Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Behind a Foxes Smile ❯ Sasukes Present of Kakashi's Master plan ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Behind a foxes Smile Chapter III: Sasuke's present or Kakashi's master plan



Disclamer: I don't own Naruto, Don't sue, don't rub it in -.-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sasuke Uchiha had been searching the shops of Konohagakure village for about

an hour and soon needed to get back to where Iruka-sensei would be waiting. What was he doing you ask? Well, besides talking to himself he was searching for the perfect gift to give Naruto.

'WHY does he have to be so hard to shop for!?' Sasuke screamed mentaly,it wasn't that he hadn't gotten the blond bombshell anything already, but he just hadn't found anything that seemed to fit Naruto. '

Why am I doing this in the first place?'

/Because you LOVE him!/

'I do not!'

/Then why so much trouble over trying to find him the perfect gift?/

'Because. because umm.I hate it when your right.'

/Admitting something to yourself is the first step to your goals!/

'So what if I feel something. What are the chances he'll return the same feelings? He likes Sakura remember?'

/Does he really?/

'You're doing this on purpose aren't you?!'

/Doing what on purpose? /

'Making me think these things!'

/No I am not, I am merely a manifestation of your deepest thoughts. Every thing I say you already know, you just don't want to acknowledge them,which is why I'm here/

' Damn you and your being right all the time.'

/Yeah, yeah, well I'll be leaving you to your shopping now, but I will return!/

Sasuke groaned and sat down on an empty bench to look over what he had already gotten his secret crush. He had bought some ramen that was a no brainer, and a pair of gloves that would go with the outfit he was wearing. Just thinking about Naruto in it made him drool/blush. They were black with spirals on the palms, and had smiley faces with their tongues sticking out on the back. But Sasuke still needed to find something that would prove to Naruto he cared.

"Hello."

"AHH!"

Startled, Sasuke looked up to see the smiling face of what he guessed to be some sort of priest. Said 'priest' had shoulder length purple hair, his eyes closed, with a big smile that was rather reminiscent of Naruto's fox grin. Probably used for the same reason as well, to hide what was really behind his eyes. (Yes this is Xellos!)

"What the hell are you doing, trying to give me a heart attack?!"

"Hah hah, that thought hadn't occurred to me. I was merely wondering if perhaps you would like some help?"

"With what?" The priest was starting to creep him out, and that smile was truly disturbing.

"I can't help but notice that you seem to be having trouble looking for a gift, for some one special, a lover perhaps?"

"W-what? N-no he's a teammate and a really good friend. And why am I telling you this?" (*Sigh * still can't say it out loud can you? Poor Sasuke MUWAHAHAHA!)

"I can't answer that, but perhaps this 'good friend' would appreciate this."

Seemingly, from out of nowhere, the priest pulled a baby fox from his cape and held it gently before Sasuke.

"I found the poor dear hiding behind a tree not far from here, it's mother and siblings were dead by the time I got there."

The kit was small, probably the runt, but was unbelievably cute; she had coppery red fur, highlights the color of blood and black marks on his paws, tips of his ears and tail. What really stood out were the little things eyes. They were the same intense shade of blue as Naruto's own crystal orbs. If Sasuke had been penchant to such things he would have grinned. This gift was exactly what he'd been looking for!

"Ummm how much would you like for him?"

The priest smiled and held out the kit to him.

"I believe that no price is necessary just make sure your 'good friend' gets her."

Sasuke was ecstatic to say the least. As he gently took hold of the baby fox he looked up at the weird priest.

"What's your name?"

"Oh I am Xellos, the trickster priest!"

Sasuke blinked for a second and then the guy was gone, just like that.

"Weird."

Shrugging the oddity off Sasuke rushed back to were he was meeting with Iruka and Naruto, the kit safely hidden in a fold of his shirt.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Meanwhile.

'Jeez! I can't believe this!'

Sakura was fuming, not only was she stuck making reservations at some random place with Kakashi-sensei for Naruto's birthday party, but SASUKE was shopping with Iruka-sensei and Naruto. To top it all off she didn't even have a present for Naruto.

"Say, Sakura?"

"Yes Kakashi-sensei?"

"You haven't gotten Naruto a present yet have you?"

"No."

"Well how about this."

Kakashi handed Sakura a pouch filled with money and smiled.

"You go shopping while I get some stuff done, and meet me over there when you're done." He pointed to a small fountain with benches surrounding it. And was it just her, or was Sasuke talking to a weird priest over there? Shrugging it off Sakura turned around to see that Kakashi was already gone.

"I wish he'd stop doing that. Oh well, time to shop!"

Momentarily she wonderd what exactly her sensei was up to before heading off into the endless sea of shop's and store's


~~~~~~~~~~~~`


Well thus ends Chapter three! Took me longer than I had expectedâE