Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Cursed Twelve ❯ Time Travel 4 ( Chapter 19 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Cursed Twelve 2 Time Travel
Chapter 4
Scolding Yashamaru
 
Once they arrived at the house, Samuno was introduced to Gaara's older siblings, Temari and Kankuro. Yashamaru went to talk with Gaara's father, the Kazekage, shortly after Gaara's siblings headed to bed. Samuno got a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach.
"Are you going to stay up with me tonight, Samuno?" Gaara asked, tugging on her arm to get her attention.
"Hmm? Stay up? What do you mean? Aren't you going to sleep?" Samuno asked, kneeling down next to him.
He shook his head. "If I go to sleep the Shukaku will take control of my body," he explained.
"Oh, I see. Sure, I'll stay up with you tonight. Where do you want to hang out?"
"On the roof, that's where I normally stay during the night, that way I don't wake anyone up," he smiled.
"All right, I'll meet you up there in a bit," Samuno assured him. "I've got something I've got to do first."
"Ok," Gaara agreed before heading upstairs.
Samuno waited for him to round the corner before getting up with a serious look on her face. She headed over to the room where Yashamaru and the Kazekage were talking and quietly put her ear to the door to listen.
"You do not have to take this mission if you do not wish to, Yashamaru," the Kazekage stated.
"It's fine, Lord Kazekage," Yashamaru promised. "I've got no problem with killing Master Gaara."
Samuno covered her mouth, preventing herself from making any actual noises as her eyes widened.
"Are you sure, it may be more difficult since you are his uncle," Kazekage pointed out.
"My sister did not love that thing," Yashamaru stated. "It took her life in order for him to live."
"I understand. Good luck on your mission," Kazekage wished.
"Yes, sir, I hope I do not let you down," Yashamaru answered.
Then, sounds of foot steps approaching the door were heard. Samuno stepped back, but would not run, wanting to face the heartless man face to face. The door opened and out stepped Yashamaru. The door closed before he realized that Samuno was standing there.
"Samuno," he gasped.
"How could the two of you do such a horrible thing?" she asked, getting right to the point. "You, his own flesh and blood."
"He's becoming too dangerous," Yashamaru explained as he pulled on his vest.
"He's just a child. If you guys would open your eyes you would see that he's not dangerous at all. He's just lonely. He has no friends and even his siblings are afraid of him," Samuno explained. "You're the closest thing to a friend he has in this village, and you're going to betray him? How could you? You're going to break his heart even more than it already is. You're going to turn him into the very thing you all fear now."
"You're too young to understand. If we don't kill him now then he will kill us someday," Yashamaru argued.
"Not if you stop fearing him and start caring about him," Samuno insisted. "My brother was the same way. He had a monster sealed in his body and everyone feared him. However, because there were those of us who cared about him he ultimately turned out all right. I don't know what kind of future you will be opening the door to for Gaara, but I do know that you'll be closing the best door he could possibly have access to in his life, especially if you are the one to do this right now."