Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Bloody Snow ❯ Good News ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


I went home that day feeling better than usual. Sakura had apologized and now we are on the same team as Sasuke and Naruto. Today has been good save for my bruised cheek and twisted ankle. Both were healing slowly but still hurt whenever I touched them. I walked into my room and put my stuff down. Kakashi was still at the school talking to the Hokage about something. He didn’t tell me what they were gonna talk about so I automatically assumed it was about me. I lay down on my bed for a few minutes collecting me thoughts. I’ve been doing that a lot lately. My thoughts ceased when I heard a knock at the door. When I opened it there was a messenger. “A letter for a Miss Hana Yuki.” he said and handed me the letter. I said thank you and brought it into the kitchen. I opened it and it read:
“Dear Hana,
Hello! I hope you are doing well in Konoha. Everyone here is doing fine. Me and my family were wondering if you wanted to come and stay for a little while as we haven’t heard from you in so long! I’ve already sent a letter to the Hokage over there asking him if it would be ok for you to come down for a little while and also asking if you would have a way to get here. I would love to write more but the wife just got in. I was supposed to take them shopping for kimonos for the festival coming up. I’ll buy you something as well for when you come here, and if you decide that you cant then I’ll send it with my next letter.
Best wishes,
Mr. Kimura.”

I smiled. The day was getting even better. Now im pretty sure I know what Kakashi and the Hokage are talking about. I hope I can go. I haven’t been to a festival since before father died, and I do miss everyone terribly. “Hana?” I heard a voice call from the door. “Hey kakashi. Im in the kitchen.” I called back. “I see you got your letter,” he smiled “I have a surprise for you.” he said as he motioned to follow him outside. Standing there with her halter tied to a tree-trunk was the most beautiful horse I had ever seen. She was all black save for a white stripe down her nose and on her left leg. “Oh my gosh... Kakashi.. she is so beautiful!” I said as I walked up and stroked her muzzle. “I thought you’d like her. A gift from the Third. He says its for your journey back to your village.” he smiled again. “You mean I can actually go?!” I said in delight “thank you so much!”
I grinned and gave him the biggest hug I’ve ever given. I called Sasuke later that night and told him what was going on and that I would leave the next day. He asked me if I could meet him at the park in 10 minutes. I said yes and hung up. At the park I saw him sitting on a swing. He stood up as I approached. “What time are you leaving tomorrow?” he asked softly. “5am.. Im gonna get an early start if I want to make it in time for the festival.” I replied. He gave me a hug. “Im gonna miss you...” he said. “I’ll miss you too.. Make sure Naruto doesn’t get into too much trouble while im gone.” I said with a bit of humor. “How long are you gonna stay there Hana?” he asked. “Im not sure... perhaps a month, maybe less, maybe more.. I don’t know. Its gonna take about a week to get there and I want as much time as I can to see everyone.” He nodded and hugged me again. “Its getting late. You should go home and get some sleep.” he said. I nodded “what about you?” I asked. “Im gonna stay here for a little while.. Noone’s waiting for me at home.” he smiled a little. I hugged him and he kissed me forehead. “See you later.” he said. I walked a little distance away and waved back at him. I kept walking, saddened a little yet still excited. I could have stayed with him, I don’t think I could have gotten any sleep anyway.