Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Bloodthirsty - Friendship ❯ Karaoke rocks ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ohayo, again! Arigatou for all the reviews, and please enjoy this new chapter ... which is supposed to be quite funny ... like all the previous ones (I think!).

Note: I never mentioned it, but they should be about 15 years old (Kankuro 16 and Temari 17). Because of the war, the chunin selection exam was retarded.

Disclaimer: I don't own related to Naruto. Kishimoto-san was the genius behind it all.

Bloodthirsty - Friendship

*By: NightAngel*

Chapter 5: "Karaoke rocks!"

Ino and Sakura glared at each other. - "I'm going to be the first one to sing!" - Ino said.

"In your dreams Ino pig! I paid for this room, so I get to sing first!" - Sakura gritted back. The boys sweatdropped.

"SHUT UP!" - Temari gave each girl a punch and picked up the microphone. - "You interrupted my previous rehearsal, so I shall continue." - and she pressed play, starting the song again.

Naruto, Gaara, Kankuro and Sasuke sharped their ears, they wanted to appreciate Temari's song.

When she started singing again, all the boys gasped. The girls, fumed and glared at Temari.

«She's getting all the attencions!» - Ino looked over at Sakura, that was currently trying to close Sasuke's wide open mouth. Then she looked over at Shikamaru and smirked. She never saw him so absorted in any of this sort. Oh! He was in for some teasing.

"Shikamaru ..." - she sang as she sat next to him on a very comfy couch. - "What are you mesmerizing about?" - She put an arm around his neck and whispered in his ear. - "Could it be that uninterested and oh-so-boring Shikamaru finally fell in the endless traps of *love*?" - she watched amused as he blushed and then turned to her.

"What are you talking about? I simply was amazed at her great singing skills. Stop being annoying!" - Ino grinned widely and inched closer to him, which made his blush grow wider. Their faces were mere inches apart.

"Liar!" - she whispered slowly, and then sat back on the couch with a big smile on her lips. What she didn't notice was the blush that still stained Shikamaru's face, while he looked down at his feet.

"Woman!" - he muttered under his breath.

When Temari finished her song, the boys clapped happily, congratulating her for her great singing skills. She bowed her head and thanked them with a smile and a blush.

"Bah! Show off!" - Ino and Sakura muttered under their breath and jumped, at the same time, to the Karaoke machine.

"It's my turn now!" - Sakura yelled, while fighting with Ino over the microphone.

"No! It's my turn, big forehead!" - Ino yelled. The remaining sweatdropped once again.

"No! It's mine, Ino pig!" - and they continued glaring at each other.

"You're both so annoying!" - Shikamaru sighed, bored.

Ino turned her attention to her teammate. - "Shut up Shikamaru! What do you know?" - And that single moment of distraction, gave Sakura the chance to start singing. When Ino saw this, she exploded. - "Shikamaru!" - she fumed out, Shikamaru sweatdropped.

"Mmh .... Sorry!" - he stammered, but to no avail. Flaming Ino charged at him and started the very slow killing process, while the others enjoyed Sakura's sweet voice.

Even though she wasn't as talented as Temari, she sure had a good voice.

Soon Sakura's song was over, and everyone clapped. Ino, seeing her chance come, let go of poor and almost dead Shikamaru, and jumped on stage.

Temari looked dumbfounded at Shikamaru who was barely alive on the couch next to hers, and asked the chubby guy, she knew for the name of Chouji. - "Is she always like that?"

Chouji noded and then turned to her with a smile. - "But don't worry! She never finishes the job!" - Temari sweatdropped. - "Not that Shika would let her anyway." - and with that said, he ate another snack.

When Ino started singing, everyone shrieked. She had the most annoying voice in the whole planet. Gaara was tempted to use his sand to shut the girl up, when the song finished. They all sighed relived, while Ino giggled.

"Where are my claps?" - she yelled, scaring the hell out of everyone in the room. They all clapped (for their lives), earning a smile from the blonde genin girl. (She's scary sometimes, but I still like her ... when she's with Shikamaru!^-^)

Ino sat down, beside a pained Shikamaru and her eyes seemed to soften when she saw him flinch. - "Sorry! But you deserved it!" - she grinned.

