Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Clippings and Snippets ❯ Just in Case ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Just in Case
By: emeraldoni
Disclaimer: Naruto belongs to Masashi Kishimoto, not me.
Sakura sighed; chin in hand as she looked out upon the dusty deserted street. The sun loomed casting about waves of warmth and heat, tangible in the stagnant air. Sakura fanned herself with her hand, tempted to take something else off in her attempt to cool down. She decided against it. Maybe the Uchiha sector was practically empty most of the time, but she didn't want to take the chance, just in case. Sighing, she stared up at the pallid blue sky, longing in her heart.
“Sasuke…”
She loved sitting right here, on a random step near the entrance, just in case Sasuke came back early. It had felt like years, years of solitude, years of growth. Ah, she was just being a drama queen though. It hadn't been that long.
Sakura pulled her shining pink hair back, peeling the sweat soaked strands from her skin and tying them back into a loose ponytail. It was just so goddamned hot. She picked at the bindings around her chest, hoping that maybe she could go home soon and unwind the annoying wrappings. Her skirt had long since ridden up her thighs, revealing as much as modestly possible. The rest of her discarded clothing lay in a bundle next to her, far enough away to get rid of any added heat, which was kind of illogical, but, just in case, she made sure they were a distance from her self.
The cement that had been shaded in the once bitter cold morning was now bright in the sun, and Sakura cursed her body. She really should try to get up and move, she really should go home, but the hope that felt futile glued her rump to the unpadded ground.
“Dammit… this is his entire fault.”
She really shouldn't subject her self to such pointless torture, but she did anyway. Well, she guessed she would just have to make due.
Sakura relaxed her body, making her body as limp as possible in the hope that maybe the heat would subside, just a bit, if her blood slowed. It didn't work, and Sakura bet that Sasuke wasn't warm at all, wherever he was.
Sakura blamed his past, which made him do such unplanned things. Sasuke seemed to be one that would plan and calculate and always be one step ahead of you, just in case. Damn Itachi, the bastard. Sasuke probably was much sweeter before the massacre of his clan. He probably didn't pull stupid things on a whim, or a feeling of ineptness.
Sakura pulled a face as her belly rumbled. Really, this was just getting too much. She should just go home, make some onigiri, then put the leftovers in the fridge. Waiting for something that probably wouldn't return in a long time was ridiculous. Unfortunately, her butt was still glued to the searing ground.
Sakura growled as she sneezed at the dust floating about her in a haze, cursing herself for being such a needy bitch. She should have thought up something better to say than `I-love-you' to keep him around. Like that would work. Words didn't seem to hold much stock in Sasuke's point of view.
You know what? Damn him and his insatiable appetite. He had to be the best of the best; he had to get the best of the best. Why couldn't he just be satisfied with what he had, for once?
Naruto had promised her that he would bring Sasuke back, but knowing Naruto he would start a war instead. She should have probably gone out looking for him herself, just in case, but it was too late now.
Sakura thought about primping herself, just in case he came back early in a sick twist of fate, but decided against it. The unlikelihood was too high, and making her self look nice was just too much trouble in the first place. Besides, she was kunoichi and kunoichi weren't expected to be beauty queens, especially if they had her reputation as a kick ass bitch.
Okay, so maybe that was a bit of an exaggeration.
Sakura wasn't well known enough to have a reputation, in her opinion.
The sound of plastic crinkling interrupted her musings as her head shot up.
“Ah! Sasuke!”
His face was lowered in a forced, slight scowl, long hair trailing down a neck the shone with a slight sheen of sweat. Okay, so maybe Sasuke was affected by the heat as well.
“What are you doing here?”
Sakura grinned, “Waiting for you! You were taking forever. You shouldn't have gone out!”
Sasuke raised a dark eyebrow, striding up to her, one hand occupied with carrying the grocery bag, the other pulling her up by the wrist.
“You told me to go out.”
“No I didn't, I said I loved you.”
Sasuke was silent, bending over to gather her clothes and hang them over his shoulder. How he could still be wearing those dark clothes, Sakura hadn't a clue, but she figured he should get out of them soon, just in case.
“You should be inside.” Sasuke said, grasping her wrist as he led her down the street, though being far form forceful.
Sakura whined, “Sasuke! I'm not a kid. I can be outside if I want.”
Silence responded to her, accompanied by a scathing glance sent her direction from his coal black eyes. Sakura wanted to do something to get away, just in case, but refrained from taking any action except following his footsteps, just in case.
After the short silence Sasuke finally spoke up, “You may not be a child, but you are certainly carrying mine.”
Sakura smiled as she caught up to Sasuke, who had slowed down slightly, eyes glancing her way once more.
“I want you to be careful he said,” and this time he avoided looking at her, “just in case.”
Sakura laughed, shaking his hand away from her wrist, then grasping it again in her own, entwining their fingers together, despite the heat.
“Okay,” she said, just to appease him, along with the fact that he had gone and gotten some ice-cream for (and, she happened to notice, some tomatoes, apparently they were healthy for babies, in Sasuke's account).
“Just in case.”
Oooo000OOO000oooO
A/N: This hit me over the head and I just had to fall for it. Hopefully this will become a series of drabbles with a variety of subjects, pairings, etc… Please review and all that good stuff. It really is nice when you do.
This is not a series, just a place to put stories that I wish to record but no pursue. There will be no set date to update, just whenever I feel like or have a writer's block or something or other. Lovies.
Until next time…
emeraldoni