Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Backwards World ❯ Welcome To Hanoko! ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Welcome to Hanoko!

*Disclaimer* I own no rights whatsoever of Naruto. Just wanted to let you know. Now, prepare yourself, for one of the funniest experiences you will ever...well...experience!

____________________________________________________________ _

"How did I end up outside of Konoha....?" Naruto asked himself as he stood up, gazing at his home village. Though, after what he saw next, his eyes went wide as dinnerplates.

The entrance sign did not say "Konoha, the Leaf Village" like it should be. It was actually read, "Hanoko, the Grass Village."

"What the-!? Since when did they change the name...?!" Naruto annoyingly questioned. 'Something's not right here....'

He then walked into the village. Everything seemed the same.

When he turned the corner, he saw Sasuke and Sakura. He waved to them, relieved. "Hey Sasuke, Sakura!!" They looked his way.

However, as soon as he came up to them, he noticed a difference in their usual expressions.

"Hello, Naruto. Where have you been?" asked Sasuke in an unusually polite manner. Naruto was stunned by her calm forwardness. "Uh, fine, I guess." He then remembered. "You guys, have you seen it? Just when did they name the village Hanoko?" he asked, confused.

The boy and girl looked at each other skeptically, then laughed. Naruto was still confused, but gaped his mouth at Sasuke. He had never laughed before.

"Oh, Naruto, this village has always been called Hanoko!" Sakura answered. She smiled at him brightly. While Naruto found this appealing, he was at the same time shocked.

Sakura had said some time ago that she couldn't stand Naruto. Now she's treating him like she would to Sasuke. He was still confused, but forgot after a few seconds when he kept staring at her smile.

"Well, we're both glad to see you! Isn't that right, Sakura?" said Sasuke, now literally frightening Naruto.

Sakura sighed annoyingly as she stuck her hand in Sasuke's face, silencing him. "Please, don't try to get close to me, again, Sasuke. We've been through this." she said.

Naruto was completely shocked and dismayed. "Sakura, you act as if you don't like Sasuke!" he commented.

Sakura then displayed a look of surprise and disgust. "What!? Of course I don't like Sasuke! Why in the world should I?" she said, shaking her head, trying to erase the thought from her mind.

Naruto couldn't believe what he was hearing. 'What kinda bizarre universe have I fallen into...?'

He then ran off, trying to see if he was going crazy. Sakura had a worried look on her face. "Naruto, come back! What's wrong?" she said. Sasuke looked worried as well.

(Now I'm getting worried.)

He came to a stop in a few minutes, thinking, 'What was up with that just now? Are they sick or something? Why was Sakura treating me like she would to Sasuke, and why was Sasuke so polite and laughing...? Man, I must be going crazy...' Naruto eventually forgot about it as he saw he was near his favorite ramen restaurant. He grinned playfully as his stomach growled ferociously. "Mmm. Some ramen oughta help me figure things out."

Though, when he arrived at the restaurant, he was completely and utterly dismayed.

It was no longer a ramen shop, but a *konnyaku shop. Naruto couldn't believe his eyes. "K-K-Konnyaku!? What'd they do to the ramen shop...?"

Naruto hates konnyaku as much as he loves ramen. He can't even stand to gaze at it.

He looked inside, saw the same workers of whom he remembered to have served him his favorite dish. The boy's belly kept growling as his eyes watered. He slowly and depressingly walked away.

Though, as he was sulking, he happened to run into Hinata. He felt a little bit relieved. "Hey, Hinata!" he said. She smiled, saying hello back. Naruto was slightly puzzled at this. Usually when he came in her presence, Hinata would run and hide behind a tree or pole, nervously, but now she acted like she was used to him, as if she saw Naruto every single day or each and every moment. "What's the matter? Something wrong?" she asked as she noticed his seemingly confused gaze.

Unfortunately, Hinata didn't get an answer as Naruto sped off, so confused it made his legs move at the speed of light.

He then ran into Rock Lee, who stopped posing and smiling like he usually does, also his eyebrows were normal. Next, he ran into Shikamaru, who seemed to care way too much about everything around him, instead of being his cranky, lazy self. He got even more scared when he caught a glimpse of Sakura and Ino, both of them acting as if they were friends again. Ino didn't call Sakura "Big Brow" like she does, and Sakura didn't call her "Ino Pig" like she usually does. They both just walked down the street, chatting. He thought his eyes would fall out of his head when he saw Choji, who didn't have any potato chips or snacks in his hand. In fact, he actually looked healthy.

After, he ran into Kiba, who instead had a cat on his shoulder. Then Neji, who never frowned once, Gaara, who wished for everyone to live, and he even saw Jiraiya, who never talked once about seeing and admiring girls in bikinis.

Naruto spun around and around and around, trying to put all of this together, until falling on the ground, dizzy with confusion over all of his surroundings. As he lay there, one thought came to mind:

"Oh boy, I have a funny feeling I'm not in Konoha anymore."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Konnyaku - A Jello-like food made of potato starch. It's non fat, low in calorie, and almost completely tasteless. A food not so popular with kids.

__________________________________________________________
Right now, Naruto is trying to figure out both how he got into this parallel universe, and how to get out of it. Will he? Let's hope so, because this kind of shock may send Naruto insane! But what will happen next? Gee, I don't know. Well, actually, I do, but, oh, I'm just gonna shut up now. Hurry and see what happens next! -silverfeather