Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Behind a Foxes Smile ❯ Sakura goes shopping or Naruto ponders ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Behind a Foxes Smile Chapter IV: Sakura goes shopping or Naruto ponders

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto. So don't sue me please?

Sakura wandered down the aisles of many stores looking for a present for Naruto. She had gotten him some new flavors of instant ramen, and considering whom she was shopping for that was a prerequisite. One thing still bothered her about the whole deal. Naruto said that this was his first birthday party. She knew that most adults seemed to hold a great deal of malice towards Naruto for some unknown reason, the pranks he pulled, no matter how bad, didn't merit the kind of hatred he got. However to only now get a birthday when he's turning 13 was wrong as far as she was concerned.

"Well, nothing to do but make this the best birthday party ever! But how?" She continued to drift through the stores in her quest for the ultimate gift. 'Hmmm. some candy maybe?' Entering a large candy store she noticed a pair of kids with tri-colored hair having a conversation. "Yami, where's Bakura and Marik?"

"Good RA! We lost the tomb robber AND the lunatic?"

"Ryou and Malik are with them too."

"Damnit! Let's go aibou we need to find them before this entire
village goes up in smoke!"

Blinking, Sakura walked past the now panicked pair and looked around the store seeing if perhaps she'll find her proverbial Holy Grail here. There were gumi's, suckers and sweets of all kinds in the store but one thing caught her attention. It was perfect! "It" was a gigantic plush panda holding a huge jar of all sorts of candy. 'Oh this is PREFECT!' Quickly stepping up to the cashier Sakura pointed at the sugar-toting panda and asked how much it cost.

"Well it's actually for sale, you see everyone seems to think the things to big and never buy it." Sakura couldn't believe her good luck! Some one up there must REALLY like her! (A/N: Not really but she's okay and a sugar high Naruto is too fun an idea to pass up ^_^) Well needless to say Sakura bought the Candy Panda. The shop owner was even kind enough to box and gift-wrap it for her. Briefly though Sakura wondered if giving Naruto THIS much sugar was a good idea but ignored it

Meanwhile somewhere else.

Naruto sat on one of the benches near a fountain waiting for both Iruka-sensei and Sasuke. He wore the same Sasuke had seen him in, but now had a few accessories; chains dangled around his waist hooked from the belt loops, black wrist bands on each arm, the right one having spikes on it, a dark blue collar around his neck with a tag that said "Bite Me". (Iruka- sensei thought it was funny) a stud on the lobe of his left ear. He had wanted to get his tongue done too, but Iruka-sensei had nearly gone into epileptic shock at the very idea so that was nixed. Naruto sighed and leaned against the back of the bench. The sky was exceptionally blue today, only light fluffy clouds across the azure sky.

'I wonder what Iruka-sensei is up to.?' Iruka had told Naruto to wait for him and Sasuke here because there was something he had to pick up. Not that he was complaining or anything, the short respite gave him time to think. Yes he thinks just not often.

"Naruto-kun!"

Blinking, Naruto looked around and saw Hinata walking towards him.

"Hey Hinata-chan! What are you doing here?"

"I-I was looking for you."

"Really? Why?" Hinata sat beside him, a nervous smile on her lips and blushing like mad, she pulled a small package from her pocket and handed it to him.

"I-I heard t-that it's your b-birthday today s-so I got you s- something."

Naruto blinked how had she found out? He had never told anyone today was his birthday, never thought anyone would care.

"I ran into Kakashi-sensei and he told me."

THAT made sense

Hinata handed Naruto the small package. He opened it slowly carefully, afraid it might be fragile. Naruto gasped when he saw what she had gotten him. It was a small charm made of silver in the shape of a fox's head His name was Lovingly carved on the back.

"Hinata-chan.wow.." For once in his life Naruto was speechless. He had never received anything so thoughtful before.

"When I put this on I'll never take it off!" He grinned and hugged Hinata tightly. Letting go he took the charm and hooked it onto his collar beside the "Bite Me" tag.

"Hey Hinata-chan do you want to come to my birthday party?" It was Hinata's turn to be speechless not like that was anything new but she was none the less.

"I-I would like th-that v-very much Naruto-kun."

"Naruto."

"Huh?"

"Just call me Naruto, we're friends right?" Hinata smiled and blushed, Naruto had said they were friends!

"Oi dobe what are you doing?" Both Naruto and Hinata turned to see Sasuke who was carrying several small packages and one lager one with small holes in it.

"Stop calling Naruto dobe Sasuke-kun!" They both jumped a little startled. Hinata never shouted like that, let alone at Sasuke.

"Ah I-I mean that it's rude to call people names." Naruto just grinned and patted Hinata on the back.

"That's okay Hinata-chan he never listens to ME when I tell him to stop calling me that. Maybe he'll listen to you." Smiling shyly Hinata sat down beside Naruto again, but made a mental note that Sasuke was competition for her Naruto's heart.

And thus ends another chapter in Behind a Foxes smile! So you like? Anyway, sorry to all you pure Sasu/Naru fans but I HAD to add Hinata! She's isn't nearly as annoying as Sakura and Sasuke can't have EVERYTHING go his was. Don't worry though he DOES get Naruto in the end. Oh and since I liked the Yu-Gi-Oh cameo there will be more of them along with others. On a Related note I need an idea for a name of the baby fox! Bye for now loves!

P.S. I love it when people give me CONSTRUCTIVE criticism anyone who flames me will be burned alive and used to make s'mores! Mmmmm s'mores.^_^ P.P.S My Beta reader, monkfish (ALL HAIL MONKFISH!) has threatened to hurt ppl who flame me ^_^