Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Broken Wings ❯ Legend ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"It all began many generations ago," Sasuke said, recalling the story his mother used to tell him all the time. "The exact number is lost, but it was well before any of us were even thoughts. There was once a young man who's name was Uchiha Banzen."

"'Perfection'?" Naruto asked, tilting his head to one side slightly.

"Yes. He was supposed to be the most handsome human, graced with many talents. He was also a… hero, you could say, to the people of his village. Everyone looked up to him and loved him.

"It's said that one day, an Angel named Rubii was looking upon the Earth one day when she caught a glimpse of him. She fell in love instantly, and decided to go to him, descending to the Earth with the light of the full moon. She sought him out and they met, supposedly right where the Uchiha manor is located. Rubii was supposed to be the most beautiful of all Angels, and so Banzen fell in love with her the moment his eyes fell on her."

Naruto groaned as he washed out the rag, sticking his tongue out at nothing in particular. "Why do all legends have instantaneous love-at-first-sight? It never seems real."

"Because then they would take too long to tell," Sasuke grumbled. "Now shut-up, there's still more!"

"More," Naruto grumbled, "goodie."

Sasuke ignored the boy and continued, "Rubii could only stay on the Earth as long as the full moon was in the sky, otherwise she wouldn't be able to return to Heaven. And so as all tales go, she stayed with him that night and many others for many months, returning each time to heaven on the moon's light.

"But as Rubii looked from heaven, there was a demon named Tama who looked up from Hell. She too fell in love with Banzen and so thus hated Rubii."

"Oh joy," Naruto grumbled sarcastically, wiping the last traces of blood from Sasuke's wings and wiping down his own crimson hands.

"Shut up. Anyway, on one of her monthly visits, Rubii became pregnant with twins. Tama, looking for a way to destroy the angel's happiness, set a curse upon Rubii. One child would be born of the light and the other of the darkness. The children would grow and eventually one would kill the other. When Rubii's children were born, one with white wings named Seijun and the other with black wings names Aku."

"Purity and Evil, I get it."

"Horrified, Rubii cast Aku away and raised Seijun herself. The years came and went and Seijun grew to become an angel of glory, and Rubii forgot all about Aku. Then, one day, an angel with black wings appeared, demanding the life of Seijun. Rubii, having forgotten both the prophecy and her child, allowed Seijun to fight Aku.

"Following a glorious battle, Seijun managed to slay Aku, and it was at the moment of Aku's death that Rubii remembered her second child. She was crushed at allowing her child's murder that she cast herself from heaven, never to return.

"Tama's curse still lingers on in our clan and every generation an angel of light and an angel of darkness are born. And every generation, the angels do battle and one stands alone as victor."

"Every… generation…" Naruto squinted his eyes in thought. "Then, if you're the angel of light, then the angel of darkness is…"

Sasuke narrowed his eyes and hissed into his pillow, "Itachi."

~*~

~*~

Wooha! -glomps Kakashi- I finally got my muse back!

Kakashi: Yeah, well, I -- -gets taken by Gem-

Angel: Gah! >< Oh well. I had him back for two seconds… -glances down; spies Icha Icha Paradise- Book! -dives for it but is shoved aside by Itachi-

Itachi: We are not fighting over this again! -puts it into plot hole for later taking out-

Angel: -grumblegrumble- Ah well. I tried. -ahem- To my reviewers! Yes, I know I've been away from this fic for quite a bit, but I do live! And for those of you who have noticed, I actually came up with this idea after reading the DNAngel manga, but I guess Haibane was on the brain. ^^ So, since I don't own Naruto, till next time!