Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Back to Reality ❯ The Chuunin Exams Part II ( Chapter 9 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
I don’t own any Naruto characters but Katsuki, Sami, Kaiya, and Rei belong to me! ^^

Chapter Nine

The Chuunin Exams Part II

“Alright you maggots, listen up! The second part of the Chuunin exams is to be held here, in The Forest of Death. Each team will either receive a heaven or an earth scroll, and you must obtain the scroll that you are missing. Some may die here, and that’s why you are to sign these waivers.” Many froze as they heard these words.

“Die? I don’t want to die!” Kat, Anko, Sasuke, and a few other genin chuckled.

“If you don’t want to die, make sure you do everything to survive. It’s a test of survival. Isn’t it Neechan?” Anko grinned.

“You got it right squirt.” Kat scowled.

“Neechan! I told you not to call me that!”

This crazy woman is her neechan? I don’t want to know how crazy she can get…This thought ran through the minds of many, and they shuddered as they saw the maniacal grin on Kat’s face.

Anko’s wrist snapped back quickly as she saw a weird looking kunoichi coming toward them from the corner of her eye. “Oops sorry about that. Just don’t sneak up on me like that and you won’t get hurt.” Kat snickered. She learned that the hard way. A long tongue had extended toward Anko, and handed her kunai back.

“You dropped this.” Anko smiled at the kunoichi. “Thank you.”

It seems that Anko has gotten close to the Nakami heiress…She will be useful to me…

Handing out the scrolls, she grinned as the teams went to their gates. “Don’t die out there Kitty, if you do, I’m going to make you regret it when we meet in the next life.” Kat grinned.

“Hey, I’m not going to die neechan. I was trained by the best!”

Anko grinned. “Yeah you were kid. Good luck!”

The gates opened with a clang, and everyone disappeared quickly. Kat snickered as she saw that one confused team from the rain village was bumbling through the forest.

Smirking down at them, Kat whispered “Senai Jashuu.” The snakes quickly wrapped around them, and they were strung together tightly. Grinning as the snakes injected a poison into the genin, she chuckled as she grasped the scroll that one of the snakes gave to her. “Another heaven scroll…Geez, don‘t need it but…I‘ll take it anyway.” Kat mumbled and jumped up higher into the trees.

Interesting…I wonder what kind of poison that the snakes injected into those rain shinobi? She’s about just as weird as her older sister is. Sasuke thought. Kat smirked at him. “Hey, let’s get to the next team.”

~@~

Gaara narrowed his eyes as he stared unwaveringly at the group of rain shinobi in front of him. He was contemplating on if he would just end their lives quickly, or draw it out painfully slow. Draw it out…I need BLOOD! He scowled and raised his hand. Sand quickly gathered around the rain shinobi that was in the middle of his group. Starting at his feet, he was quickly encased in a coffin like structure of sand. “Sabaku Kyuu.” The crunching of bones was heard as well as the screams of the rain shinobi as he quickly died.

The remaining two’s glare had shifted quickly to a shuddering glance. Opening their umbrellas quickly, they threw them up in the air and said softly, “Jouro Senban” To their shock, a Suna no Tate blocked their attacks.

What is this guy? The remaining two shinobi were scared witless. Frozen in fright, they screamed as they were crushed quickly.

“Weak. Temari, grab the scroll.” Temari and Kankuro shook themselves out of their stupor, and Temari grimaced as she grabbed the scroll.

“It’s the one we need. Let’s go.”

~@~

Kiba, Hinata, and Shino were shocked to the core. “Unable to move, Hinata whimpered at the large amount of killing intent that came from Gaara. “W-we should g-go! N-now!” She murmured quickly. The two boys nodded and slinked away, not wanting to have to face him.

~@~

The group had stopped to take a breather. “Hey guys, I’ll be back. Gotta take a piss.” Naru said and walked into the tree line. Kat scowled a bit,.

“He really didn’t have to say it like that.” Five minutes later, Naruto came back ,with an unusually large smile on his face. Taking a glance over him, Sasuke’s eyes narrowed. Throwing a kunai at him, he scoffed as he caught it.

“You’re not Naruto, he would’ve just dodged my kunai. Where’s the real Naruto?” ‘Naruto’ laughed.

“I guess there’ss no fooling you Ssassuke-kun!” The henge was dropped, and a creepy looking grass nin stepped out of the smoke.

“It’s you! What in the hell did you do to Naru?!” Kat said angrily. The grass nin chuckled.

“He should be around here….somewhere. You should worry about yourself Nakami heiress.” he said dangerously.

