Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Bloody Snow ❯ A Companion ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 9: A Companion.

I woke up the next morning feeling troubled. I dreamt that Sasuke had been falling into the ocean... and that I had pushed him. I checked my alarm and saw that it was 4:15am. I walked over to my bag and threw the few belongings I had into it. I put Ito’s forehead protector into a small pouch and tucked it safely away. I got dressed into a light grey sweater as it had gotten colder during the night. I put on a pair of dark brown pants and a necklace. It was a LONG journey so I decided to dress comfortably. I put my Konoha protector low on my forehead as usual, covering the top of my scars, and brushed my hair over it.

When I finished dressing and packing I walked into the kitchen. Kakashi was sitting at the table staring at the coffee mug in his hands as if deep in thought. He heard me walk in and looked up. “Oh. Hello Hana... breakfast is on the counter.” he said softly. I nodded and grabbed the bowl of oatmeal and sat across from him. We ate in silence and just enjoyed being together for a time. When we were finished, I walked over to the door and grabbed my trenchcoat. “Well Kakashi, im gonna get going I guess.” I said cheerily. I could tell he was smiling by the slight crease in his mask. “Alright then.” he said and stood up. When we got outside I hugged him tightly. “I promise I’ll write. Every week if I can.” I smiled at him. “You better,” he said. “You better get going.. The sun’s rising.” I nodded and saddled Impa, as I’ve decided to call her, and got on her back. I rode to the gate surrounding his house and waved. I clicked my tongue and she started trotting towards the city.

As I rode by, various shopkeepers bid me farewell. As I rode by the ramen shop I saw some orange pants that looked familiar. “Oi Naruto!!” I shouted. I saw the flap raise and his happy blond face greeted me. “Oheyo Ha-Chan!!” I jumped off Impa and walked over to him. “I heard from Kakashi-Sensei that you were leaving to your old village for a little while.” he said happily. “Indeed I am.” I said and ruffled his hair. I gave him a hug and got back in the saddle. “Tell Sakura that I said goodbye!” Naruto nodded. I grabbed the reins and decided to walk through the rest of the city. At the gates surrounding Konoha, I saw a familiar shadow leaning on his side against the wall. He wasn’t facing me so I walked up to him. I wrapped my arms around his waist and kissed the back of his neck. He craned his head around to face me. Then he turned around looked straight into my eyes. “Hana, im coming with you,” he started and raised his hand before I could protest “and if you wont let me go with you then I will follow you. I cant stand not knowing where you are and wondering of you are safe or not.” Without saying anything I raised my head and kissed him fully on the lips. He wrapped his arms around me and deepened it, parting my lips with his tongue. We battled for a few minutes then reluctantly parted. He sighed and tried to move in again. I stopped him. “Well I suppose you can come with me.. But how? You don’t have a horse do you?” He paused for a minute. “We could share yours.” he said. I blushed. “Yeah I guess we could.” I got onto the horse and he followed. Wrapping his arms tightly around my waist. “Shall we get going..” he whispered in my ear, his breath making my skin tingle. “Uhhh,”I squeaked “sure!” I nudged Impa lightly with my heal and she trotted off into the Mountain.