Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Cursed Twelve ❯ Team Formed, Team Demolished 13 ( Chapter 13 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Cursed Twelve 13 Gatou
 
Inside the cart lays the flame haired girl covered in blood, barely breathing.
"What did you do to her?!" Naruto shouts, getting in Tazuna's face.
"Down, Naruto," Kakashi states in a tired voice as he grabs the back of Naruto's shirt and pulls him back.
"I demand to know what happened to her!" Naruto shouts as he tries to free himself from Kakashi's grasp.
"She doesn't look good," Kakashi admits. "Where's Meloca and the other two members of squad twelve?"
"Everyone, calm down. I will get to the bottom of this, but for now, I would like you to take Samuno to the infirmary," Sarutobi orders.
"Yes, Lord Hokage," Kakashi nods as he releases Naruto and reaches into the cart to scoop Samuno into his arms gently.
"Be careful with her!" Naruto shouts, his voice full of worry.
"Don't worry, Naruto, I've got her," Kakashi assures him.
"What's going on here?" Iruka asks as he runs over. "What happened to Samuno?"
"It's all right, Iruka, just go to the infirmary with Kakashi," Sarutobi orders.
"Actually, Lord Hokage, I'd like to go with you and hear the story first hand," Kakashi states.
"Very well, Iruka can take her to the infirmary," Sarutobi sighs.
With that, Kakashi passes Samuno over to Iruka, who immediately heads off for the infirmary, squad seven on his tail. Sarutobi, Tazuna, and Kakashi return to Sarutobi's place to talk.
"So, what happened? And who are you?" Kakashi starts.
"For starters, my name is Tazuna, I'm a bridge builder in the village of waves. As for what happened, I think only one word is needed to explain: Gatou."
The room falls silent, both Kakashi and Sarutobi understanding all of the horrors involved with Gatou.
"And what of the rest of the team?" Sarutobi asks.
"They're all gone," Tazuna responds. "Samuno was lucky to have made it alive. I felt it was best to bring them all here as fast as possible. The other three are still in the cart under blankets."
"Thank you, Tazuna," Sarutobi nods. "Feel free to remain here in the Konoha as long as you wish."
"Thank you, I will stay, but only until the girl is feeling better."
Both Sarutobi and Kakashi nod.
"Now, how do we explain this to Naruto and Iruka without causing too much of a ruckus?" Kakashi asks.
"We'll just have to tell them the truth," Sarutobi sighs.
"I'm terribly sorry for your losses," Tazuna apologizes.
"We're all grieving," Sarutobi responds. "She was a friend of yours, was she not? Meloca, that is."
"Yes, she would often come to visit me, along with Samuno's parents," Tazuna nods.
 
"Naruto, stop pacing, you're making us all nervous," Sakura scolds from her seat on the bench as she watches Naruto walk back and forth across the room.
"What's taking him so long?" Naruto mumbles as he keeps pacing.
"Naruto," Iruka interrupts as he grabs the young ninja's shoulder to stop him. "Worrying like this won't make this go any faster, we have to be patient."
With that, Iruka leads Naruto over to the bench and forces him to have a seat. Within a few minutes, however, Naruto is fidgeting again, obviously still agitated about not being able to help Samuno.
"You must really like her, huh?" Sakura states calmly with a smile on her face.
"What?" Naruto jumps, taken aback.
"You much really like Samuno," Sakura clarifies.
"No! Are you crazy, Sakura? I don't like her at all. No way no how! Come on, what could possibly make you say that?" Naruto responds quickly as his face turns red.