Kat’s eyes narrowed. “Who in the hell are you?!” The grass nin just chuckled darkly and launched several kunai at them. Eyes narrowing, she dodged, and went through a set of seals that were dangerously familiar to the grass nin. “Katon: Karyuu Endan!” she called out, smirking as her attack hit the left side of his body. Narrowing his eyes at Kat, he growled out.

“Only one person could’ve taught you that. You were trained by Sarutobi-sensei.” Kat smirked.

“Huh? The only ones that had ojiisan for a sensei were the sannin…Can it be? Orochimaru? That’s not all! I’ve had many teachers…you don’t deserve to be here! Sasuke, watch your back, we have to work together to even stay alive against him! This is Orochimaru, the snake sannin!”

Sasuke grunted. “Sannin…What are you doing here?”

Extending an arm out as she threw a few shuriken at Orochimaru, she whispered, “Senai Jashuu.” Dodging gracefully, he smirked at Kat.

“Ahh…so you’ve been trained by my dear pupil….”

Her eyes narrowed in anger. “Don’t you dare bring my neesan into this!” grabbing onto a glowing purple sword that she created out of her chakra, she headed towards him with incredible speed. Freezing in their tracks, Kat cursed internally. Moving very slowly, she looked up at Orochimaru with a grin. “That’s all you got? Neechan’s scarier than that!” Cursing as a stronger wave of killing intent washed over them, she scowled as his neck extended over to Sasuke, and bit down on his neck. Falling down in indescribable pain, Sasuke screamed as he tried to fight the seal.

If you want your revenge, you will come to me and get stronger Ssassuke.

Running over to Sasuke and kneeling down, she took him into her arms. Clutching him tighter to her as he blacked out, her eyes narrowed in anger. “I don’t know what you plan on doing, but I won’t let it happen.” she muttered softly.

The youngest Uchiha and the great great granddaughter of the Nindaime, also the daughter to that fool Arashi. They both will make excellent vessels. If I were to have a vessel that was their child, I would be all-powerful. kukukukukukukuku
~@~

Looking up in shock, Naruto dodged an attack from a huge snake. Is this one of Kat’s? No, she would’ve just scared me with it. What is this humongous thing doing here? “GYAH!!” he yelled as the snake crept behind him and swallowed him quickly. “Fuck! I’m not going to let this thing take me out!” Kicking and squirming, he stopped as he noticed that he kept going further towards the snake’s stomach. Wait a minute…this thing shouldn’t be able to hold more than forty of me…Forming the ram seal quickly, he grinned and shouted, “Kage bunshin no jutsu!” several copies formed around him and he gasped as he was returned to the outside world. “Damn, now I gotta go find Kat and Sasuke-teme….”

Rounding a small group of trees, his eyes widened as he spotted an unconscious Sasuke, lying in Kat’s lap. Looking up as she heard a twig snapped, Naru’s eyes narrowed as he caught sight of her tear stained face. “I don’t know what that damn creepy snake bastard did to Sasuke otouto! He bit his neck and Sasuke couldn’t do a thing….”

Naru’s eyes softened as he glanced at kat. “It’ll be alright neesan. C’mon, we should get him somewhere safe.”

Finding a dry hollow under a large tree, they rested there to gain their strength. Leaning against Naru, she closed her eyes for a while as she continuously ran her fingers through Sasuke’s hair. Naru glanced outside, lost in thought. “You really like him, don’t you Kitty?”

“Hmm? Oh, I like you both. You’re my friends of course.”

“Not like that. I mean, you really like him.”

Kat blushed. “That may be true, but I will tell him when I wish to, no earlier or no later. Do you got that Naru?”

He chuckled. “at least I can trust you for going after my rival for the right reasons. And thank god you’re not a brainless fan girl or a screaming banshee.”

Kat laughed. “Is that what you’re worried about? You know I’m not like all of the bimbos that think they’re kunoichi.

He grinned. “Just making sure oneesan.”

Kat scowled. “Shut it otouto.”

~@~

“They had an uneventful three days, waiting for Sasuke to wake up. Both of their heads snapped up as the sound of a twig snapping was heard nearby. “What was that?”

“I don’t know. Let’s go and check it out Naru.” Kat scowled a bit at the group of genin in front of her. “Who are you?” the only girl spoke up.

“We are here to kill Sasuke Uchiha. Where is he?”

Both Naru’s and Kat’s eyes narrowed dangerously. “You won’t touch Sasuke!” kat snarled angrily. She was glad that she had left three mizu bunshin and that Naru left two kage bunshin back at the hollow. “Mizu bunshin no jutsu.” Kat whispered. The three sound nin stared in shock as ten mizu bunshin appeared out of thin air. “Senai Jashuu.” the three were encased in writhing snakes.

