Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Cursed Twelve ❯ Time Travel 3 ( Chapter 18 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Cursed Twelve 2 Time Travel
Chapter 3
Samuno's Wish
 
With that, Samuno exited the room to give the two some privacy. With no idea of what to do with her time, and the new pain and sympathy in her heart, she simply placed her hand over her heart and slid down the wall.
What Gaara needs is love, that's for sure. I wonder if he lost his family, too. Maybe I could hold off finding my way back to Konoha for a while. Naruto has his new squad now so I don't have to worry about him too much, and my squad is . . . yeah, it's probably better if I don't return for a while, I'm in for an earful when I return, not to mention the fact that I'd have to actually Samuno sighed as she stared up at the ceiling. It's my fault, I'll admit that. If I weren't so stubborn, Meloca-Sensei, Chobun, and Chochun would be fine right now.
"I'm not bleeding, but it hurts right here," Gaara's little voice came out of the room.
Samuno looked inside to see him holding his hand above his heart.
"That's a very different kind of wound than a flesh wound," Yashamaru explained. "A wound of the heart can't be cured with medicine, only one thing can cure that kind of wound."
"What's that?" Gaara asked.
"Love," Samuno interrupted.
"Exactly," Yashamaru smiled.
"Love?" Gaara asked.
"Mm-hmm, being able to love someone and have them love you back," Samuno nodded.
Gaara thought for a minute, and the next thing anyone knew he was running out to take ointment to the girl he had injured earlier. Samuno walked with him to keep him company, but when he got there and the girl answered the door, she simply slammed it in his face.
"Never mind that, Gaara," Samuno insisted as she placed a hand on his head. "You did the right thing, offering her that ointment, there's nothing you can do if she doesn't want to accept it."
"Samuno?" Gaara questioned as they started walking back together, side by side.
"Yes, what is it, Gaara?" Samuno smiled down at him kindly.
"Why is everyone afraid of me?"
"I don't know, I haven't been here long enough to know for sure," Samuno told the truth. "However, if I were to guess it's probably because of your ability with the sand, and how it always protects you. People fear what they do not understand, or of things that they fear are stronger than themselves and could threaten their existence."
"Oh, so, why aren't you afraid of me?" Gaara asked.
"I don't believe in fearing someone for such reasons. Fearing something only gives that thing more power over you, and it could crush the one of which you fear," Samuno explained. "Or, something along those lines. Beside, my brother back in Konoha was forced through the same thing due to the Kyuubi having been sealed within his body at his birth."
"Oh," Gaara looked down at his feet sadly.
"Besides, you're just too cute to be afraid of in my book," Samuno smiled down at him as she ruffled his hair gently. "You're gonna grow up to be a real hotty someday, I just know it. Then you'll find someone who can look beyond that gift of yours and see the real you. The two of you will learn to love each other and you'll be happy together."
"Really?" Gaara asked as he looked up at her.
"Mm-hmm, I'm positive," Samuno nodded. "That is my wish for you, Gaara, that you find that special someone and live happily."
With that, the two continued walking along in silence, just smiling. Soon, Gaara reached up and grabbed her hand in his softly. Samuno's smile only grew as she gripped his hand as well, so the two walked hand in hand back towards the building where Gaara lived.