Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Broken in the Way of Love ❯ Chapter 9: Caught in the Act ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kit48: Disclaimer: I don't own any of the of characters from Naruto (so don't sue) - but I DO OWN Kimi, Kiki, and all the other original characters
 
GUYS!!! SOOOOOO SORRY!! I actually, coulda sworn I already put this chapter up - so I've been scrambings with the chapter after this - so expect another chapter in like 2-3 days.
 
Broken in the Way of Love
Chapter 9: Caught in the Act
“Well, you certainly move fast, dobe.” Comment an amused voice.
 
“Woooot! Go Naruto! Guess you did learn for the best after all!” Boasted the perverted voice of Kakashi.
 
“I'm not sure that's a good thing, Kakashi-sensei.” Commented Sakura. At this point Naruto was doing a fairly good impression of a tomato - he turned to see all of his traveling companions in the doorframe, all smirking very Kakashi-like smirks.
 
“Shut it guys,” Naruto turned to Kiari who was still shocked, “Kiari-chan, I'm sorry I-”
 
`Don't even THINK of saying you didn't mean it!' exclaimed a frustrated Kyuubi.
 
“Oi, dobe - don't play with Kiari-san you meant what you said so don't say otherwise,” said Sasuke, unknowingly giving Naruto a sense of déjà vu. Naruto flinched, which was quickly followed by the evilest glare Naruto could muster. `The hell? What does he have ESP or something'
 
“No, you're just that easy to read dobe, always have been - now stop glaring at me and -ahem- handle your `business.'” Sasuke implied, he shot Naruto a sly look as he turned with his arm around Sakura to lead them out when he was stopped by Kiari's voice.
 
“You know, it's probably best if my sisters and I break our romantic ties - after all - we are soon to be engaged.” She said gravely staring into Naruto's eye with what could only be described as wistful longing. Once again she saw his eyes flash red.
 
“YOU'RE ENGAGED!” Came the outraged voice of… Iruka? “How? What? When!?!” He sputtered out. Next to him Kakashi was pacing and Naruto - well, he was busy trying to calm a livid fox demon - while attempting to keep his own cool, though it was becoming harder as Kyuubi's mantra of “Kill the lily-livered pansy!” began to sound more and more enticing.
 
The twins each looked at each other, before casting a quick death glare at their youngest sister, then endeavored to each calm their significant others. Their whispered cries of “You don't understand” and “I'm sorry I didn't tell you.” Reached Kiari's ears and she began to feel very guilt. `This is SO not according to plan - Father is going to kill me.'
 
After an hour of deep breaths and counting, the death threats had stopped and the glares had lessened. Though, everyone found it particularly upsetting that they could not get any further information out of the girls - they set out to continue their journey. By mid-day each twin began to look around the familiar landscape.
“We should make it home mid-day tomorrow” Kiki called out.
 
`Good, then we can find the stupid bastard who tries to steal our mate from us.' Thought one pissed of kitsune, very darkly, his counter part secretly agreeing.
*Later That Night*
In a similar fashion as their precious days, everyone claimed a bed and fell where they may…once again not really paying attention to make sure said bed - were empty.