“Lord Orochimaru’s attack? How can this Konoha genin know it?” Dosu asked. Kat grinned. “I was taught by the best!” going through a set of seals, she grinned at their surprised and shocked looks. “Bye-bye creepy snake guy’s henchmen! Katon: Karyuu Endan!”

Satisfied as they heard the three’s screams, both dispersed their clones and headed toward the hollow. Freezing as a burnt bandaged hand gripped her wrist harshly, she whirled around and was about to take him down with a high kick to his chest, when Dosu grabbed a bit of her hair and forced her head back, holding a kunai to her neck. “Give me the Uchiha or she dies.”

Kat looked at Naru pleadingly. “Naru!”

She struggled in her captor’s grip, and stilled as he icily said, “Stay still girl.” Gasping in pain as her wrist was grasped tighter, her head snapped back as she felt the great surge of power emanating from the hollow.

Walking towards them was Sasuke, and Kat stared at him in shock as she was dropped like a sack of potatoes. She was greatly surprised that black marks were spreading across his pale skin. Engulfed in a dark purple chakra, he glanced at Kat with angered Sharingan eyes. She shrunk back a bit, and Naruto came up to her. “Yo teme, what’s up with you? You wake up now when this bandaged guy that Kat burnt to a crisp comes back to kill her when we don’t give them you?” Sasuke glared at Naruto, and glanced back at Kat, who was nursing her black and blue wrist.

Becoming angrier, he appeared behind Dosu, grabbing his arms. Pulling them back, he smirked as he heard the bones pop, and his creams, “You seem proud of these hands.” He said softly. He was about to crush Dosu’s hands when he stilled as he felt Kat’s arms wrap around him.

“Sasuke, stop! Just stop please! It’s not worth it!” she said, burying her face into his shirt.

“He deserves this. He was going to kill you.”

Kat smiled. This was his own creepy way of showing that he cared. “I’m here now aren’t I? Calm down, please Sasuke-kun.”

Slowly, his anger dissipated, and the marks from the heaven seal receded. Glancing over his shoulder, he smiled softly at her. “Thanks. Are you alright?” She nodded.

“Mhmm…Otouto, lets get to the tower.” she said and detached herself from Sasuke. She sighed sadly at the loss of warmth, and she grabbed the sound team’s scroll. “Let’s go.”

~@~

Glancing at the plaque, she grabbed the two scrolls and gave them two Sasuke and Naruto. “Open them. They have the missing pieces.”

Appearing in a poof of smoke, Kakashi grinned at his team. “Good. You made it.”

Naruto grinned foxily. “’Course we made it sensei, you thought we couldn’t?”

Kat pouted. “Kaka-sensei, you thought that I would let these guys fail? Pft, neesan would skin me alive!”

“Hey Kakashi-sensei, where’s ojiisan? He needs to know that the creepy snake bastard Orochimaru is here. I really don’t know why he wanted to stalk us…Sasuke-teme was bit on the neck by him…”

Kakashi’s eyes widened. Orochimaru was here? Why was he after Sasuke when he knows that the Chuunin exams are highly guarded…He had to be after the Sharingan.

Kat scowled. “I want to beat that slimy bastard into the ground. He knows something about my family and he was trying to bring neechan and ojiisan into everything.”

Kakashi snorted. “Sounds enough like him.”

Collapsing against kat in exhaustion, she held him against her in shock. Kakashi glanced at her. “Come on, I’m taking to the medical ward.” He picked up Sasuke and headed towards the medical wing, followed by kat and Naruto.

Kat sat by Sasuke’s bed, watching over him. Naru glanced back at Kat. “I’ll be back later…I’m going to go and find Neji or bushy brows…I want a spar.”

Kat nodded. “M’kay otouto.”

~@~

Opening her eyes, Kat almost screamed as she saw the familiar onyx eyes staring into her own. “Ah! You’re awake Sasuke. Don’t do that again!”

He smirked at her. “And why shouldn’t he neechan? I thought it was hilarious.”

Kat’s head whipped to the side. “Jeez, glad you’re having fun at my expense otouto.”

He grinned, his eyes holding a happy shine to them. “Come on, we got to get to the arena.”

~@~

“Sasuke-kun!” Ino and Sakura squealed happily, attaching themselves to his arms. Wrenching his arms out of their grip, he glared icily at them.

“Stay off of me.” Kat smirked as he went on the right side of her, away from them. Naruto was on the left side of her.

“Kaka-sensei, you know that you and Kaiya-chan can stop hiding.”

Kaiya grinned as they stepped out of the shadows. “Very good Kat-chan.”

Kat’s attention was brought back down to the fighting ‘arena’. ”The first fight is Shino Aburame versus cough Shikamaru Nara.” Hayate said as the two descended from the stairs. “Round one. Hajime!”