"That's why I hate woman! Espeacilly bossy ones!" - Shikamaru said with a pain cry.

Chouji coughed up on his snacks, and Temari patted his back. - "You alright?" - Chouji nodded and then turned to his friend and teammate.

"Are you sure it's not the other way around?" - Everyone stared at Chouji, missing the blush on Shikamaru's cheeks.

"Shut up!" - Shikamaru threw a pillow at Chouji's, hitting him full in the face. Which made the genin fall backwards, into Temari's lap, making them both blush.

"What are you doing?" - Ino yelled, whacking Shikamaru and sending him flying across the room. - "Stop embarrassing poor Chouji!" - Ino was ready to go and beat him up a little bit more, when Chouji stood in the way.

"It's alright Ino! I think he was enough beaten up already." - everyone stared at Shikamaru, standing in the middle of a pulp of blood. (NO! Poor Shikamaru, what am I doing to you!)

Ino looked at her work, and for a moment there, she regretted it, but ... - "He deserved it!" - But she went there ad picked her teammate up, taking him to the couch they were both sharing. - "Next time be sure not to piss me off!" - Shikamaru nodded lightly.

For a few moments there was a mortal silence in the room, as they all sat down on the couches. Then Temari decide to speak. - "What's wrong with you people?" - she eyed the boys carefully. - "Are we here to have fun or what? Get those heavy butts up and start singing!"- ... none of the boys moved ...

A vein popped out of Temari's forehead. - "You ... MORONS!" - she grabbed Sakura's wrist and pulled her up, much to the girls protest since she was seating next to Sasuke. - "Let's make a duet and teach these stupid heads how to sing." - Temari picked up her microphone and handed another one to a very nervous Sakura.

"Mm! Temari-chan, I never sang in a duet." - Sakura stammered as the music started.

"There's always a first time to everything!" - Temari was the first to start and soon enough Sakura was following the lead perfectly. Everyone was caught up in the song, and Ino was fuming all around, making Shikamaru tremble at the though that she might decide to ease her frustrations on him ... again.

The song ended up all to quickly, but the spectators clapped happilly.

"Arigatou!" - both girls said, blushing.

Sakura went to seat back, next to Sasuke and Temari walked up to where Gaara was, between Naruto and Kankuro. - "Sing with me Gaara!" - Temari pleaded to her younger brother.

"Not in this life!" - Gaara spat out.

"That was not a request!" - she yelled out.

"Ok!" - Gaara said nervously as he watched the fire in her eyes. - "But I warn you that I do not know the lyrics." - Gaara scowled and sighed.

"Minor detail!" - Temari said happily. - "Aha! I want this one!" - She showed the name to her brother and he nodded uninterested. Then she placed the Cd on the machine, picked a microphone, and gave another to her brother, along with some papers. - "Here are the lyrics. Don't mess it up!" - Gaara sweatdropped, along with everyone else in the room. -"Let's see if you can sing little bro." - and she pressed play.

Naruto and the others could barely contain their laugh while watching Gaara's nervousness and Temari's killing glare to him, incentive him to sing ... and sing well. Gaara did as asked, but not being used to sing or even to the song itself, he made a big mess out of the lyrics. And once in a while, where a melodic voice should be heard, you heard a loud scream instead, coming from a very annoyed Temari, or a very forced up Gaara.

By the time they were finished, everyone in the room was laughing their heads off, hugging onto each other for support. Gaara blushed and Temari fumed. That was a sight to watch!

"ENOUGH!" - Everyone sat up right, forcing back their laughter, as they heard a very annoyed Temari yell out. - "Who's next?" - she asked threateningly, and as usual no one moved.

Gaara had already gotten back to his seat and was now trying to hide his blush.

"YOU!" - Temari pointed out to Naruto, very pissed off. But, the oblivious Naruto, simply pointed out a finger at himself and then smiled.

"Ok!" - and he got up, to everyone's surprise. - "It can't hurt right?" - Temari nodded, and handed him the second microphone.

"I don't know if the basic rules apply to you dobe!" - Sasuke started.

"What, you bastard!" - but he was cut off when Temari whacked him across the head and handed him the papers.

"Sing well, or you're dead!" - he sweatdropped again and nodded.

«Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to come sing with her. She's scary!» - Naruto though to himself, as the music started.

