Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Broken Wings ❯ Wings ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A sudden, sharp wave of pain shot through Sasuke's back and his eyes flew open. Hissing as the sudden rush of fading sunlight burned his eyes, he squinted into his shirt.

"Sasuke?" fluttered Naruto's voice into his ear.

Releasing his white-knuckle grip on his shirt and unclenching his jaws, the dark-haired boy lifted his head as far as he could and fixed an onyx eye on Naruto, noticing the blonde splashed with blood and looking pale.

"W… What… What in the hell are those?!" Naruto cried, pointing a shaking finger at Sasuke's back.

With pain shooting down his spine with every movement, Sasuke glanced over his shoulder, his eyebrows quirking ever so slightly. Stretching out from the bloody, scarred mess that was his back, a pair of crimson coated wings twitched slightly. Rivets of blood trickled between the feathers and droplets fell from the tips. His eyes flicked to his back and he could see the two fresh gashes in his flesh, starting at his waist and moving to his shoulder blades from where the wings had ripped.

"They're big," Sasuke breathed, bringing his quivering arms beneath him.

"Sasuke? Hey - listen to me, bastard! What the hell are you doing?

Sasuke continued to ignore Naruto as he pushed himself up with shaking arms, pain threatening to black him out again. Pushing himself to his feet, he swayed slightly, feeling waves of blood flow down his back and splash to the ground.

"Need to clean them," he murmured dazedly.

"Oh, no," Naruto said, standing as well. "You will not leave until you explain."

"They'll stain," Sasuke continued to mumble, not noticing Naruto. E took a small, painful step before pitching forward. He would have hit the ground a second time had Naruto not reached out and caught the bloody boy. He clenched his teeth and screwed his eyes shut as tears of pain once more leaked out.

"All right, Sasuke," he heard Naruto grumble. "I'll take you home - but I won't leave until I get some answers."

With the sun almost completely set, it was simple for the two boys to make their way to Sasuke's apartment complex without being noticed. And it was only a miracle, in Naruto's eyes, that no one had noticed them, bleeding and cursing, stumbling up to Sasuke's door. By that time, Sasuke had become, somewhat, more aware and had thus managed to help Naruto find his keys.

Stumbling in through the door, and kicking it closed, Naruto gently lay Sasuke down on a near by, navy blue sofa. With groggy words, Sasuke told Naruto where to find a bucket, a sponge, a special soap for his wings, and some painkillers.

After a few moments, Naruto returned with a sudsy bucket in his hands and a bottle of painkillers in his pocket. Sasuke took about a handful of the painkillers as Naruto kneeled beside the sofa, taking the sponge to Sasuke's back. As he cleaned, he attempted to look for the gashed made in Sasuke's skin, but he only managed to find a pair of fresh, bright red scars.

"Those are the only wounds that heal fast," Sasuke mumbled, feeling as though his head were wrapped thickly in cotton and knowing the painkillers were working. Dimly, he felt Naruto stretch out one of his bloody wings and begin to wipe it down.

"Just what the hell are these?" Naruto demanded, seeing that, when the blood was washed away, Sasuke's wings were a bright and almost blinding white.

"Wings, dobe. What else?"

Naruto decided to ignore the insult. "Well, why do you have wings? And how come I've never seen them before?"

Sasuke stared blankly ahead for a bit before folding his arms before him, burning his face in them and grunting. Naruto fumed slightly, wringing out the bloody sponge. Without thinking, he took a handful of clean feathers and gave a sharp tug, but not hard enough to pull any out.

Even though the drug-induced haze, Sasuke felt the pain, causing him to jerk up with a yelp. He turned to glare at Naruto who merely looked at him with narrowed eyes and said, "Tell me."

Unable to come up with a respectful comeback through the cotton, Sasuke groaned and buried his head back into his arms.

"Fine. I'll tell you. If -" Sasuke flicked his still dirty wing, once more sending droplets of blood to splash on Naruto's cheek "- you finish cleaning."

"Deal," Naruto said quickly as he stretched out Sasuke's wing to clean it.

~*~

~*~

~*~

~*~

And thus chapter two is done. Since I feel as though I am about to pass out as of now, I will have no muse arguing tonight and post this tomorrow (if I remember). I don't own Naruto and, so, till next time! -yawn-