Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Conflicting Thoughts ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer- I do NOT own Naruto or anything copyrighted by the creators of Naruto.... I can only wish... though Sasuke is mine... *looks at lawyer people* ummm... hehehe *is scared* oookay, i don`t own sasuke...
kuro-though you can stay if you want sasuke
sasuke- yay!! (obvious sarcasm)
kuro- *thinks: take THAT saskura, hehehe*
...a little off track anyways on with my Author`s Notes

A/N--- okay, let`s just say i`ve been reading some fanfiction lately and it`s been ticking me off.... most of the stuff you look for with itachi has him yaoi with kisami, kakashi (WTF!?!?!?!?) or some other random guy... and if there is one thing that ticks me off it`s people making straight anime characters yaoi... *eye twitch*. im not saying that they are not allowed to write whatever their little amoeba minds come up with (hell i do it all the time), but come on guys, the world does not consist of just yaoi...
(side note: unless of course it`s really obvious like yugi and yami (the pharoah)... then they kind deserve it lmao) anywho here the fic, drumroll please *drum rolls by* -_- riiiight....



Uchiha Itachi`s expression was neutral, no emotion showed in his sharingan eyes as his clan was systematically annihilated. His kunai seemed to be coming from every direction at once and te defenders were overwhelmed. The person who had once been the pride of the Uchiha clan now stood before them as executioner. The best of the clan`s ninja were barely even able to keep up with him. Their own bloodline jutsu was useless when compared to his fully developed one. They fought for their lives, their families lives, but to no avail. The teen had barely a scratch on him.

"Uchiha Itachi! Stop at once or we will be forced to kill you." yelled one of them in warning.
Itachi just shrugged it off, noting the minor lack of conviction and the uncertainty in his voice. Everyone knew that he was one of, if not the most, gifted shinobi in the village. And he took advantage of it. His movements a blur, a kunai dagger was imbedded directly in the heart of the one who had warned him. His Magenkyo Sharingan gave him the advantage in the fight and he was using it to full advantage.

As more of his kunai hummed in a deadly accurate flight path, more fell dead. This was too easy. They were supposed to be the noble Uchiha clan, yet he was killing them all. To him they were barely flies, nuisances that just annoyed him. And to him, people were annoying unless dead. Within minutes most of the clan lay dead, and the majority never knew what happened. He continued on hurriedly, any time now one of the other clan`s in konoha would notice the massacre. As silent as a shadow, he passed through the alleyways between houses. His arrival at each house was like a plague that murdered all within.

He entered into a house, his footsteps undetectable as he stalked in the darkness. No one stirred. He entered into one room, kunai knife held ready to kill, only to see it was a kitchen. Two doorways connected to it. He opened the door on the left to see a woman sleeping in a bed. Unknown to her that her husband had been killed only minutes before in one of the fights. She awoke startled, her eyes became wide as she saw the assassin. She opened her mouth to scream, but there was already a slash across her throat. Eyes glossed over as she drowned in a pool of her own blood. His duty finished, he ventured into the next room. A girl, no older than him, lay sleeping. Undisturbed by the slaying of her mother. Itachi brought the dagger up to her throat, ready to finish the job. However something stopped him...

**Flashback**
2 years earlier
He wandered the streets, mostly ignoring the hellos he got from people. His travelling took him near to the border of the forest that encircled the village. Suddenly his attention was caught by something. An unually large amount of chakra was being focused nearby. Interest got the better of him as he ventured over. A girl stood focusing her chakra, she appeared to be attempting to climb the tree without hands. She took a running start, climbed a little more than halfway up, before gravity finally found her guilty of ignoring it`s laws and sent her back earthward bound. She flipped over and easily landed on her feet. Itachi stepped forward, his movement caught in the corner of her eye. She quickly drew out the shuriken that was at her side and held it defensively in front of her. Sharigan, not yet fully achieved, activated almost at once. Itachi`s only reaction was to activate his sharigan also. "You stopped focusing. That`s why you fell" he stated, earning a glare from her. "Well if you hadn`t walked up on me like that I probably would have made it up" she retorted annoyed. He just smirked before channeling his chakra into the soles of his feat and climbed the tree with ease. He hung there suspended upside down.
"See... that`s how it`s done." he stated arrogantly.
Her glare became one that any normal human would have run away screaming a thousand times over from. But Itachi just smirked further. "It would be worth getting up there just to punch that smirk off of him", she thought to herself. Once more she channeled her energy and began to ascend the tree. Itachi watched her, the smug look disappeared slightly from his face. She never looked at him, but instead just watched the tree trunk.

As she stepped on to the same branch as he was on, she looked up.
"See I told you I could do it." she stated.
He thought this would be an interesting challenge, so he reactivated his sharingan.
"Can you do this?" he asked innocently.
She rolled her eyes, of course she could use the bloodline jutsu, he had seen her.
"Of course I can" she answered as she focused her chakra into her eyes.
Literally miliseconds after she realised her mistake as he chakra became divided. Her feet came off the branch and she fell. To pissed off at the fact she had been tricked so easily, she tried to right herself, but the ground was coming up too fast. She closed her eyes tightly. Just when she thought she would break her spine, something, or rather someone, caught her. She opened her eyes to see that it had been the boy who had saved her. She looked up, very confused, only to see a clone poof away in a cloud of smoke.

"You saved... me?" she stammered as he put her down.
"Ya, it`s my fault you fell and I didn`t feel like explaining your death to the Hokage" he answered unconcerned.
They looked away from each other, not saying a word. Both felt uncomfortable with the silence that hung over them, but both did not be the one to break it. Finally unable to take it any longer, he broke the silence.
"I`m Itachi" he said.
She looked up "Acaia".
They both stood once more in silence, glancing at each other every once in a while. Soon after that they began training with each other. Nothing serious, but Itachi kept winning everytime, though she kept the match close. They quickly became friends, though not close because neither of them would allow anyone to be close to them. But they were still friends
*End Flashback*

He couldn`t bring himself to kill her, he could kill anyone, but he just couldn`t bring himself to end her life. "I`m probably gonna regret this" he thought. She woke up with a start, a cold feeling was on her neck. She quickly realized what was happening and went to scream, but quickly the knife was back at her throat.
"Yell, and I swear I will" Itachi threatened. It was then that she noticed it was him, and that the kunai knife already had blood on it.
"What the hell. What are you doing?" she whispered both pissed off and frightened at the same time.
"I`ll tell you later." he replied, swiftly bringing the handle of the dagger to her temple. She fell back unconcious. Itachi looked.... "Yup, I probably will regret that when she wakes up"


A/N-- well???? what did you think?? be honest (unless of course you think it`ll annoy be, then BEWARE >:)...) constructive critism is welcomed.