Well, if they though Gaara was funny, then they must've ripped their stomach apart from laughing so hard when Naruto started singing.

It wasn't exactly his singing skills, because his voice was quite ... hearable (if that even exists), nor was it about the fact that he couldn't fallow the lyrics, because he did perfectly fine on that, but the fact that he started dancing around and falling over every other thing that stood on his way ... made him a real clown.

Naruto tripped on the wire, hit his head on the column and then rolled to the floor, and all the way he kept on singing, just so you have a minor idea of what happened during the song.

Even Temari stopped singing just to see him and laugh her head off each time he fell over, never to stop singing. But soon, the song was over, and a very injured Naruto fell on the couch ... exhausted to say the least. The others were still laughing their heads off.

"Oh my God! I never laughed so hard in my life! You're a living joke Naruto!" - Naruto smiled and scratched the back of his head in embarrassment, but was too tired to reply to Temari's comment.

Naruto looked over at Sasuke. He was curious to if his forever rival had laughed too. To his surprise ... and disappointment, Sasuke was looking back at him with a neutral expression.

"What dobe?" - Sasuke asked when he saw Naruto's surprised face.

Naruto fumed, and thus missed the big smile that lingered on his rival's face, and the hand that flew to cover his own mouth, to avoid the laughing show he was about to give, because actually he had wanted to laugh as hard as everyone else ... but he managed to contain himself ... somehow ...

"NEXT!" - Temari yelled again, when they had finally recovered.

"Me, me! Let me choose a partner to the next duet!" - Sakura asked eagerly. Temari nodded and Sakura got up, dragging Sasuke behind her.

"What are you doing?" - Sasuke asked.

"Come on Sasuke-kun! Sing with me ... just this once!" - Sakura asked.

"No! There's no way in hell I'm going to make a fool of myself in here!" - That comment earned him death glares from Naruto and Gaara.

"Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee!" - Sakura begged cutely.

«Damn that big forehead! You'll pay for this!» - Ino though, while grabbing Shikamaru's hand and holding it so tight that the hand was turning purple, much to Shikamaru's despair.

"Argh! Ok! But just one!" - Sasuke finally gave in with a blush.

"Alright!" - Sakura jumped in the air and then picked up a single, gave the microphone and the lyrics to Sasuke and pressed play.

"I can't belive I'm doing this!" - Sasuke muttered under his breath, as he looked over the papers, and then blushed. It was a love song. «There's no way I'll sing this with her» And when he was about to say that out loud, Sakura started singing. Sasuke was surprised by her voice, that he couldn't say the words.

When his time came to sing, Sakura gave him a *look*, but it still took him a while to catch the idea, and as embarrassed as ever he started singing the song with her.

"It's so romantic!" - Temari muttered. - "She chose well."

«I can't belive that big forehead had the guts to sing this song with him. I'm so going to kill her after this.» - Ino though while strangling poor Shikamaru, who was starting to see it all black. (No! Shikamaru-kun, I'll save you!)

Chouji watched amazed, as his friend died slowly in the arms of his team-leader. - "You might want to stop that Ino-chan! I don't think Shika can take much more of it." - Chouji stated, at the same time the song ended.

Ino looked down at her *annoying* teammate and panicked. He had turned purple. - "Shikamaru-kun!" - she yelled. - "Please don't die! I'm sorry, I'm really sorry!" - Ino started crying, but still not letting go of Shikimaru's neck .

"Let ... go ... of ... my ... neck ..." - Shikamaru managed to say.

"Ah!" - she let go of him all-too-quickly, which made him fall head on the floor (Argh! I'm so mean! Sorry again! ) - "Oh no! Sorry!" - Ino yelled oh-so-loud, giving Shikamaru an even greater headache. She helped him up into a seating position. - "I'm so sorry Shikimaru-kun. Please forgive me!" - she hugged him and started crying on his shoulder.

"Alright, alright! Just don't yell ok?" - he stated, while massaging his tempers.

"You're so good to me!" - Ino said happilly. - "Let me make it up to you!" - Shikamaru eyed her suspiciously.

"No thank you! You know I don't like your cooking!" - he stated, making everyone sweatdrop, and a vein appear in Ino's head.

