Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Backwards World ❯ Who's Hokage!? ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Who's Hokage!?

*Disclaimer* I own absolutely no rights of Naruto. Just wanted to let you know. Now, in this chapter, you'll see something you'd never even believe, but read to find out! ;)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

As Naruto walked through the streets of "Hanoko," so many questions and answers boomed in his mind, his head hurt. He couldn't decide whether they were having some kind of "Opposite Day" that no one told him about or was ever on his calendar, or perhaps Ino and her group got him back for the prank he pulled by making everyone act unusual just to drive him insane. And you know what? It was working.

As he walked, holding and rocking his spinning head from side to side, he thought he should maybe see Old Man Hokage to find out what was going on. He figured if any body would know what happens in the village, it's the Hokage.

On his way there, Naruto decided to pay a little visit to Iruka at the Ninja Academy. Though when he came into the classroom, a look of surprise popped in his eyes.

There was Old Man Hokage himself, trying to teach the class basic handsigns, dressed in the same outfit Iruka wears when he teaches. 'Oh, he's just showing these kids how to perform Jutsu. At least he's still his normal self. He walked up to him, grinning with relief. "Hey, Old Man! Teaching these kids hand signs, eh?" he asked. The man smiled at him. "Yes, Naruto. I mean, it is my job to teach these youngsters the way of the ninja!" he said. While Naruto kept grinning, he then looked around the room, confused. "Let's talk outside. Just a minute, class." the old man told.

They walked into the hallway, where it was completely empty. They both stayed silent for a few seconds, though Naruto was the first to speak.

"Hey, by any chance, is there something going on here? I mean, Sakura's acting like she likes me, Sasuke's all sweet as candy, Choji's thinner, Hinata's more open, my favorite ramen restaurant is a konnyaku restaurant, and even the village name has changed! What, is there some kinda new holiday no one told me about...?"

Naruto panted desperately for air as Sarutobi(Third Hokage's Name) looked at him with surprise. "Well, that is how things are around here, Naruto!" the man said.

The boy looked at him with unbelievable eyes. 'Yup. It's a prank, all right.' he concluded.

"Say, have you seen Iruka-sensei?" he asked the old man, searching for him, nowhere to be found.

"Sensei..? Is Hokage Iruka teaching you something?" he asked, puzzled.

Naruto's eyes became large, though after a few seconds, he burst out laughing, his eyes watering. Trying to catch his breath, he said, "Man, are you good! Like Iruka-sensei could ever be Hokage! Wahahahah! Oh, man, call the doctor, old man! I think my lungs are gonna explode!!!" Naruto said, falling to the floor in amusement.

Sarutobi didn't understand what was so funny. He knelt down in front of the boy, laughing hysterically, amused tears forming. "Umm, Naruto? Iruka is the Hokage."

Naruto immediately stood up, then his face began to crack as his mouth opened to say something. Even so, all that came out were bursts of "hahas" and "heehees."

"Wow, that was even funnier the second time!!!! Sheesh, old man, you're killing me here!!" Naruto rolled from side to side on the floor, trying to stop laughing so hard but failing miserably.

Sarutobi was getting immensely irritated by his lack of forwardness. "Naruto." he called. The boy kept laughing. "Naruto." he called again, louder this time, as an annoyed though angry vein popped on his head. The boy laughed harder. The old man growled louder by each passing milisecond.

"NARUTO!"

The boy stood upright, a little scared by the frightful scream of his name. Sarutobi knelt right in front of him, in his face, frowing with annoyment.

"Listen very, very, very carefully, Naruto." he ordered. The boy grew silent.

"Iruka is Hanoko's Hokage." he said. Naruto chuckled. "What...?"

"Iruka. Is. Hokage. Of. This village." He then pointed to a picture hung on the hallway wall. It was Iruka, wearing the clothes of the Hokage.

Trying to calm his nerves, Sarutobi stood up, and walked back into his classroom.

Naruto just sat right where he was, his face pale with surprise and dismay. 'Iruka-sensei....is.....'

When Sarutobi reentered the classroom, he began to count,

"5,4,3,2,1..."

"IRUKA-SENSEI IS HOKAGE!!!!!?????"

"I knew it." Sarutobi said as he heard loud footsteps echo away.

In a matter of seconds, Naruto was out of the Academy, sprinting for the Hokage's home. "Nowaynowaynowaynowaynowaynowaynoway!!"

As the boy crashed through the door, his worst fears were correct. There was Iruka, sitting in his seat, wearing the Hokage's uniform. "Naruto....?" he started as he saw the sweaty boy.

"Th-that's not possible!! How could you be Hokage....!?"

The boy then ran out, and intended to run away from the village, that is, until he saw the mountain in which the faces of the past Hokages were. There was Iruka's on the far right.

Naruto stared with blank eyes at the mountain, then stiffly falling to the ground, twitching as he landed.

'I have got to stop watching the Twilight Zone all the time! Look what it's doing to me! Somebody help me get outta here!! EVERYTHING I KNOW IS A LIE!!!'

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Too late. Naruto's already lost it. Yup, pretty soon his brain's gonna melt like an ice cream on the Fourth of July. Now, if you thought that's the weirdest, just wait till it gets further, cause then it'll get even more twisted!!