruto’s eyes widened as he saw the forms of Kat and Sasuke arrive at the training area. Thinking he was seeing things, he walked up to them and inspected her hair. “you’re not Sakura-chan…” he murmured softly. Kat chuckled. “Of course I’m not! I’d kill myself If I were.” Sasuke snorted faintly. She left Sasuke’s side, and went to Naruto’s who was still staring at her like she was sick. Grinning on the inside, she advanced on him slowly and she tackled him to the ground playfully, knowing that he wasn’t expecting it.

Watching them with a mask of indifference on the outside, confusion and another emotion were welling up and he couldn’t explain why. His thoughts kept brushing back to earlier this afternoon, and that confused him even more. His musings were cut short as a loud shriek was heard even from where they were. “AIIIIIEEEEEE SNAKES!!!! I HATE SNAKES!!!!” Kat was laughing wickedly. “It seems that pinky found her surprise….” She broke out into laughter again.

Sasuke was a little interested in what she did to cause this loud scream, but he kept his face devoid of emotions. “What did you do?” Kat grinned widely. “Well, we put purple and green hair dye in her shampoo, a snake in her bed, and a genjutsu that you really don’t want to see anytime soon on her mirror…” Naruto’s face was blank for quite a while and he looked at Kat. “That’s something that would be funny as hell to do to anyone else but why Sakura-chan?”

“That’s simple. I just don’t like her.” Naruto’s face lightened in understanding. A Kunai flying in the direction of Kat’s Throat was deflected by Sasuke on reflex when he saw the glint of the weapon. Naruto’s head shot up as it lodged into a tree. “Who’s there!” he shouted. Sakura stepped out, seething mad. “It was you! That thing was in my bed….and my precious HAIR!!!….” she trailed off as she saw Sasuke. “Sasuke-kun!!” she squealed happily, about to go over and cling to his arm but she noticed the proximity of Kat to him. Sasuke cringed internally. He didn’t know what was worse, her voice, that ugly hair color, or her forehead. Kat inched closer to Sasuke.


She muttered Naruto’s name and he got up, approaching her side. Walking out of the training area, Kat’s voice was the only one heard. “You might want to go and see the genjutsu mistress Kurenai-san Pinky. Maybe she can help with your hair problem.”

“Why….you….” She muttered angrily, staring at where they just left. She turned back the other way and walked home, muttering curses under her breath. Kurenai let the cloaking genjutsu that she had cast earlier drop, and chuckled softly. “You’re slowly starting to help the Uchiha, Katsuki.”

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Her eyes closed slightly and she glanced behind her. “Hello Iruka-san. What brings you here?” Iruka smiled sheepishly. “I had a feeling that Kat, Sasuke, and Naruto were going to be here and I was going to take them to Hokage-sama if my suspicions were correct…” Kurenai was definitely interested now. “Suspicions?” He nodded. “I think that the Lord Hokage wants the academy students that are capable of being genin to be trained by you sooner than usual. And I think I already know one of the teams.”

“This is quite interesting. And you think that those three would be a team? I can see why though.” Iruka nodded. “They really balance each other out, personality wise and all…”

“Sorry for this Iruka-san, but I have to meet up with Asuma.” He nodded. “I will see you some other time then Kurenai-san. Sayonara.” With both of them leaving the area, they didn’t notice another presence that was above them in the trees.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Kat grinned widely as she saw that this training ground had a large lake surrounding it. “Who’s going first?” Naruto’s eyes widened and Sasuke smirked. “I’ll go.” he replied. Naruto began jumping up and down. “I’ll beat you to the ground Sasuke-teme!” Both of them dropped into a taijutsu stance, and as they stared at each other to see who would make the first move, Naruto’s arm twitched and he took this as an opportunity to start off everything.

Lunging at Sasuke, Naruto gave a high kick to his head and smirked a bit when it was blocked. Grabbing it, Sasuke twisted Naruto’s leg and used it as a lever as he sent a kick to his midriff and a punch to Naruto’s side which sent him reeling. Getting up, Naruto cast a glare at Sasuke, who was smirking at Naruto. “You’re going to get it Sasuke-teme.”

Kat sighed softly. “This really wasn’t what I meant…But, It’s interesting to see what they can do…”

“And what exactly did you mean Katsuki?” a voice that was laced with humor asked.

Kat grinned. “These two idiots were going to include me in the training, and they better not think I’m weak! Damn, I get that enough from…well, everyone! Anko-neechan says to show them what we’re made of and I do. They’re all surprised.”

Kakashi’s eyebrows shot up in surprise. She was the adoptive sister of Anko? Well, this puts a lot of things into a new light. He looked down as he heard Kat’s voice again. “Are you going to sit there in the trees all day Kakashi-san, or are you going to come down here? You can watch with me.”

Kakashi chuckled and appeared on a log that was not to far from where Kat was sitting. “You three are interesting, I’ll give you that.” He murmured, as he brought out his Icha Icha Paradise and began to read, also watching Naruto’s and Sasuke’s spar.

That girl…she’s very calculating, but she has a prankster side as well. That could be a very bad combination to deal with.

Kakashi looked down as Naruto sailed across the clearing, and fell near him. Kat scowled a bit. “Naru-kun! You’re going to let Sasuke win? Come ON! Get up already!” This made Kakashi smirk. It seemed that Katsuki was the motivation for Naruto, she was a very close friend to him. Naruto got up again, his breathing a bit labored. Sasuke was looking worse than he was, and this made a smirk crawl onto his face. “Oi Teme! Not feeling so well?” Sasuke scowled. “Shut up dobe.” This made Naruto scowl. “Don’t call me that!” Kat saw this as the time to intervene. “No matter how much as it’s funny to see you two fight, you’re worn out. Take a break. Do you want to meet someone that’s here?”

Naruto nodded and Sasuke just scoffed. “Hey Kakashi-san, come over here, don’t you want to meet them?” The lazy jounin walked up to the trio and looked down at them all with a smile that showed in his eyes. “Yo.” Naruto grinned at him. “You look cool! Hey wait a minute…You look a bit like Kat…Are you her dad?” Kat glared at Naruto. “No Naru, he isn’t.” she said drolly. Sasuke smirked. “This here is Sasuke, he’s really annoying. You don’t know if he’s just a cold bastard or out for your head.” Naruto laughed at that.

Kakashi smirked internally. I was right, these three are truly interesting.