"Not that you moron!" - she whacked him across the head ... again. - "And what's so wrong about my cooking?"

"Do I need to answer that right now? Because I think you killed me enough for one day already!" - Shikamaru said nervously.

"What I meant was that I'll let you be my duet in the next song. Chosen by me of course." - Ino said happilly.

"No!" - Shikamaru stated flatly.

"What do you mean with no?" - Shikamaru watched as her eyes flamed up. - "Give me the right answer!" - she flared out.

"Oki!" - Shikamaru agreed in a very tiny and frightened voice.

"Now you're talking! C'mon!" - She got up, dragging him behind her. Everyone watched amused as she chose a song and gave the microphone to Shikamaru.

"I need the lyrics." - Shikamaru stated bored.

"No you don't! You know this song very well!" - Ino stated smiling.

"How's that?" - Shikamaru asked ... yet again ... bored.

"You hear me sing it everyday!" - Shikamaru's and Chouji's eyes widened at that remark.

Shikamaru let go of the microphone and was about to run off, when Ino grabbed him. - "Oh no you don't! You're singing this one with me! NOW!" - Everyone gulped. That Ino was a monster in disquise.

"No! I'll sing any song! Any song but that one! NO I tell 'ya!" - Shikamaru yelled back.

"You don't want to see me angry Shikamaru-*KUN*, now do you?" - Ino threatened.

"You said you were making up for the previous death of mine. So at least let me chose the stupid song." - Shikamaru almost pleaded.

"What is about that song anyway?" - Temari asked Chouji.

The chubby guy smiled. - "Nothing much, besides the fact that it is a very ... very fluffy song and that Shikamaru hates it. Or at least ... he would hate singing it with her ... to her!" - Chouji's smiled turned into a smirk.

"What's so wrong about it being fluffy? It only means that it is a love song. Right?" - Temari pointed out.

"Yeah, but the problem with this song is that it is originally singed by a couple, who through the song are confessing their feelings to one another and saying what they love and don't about each other." - Chouji continued.

"So?" - Temari urged.

"Well, if you listen carefully to every detail, the song looks like it was made purposely for him and her." - Chouji smiled at her, with closed eyes.

"Of course. They wrote the lyrics thinking on each other, how should it not." - Temari still didn't get the idea.

"I was talking about Shika and Ino, not the authors of the lyrics." - Chouji finished.

"Ugh?" - ... - "Oh!" - and that was the end of the conversation. (^-^)

"NO! I want this song! Shikamaru-kun! Let's do it! Let's do it! Please!" - Ino pleaded.

"N-O. NO!" - Shikamaru was trying really hard to hide the blush on his cheeks.

"Will you two shut up and sing! Shikamaru what the hell is wrong with you anyway?" - Gaara finally spoke. He was tired of that meaningless fight.

"You could at least give me the reason Gaara. I'm trying to keep my sanity here!" - Shikamaru said.

"GAARA?" - Ino and Chouji yelled at the same time.

"Like in Gaara of the sand? The one that fought with Lee-san and Sasuke-kun?" - Ino asked surprised.

"Yeah! So what?" - Gaara said calmly.

"Kya! Protect me Shikamaru! Use your ability or something! I'm too young to die!" - Ino yelled while running to behind her teammate. The others swaetdropped.

"Ino-chan. We've been inside this room for over an hour and he hasn't done anything yet. So why the hell would he now?" - Chouji stated, filling his mouth with chips.

"You're right, fat ...."

"Beeep!" - Shikamaru interrupted just in time.

"How come you didn't kill us yet?" - Ino asked, aiming a finger at Gaara.

"I'm not in the mood! But I'm telling you ... choose a damn song quickly or I might change my mind!" - Ino shivered from head to toe, and hugged Shikamaru even harder

"He's joking 'ya know?" - Shika stated, blushing just a little bit.

"Are you?" - Ino asked hopefully.

"Yeah I am!" - Ino sighed relived and then went to the Karaoke machine.

"Alright, you win! You annoying bastard. Let's sing this one then!" - Shikamaru didn't even look at the song, he just nodded.

But he soon regretted it, when she gave him the lyrics. - "WHAT?" - he yelled, startling everyone. - "I'm not singing this!"

"SHUT UP AND SING!" - everyone in the room yelled.

Shikamaru blushed and muttered some tantrums under his breath, before the music started. It was yet again, another love song ... and he had no other choice but to sing. Chouji couldn't help his laughter as he watched his childhood friend sing, looking like a red tomato.

The others were surprised that the voice of the two sounded so good together, because when Ino had sung earlier, her voice seemed like trash, but now she seemed to be putting all her soul in this one, along with Shikamaru who didn't seem to want to make a fool out of himself.

When the two finished, the others clapped furiously.

"Wow! Ino pig you and Shikamaru were amazing!" - Sakura said happily. Ino blushed and thanked her before seating back on the couch, with Shikamaru following right behind.

Another moment of long silence. - "What now!" - Temari got up angrily and glared at her other brother. - "Get your ass up Kakuro! I wanna hear you sing!"

"No way! I'm out!" - the boy crossed his arms over his chest and closed is eyes, as if to make is point clear.

A smile came to Temari's lips. - "Oh yeah!" - she knew her brother didn't like to be the worst at anything, and as he and Chouji were the only ones who hadn't sang yet, she had a plan. - "Chouji-kun, get up!" - Chouji almost split out his chips.

"What?" - he asked surprised.

"Come on! Everyone as sang at least once! You don't wanna be the *only* one not to, right?" - Chouji blushed a little.

"I don't know how to sing!" - he said embarrassed.

"Who cares! Besides you'll never know if you don't try!" - Temari grabbed his hand and pulled him up with a little too much ease. - "I thought you were heavier!" - that earned Chouji another blush as they walked to the front 'stage'. - "You wanna chose the song, or can I pick one up?" - Temari asked him.

"You chose! I don't know any!" - he said, while putting his chip's bag on his pocket.

"Waaiittt!" - Ino got up and walked up to Temari. - "There's a song he knows!" - Ino picked up the single she had previously wanted to sing with Shikamaru and handed it to Temari.

"No, no, no! Not that one!" - Chouji yelled. Temari eyed him confused.

"I though you said Shikamaru couldn't and wouldn't sing it, but why can't you?" - she asked curious.

"I told you already! Too fluffy for my own taste!" - he said embarrassed.

Temari eyed him suspiciously but decided to choose another song, much to Chouji's happiness.

"Chouji, you big fat... (again interrupted by Shikamaru). What do you think you're doing! Sing my song! I want to hear it! Sing it now!" - Chouji sighed.

"Alright, alright! Put the stupid song on Temari-chan!" - Temari smiled despite herself. This was going to be fun.

"Alright. You're the best fat.... " (In case you don't know, she was going to say fatass, which is a taboo word for Chouji. That's why Shikamaru stops her.)

"Beeeeep........." - Shikamaru said, right on time as usual.

The song started and Chouji buried his face on his scarf, embarrassed. But Temari pushed it down and they sang the song perfectly. Her voice matched his very well.

When the song ended ... -"Chouji you're the best!" - Ino cheered. Chouji and Temari sat down.

"For someone who never sang, you did a pretty good job Chouji-kun." - she said with a smile.

"Thanks! I guess hearing Ino sing it so many times really paid out." - he stated embarrassed beyond measures.

"Oi! Kankuro, you're the only one left!" - Temari teased.

Kankuro fumed and got up. - "You're going with me!" - he said, grabbing Gaara's arm and dragging him along, while Gaara grabbed Naruto.

"You're singing as a trio?" - Sakura asked.

"No!" - Naruto said, trying to run back to his seat.

"If I have to stay, you stay too!" - Gaara said, while grabbing his jacket forcefully.

"Mou ... why me!" - Naruto pouted.

Kankuro chose a song and had to share the lyrics with the other two, since none knew them.

Needless to say, it was the hardest joke any could give. The others laughed so hard, that they could swear they were going to die from laughing so much. And this time, even Sasuke couldn't contain his laugh for long.

"Well, at least we provided a good show!" - Kankuro said, when they finished the song and the others were still laughing.

The show ended with the greatest group song ever. And after that, each left for their destiny, promising to see each other the next day. As the moon already filled the sky, announcing the end of another day.

.......... How was it? I just know I laughed a lot! And I'm sorry if I didn't go deep enough with the details. Please leave your comments.

***